EVE General Discussion

2 PagesPrevious page12

My Thoughts On Alphas And FtP

Author
#21 - 2017-03-20 05:23:06 UTC
000Hunter000 wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
That old and loyal playerbase will not be around forever. No matter how loyal or how long we have been playing. People do eventually drift away. Maybe they get a family. Maybe the accomplish their eve goals. Maybe they get a new job or simply grow bored. Either way, the company cannot survive exclusively by courting their existing player base. If the game is going to survive they need to attract new blood.

Hm... I've grown old, started a family, got bored and accomplished lots of goals...

Yes, i've taken a few breaks, but EVE has always drawn me back in! ALWAYS. Big smile

It does that to people Shocked

I feel off the game 3 years back when my lappy died, I always read the eve emails about new updates. But never got around to coming back to the game, either from time issues or or computer limitations. When I finally got a decent computer
Eve didn't pop back into my mind and when it would, my old lady wouldn't have let me pay for a sub(even though I seen her blow 15 bucks on stupid Best Fiends in one day) just so I can see how well it would run on the current computer.

Boom, alpha clones announcement seen on some gaming site I read sometimes. I ran to my puter and jumped back into the game.
And when she will let me I'll get a PLEX to get back into my main ships. But I'm having fun running in cruisers.

The alpha clone is keeping my feet wet till I can(or allowed) to get my sub on. I know if I just touched base in the game when I was allowed, I would have just fallen off the game and never looked back.

No cuts, no butts, no coconuts!

Forum alt, unskilled in the ways of pewpew!

Gallente Federation
#22 - 2017-03-20 05:47:33 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
000Hunter000 wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
That old and loyal playerbase will not be around forever. No matter how loyal or how long we have been playing. People do eventually drift away. Maybe they get a family. Maybe the accomplish their eve goals. Maybe they get a new job or simply grow bored. Either way, the company cannot survive exclusively by courting their existing player base. If the game is going to survive they need to attract new blood.

Hm... I've grown old, started a family, got bored and accomplished lots of goals...

Yes, i've taken a few breaks, but EVE has always drawn me back in! ALWAYS. Big smile

It does that to people Shocked

Yeah, but not to everyone.

At this point my friends list has more people who haven't logged in in over a year than it does active pilots.

As my mom would say, "well I guess they're not really your friends."
#23 - 2017-03-20 23:24:04 UTC
Today I learned someone thinks a business doesn't have as its main goal to maximize profit.

Oh, to be brand new to real life.
TRUE VINE
#24 - 2017-03-21 16:12:11 UTC
the game over years has just stagnated player wise , the alphas and pocket money ,plex , skins ,clothing , etc ,is just the shareholders flexing thier muscles for more cash .

like anything else if thier investement dont grow , then they normally have meetings how can we make more cash at that point anything thats taboo is on the cards after all buisness is buisness.

the open world pvp sandbox is good model but limited , example bulk of content is pve and when players dont want pvp they go high sec to do thier own thing , and can be blown up normally by players going for easy kills ,or war decs , so i think this aspect might have to change to get more players/buisness .

so long term think you will have to change a few things to get more to the game , alphas is a start pocket change plex is just cash cow ,

Gallente Federation
#25 - 2017-03-22 14:03:00 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:
Man I figured after a post like that I'd get gored but the response was surprisingly perceptive with but minor goring. There are vast swaths of this game I don't know that much about and I'm confident that when I'm looking for new ways to play there will be things I need to research before jumping in. I ain't got a clue about Plex and Arum, some kind of other money I think but neither one flies and I can't shoot nobody with it so I don't think I'll ever get into all that but hey, if that's your thing then go for it. As far as the Alpha folks, well, good luck and happy flying, all that.

I don't think anyone gave a dam about your Legion if you were looking for sympathy .. lol

Eve has strengths and weaknesses when compared to other video games.

The player base consists of people prepared to put up with it's weaknesses, I'm not sure if everything that can be done has been done to reduce them but a lot of it is a fundamental part of the game.

Why not create a first person shooter and stick it on like a side car because that is what everyone plays these days ? Oh they already tried that.. more mini-games then \.o./ yay.
2 PagesPrevious page12