EVE Information Portal

 
4 PagesFirst pagePrevious page234
 

June release - Issues

First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#61 - 2017-06-16 17:00:21 UTC
Thanks everyone for the feedback on the Volume column in the survey scanner window.

With regards to the reasoning behind this change, we deemed that as the "Mining amount" attribute of any mining module and the capacity of a ship is represented in m3, not units, its more useful to be able to see the total volume of Ore in a given asteroid.

However, as the old saying goes, "any change breaks someone workflow" and we understand that this means an amount of window adjustment for anyone who's been using the window on its minimum size.

We've discussed this internally, and decided that implementing filtering or rearranging for columns would be a bigger task than we can commit developer hours to at this time while we work on other priorities. However, we are open to discussion about how to best arrange these columns to fit everyone's needs.

One goal we'd like to achieve is keep Quantity and Volume next to each other as they both have similar uses, so we could go for something like these following options:

  1. Ore Name | Distance | Volume | Quantity
  2. Ore Name | Distance | Quantity | Volume
  3. Ore Name | Quantity | Volume | Distance

We're liking the look of the 2nd option there as it allows the previous "tiny window" use case, but doesn't seperate the related columns.

What would people think of this as a compromise?

Side note: I'm not aware of a single EVE dev that uses a 4k monitor when designing or testing features, I'm not sure where that assumption came from!

Love,

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Solyaris Chtonium
#62 - 2017-06-16 17:14:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Williamm Mennosohn
RandomGuyC5 wrote:
I just consumed a Rogue Swarm Acclerator, but according to the UI it seems like i now need more Time to train instead of less, i'm pretty sure Drones V took me 9 Days now it tells me it going to take 17 Days



Just want you to know you are not alone, same Bug here with a little twist.


Consumed the Rogue Swarm Accelerator, BUT THE TRAINING TIME STAYS THE SAME.


Already submitted a bug report, bot reply said the devs are investigating, but no further reply so far. Making me doubt about it.


It feels unfair to receive no bonus at all from the said Accelerator, especially when you know other people are enjoying the benefits to their hearts' content.
REFORD
#63 - 2017-06-17 08:44:35 UTC
"CCP Lebowski" wrote:
We're liking the look of the 2nd option there as it allows the previous "tiny window" use case, but doesn't seperate the related columns.

+
2nd option is the best for me and my compact windows layout

Aura: "You need to be within range to execute this function."

Kimi Räikkönen: “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”

Caldari State
#64 - 2017-06-17 20:49:53 UTC
PLEX vault isn't working! Evil
The Bastion
#65 - 2017-06-17 21:26:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Draven MCcloud
Yes logged in today and plex is not showing in vault?

FYI i am missing 1000 plex i got when you switch over from aurum,,,
#66 - 2017-06-20 12:50:25 UTC
From patch notes
"Re-added Omega time remaining in the character sheet."

not showing up for me
#67 - 2017-06-20 21:56:38 UTC
scottyp wrote:
From patch notes
"Re-added Omega time remaining in the character sheet."

not showing up for me


I get an expiration date+time, but not an actual "time remaining" counter - I'm guessing this is what was meant by the announcement, but an actual literal "remaining time" counter would be rather nice to have back... If not too much trouble Blink
#68 - 2017-06-21 06:33:39 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback on the Volume column in the survey scanner window.

With regards to the reasoning behind this change, we deemed that as the "Mining amount" attribute of any mining module and the capacity of a ship is represented in m3, not units, its more useful to be able to see the total volume of Ore in a given asteroid.

However, as the old saying goes, "any change breaks someone workflow" and we understand that this means an amount of window adjustment for anyone who's been using the window on its minimum size.

We've discussed this internally, and decided that implementing filtering or rearranging for columns would be a bigger task than we can commit developer hours to at this time while we work on other priorities. However, we are open to discussion about how to best arrange these columns to fit everyone's needs.

One goal we'd like to achieve is keep Quantity and Volume next to each other as they both have similar uses, so we could go for something like these following options:

  1. Ore Name | Distance | Volume | Quantity
  2. Ore Name | Distance | Quantity | Volume
  3. Ore Name | Quantity | Volume | Distance

We're liking the look of the 2nd option there as it allows the previous "tiny window" use case, but doesn't seperate the related columns.

What would people think of this as a compromise?

Side note: I'm not aware of a single EVE dev that uses a 4k monitor when designing or testing features, I'm not sure where that assumption came from!

Love,



Option 2 please
ChaosTheory.
#69 - 2017-06-21 18:59:24 UTC
Miiikka wrote:


Option 2 please

+1
4 PagesFirst pagePrevious page234
Forum Jump