Ships & Modules

Ship & Fit for L2 Security Missions

Author
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2017-04-21 02:51:20 UTC
Hello all, new Amarr player ( alpha ) looking to get into L2 Security missions. 1.3 Mil Sp. 325 K in Gunnery not much in Drones but willing to learn. Iot a lot of cash yet ( 6 mil ) and looking at standard cruisers ... Maller, Omen or Arb seem to be best but which one and what skills to fly her properly.

Thx in advance for your recommendations

Barudan
#2 - 2017-04-21 04:34:37 UTC
I think most Cruises hulls might be beyond you buying power. (Sent you a bit to fix that) so you might be better sticking with a destroyer until you have a bit more cash.

Here is an Omen. With good skills you could fit better guns ect but I was trying to keep it easy to fit. (drop T2 mods to cheap Meta if required)

Its abit over tanked for Lvl2s but Being new its nice to ahve a bit of buffer.
[Omen, Alpha PVE]

Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
Damage Control II
True Sansha Energized EM Membrane
True Sansha Energized Thermal Membrane
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

Focused Modal Pulse Laser I, Multifrequency M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Acolyte I x5
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2017-04-21 05:14:36 UTC
Andrew

Thank you very much for your contribution, you are very generous and helpful. I see you are one of the good people in Eve and will pay this forward when I can. I will look into the setup you posted and run it through EFIT to see how it works with my skills.

I have read that there is a operational process to Armor tanking that should be followed. Is there anything from a procedural aspect that I need to know about this fit. The tutorials so far and the missions I have ran don't really give you an idea about how to do things. They just say " approach, lock, fire ... repeat. I am sure it's not that easy as the missions get harder.

Fly Safe ...

Barudan
#4 - 2017-04-21 05:46:07 UTC
Lvl2s should be pretty easy even as an Alpha. Most lickley you cna just face tank most missions and

That being said the way I normally handle PVE (if in a mobile ship and tank is an issue) is to skirt around the outside of the NPC ball at my optimal and just shooting the NPCs in my optimal . It reduces incoming DPS as not all NPCs are in their optimal and you are hard to hit when moving.

Let you drones shoot the smaller ships.

If you are having issues with tank (but not anywhere near death) try getting a bit further from the NPCs and using longer range Ammo. If you tank continues to break start aligning out to something while shooting the ships with the biggest red glow around them (pull drones). If **** start to hit the fan then all you have to do is click warp to the thing you where aligning to and you are safe.
Caldari State
#5 - 2017-04-21 11:48:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Missions repeat fairly often, so you soon get to know what to do in them.

As an alpha you may be locked out of larger hulls but you can still participate in higher level missions.
Actually this is rather a good thing, as it breaks the belief many people have of "A bigger hull-class is better, because it's bigger"

You can have a bucket-load of fun in frigates, destroyers & cruisers
That fun typically has a lower ISK barrier too, coz frigates be cheap :D

Whichever weapon you focus on, don't skimp on it's support skills
+Tracking imo is the best to train first
+Range can be left till last

If you're wondering 'how do I handle Level 3 or 4 missions' in the near future when my standings allow it.
you have 2 choices

The Gnosis
Friends

for L4's as an alpha you'll need friends

As for Ship & Fits

Look at the bonus you get from the hull.
Make your module choices around those and it's pretty hard to go wrong.
Spaceship Bebop
#6 - 2017-04-21 23:43:56 UTC
My advice to you is go drones. Almost every ship has a drone bay so sp you invest in drones will never really be wasted. A punisher will get you through level 1. You can then train into an arbitrator for level 2s. Level 3 go with a prophecy. Level 4s you could even use an Armageddon.

The Amarr drone destroyer I did not mention because for a fair number of level 2s a destroyer with newish skills will not have enough tank. A cheaply fit cruiser will have more survivability.

The nice thing about the arby is it has sufficient kids you can even shield tank. This is rare for amarr ships. The arby and later the geddon can fit into pvp ship comps as well. Save the tech II laser training for later.

It is possibly difficult for you to imagine at this stage but eventually you will have all four races of ships trained. But for now the amarr drone boats will serve you best for missioning. Nothing sucks worse than shooting lasers at rats that laugh off em damage.
I will try to post some fitting advice when I am no longer riding the subway. 😃

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

#7 - 2017-04-24 07:34:50 UTC
Deacon Abox wrote:
My advice to you is go drones. Almost every ship has a drone bay so sp you invest in drones will never really be wasted. A punisher will get you through level 1. You can then train into an arbitrator for level 2s. Level 3 go with a prophecy. Level 4s you could even use an Armageddon.

OP is an Alpha, he cant fly other races or anything larger than a cruiser other than the Gnosis.

Anyway, I think for the lower level missions you are better off with a gun boat, drone travel time kills with so many small ships.
Spaceship Bebop
#8 - 2017-05-03 01:49:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Deacon Abox
Andrew Indy wrote:
Deacon Abox wrote:

OP is an Alpha, he cant fly other races or anything larger than a cruiser other than the Gnosis.

Anyway, I think for the lower level missions you are better off with a gun boat, drone travel time kills with so many small ships.

Duh. So he will always stay an alpha?Roll

Light and medium drones move very quickly. If we were talking heavy drones I would agree.

Lasers against anything other than bloods or sansha are suck. There is a reason why drone and missile ships have traditionally been the best mission ships (we wont talk about Machs here).

Hope you went Amarr drone boats, OP.Blink

edit: also your pulse omen wont have the range of an arbys drones.

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.