EVE General Discussion

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP where is your feedback and communication?

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#1 Posted: 2012.02.13 00:30
So we were promised a response in the hybrid rebalance test feedback forum by end of January. In 95 pages there are 3 dev responses, 1 saying we will be getting a dev response. Is this the improved communication you promised us? What are you planning with hybrids? are you done? are they working as intended? What do you think needs to be improved if any? What do your metrics tell you because from what i see they still need a lot of work, i wont get into what as theres 95 pages on it.

Can we get the Feedback YOU promised???? How about 20 minutes of the time of the person in charge (CCP Tallest) i'm looking at you) of the hybrid rebalance to write us a descent response.
#2 Posted: 2012.02.13 00:36
As far as I know, CCP is not bound by documents like the terms of service, and as such is not required to keep promises or tell the truth.
Profit favors the prepared
#3 Posted: 2012.02.13 02:06
Heh CCP and Promise ? I dont think so. They really dont know what to do with gallente ships without rebalancing half of the game . So i think they want us to forgot about hybrids and rebalance like "we will not Say anything maybe they forgot ?" something like that.

But yes CCP Tallest but not CCP Smartest promised dev blog about hybrids and so on.. But yea ....

There is any CCP Promise in HQ ?
#4 Posted: 2012.02.13 08:12
They did add a null ammo buff recently. Other then that I think some winmitar buffs are on the way as well.
Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne
#5 Posted: 2012.02.13 08:22
The only promise I could care about is if they made sure Nex Store or micro-transactions were never put in place again under their company or associates and for them to focus on making a good quality game that's fun for as many people as possible.

Saying that though, I'd like many other companies to make this promise too, because the majority of them fail miserably.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium
#6 Posted: 2012.02.13 09:15
As someone who sits next to CCP Tallest, the past few feedback threads he has created have been pure threadnaughts.
After the Hybrid re-balancing came Assault Ships (and people had a lot to say about that.)

I will ask him to look here at this thread for you.
CCP Paradox | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Super Friends
@CCP_Paradox
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#7 Posted: 2012.02.13 10:20
I don't think anyone could write any decent summary in 20 minutes times. You'd need to take out a day to look at data, look at what people are saying testing, meeting with other people and then distil this into some conclusions on which further action might be taken in conjunction with other devs/departements/changes.

If you think its just a matter of sitting down and writing a blog during the lunch hour or whenever and "wing it" your living in a dream world (or are a student). When CCP tallest writes something he'll need to research and check it cause otherwise threadnaughts will ensue, ah who are we kidding, threadnaught will ensue anyway.

PS:

Thank you CCP tallest for the retribution's extra mid slot I haven't toyed with it yet but it sure feels good to know its out there.
-
[img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img]
[yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]
#8 Posted: 2012.02.13 10:28
CCP Paradox wrote:
As someone who sits next to CCP Tallest, the past few feedback threads he has created have been pure threadnaughts.
After the Hybrid re-balancing came Assault Ships (and people had a lot to say about that.)

I will ask him to look here at this thread for you.

If you're going to look at these threads :P I guarantee you the first six pages will probably be filled with people who haven't read your thread at all if it's longer than a paragraph, even then you'll struggle, might want to consider skipping a few pages lol.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium
The Devil's Tattoo
#9 Posted: 2012.02.13 10:28
I thought we already had the Hybrid rebalancing? Blasters and railguns seem a lot better nowadays, anyway...
Dodixie > Hek
#10 Posted: 2012.02.13 18:13
ElQuirko wrote:
I thought we already had the Hybrid rebalancing? Blasters and railguns seem a lot better nowadays, anyway...

another one .... yeah rails are cool ... very ...
gal ships are OP atm so I think we are done right ?

NO !
#11 Posted: 2012.02.13 19:12
Hybrids are fine, now go work on caldari turret ships, then nerf AC falloff and Scorch optimal.
Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

#12 Posted: 2012.02.16 01:34
Ciar Meara wrote:
I don't think anyone could write any decent summary in 20 minutes times.

Actually i think you can. Because CCP Tallest or whoever is in charge should have an idea how they feel about hybrids, whether they need more work, or if they are done and working as intended. Im not asking for specifics (though that would be very nice) i'm looking to see what aspects they want to change if any. What areas do they think need addressing like the ship hulls themselves or ammo or the weapon system again? these questions should be able to be answered relatively quickly as they stated themselves they would be monitoring the hybrid changes and make changes as the metrics come in. Well Metrics have been coming in and hybrids are still under utilized and Gallente hulls save the Lachesis and Thanatos have not made a top 20 appearance in kills yet since the changes.

So still patently waiting for a response