Intergalactic Summit

 
 

Announcement: Achuran Missionary Citadel Operational

Author
Atlas. Alliance
#181 - 2017-05-18 00:30:13 UTC
As part of the leadership at the time in Pyre Falcon Defence and Secuity, the diplomatic fallout from the fleet in question still gives me headaches just thinking about it. Tensions were high, and people took things in the worst possible connotations, so while what has been said here has largely been true, it also represents the bias of perspective.

Ultimately things turned out fine, and while I wouldn't trust a blood traitor like Samira, I personally don't feel she did anything specifically wrong that day, and for what it is worth, I am just as much as a traitor as she is, I merely acknowledge this and try to atone the best I can for it in the eyes of my people.
Arataka Research Consortium
#182 - 2017-05-18 01:00:07 UTC
Ya ever known Sid to refuse an opportunity to take a nibble when it offers itself?

No. Samira did no wrong that day.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#183 - 2017-05-18 01:08:05 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
The FC was Sid Afraldir. I had informed him that a Goon fleet was coming to attack Nauplius's tower. He asked me who had told me. I refused to name my source. This was apparently cause for anger among some pilots.

The hunt for the machs, and the eventual fight with the Goon fleet (a fight that took place on a gate where, I believe, we waited for them to jump in on us), were decisions made entirely by Sid as the FC.



Oh... that old thing is the event being babbled about?

The PIE Admiralty knew of PY-RE's hissy fit within a day of the events. Our only conclusion, in retrospect, is that the internal security granted by Sansha chips had caused them as a group to forget the meaning of the phrase "operational security."

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Arataka Research Consortium
#184 - 2017-05-18 01:10:48 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
The FC was Sid Afraldir. I had informed him that a Goon fleet was coming to attack Nauplius's tower. He asked me who had told me. I refused to name my source. This was apparently cause for anger among some pilots.

The hunt for the machs, and the eventual fight with the Goon fleet (a fight that took place on a gate where, I believe, we waited for them to jump in on us), were decisions made entirely by Sid as the FC.



Oh... that old thing is the event being babbled about?

The PIE Admiralty knew of PY-RE's hissy fit within a day of the events. Our only conclusion, in retrospect, is that the internal security granted by Sansha chips had caused them as a group to forget the meaning of the phrase "operational security."


Ha! I promise the feelings that caused the tantrum were eminently human. The pilots who might have been compromised by Sansha tech were pretty much the calmer heads in our organisation, normally.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#185 - 2017-05-18 01:20:24 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
The FC was Sid Afraldir. I had informed him that a Goon fleet was coming to attack Nauplius's tower. He asked me who had told me. I refused to name my source. This was apparently cause for anger among some pilots.

The hunt for the machs, and the eventual fight with the Goon fleet (a fight that took place on a gate where, I believe, we waited for them to jump in on us), were decisions made entirely by Sid as the FC.



Oh... that old thing is the event being babbled about?

The PIE Admiralty knew of PY-RE's hissy fit within a day of the events. Our only conclusion, in retrospect, is that the internal security granted by Sansha chips had caused them as a group to forget the meaning of the phrase "operational security."


Ha! I promise the feelings that caused the tantrum were eminently human. The pilots who might have been compromised by Sansha tech were pretty much the calmer heads in our organisation, normally.


I'm not sure I have ever read a more worrying sentence.

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#186 - 2017-05-18 01:23:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Respectfully, Lord Lok'ri, operational security was not blown by any member of PYRE either. Nauplius himself advertised the vulnerability time. This was witnessed by Goon members on the Intergalactic Summit, who assembled a fleet to attack it. A member of them warned me the night before that such a fleet might be coming, and I informed the FC of our fleet of that information so that we would not run into them. The only information I did not divulge was the name of the person who warned me... though by now I imagine it's pretty obvious.

A completely unexpected Dead Terrorist mach fleet also showed up to engage the tower, and both the Goons and the PIE/Pyre/CVA/DNG/etc fleet attempted to chase them. They escaped, and our FC chose to engage the Goon fleet instead in order that we would actually have a fight that evening.

The Ezzara infrastructure hub was then bashed by our remaining fleet members after that battle.
Arataka Research Consortium
#187 - 2017-05-18 01:23:34 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
The FC was Sid Afraldir. I had informed him that a Goon fleet was coming to attack Nauplius's tower. He asked me who had told me. I refused to name my source. This was apparently cause for anger among some pilots.

The hunt for the machs, and the eventual fight with the Goon fleet (a fight that took place on a gate where, I believe, we waited for them to jump in on us), were decisions made entirely by Sid as the FC.



Oh... that old thing is the event being babbled about?

The PIE Admiralty knew of PY-RE's hissy fit within a day of the events. Our only conclusion, in retrospect, is that the internal security granted by Sansha chips had caused them as a group to forget the meaning of the phrase "operational security."


Ha! I promise the feelings that caused the tantrum were eminently human. The pilots who might have been compromised by Sansha tech were pretty much the calmer heads in our organisation, normally.


I'm not sure I have ever read a more worrying sentence.


It is what it is, Admiral. Missiles are dangerous too, but if you take precautions they make great weapons. And so it goes...

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#188 - 2017-05-18 01:39:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Gaven Lok'ri
Samira Kernher wrote:
Respectfully, Lord Lok'ri, operational security was not blown by any member of PYRE either. Nauplius himself advertised the vulnerability time. This was witnessed by Goon members on the Intergalactic Summit, who assembled a fleet to attack it. A member of them warned me the night before that such a fleet might be coming, and I informed the FC of our fleet of that information so that we would not run into them. The only information I did not divulge was the name of the person who warned me... though by now I imagine it's pretty obvious.

A completely unexpected Dead Terrorist mach fleet also showed up to engage the tower, and both the Goons and the PIE/Pyre/CVA/DNG/etc fleet attempted to chase them. They escaped, and our FC chose to engage the Goon fleet instead in order that we would actually have a fight that evening.

The Ezzara infrastructure hub was then bashed by our remaining fleet members after that battle.


In this case the operation that needed security would be not the bash itself, but rather the source you had that gave you intel on Goon movements. Burning that source to make a touchy pseudo-ally happy would have been irresponsible in the extreme, and PY-RE should have understood that.

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Arataka Research Consortium
#189 - 2017-05-18 01:47:00 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
Respectfully, Lord Lok'ri, operational security was not blown by any member of PYRE either. Nauplius himself advertised the vulnerability time. This was witnessed by Goon members on the Intergalactic Summit, who assembled a fleet to attack it. A member of them warned me the night before that such a fleet might be coming, and I informed the FC of our fleet of that information so that we would not run into them. The only information I did not divulge was the name of the person who warned me... though by now I imagine it's pretty obvious.

A completely unexpected Dead Terrorist mach fleet also showed up to engage the tower, and both the Goons and the PIE/Pyre/CVA/DNG/etc fleet attempted to chase them. They escaped, and our FC chose to engage the Goon fleet instead in order that we would actually have a fight that evening.

The Ezzara infrastructure hub was then bashed by our remaining fleet members after that battle.


In this case the operation that needed security would be not the bash itself, but rather the source you had that gave you intel on Goon movements. Burning that source to make a touchy pseudo-ally happy would have been irresponsible in the extreme, and PY-RE should have understood that.


Some of us just said exactly that. Some people pride themselves on having sources and knowing everything that's going on - my guess would be wounded pride at not figuring it out themselves.

But not all of us felt that way.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#190 - 2017-05-18 01:48:28 UTC
I'd really rather not engage in a tit-for-tat between PIE and PYRE over this event. There was no wrongdoing on the part of any member of our fleet.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#191 - 2017-05-18 01:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Gaven Lok'ri
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
Respectfully, Lord Lok'ri, operational security was not blown by any member of PYRE either. Nauplius himself advertised the vulnerability time. This was witnessed by Goon members on the Intergalactic Summit, who assembled a fleet to attack it. A member of them warned me the night before that such a fleet might be coming, and I informed the FC of our fleet of that information so that we would not run into them. The only information I did not divulge was the name of the person who warned me... though by now I imagine it's pretty obvious.

A completely unexpected Dead Terrorist mach fleet also showed up to engage the tower, and both the Goons and the PIE/Pyre/CVA/DNG/etc fleet attempted to chase them. They escaped, and our FC chose to engage the Goon fleet instead in order that we would actually have a fight that evening.

The Ezzara infrastructure hub was then bashed by our remaining fleet members after that battle.


In this case the operation that needed security would be not the bash itself, but rather the source you had that gave you intel on Goon movements. Burning that source to make a touchy pseudo-ally happy would have been irresponsible in the extreme, and PY-RE should have understood that.


Some of us just said exactly that. Some people pride themselves on having sources and knowing everything that's going on - my guess would be wounded pride at not figuring it out themselves.

But not all of us felt that way.


I think this was understood at the time. I should say that I am glad to see you personally in a Caldari organization I can trust!

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Goonswarm Federation
#192 - 2017-05-18 02:13:50 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
The only information I did not divulge was the name of the person who warned me... though by now I imagine it's pretty obvious.


It was Boat, wasn't it?!?

Quote:

A completely unexpected Dead Terrorist mach fleet also showed up to engage the tower, and both the Goons and the PIE/Pyre/CVA/DNG/etc fleet attempted to chase them. They escaped, and our FC chose to engage the Goon fleet instead in order that we would actually have a fight that evening.

The Ezzara infrastructure hub was then bashed by our remaining fleet members after that battle.


Eh, hunting the machs before or after the fight, I never pay attention to order of events on a Boat fleet. I'm too busy waiting for him to bomb his own fleet or order the fleet to jump through a gate into a deathtrap by mistake.

He's kinda famous for that.
Goonswarm Federation
#193 - 2017-05-18 02:17:48 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Some of us just said exactly that. Some people pride themselves on having sources and knowing everything that's going on - my guess would be wounded pride at not figuring it out themselves.

But not all of us felt that way.


Well it's not like I didn't say more or less 'I'm gonna come and kill this thing, Napkins'.
Arataka Research Consortium
#194 - 2017-05-18 02:45:45 UTC
Sure, but this is the IGS, Arrendis.

Statements of intended action don't often materialise into fleets, here.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Goonswarm Federation
#195 - 2017-05-18 02:51:09 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Sure, but this is the IGS, Arrendis.

Statements of intended action don't often materialise into fleets, here.


Well, that sounds to me like a problem for the people who should keep their statements in the 'Idle Threats' thread. Blink

They should also note that when I say I'm gonna do a thing, I do it.
Caldari State
#196 - 2017-05-18 05:02:45 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Sure, but this is the IGS, Arrendis.

Statements of intended action don't often materialise into fleets, here.

For shame.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#197 - 2017-05-18 09:26:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jev North
Winds blow me, people are still talking about this.

Syenna Celeste wrote:
...

I worry about your boredom level. Let's have that Blue Pill session soon, hm?

Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
The PIE Admiralty knew of PY-RE's hissy fit within a day of the events. Our only conclusion, in retrospect, is that the internal security granted by Sansha chips had caused them as a group to forget the meaning of the phrase "operational security."

What mostly rankled on our side was the obstinate refusal to let said FC verify what was at that point a story about a hypothetical Goon fleet with one of your auxilary pilots, to "protect" a connection that turned out to be pretty obvious and pedestrian. Fair enough, but it's not a way to make uneasy allies less uneasy. If you wanted to have none at all, maybe you shouldn't have gotten in bed with all us chipped assholes to begin with.

Even though our love is cruel; even though our stars are crossed.

#198 - 2017-05-18 10:20:24 UTC
And now people join the fun changing the focus from Napkins and his Achura targets back to the bee lady that was craving for the lost attention.

How the weels turn!

Join Project Transcendence.

Applied technology for the enhancement of human experience.

#199 - 2017-05-18 14:07:17 UTC
Depends on the status of his Sheild Vulnerability.

Ships are operating in the area now monitoring the situation. I believe exact date and times are being monitored by the individual Force Commanders now in the area.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

#200 - 2017-05-18 14:52:40 UTC
The sheer amount of idiocy in this thread is amazing.
Also, I was the not the FC for the Goon fleet, but I did coordinate it. Sad that Py-re didn't show up.

Retainer of Lady Newelle and House Sarum.

"Those who step into the light shall be redeemed, the sins of their past cleansed, so that they may know salvation." -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

Forum Jump