Ships & Modules

 
 

Ishtar fit

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-05-01 00:53:41 UTC
Looking for good Ishtar fit for Serp and Gurista DED in high sec!
#2 - 2017-06-13 12:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Cross Strike
I am looking for one too.. Wondering if shield or armor is the best way to go since ishtar got nerfed a while back. Also, does it need to be cap stable for PVE?
#3 - 2017-06-13 13:16:43 UTC
For high sec armor versus shield seems to be more about personal preference than anything else. If someone has a reason why this is not true I would like to hear your reasoning behind it.

in high sec cap stability is more about personal preference. Cap stable fits usually have slightly lower DPS, tank or combination of both. None of that is a bad thing it just slows down you abilities to kill things which reduces your ISK/LP per hour. In the case of lower tank it could, at least in theory add to the hassle because warp out for tank.

Not sure if this fit would work for you and your characters.
I make no claims that this is the "best" fit.
This is simply a general purpose fit that I use for a high sec PvE Ishtar.
But then you need to remember that I do not use this for level 4 missions or other equivalent difficulty PvE so it may not work for you at all.

[Ishtar, General]

True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II - change depending on NPC you will be fighting.
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II
Cap Recharger II
Empty Mid - 2nd cap recharger makes it cap stable if you have good skills. Omni or nav computer are just 2 options.

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, - ammo per your choice.
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, - I prefer auto canon for no cap use since there is no bonus to guns on the Ishtar.
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, - remote reps are another option here as well.

Medium Nanobot Accelerator II - for tank although these could easily be changed based on preference
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Garde II x5
2nd sentry x5 - chosen based on NPC
Hobgoblin II x5 - for frigate and destroyer class NPC
Hammerhead II x5 - for anything else.
Medium Armor Maintenance Bot II x4 - cause drone damage seems to be a think in this game about now.
#4 - 2017-06-13 17:04:12 UTC
I threw this together real quick, most highsec sites it will be complete overkill, drop lights to kill some small stuff while you mwd to where you need to go and/or drop sentries and blap everything.

rigs could go with pretty much anything, I'd probably guess you would want scan strength rigs, or maybe tank rigs. I haven't done the serpentis sites but the guristas 3/10 and 4/10 should be super easy in pretty much any ishtar fit. With the large cap batteries it is very easy to make hacs cap stable so I'd say just do it. and might want a gun or two for aggro. also probably worth bringing a mobile depot and a few armor/hull reps for the drones. Although in highsec it should be pretty easy to find a station/citadel to do repairs



Ishtar, highsec ded]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Drone Link Augmentor II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]


Garde II x5
Warden II x5
Hornet II x5
Hornet II x5

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#5 - 2017-06-14 09:21:04 UTC
[Ishtar, high sec PvE ]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Shadow Serpentis Armor Thermal Hardener

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script
Drone Navigation Computer II
Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script

Small Tractor Beam I
425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Drone Speed Augmentor II


Wasp II x5
Ogre II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet II x5
Ogre II x1
Wasp II x1

Without MWD you have 4 minutes with reps running. Swap warp speed rig to capacitor rig, if you want to be cap stable without MWD. But with over 900 DPS you should be able to kill most damaging NPC in a HIGH SEC pocket under 4 minutes, so you can pulse reper later on. Of cause that can be blinged to any degree - posted fit is less, than 300 milions with all the drones , modules and ammo ...
#6 - 2017-06-14 16:35:16 UTC
Thanks so much,

I'm surprised no one recommends a shield fit. Another person offered this up. Is armor really the way to go?

[Ishtar, Ishtar]

Syndicate Damage Control
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Domination 100MN Afterburner
Domination Medium Shield Booster

Drone Link Augmentor II
Salvager II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Garde II x5
Hobgoblin II x10
Salvage Drone I x5
Hammerhead II x5
Gecko x2
#7 - 2017-06-14 19:15:47 UTC
As said it is mostly a personal preference, I'd rather leave the midslots open for tracking links or nav comps. The tank vs highsec gurista/serps is going to be massive overkill pretty much any way you fit it thanks to the t2 resists.

also not a huge fan of that fit, using purgers for rigs, but also running a shield booster, might as well go full passive with double extenders (drop the booster and cap recharger) and purgers, or full active, probably swap the rigs to either shield or cap, and then switch the cap recharger for another shield mod or drone mod. And I don't think I'd use 100mn ab for highsec exploration, that is more useful for reducing damage from battleship rats, but has very poor agility, I'd rather use a 50mn mwd for higher top speed and better agility.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#8 - 2017-06-15 08:26:16 UTC
Cross Strike wrote:
Thanks so much,

I'm surprised no one recommends a shield fit. Another person offered this up. Is armor really the way to go?

[Ishtar, Ishtar]

Syndicate Damage Control
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Domination 100MN Afterburner
Domination Medium Shield Booster

Drone Link Augmentor II
Salvager II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Garde II x5
Hobgoblin II x10
Salvage Drone I x5
Hammerhead II x5
Gecko x2


It is a fit for speed / sig tanking null sec anomalies. Because of T2 resists, focused on serpentis / guristas thermal / kinetic damage Ishtar already have a very good tank for high sec without any tank modes at all. I currently running Rogue swarm with zero additional tank and I tryed also high sec anomalies with it. Some high sec serpentis escalation will force you to active tanking rats before you will get to boss. You can just run out of buffer if the game lags you for a half of a minute.
#9 - 2017-06-15 15:35:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Cross Strike
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

As said it is mostly a personal preference, I'd rather leave the midslots open for tracking links or nav comps. The tank vs highsec gurista/serps is going to be massive overkill pretty much any way you fit it thanks to the t2 resists.

also not a huge fan of that fit, using purgers for rigs, but also running a shield booster, might as well go full passive with double extenders (drop the booster and cap recharger) and purgers, or full active, probably swap the rigs to either shield or cap, and then switch the cap recharger for another shield mod or drone mod. And I don't think I'd use 100mn ab for highsec exploration, that is more useful for reducing damage from battleship rats, but has very poor agility, I'd rather use a 50mn mwd for higher top speed and better agility.


Great point, i tired the ab and almost got killed cuz i couldn't warp fast enough lol
Passive tank also scares me.. how do you feel about double armor reps, is it overkill?

erg cz wrote:

It is a fit for speed / sig tanking null sec anomalies. Because of T2 resists, focused on serpentis / guristas thermal / kinetic damage Ishtar already have a very good tank for high sec without any tank modes at all. I currently running Rogue swarm with zero additional tank and I tryed also high sec anomalies with it. Some high sec serpentis escalation will force you to active tanking rats before you will get to boss. You can just run out of buffer if the game lags you for a half of a minute.


Ahh thanks!! the reason i liked the shield tank was the extremely high dps especially with geckos
#10 - 2017-06-16 03:28:29 UTC
double armor reps sound like overkill for highsec sites, but you can be cap stable pretty easily, with an afterburner instead of a mwd in my earlier armor fit. or you could add cap rigs.

one great thing about a passive tank is that it is always on. I was using a gila to run drone sites earlier as I've been having connection problems and didn't want to stupidly lose an active tanked ship.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Caldari State
#11 - 2017-06-26 00:34:22 UTC
Cross Strike wrote:
Thanks so much,

I'm surprised no one recommends a shield fit.



it used to do buffer shield fits quite well
however it lost a Mid & gained a Low since I last flew one

and 4 slots isn't enough for a robust tank + prop mod

when you have to choose between
2 hardeners + 1 LSE
1 hardener + 2 LSE
to fit an AB or mwd

or
2 hardeners + 2 LSE
and have no prop mod fitted at all

tl/dr
shield fits are no longer viable ..

#12 - 2017-06-27 10:09:48 UTC
Some time ago I found a passive shield tank Ishtar and I think it is still viable option. more so against guristas / serpentis.
The fit below has 364 EHP/s tank plus 1000m/s speed tank, well effective some 500-700, because of the awfull acceleration of oversize AB.
If you pimp it a bit, you can get the tank to some 450 EHP/s
You should be able to switch one shield relay for another DDA, which can get you above 730 dps and against guristas you may change the invul field for a drone tracking link / sensor booster with ECCM script.
against serpentis SB with targeting range script.

The only problem might arise when webbed ;-)

[Ishtar, Ishtar fit]

Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Gistum A-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster /OFFLINE
'Love' Medium Remote Armor Repairer /OFFLINE
Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II


Ogre II x5
Garde II x5
Gecko x2
Hobgoblin II x3
ChaosTheory.
#13 - 2017-07-16 23:02:05 UTC
[Ishtar, Null Overtanked Ishtar]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Auto Targeting System I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Wasp II x5

this would be absolutely overkill for anything in highsec, but it works. cap stable (40%), 747dps with Wasps, tracks frigates easily as well. 870dps tank against serpentis, 1161dps tank against guristas. it's an afk fit that i would run with one of my alts. it's solo'd gurista's dreads before. i usually just send it to a site at 0, launch drones, turn on the hardeners and rep and switch back to my main toon.
Forum Jump