Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
 

Eject Skill Books

Author
#1 - 2017-07-14 18:36:36 UTC
As the title states, I think we should be able to eject skill books, if you haven't trained them to level 1. I'm not bothered about losing the skill book in the process. It just be nice to do so, as I have extracted skill point's I no longer need or want, so would be nice to get rid of the skill altogether
#2 - 2017-07-14 19:01:16 UTC
Why? This gains you nothing, has no benefit, and has the potential to seriously waste someone's money if they happen to misclick right after injecting, say, the Capital Ships skill for example. RIP 500m ISK.

With the new UI it doesn't even hide the skill since the default shows all skills even ones you haven't injected.
Caldari State
#3 - 2017-07-14 19:14:33 UTC
Agree with Cade... this serves zero productive function, and would only serve to increase the load for GMs after "oops I wiped out a skill book I didn't mean to, can you please inject it back?"
#4 - 2017-07-14 19:15:35 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Why? This gains you nothing, has no benefit, and has the potential to seriously waste someone's money if they happen to misclick right after injecting, say, the Capital Ships skill for example. RIP 500m ISK.

With the new UI it doesn't even hide the skill since the default shows all skills even ones you haven't injected.



If you miss click, then you should be paying more attention. It's no different to those who get scammed in Jita, by not paying attention. Trashing something instead of repackaging. It's part and parcel of this game, and why shouldn't skill book removal be any different.

For some of us that, have played the game a long while and look at my skill's only, when deciding on what to train next. It would be nice for those skill point's you have extracted from said skill's as they no longer needed, be removed from section's. You could incorporate and function that say "Are you Sure?"

#5 - 2017-07-14 19:30:51 UTC
Somsumi wrote:
For some of us that, have played the game a long while and look at my skill's only, when deciding on what to train next. It would be nice for those skill point's you have extracted from said skill's as they no longer needed, be removed from section's. You could incorporate and function that say "Are you Sure?"


Second thing first, I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Skill Points that you extract are removed from those categories. You've said nothing here about why you should be able to remove the skill itself.

Somsumi wrote:
If you miss click, then you should be paying more attention. It's no different to those who get scammed in Jita, by not paying attention. Trashing something instead of repackaging. It's part and parcel of this game, and why shouldn't skill book removal be any different.


As for this, there is a difference here. Getting scammed in Jita isn't the result of a misclick or UI error, it's a failure by the player's decision making. Accidentally trashing something is a UI failure but generally you can petition CCP to have that fixed, and on top of that the ability to trash objects serves a useful purpose in the game. Removing skills has no such similarly useful function, it's entirely to the player's detriment to do so as each skill has a slot and you don't gain anything, be it space or other benefits, for trashing a skill even one you aren't using anymore.

On top of that the skills interface has plenty of filters available. It's likely that one of those will let you hide the skills you don't wish to see anymore.

There's no reason to take limited dev time to introduce a feature that serves only to create more support tickets and let a tiny minority of players indulge their OCD with their character sheet.
Caldari State
#6 - 2017-07-14 19:37:40 UTC
Point in case, if you accidentally destroy a jump clone with implants, you can petition to get it back.

CCP is all about consequences. Insofar as those consequences are the result of a decision you meant to make.

If you're in a rush and accidentally destroy your implant clone, that's not the kind of mistake that CCP wants to punish you for. If you're in a rush and accidentally forget to jump OUT of your implant clone (subsequently getting podded) THAT is the kind of mistake that CCP wants to punish you for.

In one case, you clicked the wrong button (which can be clarified as a UI failure in broad terms) and in the other case, you simply failed to account for the possibility that you would die in your implants (a player's decision making failure).
Forum Jump