EVE General Discussion

 
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
 

did plex get more expensive?

Author
#21 - 2017-05-19 00:58:31 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Don't argue with someone that doesn't know the difference between your and you're Roll



your will always be faster to swipe into a phone

'ur' is even faster.

But then we'd trigger Epeen. We have to look after the old guys.


not when swiping my phone auto corrects ur to your
#22 - 2017-05-19 02:06:53 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:


you couldn't that's his point. in his mind its okay that plex cost more now because you can buy less

But Plex don't cost more.
If you look for a specific value of plex at which the packages no longer suit sure you can find a situation where you have to spend more. But on the whole the plex price is equivalent to the old price.
The structure of where the 'bonus' plex are is different because Bonus are now measured from the 'more expensive' $5 option. Not the $20 500 plex option. But that is a marketing spin visual, not an actual difference.
Caldari State
#23 - 2017-05-19 02:14:19 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:


you couldn't that's his point. in his mind its okay that plex cost more now because you can buy less

But Plex don't cost more.
If you look for a specific value of plex at which the packages no longer suit sure you can find a situation where you have to spend more. But on the whole the plex price is equivalent to the old price.
The structure of where the 'bonus' plex are is different because Bonus are now measured from the 'more expensive' $5 option. Not the $20 500 plex option. But that is a marketing spin visual, not an actual difference.

What's the answer to the question Lugh asked in the OP:

I havent bought plex in a while but i seem to remember the $100 pack being 6 plex its now just over 5 months of plex? is this what happened or did the $100 always give 5

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

#24 - 2017-05-19 02:18:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Obsidian Blacke
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:


you couldn't that's his point. in his mind its okay that plex cost more now because you can buy less

But Plex don't cost more.
If you look for a specific value of plex at which the packages no longer suit sure you can find a situation where you have to spend more. But on the whole the plex price is equivalent to the old price.
The structure of where the 'bonus' plex are is different because Bonus are now measured from the 'more expensive' $5 option. Not the $20 500 plex option. But that is a marketing spin visual, not an actual difference.

What's the answer to the question Lugh asked in the OP:

I havent bought plex in a while but i seem to remember the $100 pack being 6 plex its now just over 5 months of plex? is this what happened or did the $100 always give 5


I already told him. They did not have a '$100 for 6 plex' pack. It was a $105 pack for 6 plex. He was mis-remembering the price. That pack no longer exists.

I also told him what he was really upset about was not the price of the plex (as it had stayed the same on a per unit basis at around the same price point), but the fact that they had eliminated the $105 pack, but cray wanna be cray.
#25 - 2017-05-19 03:11:50 UTC
I think this is the case. Look at the PLEX prices in the market
#26 - 2017-05-19 05:30:47 UTC
HydrogenBond Shaishi wrote:
I think this is the case. Look at the PLEX prices in the market


That's also compounded with it being more work to sell. A lot of us made our isk buying and selling plex on the market. It being predictable with low volume high value made this a great way to make isk. With low value high volume there is more effort in trading it
#27 - 2017-05-19 05:31:39 UTC
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:


you couldn't that's his point. in his mind its okay that plex cost more now because you can buy less

But Plex don't cost more.
If you look for a specific value of plex at which the packages no longer suit sure you can find a situation where you have to spend more. But on the whole the plex price is equivalent to the old price.
The structure of where the 'bonus' plex are is different because Bonus are now measured from the 'more expensive' $5 option. Not the $20 500 plex option. But that is a marketing spin visual, not an actual difference.

What's the answer to the question Lugh asked in the OP:

I havent bought plex in a while but i seem to remember the $100 pack being 6 plex its now just over 5 months of plex? is this what happened or did the $100 always give 5


I already told him. They did not have a '$100 for 6 plex' pack. It was a $105 pack for 6 plex. He was mis-remembering the price. That pack no longer exists.

I also told him what he was really upset about was not the price of the plex (as it had stayed the same on a per unit basis at around the same price point), but the fact that they had eliminated the $105 pack, but cray wanna be cray.



More upset that it is more than $4 more to buy 6 plex than it used to be
#28 - 2017-05-19 05:52:00 UTC
But only if you buy exactly (or as close to exactly) 6 plex as possible, rather than just stepping up to the next pack size and getting more than 6 plex.
It's the same as if you argued that with old plex 7 Plex cost more per plex than 6 because you had to buy a single plex for $20 to add the 7th.

I.E. It's an utter strawman argument.
#29 - 2017-05-19 06:00:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
well no because now to get the 7 plex it is $100+$20+$5+$5 as opposed to the $105+$20
#30 - 2017-05-19 06:09:58 UTC
Except you are still deliberately picking the most expensive way to do it by attempting to exactly match that number
And failing at basic literacy as to what I actually said.

The price has not gone up per plex, they have just changed the package sizes and the new size no longer suits you.
#31 - 2017-05-19 06:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
what no that is the cheapest way to do it. is there a cheaper combination???


yes the price per plex has stayed the same but the bulk discounts have been lowered. thus making plex more expensive. if its not at all more expensive thats fine by me i just want to know. i don't buy from CCP but knowing if it has gotten more expensive is important for ppl like me who trade it
#32 - 2017-05-19 06:19:53 UTC
Your argument is akin to me saying 'I only wanted 5 plex, but to get 5 plex under the old system cost me $105, so 5 plex cost too much'. Or more accurately the 7 plex method I listed above where per plex it costs more than 6.
The cheaper 'Per plex' way is just buy the next larger package.
If you mix & match smaller packages to make an exact value then obviously it's going to cost you more than a single big package.

That does not mean that Plex are more expensive on the whole, that means you are attempting to pick a very specific example where if you buy EXACTLY a certain number of plex across several packages it costs more.

So your complaint here is nothing to do with the price per plex, and all to do with CCP not offering a 6 old plex package anymore.
#33 - 2017-05-19 06:36:41 UTC
One good thing, is there is bits of PLEX being sold in many places.
Its good that Jita doesnt have the top 20l listings on a commodity, whenever that happens.

Bad thing, is its all still fixed to Jita prices, and thanks to PLEX Vault, it really doesnt matter much where it is bought.

Id have prefered that PLEX required transport inorder to implement, but its way too late for that now.
The-Culture
#34 - 2017-05-19 06:55:52 UTC
I like the way of thought of some people here. Lol

"If for some reason i want 0.9 of beer can i can do it for just for less money than before! And even if the whole can is more expensive now it means beer is cheaper!". Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

#35 - 2017-05-19 07:39:42 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Your argument is akin to me saying 'I only wanted 5 plex, but to get 5 plex under the old system cost me $105, so 5 plex cost too much'. Or more accurately the 7 plex method I listed above where per plex it costs more than 6.
The cheaper 'Per plex' way is just buy the next larger package.
If you mix & match smaller packages to make an exact value then obviously it's going to cost you more than a single big package.

That does not mean that Plex are more expensive on the whole, that means you are attempting to pick a very specific example where if you buy EXACTLY a certain number of plex across several packages it costs more.

So your complaint here is nothing to do with the price per plex, and all to do with CCP not offering a 6 old plex package anymore.



m8 i'm not complaining i don't buy the stuff for real world isk trying to figure things out to help predict market prices.


and overall plex is now either more expensive or the same as it was except on the very high end bulk buys. that was all i needed to know
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2017-05-19 17:19:46 UTC
Here it goes again...

Skill injectors price to the infinite and beyond.
Ivy League
#37 - 2017-05-19 20:49:19 UTC
Under the old system, if I wanted to buy 6 plex using only the smallest packages, it would cost me 120 dollars.

under the new system, to get the same amount of nuplex I would need to buy 28 packages at 5 dollars each, which costs about 140 dollars... sure I'd be getting about 80 or so extra nuplex out of it, but THATS NOT THE POINT!!! clearly ccp is just scamming and trying to steal our money!!!
#38 - 2017-05-19 20:59:17 UTC
Brave Collective
#39 - 2017-05-19 21:00:07 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Under the old system, if I wanted to buy 6 plex using only the smallest packages, it would cost me 120 dollars.

under the new system, to get the same amount of nuplex I would need to buy 28 packages at 5 dollars each, which costs about 140 dollars... sure I'd be getting about 80 or so extra nuplex out of it, but THATS NOT THE POINT!!! clearly ccp is just scamming and trying to steal our money!!!


You can not be serious. You are puling chains, right?
Ivy League
#40 - 2017-05-19 21:04:02 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Under the old system, if I wanted to buy 6 plex using only the smallest packages, it would cost me 120 dollars.

under the new system, to get the same amount of nuplex I would need to buy 28 packages at 5 dollars each, which costs about 140 dollars... sure I'd be getting about 80 or so extra nuplex out of it, but THATS NOT THE POINT!!! clearly ccp is just scamming and trying to steal our money!!!


You can not be serious. You are puling chains, right?


It makes about as much sense as picking and choosing from smaller new options in order to get an exact number rather than just getting the larger combined package.
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
Forum Jump