EVE General Discussion

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page

Hybird Turret missing chance ?

Author
#1 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:32
so im a newbie. im driving an Exquror , a cruise from gallente. Im using 4 medium hybird turret. Using 1 Target Painter and 1 Webfier

when im on the mission, i flyed out to the encounter, then start shooting ships. the weird parts are when i shoot, some ship just need 1 hit from each turret to blow, and some start to have extremely dodge rate. Like Neo in the Matrix control them and dodge my bullet like hell. ( they are the same ship type, just different ship )

some times i hit for 1 or 2 hit, and keep missing like 10 minutes. the range between me and target ship is like ~500-1000m.

i have Motion predict level 3, sharpshooting level 3. and Target Painter, Statis Webfier as well.

So why i keep missing those shot., COMPLETELY MISSING. Please help me out here THANKS YOU SO MUCH !
#2 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:36
Isn't Target Painter for missiles?
Signature removed, CCP Phantom
#3 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:39
[A targeting subsystem that projects an electronic "Tag" on the target thus making it easier to target and Hit. ]

doesnt say anything about missile. have no idea.
#4 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:48  |  Edited by: Brock Nelson
Description don't mean jack ****, CCP isn't actually known for writing accurate description. While you're technically correct in thinking that it helps but in your situation and ship fitting, it's not helpful.

If you look at the attribute tab of target paint, you'll notice that it has a 25% bonus to sig radius bonus, 50km accuracy fall off and 25km optimal range. Both the accuracy and optimal range bonus is useless in this case because you're already in the target's face at 500-1000m. The sig radius bonus is also useless given that you're using cruiser size guns attacking same size ship.

I'm not a hybrid or projectile user but I figure you're better off using either tracking computer or tracking enhancer. Could you post with your fittings?

Edit: Come to think of, Target Painter would be more useful in your situation if you were in a battleship using large gun and trying to hit a frigate.

Also Exequror is more of a mining ship than combat ship. You might want to look at either Thorax or Celestis to take advange of the bonus that the ship has to offer.
#5 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:50
okay, so i turned it off, and the problem still there :).
#6 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:52
Fit a tracking computer or enhancer. In fact, get rid of Exequror and get something else with damage bonus. The Exequror has a bonus to cargohold and remote repair, both of which I'm fairly certain you will not need in missions.
#7 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:55
well as i was saying im a newbie so this ship is the best i've got :(.

can you name the tracking computer or enchancer please ? i will search it on the market.

thanks you.
#8 Posted: 2012.02.22 04:59
Tracking Computer I
Tracking Enhancer I

Like I said, I'm not a hybrid user, so ask in the help channel or check out the Ship and Fittings Forum for someone who has a better idea of what would work for you.
#9 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:05
thanks you for helping me !

and im waiting for some hybird user if they have the same problems :(. please.
#10 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:18
Tracking speed is your biggest hurdle if you're in their face. The math is a bit complex, but you need to either reduce their transversal velocity or increase your tracking speed (or both). You want your tracking speed to exceed their transversal in radians/second to increase your chance to hit.

Tracking speed is measured in radians/second. Your best tools for buffing your tracking speed are tracking computers and enhancers.

You can reduce their transversal by either A] slowing them down, with webifiers or B] increase the range to target.

Because of this, being at point-blank range isn't always ideal (your OP doesn't state what sort of guns you're fitting. I'm presuming blasters, because you're at such close range. If you're using rail guns, get some range and shoot from optimal). Lighter guns will track faster, allowing you to hit speedier things more readily.

Hope that helps
#11 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:21
awesome. thanks you alot !

can i fit both tracking enchance and tracking computer at the same time ? are there any penalty ?

thanks !
#12 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:29
You'll get a reduction in bonus. It will still be better than just 1, but not fully effective.
Advent of Fate
#13 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:32
Stu Thewolf wrote:
so im a newbie. im driving an Exquror , a cruise from gallente. Im using 4 medium hybird turret. Using 1 Target Painter and 1 Webfier

when im on the mission, i flyed out to the encounter, then start shooting ships. the weird parts are when i shoot, some ship just need 1 hit from each turret to blow, and some start to have extremely dodge rate. Like Neo in the Matrix control them and dodge my bullet like hell. ( they are the same ship type, just different ship )

some times i hit for 1 or 2 hit, and keep missing like 10 minutes. the range between me and target ship is like ~500-1000m.

i have Motion predict level 3, sharpshooting level 3. and Target Painter, Statis Webfier as well.

So why i keep missing those shot., COMPLETELY MISSING. Please help me out here THANKS YOU SO MUCH !

Looks like Statis Webifier will be your best friend. It lowers the speed of the target and it'll make it easier to hit. T2 or Fleeting propulsion inhibitor webifier can slow targets up to 10km. So juding from your post, your targets is within web range. Also, since you have targets shooting you at close range, "blaster" type guns will help you. Huge DPS, but low range and great tracking speed. Railguns is also good, but it has so-so tracking and damage, but great range.

In addition, take a look at your "transversal". You add that column under overview settings. Target painer would help, since it makes target "bigger", but the biggest factor is the transversal velocity of the target. It is "outmaneuvering" your guns.

Tracking computers (mid slot) will help, and you can increase its effectiveness by adding tracking scripts and/or use the tracking enhancers (low slot). You can also use the rigs to add tracking speed of your turrets.

Amarr Empire
#14 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:33  |  Edited by: Cyzlaki
It's probably bad tracking. Even lower speeds at very close range increase transversal and angular velocity which can make you miss. Especially against small targets.

Try not moving (CTRL+SPACE). Careful though, the damage you take may increase to untankable levels. The target painter is great and will assist you track your targets
#15 Posted: 2012.02.22 05:50
Do you understand what optimal and falloff are 500-1000 M is hull hugging if you are using the wrong weapons/ammo you will automatically miss.

YOU MUST THINK FIRST....

"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion

The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar
Veni Vidi Vici Alliance
#16 Posted: 2012.02.22 06:01
Professor Alphane wrote:
Do you understand what optimal and falloff are 500-1000 M is hull hugging if you are using the wrong weapons/ammo you will automatically miss.

Yep... This...

Try standing off a bit... look at what the optimal range of the turrets is and set that as your orbit...

And are they blasters or rails? With rails you'll have buckleys chance of hitting anything orbiting at that range...
There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.
#17 Posted: 2012.02.22 06:40  |  Edited by: Stu Thewolf
After fitting 2 trackers on my ship and keep a distance ( like 7500m ) from the target i was being able to finish the job ! thanks you verymuch guys !!!! you are the best !

btw what equipment i can fit in the rig slot please ?

[ You can also use the rigs to add tracking speed of your turrets. ] <== from NeoShocker.

thanks you guys !
#18 Posted: 2012.02.22 10:12
Brock Nelson wrote:
Isn't Target Painter for missiles?

Much like a MWD, being target painted increases sig radius, which is very useful for missiles, but also good for shooting smaller ships with bigger guns as it increases the base hit chance (before tracking, transversal ect. is taken into consideration).
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.
#19 Posted: 2012.02.22 10:33
Stu Thewolf wrote:

[ You can also use the rigs to add tracking speed of your turrets. ] <== from NeoShocker.

Hybrid Locus Coordinator I 15% Optimal
Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster I 15% Tracking
Hybrid Collision Accelerator I 10% Damage

You can fit up to 3 of the first 2 and 2 of the 3rd. Or on Col Accel and 2 of the Opt / Tracking.
Gallente Federation
#20 Posted: 2012.02.22 10:58
Are you using your guns at the optimal range?

Are you sure you aren't shooting at frigates in orbit?

Ignore the frigates when they are orbiting you, use your drones.

If for some reason you are missing shots at a cruiser orbiting, try to position yourself away and gain distance so he chases after you in a straight line. You should hit it again this way.

Also try to use Antimatter ammo in close ranges.
Vide longe er eros di Luminaire VII, uni canse pra krage e determiniex!
Sange por Sange!
Descanse bravex eros, mie freires. Mortir por vostre Liberete, farmilie, ide e amis.
lons Proviste sen mort! Luminaire liber mas! 
2 Pages12Next page