EVE General Discussion

What if...wormholes lead to our real universe

First post
Author
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2017-04-19 12:14:25 UTC
What if wormhole systems are our real systems and with new project discovery update and stargate building we can add new ones and make our own routesShocked
#2 - 2017-04-19 12:22:03 UTC
approved Cool
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-04-19 14:31:30 UTC
Well what we would do would be to remove the thread from this forum and go from there
#4 - 2017-04-19 17:18:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitsa
Chidorin Takamori wrote:
What if wormhole systems are our real systems and with new project discovery update and stargate building we can add new ones and make our own routesShocked

um... not sure if this is news to ya but j-sigs are based on real j-sigs. so a pale blue dot is out there (or what it would look like +20k years in the future...

edit: I think Mark or Rhavas has been looking for it
Caldari State
#5 - 2017-04-19 21:59:37 UTC
...this thread was conceived in a wormhole.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

#6 - 2017-04-19 22:27:55 UTC
There was a project years ago called Project Compass that actually mapped out distances to the wormhole systems. They proved that w-space isn't local space through whatever reasoning. Was pretty cool.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Vice Admiral

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

#7 - 2017-04-20 04:27:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Cybertherion
I'd always assumed wormholes were Einstein-Rosencrantz bridges into our universe, or simply galaxy in EvEspeak. If EvE is a sandbox (sand is coarse and rough and it gets everywhere) it surely must be a reflection of our own reality. People continually complain about perceived limitations in EvE the same way many do IRL.

There are no limitations in Inception. I prefer the quotations of the honourable Buddha Judge Dredd:

Eveyone is guilty, I'm only here to determine the level of your guilt.

Probably a bad day to catch me with a can opener around a wormhole. Diatribe aside, I also approve of this thread.

Blood is freedom stained.

#8 - 2017-04-20 08:10:18 UTC
This news article explains how it will work in some details.

Maybe some new systems could be added to the game universe, and even named, if we really find them. CCPlease. Make it happen.

#9 - 2017-04-20 11:50:32 UTC
Great idea!

@lunettelulu7

#10 - 2017-04-20 17:45:55 UTC
Chidorin Takamori wrote:

Say what? Shocked

I do wonder if ccp ever had any (secret) plans on reopening the evegate.
#11 - 2017-04-21 11:42:04 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
There was a project years ago called Project Compass that actually mapped out distances to the wormhole systems. They proved that w-space isn't local space through whatever reasoning. Was pretty cool.

link

The tl;dr is:

J-space is a cluster about 1300 light-years southeast of New Eden.
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-04-21 23:56:01 UTC
CCP's backstory/gameworld guys are more sly than they might seem. For example, who would have guessed that the stars you see around in the background actually are stars in systems in the game? It only became apparent when a release added they lines displaying your route between systems. How cool is that? Pretty dang cool.
Caldari State
#13 - 2017-04-22 10:03:13 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
CCP's backstory/gameworld guys are more sly than they might seem. For example, who would have guessed that the stars you see around in the background actually are stars in systems in the game? It only became apparent when a release added they lines displaying your route between systems. How cool is that? Pretty dang cool.

People notice nothin'. Bear

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato