Intergalactic Summit

 
32 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

[Kyonoke] Contagion Tracking, Containment, Planning

Author
#21 - 2017-02-13 22:08:14 UTC
I may or may not keep an eye on the situation in Postouvin or anything similar in the territory of Solitude.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

M.A.D. Consortium
#22 - 2017-02-13 22:18:20 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
I'm afraid to ask but what would this neutral third party be expected to do? Just monitor shipments going in and keep tabs on Amarrian warships being staged, if any? I'm on Mizhara's side for this, since I can only imagine that people going through what they are going through would probably not want those who once enslaved us offering a hand without our own around. Atleast I know I wouldn't. It has nothing to do with past actions, just common sense.


I respect the reasoning behind this concern.

However not all Amarr will have an agenda beyond helping those in need.

My only issue is that if we continue to cling the old ways of suspicions and mistrust during a crisis such as this it wouldn't matter who wins the next fight if the outbreak is able to spread because we cannot resolve our differences.

Let's take care of those in need now, we can fight about it later.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Mercenary Coalition
#23 - 2017-02-13 22:22:52 UTC
The matter is resolved. Muttokon II is covered and likely with more ISK, assets and personnel behind it than the previous 'solution'.
#24 - 2017-02-13 22:28:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Deitra Vess
Casserina Leshrac wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
I'm afraid to ask but what would this neutral third party be expected to do? Just monitor shipments going in and keep tabs on Amarrian warships being staged, if any? I'm on Mizhara's side for this, since I can only imagine that people going through what they are going through would probably not want those who once enslaved us offering a hand without our own around. Atleast I know I wouldn't. It has nothing to do with past actions, just common sense.


I respect the reasoning behind this concern.

However not all Amarr will have an agenda beyond helping those in need.

My only issue is that if we continue to cling the old ways of suspicions and mistrust during a crisis such as this it wouldn't matter who wins the next fight if the outbreak is able to spread because we cannot resolve our differences.

Let's take care of those in need now, we can fight about it later.

Personally I agree with you on that. My only reason in this instance is; its a devastating event leaving them helpless, followed by Amarr coming to remove them from the contaminated areas and offer aid. They more than likely have the best of intentions (I have no evidence against that aside from a questionable track record). The psychological effect however is another thing.
#25 - 2017-02-13 22:37:55 UTC
Good attentions aside, I would caution patience. Quarantine seems a rational precaution until more is known.
#26 - 2017-02-13 22:44:09 UTC
We at Hoi Andrapodistai have responded to this crisis by transferring 12,500 filthy Minmatar slaves TO the Efu V Moon 1 Genolution Station.

It is our hope that these slaves will become infected and before they glorify God in their deaths will allow my Science Graduates to isolate the pathogen and weaponize it against the Minmatar.
M.A.D. Consortium
#27 - 2017-02-13 22:47:38 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Personally I agree with you on that. My only reason in this instance is; its a devastating event leaving them helpless, followed by Amarr coming to remove them from the contaminated areas and offer aid. They more than likely have the best of intentions (I have no evidence against that aside from a questionable track record). The psychological effect however is another thing.


Well I think the issues like in the centuries of hatred. We have an opportunity to put that aside. It may not right all the wrongs but it would be a step.

Historically Amarr transports were used for slave transports. However, they would be perfect for the movement of qualified personnel into the quarantine zone. Or move low-risk civilians out.

If it makes the Republic happy to have me under their guns and my ship boarded by the secuirty and medical personnel I can accept that.

Many independent contractors would want to help we just need some coordination and perhaps a list of supplies that are starting to run low.



We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Gallente Federation
#28 - 2017-02-13 22:52:25 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
We at Hoi Andrapodistai have responded to this crisis by transferring 12,500 filthy Minmatar slaves TO the Efu V Moon 1 Genolution Station.

It is our hope that these slaves will become infected and before they glorify God in their deaths will allow my Science Graduates to isolate the pathogen and weaponize it against the Minmatar.


Are you planning to run the gauntlet of security to make your "shipment'?


#29 - 2017-02-13 22:56:17 UTC
So...


Anyone here know what "false flag" means?


Asking for some friends.


“Where must we go...we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?”

Mercenary Coalition
#30 - 2017-02-13 22:59:31 UTC
There are four different nations seemingly under attack at this point. There is no reason at all to risk the people or capsuleers involved by allocating yourself to the one nation you're likely an avowed enemy of when others are already covering that location. Good will and hearty huggles and so on are all well and good, but none of those things trump the primary priority here: The people affected by these attacks. The best help they can get is from their own people.

Billions are already spent and at work for Muttokon II simply on the off-chance capsuleers may gain humanitarian access. These people are being cared for as much as they can at this point, and if you seek to help people involved in this crisis I'm sure the other nations' loyalists will have room for you just like this one already has garnered a list of capsuleers ready to deploy.
Arataka Research Consortium
#31 - 2017-02-13 23:13:13 UTC
James Syagrius wrote:
Good attentions aside, I would caution patience. Quarantine seems a rational precaution until more is known.


Agree.

I believe we have offered our resources to the parties in charge more the once since this outbreak caught public traction. Other then that there is little more we can provide and trying to overshadow local authorities with our no-matter-how-righteously-driven actions would only make the situation more tense.

Let us remain in the background and on alert for any new developments should they emerge.

Decrypting the Sleeper cache..

M.A.D. Consortium
#32 - 2017-02-13 23:17:50 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
There are four different nations seemingly under attack at this point. There is no reason at all to risk the people or capsuleers involved by allocating yourself to the one nation you're likely an avowed enemy of when others are already covering that location. Good will and hearty huggles and so on are all well and good, but none of those things trump the primary priority here: The people affected by these attacks. The best help they can get is from their own people.

Billions are already spent and at work for Muttokon II simply on the off-chance capsuleers may gain humanitarian access. These people are being cared for as much as they can at this point, and if you seek to help people involved in this crisis I'm sure the other nations' loyalists will have room for you just like this one already has garnered a list of capsuleers ready to deploy.


Please do not misunderstand me. First I would not travel that far into Republic Space without an armed escort. I would be insistent on it simply because of the confusion of relief efforts coming off of Amarr Transport vs that of Matari ship. It vexes me to see nothing happening with the space elevator except the possibility of it plummeting into the atmosphere of an inhabited planet thus making the situation worse.

I am of the opinion that all of these issues are connected and perhaps all of our best answers come from Muttokon since it is "ground zero."

But you are right, no use in traveling to Muttokon when we have the contagion now in Efu. It is closer and I check out things there. If I do find out anything useful I will be happy to share.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Mercenary Coalition
#33 - 2017-02-13 23:22:32 UTC
And should Muttokon II prove to be fully cared for and won't need any capsuleer aid at all, I'm certain my personal and other people's emergency response assets can be transferred under the control of parties handling the other crisis centers in other nations.
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2017-02-13 23:26:37 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
We at Hoi Andrapodistai have responded to this crisis by transferring 12,500 filthy Minmatar slaves TO the Efu V Moon 1 Genolution Station.

It is our hope that these slaves will become infected and before they glorify God in their deaths will allow my Science Graduates to isolate the pathogen and weaponize it against the Minmatar.


Just from catching up on all the forums. You realize you seem to be likely suspect in all these outbreaks across New Eden right?

And now publicly admitting on the Summit that you would "weaponize" them against the Minmatar People. You do realize that this started in Republic Space right?
M.A.D. Consortium
#35 - 2017-02-13 23:31:41 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
And should Muttokon II prove to be fully cared for and won't need any capsuleer aid at all, I'm certain my personal and other people's emergency response assets can be transferred under the control of parties handling the other crisis centers in other nations.


Of course I do. You have been on this watch since the beginning. I have no doubts in your compassion in regards to the seriousness of the situation. It affects us all.

You have humbled me and I am honored that you would this despite the challenges you may face for your good intentions.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

#36 - 2017-02-13 23:53:53 UTC
The common assumption as to how its spread so far seems to be that people have breached the quarantine, or that it was a targeted attack, but what if the contagion doesn't show symptoms immediately? All of the initial victims were infected from a common source and then traveled to these locations where the disease, whatever it is, became active and spread. We should consider looking for common areas between the locations, and also being prepared for more outbreaks if this is the case.

Feels Pretty Soft to Me.

Arataka Research Consortium
#37 - 2017-02-14 07:51:52 UTC
Without a doubt, the idea of a patient zero, or an initial infection pool, is a reasonable one. If these outbreaks are the same disease, then they are likely from a common source. There's a reason Oijanen Response Group (ORG) marines have attempted to locate the black box of the Oijanen frigate crash, or any logs about the same.

The major issue with any disease is the latent period before symptoms are evident. This appears to progress quickly, which is honestly helpful -- but even two days' incubation merits appropriate delays on transit. If all stations in the State institute a mandatory lag on travel, forcing ships at dock to remain isolated for several days before docking and transit of crew and passengers, then plague-bearing ships will have crew manifesting symptoms. While this will be a significant burden for corporations operating their supply chains on a just-in-time basis, the public safety gains from a mandatory quarantine period on ships arriving in dock would be tremendous.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2017-02-14 09:14:23 UTC
The actions reported here are perfect examples of what I was talking about. Capsuleers all going off half-cocked with no co-ordination, no actual idea of what they are responding to, and risking all sorts of potential inter-empire conflicts in the arrogant belief that they are the only ones capable of solving this threat.

It's actually amusing that some of you think that the majority of capsuleers are in any way as moral as you like to make out. How long before your valuable assets attract the eye of the piratical, and in the ensuing attacks, the quarantine is broken?

Why can't you simply put your egos to one side for a moment and wait until the appropriate authorities ask for your aid?

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#39 - 2017-02-14 09:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Julianni Avala
Haru'kai Vidaraltyr wrote:
The actions reported here are perfect examples of what I was talking about. Capsuleers all going off half-cocked with no co-ordination, no actual idea of what they are responding to, and risking all sorts of potential inter-empire conflicts in the arrogant belief that they are the only ones capable of solving this threat.

It's actually amusing that some of you think that the majority of capsuleers are in any way as moral as you like to make out. How long before your valuable assets attract the eye of the piratical, and in the ensuing attacks, the quarantine is broken?

Why can't you simply put your egos to one side for a moment and wait until the appropriate authorities ask for your aid?


Mister Vidaraltyr, I would like to correct you in that there's no coordination. There is. There are a number of parties involved in it.

This is not about ego. This is a situation in which everyone, everywhere, should be concerned. To coordinate efforts in way of aid is showing humanity. While I agree that most capusleers seem to have found themselves lost in this concept, that doesn't mean that it's entirely gone.

I can say that I do, however, understand your concern about pirates.

Chief Financial Officer, Head Diplomat

I-RED GalNet Site

--

((OOC: Journey to Purpose- Julianni's Character Blog, last updated 19.06))

Shadow Cartel
#40 - 2017-02-14 13:55:32 UTC
I'll get in touch. Maybe there is something I can do.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

32 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump