EVE General Discussion

3 PagesPrevious page123

Exploration Feedback - Known Space Data Sites

Author
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2017-04-21 13:15:11 UTC
The problem is not low demand for Data Loot.
The problem is high supply for Data Loot.
Remove Datacores from Loyalty Stores, problem solved.
Caldari State
#42 - 2017-04-21 17:14:06 UTC
Exploration throughout the EvE universe was my main activity for a long while. I still do it but to a much lesser degree. Would run every data or relic site that I came across and took everything that dropped (even carbon). I'm still sitting on quite a bit that I have collected. Relic sites on average do pay better than data, but the single biggest payout I've ever encountered was from a data site worth billions of ISK. Other sites I've run were not worth much so I just stockpile the stuff until for some reason the market explodes on an item or 2 and I'm sitting on a fortune of crap that I've never even considered selling because it wasn't worth my time to haul it around.
The point is if you are looking solely to make ISK, exploration isn't really worth it. If you are out poking around, looking for wormholes or even looking for relic sites why wouldn't you run the data sites as well? You are there anyway. If you are looking to maximize your ISK/Hour, you can do almost anything other than exploration and make more.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose. Unless you podded them...and collected their corpse.

Brothers of Tangra
#43 - 2017-04-21 18:02:17 UTC
Krysalys Terminus wrote:
Ugh

I am thinking that I am not the first to say this, but regarding Known Space Data Sites.... and excluding the Sleeper Sites.... Data sites are trash.

In a relic site, if you make X isk in 5 cans, on average, it will take you 5 data sites with 5 cans in each site, to make that same X isk....

I am fairly sure that it is NOT an exaggeration to say that 90% of all players who run Cosmic Signatures skip over every Data site that they see, simply because the massive likelihood that it will be a utter waste of time is so high...

What is being done to rectify this?

THIS SHALL BE DEALT WITH!!!!!!!
Solitaire.
#44 - 2017-04-22 01:27:55 UTC
Data sites are trash everywhere except ghost sites and sleeper caches
If there's no bpc don't bother and just move on, and by bpc I mean a good bpc.
Solitaire.
#45 - 2017-04-22 01:29:09 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:
Exploration throughout the EvE universe was my main activity for a long while. I still do it but to a much lesser degree. Would run every data or relic site that I came across and took everything that dropped (even carbon). I'm still sitting on quite a bit that I have collected. Relic sites on average do pay better than data, but the single biggest payout I've ever encountered was from a data site worth billions of ISK. Other sites I've run were not worth much so I just stockpile the stuff until for some reason the market explodes on an item or 2 and I'm sitting on a fortune of crap that I've never even considered selling because it wasn't worth my time to haul it around.
The point is if you are looking solely to make ISK, exploration isn't really worth it. If you are out poking around, looking for wormholes or even looking for relic sites why wouldn't you run the data sites as well? You are there anyway. If you are looking to maximize your ISK/Hour, you can do almost anything other than exploration and make more.

What was the drop?
Pandemic Horde
#46 - 2017-04-22 22:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Hello Meow Kitty
So what you are asking is the current prerequisite amount of data cores for invention be increased?
#47 - 2017-04-23 01:46:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Vokan Narkar
why not add blue loot into data sites?

or just create a new item that will drop in data sites and will work the same as blue loot - certain stations (different stations than those buying blue loot obviously) will buy it for set ammount of isk
Caldari State
#48 - 2017-04-23 02:30:25 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Joey Bags wrote:

What was the drop?

I will only say it was multiple large run, expensive (at the time) BPC's. I almost lost it to a gate camp too! I was going to try to make more by building the stuff myself, but after a week I realized it was going to take too much time for me to gather the stuff to build myself. So I let the industrialists do it.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose. Unless you podded them...and collected their corpse.

3 PagesPrevious page123