Ships & Modules

 
 

A new titan

Author
#1 - 2017-04-12 01:16:07 UTC
A new titan that's less expensive than other titan and smaller maybe like 10km long axis seems good that regular players without omega can buy to lead thousands of people into battle because it just seems right, and itll be called Expod or something the admins come up with a better idea but it costs like at least 1-5 bil and is very easy to drive, on top of that the book for it will cost a bit less than usual and it would be good idea so people could feel what a regular titan is like, and actually lead there friend into battle.

My yt is Cameron Lytle

this is the owner of VapeNation Corperation
Cameron Lytle
#2 - 2017-04-12 01:21:02 UTC
dude you already post this stupid idea in General....
ib4l

and.... whatever....
#3 - 2017-04-12 01:23:57 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
dude you already post this stupid idea in General....
ib4l

and.... whatever....


ya I accidently did that
#4 - 2017-04-12 05:24:22 UTC
Cameron Lytle wrote:
[...]regular players without omega [...]


Something does not connect here. Omega is regular. Alfa is for poors.

Also I have no idea why you believe the task of a titan pilot is to "lead others into battle".

These points lead me to the conclusion that you have no sufficient knowledge of the game to make a viable suggestion.
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2017-04-12 05:41:09 UTC
U've missed that it should be able to fly at high sec and dock at any station, and yeah it has to be A Drone Boat.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

#6 - 2017-04-13 03:43:09 UTC
I still like the idea, would be a perfect ship to shoot snowballs with, and I still like the snowball doomsday idea

selling officer BCUs! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6872141

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

The-Culture
#7 - 2017-04-13 21:47:47 UTC
This is the greatest idea anybody on these forums has ever come up with.

Prove me wrong!
Shadow Cartel
#8 - 2017-04-14 03:34:09 UTC
Perkin Warbeck wrote:
This is the greatest idea anybody on these forums has ever come up with.

Prove me wrong!

Challenge accepted!!

It will... *snerk* ... be more or less as expensive as a regular capital and... *snerkhehe* ... be BIGGER than normal capitals... and...

hahah

HAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...


ow... my sides... i can't... Lol
#9 - 2017-04-21 05:36:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Actaeon Versaea
Cameron Lytle wrote:
A new titan that's less expensive than other titan and smaller maybe like 10km long axis seems good that regular players without omega can buy to lead thousands of people into battle because it just seems right, and itll be called Expod or something the admins come up with a better idea but it costs like at least 1-5 bil and is very easy to drive, on top of that the book for it will cost a bit less than usual and it would be good idea so people could feel what a regular titan is like, and actually lead there friend into battle.

My yt is Cameron Lytle

this is the owner of VapeNation Corperation
Cameron Lytle


As a side note, I don't see many fleet commanders flying a Titan personally. They're too often targeted and shot off the battlefield. The FCs I work with fly doctrine (or slighly more tanked) subcapitals: These FCs are inconspicuous, and a low priority for killing, allowing them to stay on the field, leading, for longer.

As for a "smaller and less expensive titan" you may want to look into carriers and dreadnoughts. Sure, alpha's can't fly them, but the alpha concept really is just another form of trial. CCP still needs people to buy subscriptions to pay the bills.

As for "Easy to drive," capitals are hard to fly to balance out their massive damage or fleet support potential.

So, if you want to FC as an alpha, try flying a DPS cruiser in a small corp, and if you want to try fleet support, you can try a T1 logistics fit cruiser.

Also, the FCs who can command thousands of people have trained at least English Grammar III - People love to fly for someone they can understand with ease.
#10 - 2017-04-21 05:49:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Actaeon Versaea
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
I still like the idea, would be a perfect ship to shoot snowballs with, and I still like the snowball doomsday idea


I'd like to suggest the following stats for our new Titan:

El-Cheapo Titan bonus (per level):
25% bonus to festive launcher rate of fire
25% bonus to festive charge flight time and velocity
25% bonus to XL festive launcher ammunition capacity
10% bonus to XL festive charge velocity

Role Bonuses
Can fit festive command burst modules.
250% Bonus to festive command burst area of effect and strength.
Can fit jump drive, cone vat bay, and festive jump field generators. (Only ships with festive launchers can use)
Can fit Milknbiscuits Effect Field Generator (100% bonus to festive launcher rate of fire, 25% bonus to festive charge effect radius, -50% to armor and shield resists)
Can fit Hohohololrekt Doomsday Device (Bombards all ships on it's ark of effect with snowballs from an off grid location)
Rate My Ticks
#11 - 2017-04-21 11:24:10 UTC
I'd like this titan! CCP make it so Big smile

What New Eden needed was Wise Immortal Philosopher Kings. What New Eden got was Sociopathic Immortal poo-flinging monkeys . . . vOv

Caldari State
#12 - 2017-04-21 11:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme Sake
How about a bigger titan that keeps regular titans in his hangar; those regular titans would keep that smaller titans you propose in its hangar and the smaler titans would keep even smaller titans in their drone bay!

Something like this:

Titans

Cool

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

No Handlebars.
#13 - 2017-04-25 15:58:49 UTC
I will support this if it can fit 50 rocket launchers

Minmatar....we are generally unpleasant to be around....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC81MDW6dFa41VdNTt-pTl1Q

Always recruiting

Forum Jump