EVE General Discussion

CCP Reykjavik!!

First post First post
Author
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2017-04-17 15:36:21 UTC
Hey all! Well, 6,708.9km later and about 30 degrees centigrade less, I made it to CCP Reykjavik:) (part of a holiday trip with the wife) - standing outside the front door was pretty exciting!

So I had to send this to celebrate the many eve online fan years...was it 4? 5? Nobody counts after the second year anyway.

The downside is that all the staff there had to be on holiday...my flight leaves early morning so I won't get the chance to step inside the temple of awesome but oh well.

P.s. I was reading the plaque on one of the statues in the downtown area and seeing that huginn and muninn are named after the two ravens was interesting!

Happy holidays to all!
Fly safe as always o/
Hamul Jinn

#2 - 2017-04-17 16:42:50 UTC
If you were a real EvE player you'd say "to heck with that flight", tank the wife-aggro, and stay for a tour.

I think you'll find many things in EvE using names from norse mythology.

A Band Apart.
#3 - 2017-04-17 18:51:13 UTC
I have found out, gradually I might add, that tanking wife-aggro is a very underestimated task that usually ends in disaster...so I'll have to make due with that picture I'm bringing back.
I'll have to look up the rest of the Norse mythology references within EVE.

Peace!
o7
Caldari State
#4 - 2017-04-17 19:03:01 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
If you were a real EvE player you'd say "to heck with that flight", tank the wife-aggro, and stay for a tour.

i want a animation of this Big smile
#5 - 2017-04-17 19:26:20 UTC
Pics or it didn't happen!!! P

But seriously, hope u had a nice holiday. I'd love to go to Iceland someday, so i'm just jealous Sad
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2017-04-17 19:55:33 UTC
Ask and you shall receive!!
http://imgur.com/xTmoH3x

:))
To be honest it wasn't even planned, it was more of a surprise trip...wife only had "cold country" as a preference. Iceland is indeed such a beautiful country though, it should be on any bucket list for sure!

#7 - 2017-04-17 20:58:36 UTC
Hamul Jinn wrote:
I have found out, gradually I might add, that tanking wife-aggro is a very underestimated task that usually ends in disaster...so I'll have to make due with that picture I'm bringing back.
I'll have to look up the rest of the Norse mythology references within EVE.

Peace!
o7

The trick is not convert the spouse into the plaintiff. Careful sledding.

Abide

#8 - 2017-04-17 20:59:54 UTC
Hamul Jinn wrote:

:))
To be honest it wasn't even planned, it was more of a surprise trip...wife only had "cold country" as a preference. Iceland is indeed such a beautiful country though, it should be on any bucket list for sure!

But on the flipside, it was a door to a brewery!

Abide

#9 - 2017-04-17 21:01:39 UTC
000Hunter000 wrote:

But seriously, hope u had a nice holiday. I'd love to go to Iceland someday, so i'm just jealous Sad

I'm going to fanfast next year. Has to happen before I get to be 60. If I keep my baseball cap on and dye my hair, no one in the pub crawl will suspect I'm an geezer.

Abide

Solitaire.
#10 - 2017-04-17 21:38:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthias Ancaladron
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:

And Greek mythology and some zoroastrian myth names.
#11 - 2017-04-17 21:46:17 UTC
Ranzabar wrote:
000Hunter000 wrote:

I'm going to fanfast next year. Has to happen before I get to be 60. If I keep my baseball cap on and dye my hair, no one in the pub crawl will suspect I'm an geezer.

No one will care my friend

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

A Band Apart.
#12 - 2017-04-17 22:05:25 UTC
@Ranzabar CCP fully booked the brewery for a staff party...they thought of everything to keep me out :p

I'd definitely come back to see this place in the wintertime though, just out of curiosity!
#13 - 2017-04-17 22:27:47 UTC
Hamul Jinn wrote:

You just know that sign really says "LOL!"
#14 - 2017-04-18 00:57:22 UTC
Yourmoney Mywallet wrote:
Hamul Jinn wrote:

You just know that sign really says "LOL!"

Sadly not, it says "Lokað", which is Icelandic for closed.

The landlord of the building we're in has been doing basement renovations recently, preparing to open something down there, so there's been signs and barriers up all over the place.

Also, OP, drop us a line next time you're in town, I'm sure we can arrange a tour.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3