EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12

Need a PVE area to learn game

Author
#21 - 2017-02-17 04:48:33 UTC
Heres a hint: Theres NO PVE in eve, everything is pvp or a means to pvp.

Want an area to pve?? Your prolly playing the wrong game fella **** kid.
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2017-02-17 05:03:48 UTC
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

Sorry but I'm gonna disagree with you.

Escalations gained from exploration sites can not be scanned down by other players, as such those are strictly PvE sites. Running missions for Agents is also strictly PvE. Not to mention dealing with Research Agents to get Data Cores is also strictly PvE. The same goes for doing Planetary Interaction.

DMC
Caldari State
#23 - 2017-02-17 08:32:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakawai
@OP

You made a fairly common mistake (I'd guess it's more than 25%) in the way you started to play. Don't feel bad about it - the "cues" to show first time players a clear and acceptably safe path into the game are very easy to miss. And unfortunately, even if you found the help channels and asked questions there's a fair chance some "channel-pvper" lied to you.

Ignore the posts suggesting this was your fault. It's not correct, and that attitude comes with a highish probability their input can't be trusted.

Accept that you'll need to do a restart of sorts. It won't cost much time, and in hindsight you'll find the path you accidentally followed contained some useful lessons.

There are a set of polite and fairly consistent posts in this thread with similar and consistent startup advice. If you can understand the suggestions, do as they say.

OTOH, it's not always easy for a new player to understand good advice and make a plan (not just with EVE - this is true with being a beginner at almost anything worth doing). If you can't make a plan, ask again in this thread.
#24 - 2017-02-17 11:24:07 UTC
Check out the help channels in game, and join E-Uni. Lots of people to answer questions there.

Feel free to join me in game in the "Realm of Mischief" channel.

🇮🇪

disappears in a cloud of rust

#25 - 2017-02-17 11:42:07 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

Escalations gained from exploration sites can not be scanned down by other players, as such those are strictly PvE sites. Running missions for Agents is also strictly PvE. Not to mention dealing with Research Agents to get Data Cores is also strictly PvE. The same goes for doing Planetary Interaction.

DMC

You cannot undock without the possibility of PvP. Once you are aware of it, you are already actively particpating by taking precautions or preparations. If not, well... we all know how this might end.
You cannot use the market without participating in PvP. You are competing against other players for best prices and the value of loot and loality points is finally determined by the outcome of this market PvP.

Moo! Uddersucker, moo!

Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2017-02-17 13:47:33 UTC
CowQueen MMXII wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

DMC

You cannot undock without the possibility of PvP. Once you are aware of it, you are already actively particpating by taking precautions or preparations. If not, well... we all know how this might end.
You cannot use the market without participating in PvP. You are competing against other players for best prices and the value of loot and loality points is finally determined by the outcome of this market PvP.

If you're in an empty system and undock then there's no PvP action there. Also I never said anything about the Market. Besides that, there's NPC buy and sell orders in the Market anyway so a player could feasibly just do PvE in the Market. Also Loyalty Points can be used to acquire items for personal use instead of selling them in the Market which would make that PvE content as well.

DMC
#27 - 2017-02-17 14:11:42 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
CowQueen MMXII wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

DMC

If you're in an empty system and undock then there's no PvP action there. Also I never said anything about the Market. Besides that, there's NPC buy and sell orders in the Market anyway so a player could feasibly just do PvE in the Market. Also Loyalty Points can be used to acquire items for personal use instead of selling them in the Market which would make that PvE content as well.

DMC

Nah i agree with Sonas (i know i feel dirty but it seems he finally gets it.. maybe..). In an un-scannable escalation you can still have your ship scanned down and are therefor involved in PvP from the get go, even in an empty system you are still involved with other players in a number of ways. I think the real answer to the OP's question is that he is already in the PvE area (it's just it's also the PvP area just like everywhere in EvE) Pirate
ChaosTheory.
#28 - 2017-02-17 14:28:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Simply an observation that might benefit the OP (who seems a genuine new player).

When it comes to PVE (and if you choose PVE as your primary focus), you will notice a divide. Those PVErs who understand that EVE is primarily a PVP game will always be happier, and more well adjusted to deal with EVE and the people in it. Those PVE-centric players who quibble about the definition of "PVP" and deny the base-line fact that EVE is centered on PVP interactions always have a tougher time of it and end up extremely bitter towards the game and it's maker.

I'm biased because I am a part of the former group rather than the latter (our motto is "getting the loot is PVE, getting away with it is PVP"), but I honestly suggest you embrace the PVP nature of the game.

Not just embrace it, learn to USE it and ENJOY it, there is no bigger rush for me than that of killing an overseer npc, scooping enough lot for a PLEX in a rash of good luck and then watching the hapless, over-eager, arrogant PVPer who scanned me down warp in and get killed by the NPCs at the warp in beacon that I didn't aggro on the way in Twisted .
2 PagesPrevious page12