Crime & Punishment

 
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

The Ultimate Guide to Defeating CODE

First post
Author
CODE.
#21 - 2017-05-19 16:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:
I have made it my mission, my raison d'etre, to giving industrialists a fighting chance to survive and prosper in this fractious universe.


I think in the end we have the same goal, however, I think we are a bit more effective. Countless hours of New Order scientific research have shown that the most effective way to educate the industrialist is to shoot them and provide a first hand example of the errors they made they can not ignore.

The people you are trying to reach with your post or chat in local will not respond as they are AFK doing something else. They will however respond if antimatter was applied directly to their face once they return to the computer.
Warped Intentions
#22 - 2017-05-19 16:48:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Shawn en Tilavine
I give the OP credit here. At least this isn't one of the all too common "I just got ganked by CODE, it's not fair, CCP should nerf all the rules that don't support my chosen play style" threads.

Wouldn't it be great if we could just get people to read and apply the information presented. Now that would be something special.

Respectfully Submitted.

"The world ain't fair, there is no Santa Claus, and not everyone gets a F'n trophy just for showing up. Welcome to the real world. Welcome to Eve."

#23 - 2017-05-19 16:59:10 UTC
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:
As CEO of one of the smallest but most dedicated Anti-Ganking corps in EVE

Sorry, but no one has seen your puny bosom in what? 6 months now?

lol

The Code Always Wins ;) ♥

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

#24 - 2017-05-19 19:05:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
lol

The way to beat CODE. is to educate people so that they actively play the game, and know how the game works. The tools are already there to almost completely negate the already minuscule risk of getting ganked, making yourself a harder target than the next guy by using them generally means they'll shoot the next guy instead.

For example encourage miners to mine in groups of Procurers if gankers are in town, only one thing deters would be gankers more than a Procurer ball of drone death waiting for them, and that's a Skiff ball of drone death waiting for them.

The people that die to CODE. generally weren't paying attention, or they made themselves an easy or desirable target.

People should be doing most of what they preach anyway. It's a PvP game after all.

In a PvP game, especially one like Eve with full loot mechanics, it should be obvious that flying eleventy billion isk in a cargo tanked ship across the universe in a game where other people can and will kill you in order to take it off of you is a bad idea, afk or not.

It should be common sense to set standings towards the "bad guys" of Eve so that they're bloody obvious in local, to use d-scan while mining or missioning when the aforementioned bad guys are in local, to not go afk, to not shoot at suspects while in your blingy mission ship, etc, etc.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Apocalypse Now.
#25 - 2017-05-19 20:11:00 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
lol

The way to beat CODE. is to educate people so that they actively play the game, and know how the game works. The tools are already there to almost completely negate the already minuscule risk of getting ganked, making yourself a harder target than the next guy by using them generally means they'll shoot the next guy instead.

For example encourage miners to mine in groups of Procurers if gankers are in town, only one thing deters would be gankers more than a Procurer ball of drone death waiting for them, and that's a Skiff ball of drone death waiting for them.

The people that die to CODE. generally weren't paying attention, or they made themselves an easy or desirable target.

People should be doing most of what they preach anyway. It's a PvP game after all.

In a PvP game, especially one like Eve with full loot mechanics, it should be obvious that flying eleventy billion isk in a cargo tanked ship across the universe in a game where other people can and will kill you in order to take it off of you is a bad idea, afk or not.

It should be common sense to set standings towards the "bad guys" of Eve so that they're bloody obvious in local, to use d-scan while mining or missioning when the aforementioned bad guys are in local, to not go afk, to not shoot at suspects in your blingy mission ship, etc, etc.


NO IT'S NOT ALL PVP. There are other elements to eve. And not everyone should be FORCED to pvp. unlike most of you penniless scrubs I pay to play this game and should therefore not be forced to pvp if I choose not to. How does the fact that YOU want to pvp make the fact that I DONT want to pvp any less relevant? You get to force you play choices on me but the reverse is not allowed. How about I force you to mine, rat or build?
#26 - 2017-05-19 20:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Argyle Henderson wrote:
NO IT'S NOT ALL PVP. There are other elements to eve.
CCP would beg to differ, and so would I.

Official New Player FAQ wrote:
Furthermore, as we mentioned previously, once you
enter New Eden you must consider every action you take as a form
of PvP since this is the core game concept
. In the asteroid field you’re
competing with other pilots to obtain resources; you may also have to
defend against ore thieves. On the market you battle for control of the
economy
in certain areas; for the supply and demand of your products
versus other aspiring tycoons. On the battlefield you may fight for glory,
for money, or for the right to rule whole areas of space
. As always in EVE,
it’s your choice.
TL;DR Everything is PvP, the PvE is both there to enable PvP and in itself is a form of passive PvP.

Quote:
And not everyone should be FORCED to pvp. unlike most of you penniless scrubs I pay to play this game and should therefore not be forced to pvp if I choose not to.
My, you are salty aren't you, what did you lose due to your own carelessness?

If you can't accept that you consent to PvP everytime that you log in to a PvP game, maybe you should stop playing PvP games; maybe a nice farm or truck simulator is more your speed.

FYI I pay for this game too, I too abstain from violencing other people's spaceships. Instead my PvP is selling them new ones when someone else violences them.

Quote:
How does the fact that YOU want to pvp make the fact that I DONT want to pvp any less relevant? You get to force you play choices on me but the reverse is not allowed. How about I force you to mine, rat or build?
I do rat, mine and build, and I do it in the full knowledge that somebody might try and kill me whilst doing so, part of the "job" is making sure that doesn't happen.

Everything I get from doing so ends up on the market, which is most certainly PvP

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Amarr Empire
#27 - 2017-05-19 21:28:16 UTC
LOL the way to beat CODE is to follow The CODE
Yes, it's the only way :)
I hope the OP is trolling, if not they need help.
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2017-05-19 21:30:41 UTC  |  Edited by: virm pasuul
CODE exists for two reasons.
The first is to have fun.
The second is to educate.
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2017-05-19 22:25:44 UTC
Egads,

Please show us on the pod where J315 touched you.

So let me get this straight. You've played for years, have invested too much to leave, but haven't been able to understand or embrace any of the foundation elements that make Eve what it is. And when not just C&P quote you letter and verse, but a CCP rep points you to the "rule book" you throw a salt storm into the thread.

Might I suggest decaf.
#30 - 2017-05-19 22:36:51 UTC
I've played for years as well, Argyle.


And I'll be seeing you very soon.

Hello there.

Bear

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

#31 - 2017-05-19 23:09:25 UTC
Argyle Henderson wrote:

And not everyone should be FORCED to pvp. unlike most of you penniless scrubs I pay to play this game and should therefore not be forced to pvp if I choose not to....


Nobody is forced to pvp, but it's always a possibility once you undock.
Market competitors don't even need to undock.
I've paid for every month of EvE since 09, that has no bearing on the validity of my opinions and changes no facts.
The fact that i pay in no way modifies the game mechanics for me and would be a really weird assertion to make.
If you're trolling, well done i guess, if not, you're plain Wrong.



Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

#32 - 2017-05-19 23:27:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Arkoth 24 wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Moved to Crime and Punishment.

...and that's where the thread is goin' to die.



... under pile of "[MERC]" threads because they don't get their own forum.


But it's a trolling thread probably by a CODE. alt anyway so they can stay relevant. I give it a Like for the attempt either way.

(I'll even like posts I don't agree with just for the effort that goes into it)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

#33 - 2017-05-19 23:32:08 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Moved to Crime and Punishment.

...and that's where the thread is goin' to die.



... under pile of "[MERC]" threads because they don't get their own forum.


But it's a trolling thread probably by a CODE. alt anyway so they can stay relevant. I give it a Like for the attempt either way.

(I'll even like posts I don't agree with just for the effort that goes into it)

Lol no
Alessienne is a devout anti-ganker

She's terrible at it too

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

#34 - 2017-05-20 00:48:24 UTC
Quote:
8. Use of profanity is prohibited.

The use of profanity is prohibited on the EVE Online forums. This includes the partial masking of letters using numbers or alternate symbols, and any attempts at bypassing the profanity filter.


Removed post and those quoting it for the above reason.

1. ISD's do not get paid. Although I do enjoy a dank meme or two.

2. There is only one authority in this game, my friend, and that is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

#35 - 2017-05-20 02:15:50 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Moved to Crime and Punishment.

...and that's where the thread is goin' to die.



... under pile of "[MERC]" threads because they don't get their own forum.


But it's a trolling thread probably by a CODE. alt anyway so they can stay relevant. I give it a Like for the attempt either way.

(I'll even like posts I don't agree with just for the effort that goes into it)

Lol no
Alessienne is a devout anti-ganker

She's terrible at it too




That does not get a like. Try harder.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

#36 - 2017-05-20 03:05:17 UTC
trying is for bads
I prefer doing and succeeding ;)

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2017-05-20 07:10:12 UTC
The Procurer fits are bad. Fit to a ship's strength; ECM is not a Procurer's strength, godlike shield tank is. Also, when it comes to ECM, always favour racial modules as they are much more effective. Seeing as Gallente catalysts are common miner ganking ships, magnetometric jammers should be preferred.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

#38 - 2017-05-20 07:37:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Alessienne Ellecon
Hiasa Kite wrote:
The Procurer fits are bad. Fit to a ship's strength; ECM is not a Procurer's strength, godlike shield tank is. Also, when it comes to ECM, always favour racial modules as they are much more effective. Seeing as Gallente catalysts are common miner ganking ships, magnetometric jammers should be preferred.


They don't always use Catalysts. Thrashers are common too.

You know, it really grinds my gears when minmaxers yowl at me and accuse me of badfits because "blah blah ship strength pigeonhole pigeonhole pigeonhole". One of the players I supplied the procurer fits to came back to personally thank me after he used it repeatedly in lowsec to the point of making at least one ganker raqequit. Look at the jamming strength: all ewar focused on a single target gives you a minimum of 8.8 points of ECM. Add the amplifier and some skill enhancements and you can get up to 12 points or more which can be spread across multiple targets if needed. That is not a bad fit, that is you being ridiculously inflexible and refusing to get creative. Indeed, I have lost many ships, many of them badly fit, but I learned from those fits. I learned that racial bonuses are not the be all and end all of ship fitting. I learned that many EVE players are either clueless about module stats or completely rigid in their thought and design. I learned that such cluelessness/rigidity is exploitable. And thus, the ewar Procurer was born.

'Godlike shield tank' won't save a miner because CODE fits their destroyers for maximum alpha damage rather than DPS; they know they will only get off maybe a dozen volleys at most before they are concorddokkened, so they sacrifice every other attribute to make those shots count. Successfully jamming a ganker shuts down their targetting scanners AND KEEPS THEM FROM TACKLING, SCRAMMING OR SHOOTING. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

If EVE is a PvP game, then Anti-Ganking is emergent gameplay.

Brave Collective
#39 - 2017-05-20 08:07:12 UTC
Argyle Henderson wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
lol

The way to beat CODE. is to educate people so that they actively play the game, and know how the game works. The tools are already there to almost completely negate the already minuscule risk of getting ganked, making yourself a harder target than the next guy by using them generally means they'll shoot the next guy instead.

For example encourage miners to mine in groups of Procurers if gankers are in town, only one thing deters would be gankers more than a Procurer ball of drone death waiting for them, and that's a Skiff ball of drone death waiting for them.

The people that die to CODE. generally weren't paying attention, or they made themselves an easy or desirable target.

People should be doing most of what they preach anyway. It's a PvP game after all.

In a PvP game, especially one like Eve with full loot mechanics, it should be obvious that flying eleventy billion isk in a cargo tanked ship across the universe in a game where other people can and will kill you in order to take it off of you is a bad idea, afk or not.

It should be common sense to set standings towards the "bad guys" of Eve so that they're bloody obvious in local, to use d-scan while mining or missioning when the aforementioned bad guys are in local, to not go afk, to not shoot at suspects in your blingy mission ship, etc, etc.


NO IT'S NOT ALL PVP. There are other elements to eve. And not everyone should be FORCED to pvp. unlike most of you penniless scrubs I pay to play this game and should therefore not be forced to pvp if I choose not to. How does the fact that YOU want to pvp make the fact that I DONT want to pvp any less relevant? You get to force you play choices on me but the reverse is not allowed. How about I force you to mine, rat or build?


You are wrong. EvE is a PvP game. Period.
#40 - 2017-05-20 08:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:
'Godlike shield tank' won't save a miner because CODE fits their destroyers for maximum alpha damage rather than DPS; they know they will only get off maybe a dozen volleys at most before they are concorddokkened, so they sacrifice every other attribute to make those shots count.
And with this short sentence you have proved that you have precisely zero idea of what you're talking about.

I'd like to see the fit of the alpha damage destroyer that gets off a dozen volleys before Concord roll up Roll

CODE.'s destroyer fits are generally geared towards DPS, they mainly use blaster fit Catalysts because the ship bonuses and weapons choice offer the most bang for buck when compared to other destroyers due to the raw damage output and high rate of fire; this enables 10-12 shots to be fired before Concordokken occurs.

Destroyer fits geared towards alpha damage tend to be fitted with artillery and the like, each individual salvo punches out more damage than blasters, but the slower rate of fire means that they only get off 2 or 3 shots before Concord ruin the fun.

Know thy enemy before spouting shite about them.

Quote:
Successfully jamming a ganker shuts down their targetting scanners AND KEEPS THEM FROM TACKLING, SCRAMMING OR SHOOTING. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.
So does not being there when they appear.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump