Intergalactic Summit

 
 

The Federal Frontier: A new Federation-focused Capsuleer news site

Author
Villore Accords
#241 - 2017-05-07 19:17:58 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Hmm. Good battlereport. Can't exactly blame the author for assuming they were 800mm ACs. I don't think I've ever seen Dual 425s on a Machariel before. Disgustingly expensive for its purpose, but I suppose when you're bankrolled by 'fans' like that, such things don't matter as much.

Honestly a bit surprised it didn't fare better against your patrol with that armament.

Looking forwards to future battlereports. A request, if you don't mind, would be analyses of lost fights. They can be far more interesting both as educational tools and narratives, as inherent biases sneak in even with the best of intentions.


Noted, will include reports of less successful engagements. I was away planetside this past day, but another engagement might be forthcoming this evening. Stay tuned.

The gun loadout was a surprise, to be sure. The tracking speed of the dual 425mm's is so much higher, that it does have certain advantages against smaller craft. At the end of the day, it was mostly the ability of the Hecate's thermal overload circuitry that allowed us to minimize casualties as much as we did. Tech-three is certainly useful because of that.

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

#242 - 2017-05-08 13:00:18 UTC
Mr Soter, if your writer wants to move further from the philosophy of the soul and do some practical work to test it, i think he´ll like to know about Project Transcendence. All factions welcome.

Join Project Transcendence.

Applied technology for the enhancement of human experience.

Villore Accords
#243 - 2017-05-09 17:48:38 UTC
Villore Accords disavowed by the FDU! Is there a political agenda? The authorities deny it.
Arataka Research Consortium
#244 - 2017-05-09 18:19:36 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
Villore Accords disavowed by the FDU! Is there a political agenda? The authorities deny it.


I mean... Generally... The only thing the authorities care about is how many of their people you've shot at. That suggests that your overarching Alliance has signed some corp or corps who have people enrolled who are, how you say, "a little naughty in their sight."

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Villore Accords
#245 - 2017-05-09 19:27:33 UTC
Funny how they have a blind eye for some, but find a minor technicality to hit some others with.
HYDRA RELOADED
#246 - 2017-05-09 19:30:12 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
Funny how they have a blind eye for some, but find a minor technicality to hit some others with.

That is bureaucracy my friend.

Death rides a fast C4mel

Villore Accords
#247 - 2017-05-10 08:44:54 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
Villore Accords disavowed by the FDU! Is there a political agenda? The authorities deny it.


I believe that the Federation have heard we're providing a stage for the Intaki Liberation Front to put out a pro-freedom article in the next few days and they were trying to shorten our leash. We're in talks with them at the moment and still intend to publish the piece.
Villore Accords
#248 - 2017-05-10 22:39:14 UTC
I am sure the guardians of acceptable thought will appreciate our latest contribution more.
#249 - 2017-05-10 22:42:09 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
I am sure the guardians of acceptable thought will appreciate our latest contribution more.


... Right.

Citations needed.

Lots of them.
Mercenary Coalition
#250 - 2017-05-10 23:29:25 UTC
... spirits below, I just got irrationally furious on the behalf of Caldari. I didn't think I was that invested in that side of their history, but apparently I am. That has to be a troll piece intended to ruffle feathers, if it managed to ruffle mine like that. I mean, I'm technically an enemy of theirs and there's still got to be some limits to the crap one throws out there.

Urgh, disregard me. That article made me not word good much more because reasons or something.
Arataka Research Consortium
#251 - 2017-05-11 00:24:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
You know, I've often wondered about that Gallente organization that made landfall on Caldari Prime, the Cultural Deliverance Society. The implications are fascinating. Could it be that the Gallente have been, for over seven centuries, attempting to deliver the Caldari from the darkness of being Caldari?

Edit; on hindsight, please don't respond to this. My suspicion is this hilarious farce of a piece is just trying to get peoples' hackles raised.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Villore Accords
#252 - 2017-05-11 00:48:45 UTC
There is something to be said for thinking beyond the historical narratives we have been brought up with.

For example it is still a widely held conviction among historians all over the cluster, that the Nouvelle Rouvenor attack may have been an inside job. Historical records exist which support either view, but in the Federal Standard Curriculum for history the whole thing is conveniently declared as an act of a racist Caldari splinter group.

Maybe a piece like this demonstrates how deep the divide between subjective realities can be?
Arataka Research Consortium
#253 - 2017-05-11 02:14:04 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
I am sure the guardians of acceptable thought will appreciate our latest contribution more.


Trust the Gallente to complain because a man spat on their boot when it slipped off his throat.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

#254 - 2017-05-11 03:42:00 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
I am sure the guardians of acceptable thought will appreciate our latest contribution more.
You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you… mad.

I usually portion the success of your exertions by those whom its disappoints. A brilliant article as always.
Arataka Research Consortium
#255 - 2017-05-11 03:49:51 UTC
I wonder, Syagrius. Does this also make the U-Nats terrorists for their orbital bombardment of a civilian population?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

#256 - 2017-05-11 03:57:01 UTC
Saint Michaels Soul wrote:
I believe that the Federation have heard we're providing a stage for the Intaki Liberation Front to put out a pro-freedom article in the next few days and they were trying to shorten our leash. We're in talks with them at the moment and still intend to publish the piece.
Now that should be rather an interesting read.

I can’t wait to see how they explain opposing the demonstrated will of the Intaki people to remain within our Federal Union as pro… freedom.

But I suppose I should reserve my judgments until I read the article.
#257 - 2017-05-11 04:03:26 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
I wonder, Syagrius. Does this also make the U-Nats terrorists for their orbital bombardment of a civilian population?
Why yes, Ms. Priano it does if indeed they did.

But forgive me. Given your kin’s loose association with the truth I think it as likely that said ‘orbital bombardment’ was, wherever possible limited to valid military targets.

The rest, being myth, propaganda, and lies.
Arataka Research Consortium
#258 - 2017-05-11 04:40:47 UTC
James Syagrius wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
I wonder, Syagrius. Does this also make the U-Nats terrorists for their orbital bombardment of a civilian population?
Why yes, Ms. Priano it does if indeed they did.

But forgive me. Given your kin’s loose association with the truth I think it as likely that said ‘orbital bombardment’ was, wherever possible limited to valid military targets.

The rest, being myth, propaganda, and lies.


I remember when you were a silver-tongued rogue who danced the razor's edge between lies and misinformation, a flashing rapier of wit and an ironic grin.

I don't know what that was supposed to be...

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

#259 - 2017-05-11 05:31:43 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
I remember when you were a silver-tongued rogue who danced the razor's edge between lies and misinformation, a flashing rapier of wit and an ironic grin.

I don't know what that was supposed to be...
Oh, dear. I have disappointed you.

Knowing me as you once did, I think you understand exactly what 'that' was supposed to be.

Some, not meaning you specifically my once and would be friend, seem to be coming late to the understand that I no longer care if I am liked or respected by those who mean me or mine terminal intent.

Just as the State and its minions use peace as a weapon, so do they use 'our' expected impulse to be considered fair, just and well respected. No more.

Now, just to put a nail in it, by making the dumbest of blunders, an open boast from dear old James.

I have found the weak link, granted it took me long enough but in the end, it was laughably obvious. Yes, I have nibbled true, but now something different.

Wait and watch act and do, it won’t matter. The scales will be balanced. But from now until then, perhaps silence will serve...
#260 - 2017-05-11 08:33:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
James Syagrius wrote:
Oh, dear. I have disappointed you.

Me, too. And others, probably.

Quote:
Now, just to put a nail in it, by making the dumbest of blunders, an open boast from dear old James.

I have found the weak link, granted it took me long enough but in the end, it was laughably obvious. Yes, I have nibbled true, but now something different.

Wait and watch act and do, it won’t matter. The scales will be balanced. But from now until then, perhaps silence will serve...

The idle threats thread is over there. Seriously. There is one, now.
Forum Jump