EVE General Discussion

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page

next upgrade should be indy

Author
Brave Collective
#21 Posted: 2012.01.27 11:05  |  Edited by: TheBlueMonkey
Firstly, isn't there talk of removing the drone poop from drones?

Rita Torres wrote:
So I was thinking for indy upgrade we need t3 mining ships more powerful strip miners ships with better resis on them.

Which will increase the supply of minerals on the market reducing their worth.

Rita Torres wrote:
Ships that can use more then 3 strip miners.

Rita Torres wrote:
Also a super sized capital industrial ship that give way better bonus but also can use fighter size mining drones up to 15.

Rita Torres wrote:
And its superindustrial core can launch a shield bubble around the belt abou 30km and be like 10million hp but uses a lot of stront to keep the shield up.

So you're going to reduce the risk of mining further so more people can get more ore which, you guessed it, will increase the supply of minerals on the market reducing their worth.

Rita Torres wrote:
Also throw in something for antimatter or comets also make empire moons mineable but u only get like 5m3 per hour instead of 100.

not entirely sure what you mean by "throw in andtimatter or comets".... we have antimatter already and comets are a nice idea but adding more ore is the wrong way to go.
As for high sec moon mining, if you've ever actually looked at moon mining in low, it's hardly worth it unless you get some decent moons or fancy moving goo about on a dayly basis.

The reason people don't like your ideas is because you've looked at the entire situation locally, from a very obvious "how can I make more isk" point of view and sure, if this "update" applied only to you then it'd work as intended.
Unfortunatly eve's an mmo and that would apply to everyone so the over all effect would be that mineral prices would drop and you'd end up making about the same, if not less, isk.

If you want an industry buff thing more globally, increase mineral demand.
Find a way of making industry more of a game option rather than a "I sit there watching tv\films while I mine", make it engaging, make it harder to bott, remove other avenues that minerals enter the game through etc.
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#22 Posted: 2012.01.27 11:21
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I think the whole mining thingy is completely overrated in Eve. You are an immortal superhuman being- and all you want is to dig in the dirt? Primary ressource production should be a starting profession, easy to learn with a rather smal profit. Profit should come from manufacturing and selling the refined products. RL example: No rich CEO of a RL industrial corporation would ever say "meh, this is stupid, I`m gonna get me a pickaxe and go digging for some ore..." so why should our characters?
Flame on, miners!

They might want to try driving this though Blink

http://www.telovation.com/photos/biggest-machines-in-the-world-excavator.jpg
Unified Church of the Unobligated
#23 Posted: 2012.01.27 11:36
TheBlueMonkey wrote:

The reason people don't like your ideas is because you've looked at the entire situation locally, from a very obvious "how can I make more isk" point of view and sure, if this "update" applied only to you then it'd work as intended.
Unfortunatly eve's a mmo and that would apply to everyone so the over all effect would be that mineral prices would drop and you'd end up making about the same, if not less, isk.

If you want an industry buff thing more globally, increase mineral demand.
Find a way of making industry more of a game option rather than a "I sit there watching tv\films while I mine", make it engaging, make it harder to bott, remove other avenues that minerals enter the game through etc.

And this response shows how clueless about the economy some 'industrialists' seem to be about the economy, I'm not sure they deserve the title of industrialist really, more belt munchers since the only thing they desire is to mine more to make more isk. The minerals they mine are the fuel of the real industrialists in EVE, the ones who buy minerals, build and sell the products.

I've recently started helping out a few new players by bringing them into the corp and giving advice and sources of information to find out more about the game and one of the first things I told them about was the basic concept of opportunity costs, which one actually put to good use the other day when wondering if she should buy her first cruiser or try and build it from the minerals she had. She sold the minerals she had, which were only half of what she needed to build the cruiser, and had almost enough to buy one from the market.

The OP just smacks of entitlement, which seems to be a growing trend at the moment and I think I can guess why.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...
#24 Posted: 2012.01.27 11:39
EVE Mining difficulty doesn't scale enough. As starting profession it should have low skill need, but very little reward.

However, the mining "end game" ships should yield much more ore per cycle mined than now. HOWEVER, this should require much more attention and input from the player to achieve.

Think along the lines of having a 3d model of the rock with ore veins that has to be manually carved out, with dangerous gas pockets to avoid and maybe manual manouvering of the ship to stay at the optimal spot.

This should take concentration, but yield for instance 10x the ore per minute than regular "dumb" mining.

I'm sure if mining had the coordination, skill requirements and rewards of an incursion, many more people would have found it worth while and there would have been far less botting problems with it.

As it stands now, the whole mechanic just begs to be botted.

Just throwing fancier ships at the problem is not going to solve that.
Caldari State
#25 Posted: 2012.01.27 11:41
I'd like to see a jump transport.

Imagine a viator that's incapable of using a cov-ops cloak but can jump. =D Light, agile, and jumpable. mmmm.
Goonswarm Federation
#26 Posted: 2012.01.27 12:24
Ganagati wrote:
I'd like to see a jump transport.

Imagine a viator that's incapable of using a cov-ops cloak but can jump. =D Light, agile, and jumpable. mmmm.

Its called a cov-ops cyno and blackops
Caldari State
#27 Posted: 2012.01.27 12:34  |  Edited by: Rel'k Bloodlor
Lady Spank wrote:
Your suggestion is to introduce ships that make others obsolete. That's not how it works. This is an awful suggestion.

Motion passed
New ships that just make your old ones suck is a waste. Also T3 is for moduler ships. A minner that just dose minnig stuff is so not T3 its sad you even think thats what a T3 is for.

Next up, make minnig harder, moving roids, minigame to get lock on the rock, any thing to take botting and 5 acount semi-AFK style play out of minnig so minners can make better cash.

After than make more stuff to mine for.

-Rel
I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 
#28 Posted: 2012.01.27 12:38
CCP announced (search yourself :p) the focus for summer expansion will be "WAR".

I imagine they could tweak some things with industrials, but it will clearly not be the core of the expansion :)
 Davai!
Caldari State
#29 Posted: 2012.01.27 12:45
Came expecting a suggestion that CCP includes crappy music in the next patch.

Left relieved.
The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.
Goonswarm Federation
#30 Posted: 2012.01.27 12:48
Ivan Joukov wrote:
CCP announced (search yourself :p) the focus for summer expansion will be "WAR".

I imagine they could tweak some things with industrials, but it will clearly not be the core of the expansion :)

More war is nothing but a good thing for indi pilots so in a way, this summer will be a boost for indi pilotsBig smile
Minmatar Republic
#31 Posted: 2012.01.27 13:00  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
an expansion focused around industry would be really nice (Quantum Rise was a pretty big letdown in this regard and even that has been 3 years ago).

However, new overpowered mining ships that make all existing mining ships useless while being almost untouchable is not the way to go.

Here's what I would like to see

* POS revamp - better role management, nicer UI
* a corp-level POS dashboard in-game: locations, fuel levels, strontium, RF timers
* improved S&I interface - hopefully with a lot less clicking
* make T1 mining barges (Covetor!) useful again
* better in-game documentation of/tutorials on industrial topics like invention, moon mining/reactions, booster production, ... (this part of gameplay relies way too much on having to learn from OOG (often 3rd party) resources which drives many players away from even giving it a try)

bigger and bigger ships only lead to stat inflation and an increasing barrier of entry for new players. don't see how they'd add anything desirable to the game.
Minmatar Republic
#32 Posted: 2012.01.27 13:16
Lady Spank wrote:
Also, give roids captchas (in-game style locking activity) which bots can't duplicate.

Moving system wide belts behind probing apart from 1.0 systems would help. Also having scramming rats spawn at the said behind probe belts. Unless the bot works into itself way to attack scramming attacker it's tied to the belt until dt or someone releases it.

Smaller mass amount in roids and larger amount of small pockets of them helps as it prevents botters from scanning one belt and leaving their hulks mine it until next dt. On the other hand active miners should reap the reward in form of increase in +5 and +10% variant of ores to outset the need to constantly rescan and move to next small gravi site.
Amarr Empire
#33 Posted: 2012.01.27 13:24
OP is 100% right in one thing.
Industry needs love.

Not soon, but NOW.
Caldari State
#34 Posted: 2012.01.27 13:43
In my opinion, there is perhaps one niche remaining for a new category of mining ships or modules — ones that require far more micromanagement in exchange for a higher ore/ice yield. I haven't mined ore in an extremely long time, but I'm fairly certain it takes at least a few minutes for a Hulk to fill its cargo hold, asteroid pops notwithstanding. A "perfect" highsec Mackinaw with 8k cargo (requires a T2 cargo rig if using two MLUs) can go two full cycles before having to empty its hold, and that's the true "semi-AFK" mining technique.

I'm not proposing this seriously, but mining ships or modules that require player input approximately every 30 seconds (by dint of new lasers with extremely short, non-automatic cycle times, say) for a (roughly) 50%-100% higher hourly mineral/ice yield might not be such a terrible thing.

Also, people constantly claim that most minerals come from the nullsec drone regions, and it is all but certain that there are still bot miners afoot. If true, then higher mining yields for at-the-keyboard players should indeed net them more ISK, because their higher yields won't have a huge impact on market prices.

Just my 0.02 ISK.
"The EVE forums are intended to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for the EVE community." — EVElopedia
Mordus Angels
#35 Posted: 2012.01.27 14:06
Last few "industrial" expansions have been underwhelming - in my opinion. There is only very limited number of that that I remember that have been labeled as such.

The best "industrial" things done have been the ones done by the team that "fixed little things" over the past three years.
Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... *THWONK!*
GOT the bastard.
Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
#36 Posted: 2012.01.27 14:12
Lady Spank wrote:
Your suggestion is to introduce ships that make others obsolete. That's not how it works. This is an awful suggestion.

can you go back in time and tell this to the bright spark that thought up super capitals
COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION
Amarr Empire
#37 Posted: 2012.01.27 14:39
R A I N B O W
M I N I N G
#38 Posted: 2012.01.27 17:43
CCP please make it simpler for corp members to collaborate by adding a corp role for POS labs where you can put and remove BPC's/BPO's into a hangar and run relavant jobs without having to have the starbase config role. POS modules then can't be offlined and stolen and corp members can use the POS as a corp surely should be able to.
Clockwork Pineapple
#39 Posted: 2012.01.27 17:56  |  Edited by: Morganta
Lady Spank wrote:
Also, give roids captchas (in-game style locking activity) which bots can't duplicate.

Fush Choo meng!

I actually had to reset my password at a national big box chain website the other day
and the idiotic captcha had accented characters in it.....

WTF? I'm supposed to look up ******* alt codes now to be further annoyed by the worst security device ever created?

Captchas and their creater should be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the core of the sun.
RAZOR Alliance
#40 Posted: 2012.01.27 18:57
There are so many over complicated suggestions in threads like these.

POS work excluded because it's as bad as I can imagine making something.....except it doesn't really have any bugs just complete lack of thought....complicated suggestions are needed here because all POS work needs to be thrown in the garbage.....even the scale of pos structures is silly.

Mining: Minerals, NPC labs, refineries and manufacturing distribution do not represent the intended progression of EvE players. Almost all miners go (Highsec)->(Lowsec)->(Highsec for the rest of their foreseeable lives) usually ending in them leaving EvE. In some rare occasions they meet somebody that gets them into null or a wormhole but the bottom line is that as a miner why would you leave highsec and why would you ever even talk to other players? (I'm not trying to move people into lowsec or nullsec I'm saying that EvE penalizes the average indy player for not choosing highsec). Note that I said average indy player not somebody like myself or Tippia that spend all day here.

Reasons (Mining and General Industry):

Highsec
-Highsec mining yields almost all of the minerals the average player needs.
-The minerals they cannot get mining in highsec can easily be produced running L3 or L4 missions
-Highsec also has many research agents, many manufacturing facilities and many high quality refineries
-Incredibly safe and 100% AFK'able(I know because I do this)

Lowsec
-Lowsec mining yields 1 additional mineral....so why don't lowsec miners use that to make lowsec mining viable? Because mission runners are brining in a large volume of that mineral in their loot.(In my experience using a Proteus for L4's I bring in minerals just like when I'm using my hulk to mine)
-Lowsec grav sites are too rare to justify parking 200m in equipment in a station and the regular belts will often prove deadly even with a friend watching
-The lowsec areas I have lived in have less research agents, less refineries and less manufacturing facilities and they are all the same quality as highsec.
-Not very safe(don't even get gate bubbles for system access control) and not AFK'able at all

Nullsec
-So you probably do something other than industry as your main task and you've talked to the rare nullsec or WH industrialist
-Site spawn frequency varies but is generally manageable and enough that you don't mine in belts so you are fairly safe if you watch for probes.
-Somebody taxes your mineral income at a level high enough that you make more than in lowsec or highsec but you'd still be better off ratting
-You may also be using a POS refinery that nails you with a maximum of 75% refinery yield!
-Highsec Mission runners are still getting the minerals you do(at lower rates, but there are also an incredible number of mission runners and not an incredible number of you)

Given those facts it is easy to see why most miners act as they do and why the industrial system does not fit the intended progression of EvE. Lowsec is a step backwards for income to most miners because of the need to replace ships, transport goods and stay in station whenever a neutral comes around. Nullsec has huge barriers to entry for them because they can be self sustaining in highsec and without social interaction you do not get into null.

I know somebody will chime in with their own personal story to make me wrong but I'm talking about what happens to the average player, average does not mean everybody. None of the miners that I met when I made this toon are still playing(30+ people), they played afk and solo and usually quit from "griefing" or wardecs without ever experiencing EvE and that is no way to run a successful MMO.

TLDR Version: Nearly all of industry can be done in highsec solo while AFK making it even less of a game than running Folding@Home on your computer.
Do you have it?
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page