EVE General Discussion

 
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
 

"PLEX can no longer be used for Character transfer fee payments"

First post
Author
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2017-05-11 15:11:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
*snip* Discussing Forum Moderation is prohibited. *Snip* ISD Max Trix

As said it's unacceptable that you can no longer use plex to character transfer. If it's a "technical" issue, then why not work around it by letting us convert 1000 nuPlex into 2 "old" Plex and have them only be usable to transfer characters?
#22 - 2017-05-11 15:30:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tetsuya Wang
Lothros Andastar wrote:
why not work around it by letting us convert 1000 nuPlex into 2 "old" Plex and have them only be usable to transfer characters?

Yes this is a point, if CCP is fighting with the issue, why not start an emergency compensation like this?
The hostilely action have been done recently by them makes me feel less and less it is a technical issue.
Although I don't want to say that but I do have to say if u are a potential investors u might need to be alert about messages released from this corp since they can not even be sincere for this small thing.
We need information, even CCP claims that they changed their minds and now want to "encourge" skill extraction is better than current status-at least there is a reason and CCP is being honest.
The-Culture
#23 - 2017-05-11 16:07:55 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Christina Carter wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Christina Carter wrote:
I posted this in another thread but is relevant here.

It's not about the price going up on plex or the fact that plex can no longer be used to do character transfers. For me it is simply that CCP implemented these changes without notifying the Eve community. It was done in a disgustingly sneaky way which has broken the trust I had in CCP.

I'm a person that believes in being forthcoming and letting the chips fall where they may. Had CCP been as forthcoming and just gave us notice that these are the new changes to pricing and use of PLEX, I would be ok with it but now I have to act on principle. I have already unsubbed all 6 of my accts and I feel that our relationship has come to an end.

I remember that summer of rage. I was part of the protest. I remember how CCP admitted to making mistakes and going forward CCP was going to have more open communication with the player base. However, it seems that CCP has fallen back into it's old ways of not caring about how we are affected or treating us with the respect the we, the players, deserve. Simply put, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I have seen the changes that have been implemented over the years concerning CCP's business model for Eve and I can no longer support the actions of CCP. When a company takes actions that even look sneaky or dishonest towards it's player base, then I have reevaluate my continued participation in that business as a customer.

I have chosen to vote with my wallet and place my support elsewhere. I have to follow my principles and quite frankly, I no longer trust CCP.


the plex changes where announced well in advance, as was the plex vault.
Removing plex for character transfers was really short notice, but that actually tracks with it being an unintended and unexpected side effect of the change that they didn't manage to get fixed on time... ccp aint perfect, this should be a shock to no one.


I can appreciate your point of view but I'm not discussing the actual changes but more about the way CCP went about said changes. And the pricing to PLEX was not known until the actual patch hit. For me it is about principal and not the changes themselves. It's about the way that CCP treated the player base.

CCP slipped into the patch notes, 4 days prior to patch implementation, that PLEX can no longer be applied as payment for character transfers and made no announcement about it until someone called CCP out on this matter. The excuse that CCP gave was pathetic at best.

I personally feel that CCP has broken their word and I no longer trust them. I have principles and I'm not the kind of person that says, "thank you sir may I please have another." Maybe you are, but I am not!


No it wasn't handled properly, but if it was something that only came up at the last minute, the lack of warning makes sense.

"last minute"? Well....

In my company we won't release new version of software if it affects our customers in a bad way. And usually ALL the features we offer and sell are being tested and verified weeks before release. And no critical bugs (critical for us means that more than 1-2 customers complained) live in production for more than couple days. Because this is priority. As software developer i know it well because i'm one of those who solves customer reports.

Compare it to CCP.... Yeah, definitely "they are not perfect"... Lol
I would say it's just how they treat their customer base. Golden goose. That's speaks it well.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

#24 - 2017-05-11 17:09:45 UTC
#25 - 2017-05-11 17:52:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Pahrdi
Matsu Fumiko wrote:
...since the old one was closed.

That was just ISD Max Trix trying to fetch beer for CCP Falcon.

No beer for CCP Falcon until this is fixed!

Remove standings and insurance.

#26 - 2017-05-11 18:38:09 UTC
It's definitely caused me some issues. I sold my main to fund separate characters to have a bit more focus. Ended up getting half of what I paid for. Now my isk is in someone elses hands as well as the characters said isk purchased because they can't transfer with plex so just opened a ticket (supposedly) and MIA.

-ISD converstations, no help, open a ticket they say
-Multiple tickets created
-Over a week without response
-One response from GM which wasn't all that helpful

I don't think I would be as upset if it weren't for the horrible support offering.

Their game, their rules, but I do have a suggestion for CCP
-Maybe up your response times on support tickets. I mean, in general, people aren't happy unless they are @#$@# (complaining) about something, but satisfied and happy customers fill those pockets. At least try to establish better SLA on your support and provide additional options for submission. (like it would be nice to be notified when a response was done by a GM 10 days later and you've lost all hope on the support ticket so you can get back a response right away). I feel like I may be waiting another 10 days for a second response. How long will it be for corrective action? I would think modifying the quantity from 2 to 1000 for plex character transfers would be pretty easy. How is that a technical issue? Or is It a problem with a website vendor and things like that. Specific details in problems for your customer base is always a good thing. Customers love transparency.

I'm getting to the point I want to cancel all my accounts and just move on because I've had such little response and luck in getting assistance.
#27 - 2017-05-11 19:31:25 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
This is something that wasn't included in the release with the PLEX changes, as it's caused by a technical limitation with the way the new PLEX system works.
Let me reiterate what I said previously.

CCP had no problem getting over the "technical limitation" when it came to filling their wallets with PLEX for Alliance Tournament registrations. But for some reason doing the same thing for the Character Bazaar is an insurmountable hurdle?

I can't wait for the song and dance to explain that one.

Mr Epeen Cool
#28 - 2017-05-11 19:51:58 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
This is something that wasn't included in the release with the PLEX changes, as it's caused by a technical limitation with the way the new PLEX system works.
Let me reiterate what I said previously.

CCP had no problem getting over the "technical limitation" when it came to filling their wallets with PLEX for Alliance Tournament registrations. But for some reason doing the same thing for the Character Bazaar is an insurmountable hurdle?

I can't wait for the song and dance to explain that one.

Mr Epeen Cool

That was most likely his weakest post I've ever read on these forums.

Remove standings and insurance.

#29 - 2017-05-11 20:00:42 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Christina Carter wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Christina Carter wrote:
I posted this in another thread but is relevant here.

It's not about the price going up on plex or the fact that plex can no longer be used to do character transfers. For me it is simply that CCP implemented these changes without notifying the Eve community. It was done in a disgustingly sneaky way which has broken the trust I had in CCP.

I'm a person that believes in being forthcoming and letting the chips fall where they may. Had CCP been as forthcoming and just gave us notice that these are the new changes to pricing and use of PLEX, I would be ok with it but now I have to act on principle. I have already unsubbed all 6 of my accts and I feel that our relationship has come to an end.

I remember that summer of rage. I was part of the protest. I remember how CCP admitted to making mistakes and going forward CCP was going to have more open communication with the player base. However, it seems that CCP has fallen back into it's old ways of not caring about how we are affected or treating us with the respect the we, the players, deserve. Simply put, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I have seen the changes that have been implemented over the years concerning CCP's business model for Eve and I can no longer support the actions of CCP. When a company takes actions that even look sneaky or dishonest towards it's player base, then I have reevaluate my continued participation in that business as a customer.

I have chosen to vote with my wallet and place my support elsewhere. I have to follow my principles and quite frankly, I no longer trust CCP.


the plex changes where announced well in advance, as was the plex vault.
Removing plex for character transfers was really short notice, but that actually tracks with it being an unintended and unexpected side effect of the change that they didn't manage to get fixed on time... ccp aint perfect, this should be a shock to no one.


I can appreciate your point of view but I'm not discussing the actual changes but more about the way CCP went about said changes. And the pricing to PLEX was not known until the actual patch hit. For me it is about principal and not the changes themselves. It's about the way that CCP treated the player base.

CCP slipped into the patch notes, 4 days prior to patch implementation, that PLEX can no longer be applied as payment for character transfers and made no announcement about it until someone called CCP out on this matter. The excuse that CCP gave was pathetic at best.

I personally feel that CCP has broken their word and I no longer trust them. I have principles and I'm not the kind of person that says, "thank you sir may I please have another." Maybe you are, but I am not!


No it wasn't handled properly, but if it was something that only came up at the last minute, the lack of warning makes sense.

"last minute"? Well....

In my company we won't release new version of software if it affects our customers in a bad way. And usually ALL the features we offer and sell are being tested and verified weeks before release. And no critical bugs (critical for us means that more than 1-2 customers complained) live in production for more than couple days. Because this is priority. As software developer i know it well because i'm one of those who solves customer reports.

Compare it to CCP.... Yeah, definitely "they are not perfect"... Lol
I would say it's just how they treat their customer base. Golden goose. That's speaks it well.


I've worked for several companies as a programmer... and I've always experienced places more like CCP and less like your experience. Deadlines are deadlines. If you need to ship with defects and fix afterwards... that's what you do in order to meet the deadline.

I'd love to work for a company that works the way you describe yours... but I haven't found one yet. I've given up in fact.
#30 - 2017-05-11 20:36:56 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

I would say it's just how they treat their customer base. Golden goose. That's speaks it well.


As this.


They need to sell the company while VR still is hot, because other than VR (which was a happy accident), their only asset is EVE Online, and EO is not very appealing to potential investors.
Caldari State
#31 - 2017-05-11 23:01:23 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
You directly pay CCP money and you receive isk = Breach of the EULA


Breach of the EULA would be one player paying another player for ISK (or any other ingame item or service) in real currency.

The character bazaar is the only trade 'out of game' between players authorized and monitored by CCP. You trade an ingame item (player character) with another player's ingame item (ISK), then pay a fee to CCP for the transfer. Nothing wrong with that unless you can show me bank statements where you paid or were paid in real currency for anything ingame.

I await patiently for your proof.








Gallente Federation
#32 - 2017-05-12 01:18:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jahweh
At least our CSM (who were not informed propperly) is going to CCP with this issue and supports our statement that transfer of a character per plex should be restored.
I wish them all the luck they can get.
End of Life
#33 - 2017-05-12 02:36:43 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
This is something that wasn't included in the release with the PLEX changes, as it's caused by a technical limitation with the way the new PLEX system works.
Let me reiterate what I said previously.

CCP had no problem getting over the "technical limitation" when it came to filling their wallets with PLEX for Alliance Tournament registrations. But for some reason doing the same thing for the Character Bazaar is an insurmountable hurdle?

I can't wait for the song and dance to explain that one.

Mr Epeen Cool

Actually, at this point there has been no payment of any PLEX to enter the AT.

We don't have any confirmation yet that this is resolved for the AT.

CCP might very well still be working on a solution, or might end up with a way that can't apply to character transfer (eg. Requires manual transfer from CCP's side and not an automated process...we just don't know yet).
#34 - 2017-05-12 03:31:02 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
This is something that wasn't included in the release with the PLEX changes, as it's caused by a technical limitation with the way the new PLEX system works.
Let me reiterate what I said previously.

CCP had no problem getting over the "technical limitation" when it came to filling their wallets with PLEX for Alliance Tournament registrations. But for some reason doing the same thing for the Character Bazaar is an insurmountable hurdle?

I can't wait for the song and dance to explain that one.

Mr Epeen Cool

Actually, at this point there has been no payment of any PLEX to enter the AT.

We don't have any confirmation yet that this is resolved for the AT.

CCP might very well still be working on a solution, or might end up with a way that can't apply to character transfer (eg. Requires manual transfer from CCP's side and not an automated process...we just don't know yet).
Interpret the following however you want, but what it says is what it says.

CCP wrote:

Signups for teams are open as of this news item, and prospective teams can have their alliance executor fill out this form. Signups are open until 2017-05-23 23:59UTC. We will be offering places similar to last year, with the top 16 teams returning from AT XIV having the option to directly enter the tournament at a cost of 2500 PLEX. Any slots unused by returning teams will be distributed in the secret auction.

16 additional spots in the tournament will be available in a secret auction that opens as of this news item and closes on 2017-05-23 23:59 with the team signups. Minimum bid for the secret auction is 2500 PLEX, and bids are only accepted in increments of 250 PLEX. Initial bids are made via the signup form. In the event of tied bids, the bid submitted first will be accepted. Auction results will be announced on 2017-05-24.

The final 32 positions in the tournament will be awarded based on feeder rounds using the AT XV rules (including a maximum team size of 10 pilots) but with minor differences. The format of the feeder rounds will depend on the number of teams entering. These rounds will be played on 2017-06-10 and 2017-06-11 on Thunderdome. Entry to the tournament through the feeder round costs a 2500 PLEX deposit, which will be refunded if the team competes and does not win their matches in the feeder round.

#35 - 2017-05-12 04:38:12 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Interpret the following however you want, but what it says is what it says.

Sure..... but that doesn't mean it's not true what Scipio said.
Right now those Plex are still in players hands, and if it's a manual contract to a CCP character or a manual DB edit, those probably are not viable for character transfers, given the difference between 16 manual edits in a year & how many character transfers?
Or CCP may be anticipating solving the technical issue in the near future.

It's certainly not an ideal situation having them drop this with such short notice, but *shrug*. If you relied on selling a character 'this week' in order to keep playing EVE, that's a good indication that there are problems with the nature of the character Bazaar and that it should be shut down frankly.
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2017-05-12 07:02:19 UTC
i had 4 toons i wanted to sell then this change hits and im like **** i aint wastin 80.00 on transfer fee's Shocked ill just wait till ccp fixes the issue
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2017-05-13 00:12:42 UTC
Harute Zateki wrote:
i had 4 toons i wanted to sell then this change hits and im like **** i aint wastin 80.00 on transfer fee's Shocked ill just wait till ccp fixes the issue


Did you file a ticket?

I did and no response yet!?!

It bothers me to the max that CCP has total radiosilence over this issue.

What do you think?
Nuclear Confusion
#38 - 2017-05-14 02:06:24 UTC
Is CCP giving any timeline on corresting the problem with the new plex?
#39 - 2017-05-15 09:02:04 UTC
Samurai Minamoto-no Yoshitsune wrote:
Is CCP giving any timeline on corresting the problem with the new plex?

No, and it will be much better for me if they give one. Even a brief one like late July or something would be acceptable.
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2017-05-15 11:34:14 UTC
I wanted to sell this toon but realized that I can't due to this feature removed. Anything I can do besides paying real money?
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
Forum Jump