EVE General Discussion

 
 

Keep Pod Skins on Permanent - Am I missing something?

Author
#1 - 2017-05-11 22:19:30 UTC
Hey all,

Is it me or CCP who is missing something?

Everytime I change ships, my pod loses its name and its skin.

Is there no way to apply the YC119 skin permanently to my pod? Do I really have to manually apply it and change my pod name EACH time I switch ships?Shocked
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2017-05-11 22:42:31 UTC
Wild guess: everytime you change ships, your pod is created and destroyed.

i.e. it isn't the same pod, so the name and skin setting is lost.
#3 - 2017-05-11 22:45:07 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Wild guess: everytime you change ships, your pod is created and destroyed.

i.e. it isn't the same pod, so the name and skin setting is lost.


My pod is destroyed even when changing ships in the same station from a confessor to a shuttle?

Odd game mechanics.
#4 - 2017-05-11 22:51:28 UTC
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Wild guess: everytime you change ships, your pod is created and destroyed.

i.e. it isn't the same pod, so the name and skin setting is lost.


My pod is destroyed even when changing ships in the same station from a confessor to a shuttle?

Odd game mechanics.

you can only fly one ship at a time so you are either in your pod or in a ship, so the server really has no reason to remember your pod while you are in a ship. Historically the pod is a generic thing so it doesn't really matter. Pod skins are silly.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2017-05-11 22:56:18 UTC
CCP Know. CCP don't care.
The Volition Cult
#6 - 2017-05-11 23:03:51 UTC
This always has bummed me out. Why have skins if they don't stay.
Caldari State
#7 - 2017-05-11 23:23:31 UTC
This is a good point. It would be nice if we could set a default skin for various hulls. Hell, I'd settle for including the skin when you save a fit. Maybe post to F&I? I think most pods would appreciate that feature.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

#8 - 2017-05-11 23:25:01 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Wild guess: everytime you change ships, your pod is created and destroyed.

i.e. it isn't the same pod, so the name and skin setting is lost.


My pod is destroyed even when changing ships in the same station from a confessor to a shuttle?

Odd game mechanics.

you can only fly one ship at a time so you are either in your pod or in a ship, so the server really has no reason to remember your pod while you are in a ship. Historically the pod is a generic thing so it doesn't really matter. Pod skins are silly.


I spend a good amount of time in a pod, so to me pod skins are not silly :(

This seems like a simple fix
#9 - 2017-05-11 23:29:12 UTC
There is always a fun way to show off your nifty new pod skin. Pirate

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-05-12 00:06:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tuttomenui II
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Wild guess: everytime you change ships, your pod is created and destroyed.

i.e. it isn't the same pod, so the name and skin setting is lost.


This, but the coding is really messed up because it destroys all capsules in the ships hanger when you board a ship. So if you say have some empty capsules (which is possible google it Cool ) then those will be destroyed as well as the active capsule.
#11 - 2017-05-12 00:13:08 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Pod skins are silly.


I don't do this often but...fixed.

Mr Epeen Cool
#12 - 2017-05-12 06:16:11 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
So if you say have some empty capsules (which is possible google it Cool ) then those will be destroyed as well as the active capsule.


I have quite a few pods in assets, if you repackage them they persist as assets but can't be contracted or loaded into cargo.



Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Gallente Federation
#13 - 2017-05-12 06:43:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tuttomenui II
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Tuttomenui II wrote:
So if you say have some empty capsules (which is possible google it Cool ) then those will be destroyed as well as the active capsule.


I have quite a few pods in assets, if you repackage them they persist as assets but can't be contracted or loaded into cargo.





It is known.
Caldari State
#14 - 2017-05-12 13:35:22 UTC
Sir,

I implore that you regularly change pod due to hygienic regulations. Maybe you don't have trouble soaking in a yellowish goo or enjoy being in a snow globe that has brown flakes, but I want to keep myself clean. And regulations should force you to minimize creating and distributing strange diseases.

#DoYouEvenPod
#15 - 2017-05-12 15:01:21 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Wild guess: everytime you change ships, your pod is created and destroyed.

i.e. it isn't the same pod, so the name and skin setting is lost.


If you warp away you can avoid the pod destruction :)
#16 - 2017-05-12 17:25:56 UTC
What makes pod skins odd is that when you exit a ship and go back into it... the skin remains... because the object never disappears. The pod however is new each time you exit a ship.

Which does make skins for pods kind of odd since pods don't persist like ships do.

But... hey... it was free.
Apocalypse Now.
#17 - 2017-05-13 02:56:11 UTC
This pisses me off too. Evil
Why have the damn skins if you have to reset them every damn time.
#18 - 2017-05-13 04:00:57 UTC
There's a lot of easy fixes i think CCP could make and I am not sure why they are not.
Dot Dot Dot
#19 - 2017-05-13 15:27:08 UTC
Back with the release of skins this was an issue. Now with pod skins its even worse.

I could see server load from accessing skins every time someone switches a ship if 'default skin settings' were introduced, but its still a feature I wish we had.
Forum Jump