EVE Information Portal

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

12 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.2 Issues

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#21 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:35
Let me guess; updated overview code shows range to the center of the object, not the range to "object area" (docking range, planet warpto range). Nice bug...
Brave Collective
#22 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:36
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Let me guess; updated overview code shows range to the center of the object, not the range to "object area" (docking range, planet warpto range). Nice bug...


Seems that way.

Problem is, it triggers the wrong right-click menu without docking/jump buttons and warp to 0 options (that don't work obviously) instead.
Masters of Flying Objects
#23 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:40
Confirmed in a WH with a moon. POCO worked fine.
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.
C C P Alliance
#24 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:41
Az'Kagoth wrote:
Warping around in a shuttle:

Warped to Station at 0, overview shows 30 km off. Was able to dock anyway

Warped to a planet at 0, overview shows 23 655km off. Directional Scan confirms this distance however I know I am at 0km and the warpto option doesn't work.


My guess: this is not intended...

Edit. I can replicate this behaviour infinitely. Clearing cache had no effect whatsoever. The overview simply has the distance completely wrong. The offset seems to be the same depending on from what direction you warp.


Stations: This sounds very wrong, but I am not able to reproduce it here. Could you perhaps give me system names (feel free to write an eve-mail)?

Planets: This should have worked like this all the time, as you are not warping directly to the surface of a planet.
CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
Bug reporting | Mass Testing
Masters of Flying Objects
#25 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:43
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Az'Kagoth wrote:
Warping around in a shuttle:

Warped to Station at 0, overview shows 30 km off. Was able to dock anyway

Warped to a planet at 0, overview shows 23 655km off. Directional Scan confirms this distance however I know I am at 0km and the warpto option doesn't work.


My guess: this is not intended...

Edit. I can replicate this behaviour infinitely. Clearing cache had no effect whatsoever. The overview simply has the distance completely wrong. The offset seems to be the same depending on from what direction you warp.


Stations: This sounds very wrong, but I am not able to reproduce it here. Could you perhaps give me system names (feel free to write an eve-mail)?

Planets: This should have worked like this all the time, as you are not warping directly to the surface of a planet.

But the warp to 0 is still a option in the right click menu that is wrong.
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.
#26 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:44
Some kind of crazy bug is wreaking havoc with the 'Bulletins' tab of the Corp screen. All the entries are smashed up together and the text overlaps.

There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

All I've noticed so far.
__________________
Chief Executive Officer
Instar Heavy Industries
Amarr Empire
#27 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:44
targets flashing in overview too slowly imo, needs changing back to how it was.
Masters of Flying Objects
#28 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:48
Viceran Phaedra wrote:
Some kind of crazy bug is wreaking havoc with the 'Bulletins' tab of the Corp screen. All the entries are smashed up together and the text overlaps.

There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

All I've noticed so far.

Bulletin issue not happening here.
I would suggest a UI settings reset in the ESC menu.
There has always been a limit but it should be smaller now.

What is your computer settings.
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.
C C P Alliance
#29 Posted: 2012.02.16 13:56
Viceran Phaedra wrote:
Some kind of crazy bug is wreaking havoc with the 'Bulletins' tab of the Corp screen. All the entries are smashed up together and the text overlaps.

There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

All I've noticed so far.

I'm currently working on the corp bulletins. Appears to be happening very frequently but not *all* the time.

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?
CCP Veritas - Technical Director - EVE Online
Brave Collective
#30 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:01
CCP Veritas wrote:
Viceran Phaedra wrote:
Some kind of crazy bug is wreaking havoc with the 'Bulletins' tab of the Corp screen. All the entries are smashed up together and the text overlaps.

There now also seems to be a limit on how thin you can make the columns in your targeting overview. Don't know if this was intentional or not.

All I've noticed so far.

I'm currently working on the corp bulletins. Appears to be happening very frequently but not *all* the time.

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?


Addition to the corp bulletins:

For me, first it loaded readable, but all the empty lines (so the paragraphing) was removed. It was still there in the editor but the resulting bulletin was just one big wall of text.

Next time I loaded it, it was as Viceran describes it.
#31 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:07  |  Edited by: Iam Widdershins
Catho Sharn wrote:
Possible issue with overview. I'm not sure if this is actual or just me on crack.

The ellipses (...) in the velocity (all) and distance columns are either new or taking up a lot more space. I'm having to reset these columns to wider widths to see useful information. I don't remember them being part of these columns before and honestly they provide no useful information. If the column is incomplete the unit info is missing and it's obvious there's more data than can be displayed.

Yes please.

There is never any reason for ellipses to show on any part of the overview. Display as much information as possible! We can already see when the text is running over!

Also please bring back pinning windows. Pleasepleaseplease.
Lobbying for your right to delete your signature
Masters of Flying Objects
#32 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:09
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Catho Sharn wrote:
Possible issue with overview. I'm not sure if this is actual or just me on crack.

The ellipses (...) in the velocity (all) and distance columns are either new or taking up a lot more space. I'm having to reset these columns to wider widths to see useful information. I don't remember them being part of these columns before and honestly they provide no useful information. If the column is incomplete the unit info is missing and it's obvious there's more data than can be displayed.

Yes please.

There is never any reason for ellipses to show on any part of the overview. Display as much information as possible! We can already see when the text is running over!

Also please bring back pinning windows. Pleasepleaseplease.

Windows are pinning for me.
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.
Brave Collective
#33 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:09
Quote:
Also please bring back pinning windows. Pleasepleaseplease.


I can pin windows just fine btw...
#34 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:12  |  Edited by: Iam Widdershins
CCP Veritas wrote:
Could you post a screenshot of what you mean in regards to the overview columns, just so I can be sure what you're describing?

Yessir, here you go.

Unnecessary obstruction of information, often unavoidable. PLZ 2 FIXEN THESES PROBLEMS THANK YOU GENERAL
Lobbying for your right to delete your signature
#35 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:14
Salpun wrote:
Windows are pinning for me.

Az'Kagoth wrote:
I can pin windows just fine btw...

Why was this not in the patch notes.

Why.

I haven't gone looking for that checkbox because it's never showed up in the patch notes.

How long has it been this way? Why did nobody tell me? I mean, I don't go dragging windows around by accident a lot, but damn.
Lobbying for your right to delete your signature
Otherworld Empire
#36 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:15  |  Edited by: Chribba
Contracts in list mode looks crappy as it tries to fit two rows in one.

screenshot

edit/screenshot added

/c
★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★
Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'
Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar
Masters of Flying Objects
#37 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:17
Chribba wrote:
Contracts in list mode looks crappy as it tries to fit two rows in one.

/c

known bug Big smile
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.
Otherworld Empire
#38 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:18
Salpun wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Contracts in list mode looks crappy as it tries to fit two rows in one.

/c

known bug Big smile

great, so I should start reading through the thread then lol Bear
★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★
Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'
Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar
Gallente Federation
#39 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:20  |  Edited by: Aileen Saya
I encounter some problems with the overview window.

When I switch between the tabs in the overview window, it sometimes happens that the new tab doesn't display what it's supposed to display (most of the times nothing at all).

1. Everything is fine
2. Switch overview tab
3. New tab displays old entries, but greyed out.
4. After a few seconds, the greyed out entries disappear.
5. List contains by far not all entries, sometimes it's even empty

If you wait long enough, it sometimes fixes itself. It is sometimes also fixed by jumping to another location.
Masters of Flying Objects
#40 Posted: 2012.02.16 14:23
Aileen Saya wrote:
I encouter some problems with the overview window.

When I switch between the tabs in the overview window, it sometimes happens that the new tab doesn't display what it's supposed to display (most of the times nothing at all).

1. Everything is fine
2. Switch overview tab
3. New tab displays old entries, but greyed out.
4. After a few seconds, the greyed out entries disappear.
5. List contains by far not all entries, sometimes it's even empty

If you wait long enough, it sometimes fixes itself. It is sometimes also fixed by jumping to another location.

computer stats?
Reset the UI settings in the Esc menu?
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.
12 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump