EVE Information Portal

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.2 Feedback

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Amarr Empire
#221 Posted: 2012.02.22 03:30
Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, just give us OPTION (in ESC menu pls) to lock overview on mouseover, so haters could hate and lovers could love. (i am lover btw)
I have enough problems navigating my ship as it is, no need to add "keep mouse moving too" things, i already playing Dance Revolution on keyboard when flying inties (default full speed shortcut, anyone?)...
Caldari State
#222 Posted: 2012.02.22 08:01  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
Strange Shadow wrote:
Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, just give us OPTION (in ESC menu pls) to lock overview on mouseover, so haters could hate and lovers could love. (i am lover btw)
I have enough problems navigating my ship as it is, no need to add "keep mouse moving too" things, i already playing Dance Revolution on keyboard when flying inties (default full speed shortcut, anyone?)...

You are 99% right. Really! But in 1% I must correct you. Lol
Implement this checkbox for this MouseOver-Lock not in the ESC-menue.. set it into the overview. The path would be:

Right click the symbol of the overview-> Open Overview Settings-> Tab Misc-> CHECKBOX-> disable Mousover Lock

Do not slap me please.. you got also a "LIKE" from me. P
Never mind.. yesterday I suggested also to implement this checkbox into the ESC-menue. Oops

addition: The default of this comming checkbox should be "disable mouseOver-Lock". CCP could implement a side note within the tutorials for setting the overview. I would really be interested of this tutorial. I would like to know how CCP explains this rubbish feature and why I should need / like it. What a pity! All that work for this feature and no one wants it. But this is the result if non playing developers think they could improve the game without asking the gamers. Roll
Drunk 'n' Disorderly
#223 Posted: 2012.02.22 11:01
Sigh..... I actually gasp at the staggering FAIL of CCP at times. Did they learn nothing from the Incana launch?? Do they forget those expensive lessons already???

Dont change what works! Dont change unless you are IMPROVING your product!

The new overview is a huge disability for people trying to solo, small gang, camp etc. Sure might work for the big fights in 0.0 but what about the direction of the game? What about NOT wanting to have the game be increasingly about numbers? The way the overview works now only benefits big fleet fights and hamstrings the rest.

Was the almost one second delay between a target appearing in space and a target appearing on a locked overview really not picked up in testing?

Lots of people have already said it but for gods sake CCP make this thing OPTIONAL! Like you had to make spaceship barbie OPTIONAL because everyone chose to look at that damned door instead of the crap you'd spent all that money on.
Pandemic Legion
#224 Posted: 2012.02.22 12:48
Tesker Flant wrote:
i see targets listed @0km on my d-scan and in space a couple seconds before my overview decides to show them. overview has gone from bad to worse

This was always the case, are you sure the delay increased that much?
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#225 Posted: 2012.02.22 15:30
Fade Toblack wrote:
^ that.

WTF!

So just as you narrow in on what you want, you stop moving your mouse and.... the overview reorders itself. Worst of both worlds!

I could live with order-locked on mouse-over, but this is going to drive me mental.


this.
#226 Posted: 2012.02.22 16:04
Lucas Quaan wrote:
Tesker Flant wrote:
i see targets listed @0km on my d-scan and in space a couple seconds before my overview decides to show them. overview has gone from bad to worse

This was always the case, are you sure the delay increased that much?



It has increased, yes. Can't tell how much but I rekon it did.
Minmatar Republic
#227 Posted: 2012.02.22 16:17  |  Edited by: Mia Trouble
I love it all, it's brilliant i hold down left ctrl then left click for my target and wtf thats not the target i wanted why did it just jump 3 spaces. sod that malarkey i'll zoom out and pick my target out of space at least i can get the one i want. your really killing the game for me...Ugh

Did you even test this or was it just a brain fart or maybe you were afk and your pet rat got out and walked all over the keyboard ?
I cant even contemplate how you can be so pleased with yourself was this an intentional underhand NERF

Quote:
customer takes car to garage to have some repairs done, when he goes to pick it up the mechanic says i've made some improvements to help you get to places quicker i cut the brakes so you dont have to stop. This is pretty much what's happening to eve


I just dont understand why none of the bugs that are already haunting us are being addressed. The devs are addament to fix them and trying to fix things that are not even broken, telling us its a good thing whats good about lack of functionality.

you heard the quote "build it and they will come"
How about "Destroy it and they will leave"
I am optimistically pessimistic 
Nulli Secunda
#228 Posted: 2012.02.22 17:28
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Thanks for the info, Master Akira.

I still have no repro but I made a minor change that goes in the next client update - we'll see if that makes any difference.



Well, whatever it was you did... didn't work.

In fact, one of the video crashes I had after the patch actually crashed my whole client (it didn't restore). That didn't happen before Ugh
#229 Posted: 2012.02.23 02:18
Eyor wrote:
yet another annoying patch that destroys things that weren't broken to begin with. why on earth would you freeze the overview anytime the mouse is over it? locking people's pod after their ship explodes or camping on a gate etc just became unnecessarily more difficult. clearly these patches are made by people who don't actually play the game.


Apsolutelly agree with Eyor..this UI overview fixing..just made alot mass.. 3 days i am clearing cash files re-isntaled graphic card drivers, wiping it again,talked with in game friends etc..reinstaled whole eve after all..and yet before i wanted to ask for assistance GM team, hmm i saw this! Give back, by distance FIXED windows NOW..i really dont wanna chase pods nor ships, nor wrecks..if this is 1 April foolsday joke ..u ARE way 2 early this year. Idea
Regards Ridjobradi
#230 Posted: 2012.02.23 07:54
What's truly disappointing is the lack of response from the developers to this thread.

There are dozens and dozens of posts about the overview, and not only is the issue not fixed, but they aren't showing the courage or accessibility to address this issue.

At least have the courage to tell us you're are or are not going to change it so we can move on. Ignoring clients is poor behavior on behalf of CCP.
Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.
Caldari State
#231 Posted: 2012.02.23 08:07  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
Ridjobradi wrote:
Eyor wrote:
yet another annoying patch that destroys things that weren't broken to begin with. why on earth would you freeze the overview anytime the mouse is over it? locking people's pod after their ship explodes or camping on a gate etc just became unnecessarily more difficult. clearly these patches are made by people who don't actually play the game.


Apsolutelly agree with Eyor..this UI overview fixing..just made alot mass.. 3 days i am clearing cash files re-isntaled graphic card drivers, wiping it again,talked with in game friends etc..reinstaled whole eve after all..and yet before i wanted to ask for assistance GM team, hmm i saw this! Give back, by distance FIXED windows NOW..i really dont wanna chase pods nor ships, nor wrecks..if this is 1 April foolsday joke ..u ARE way 2 early this year. Idea
Regards Ridjobradi


Hello Ridjobradi,

it is sad to hear, that you had so much trouble with this last crap-patch. But what makes me really angry is, that CCP do not give a statement to this situation. Again! They sit this sh!t out. What a cowardly and unworthy behavior.

CCP: You have now 12 pages into the feedback- and 10 pages into the issue thread. According Adam Ries... this is 22 pages of hate; and NO comment from you to this crap of Overlock sh!t? Why? I demand a explanation why do you force us with this crapsh!t mouseOver-Lock! What is it, that you like this fugg? And if you are NOT able to explain this; tell us the name of this id!ot who had this idea and fire him. He anyway disqualified himself as developer and is not useable for CCP. Clean up your dev-team and get rid of those losers.

You have your feedback and your known issues with this last patch. Act accordingly! Trash this mouseOver Lock or make it optional. You have only these two options. There is no third!

Did you ever heard about the slogan: The customer is always right?


CCP has the awkwarding vice, not to ask the customer, what he wants to have changed. Therefore you must calculate, that you have done sh!t and be prepared to roll back your bullsh!t. Or learn your lesson and ask us before you implement assumed good new features!!!
Roll back this crap to the last, known and stable Version. I want to have a useable overview with MY(!!!!!) chosen sortings again! Not this sh!t with a incalculable lock and a absolute NOT (0%) usable but unlogical sorting. Damned!
#232 Posted: 2012.02.23 09:19
Callidus Dux wrote:

Did you ever heard about the slogan: The customer is always right?



Once u have been working as a salesperson of any sort, or just done something that has anything to do with customers, you learn that they are f*cking ALWAYS wrong. Dumbass stupid customers.
Caldari State
#233 Posted: 2012.02.23 09:23
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Callidus Dux wrote:

Did you ever heard about the slogan: The customer is always right?



Once u have been working as a salesperson of any sort, or just done something that has anything to do with customers, you learn that they are f*cking ALWAYS wrong. Dumbass stupid customers.



22 pages of hate can't be wrong. They show a trend.
#234 Posted: 2012.02.23 09:26
Callidus Dux wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Callidus Dux wrote:

Did you ever heard about the slogan: The customer is always right?



Once u have been working as a salesperson of any sort, or just done something that has anything to do with customers, you learn that they are f*cking ALWAYS wrong. Dumbass stupid customers.



22 pages of hate can't be wrong. They show a trend.


And the government was elected by the people, thereby doing what the people think is right, and the government is always right, right?
Caldari State
#235 Posted: 2012.02.23 09:37  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
Hannott Thanos wrote:
And the government was elected by the people, thereby doing what the people think is right, and the government is always right, right?


LOL! Since when does the government do, what the peoples want?
#236 Posted: 2012.02.23 09:52  |  Edited by: Hannott Thanos
My point exactly. Customers/people have no clue what they want
#237 Posted: 2012.02.23 09:52
Overview´ delay is still there and its still a pain in the ass
Eliminate Cloack + MWD trick/exploit
Caldari State
#238 Posted: 2012.02.23 10:03  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
Hannott Thanos wrote:
My point exactly. Customers/people have no clue what they want


All I wanted to say is, that the last change with the overview was bad and really not wanted. CCP should roll back to a version which can every one can live with or at least make all these dumb changes optional. CCP cant even explain, what they want with this mouseOver-Lock and why this sh!t is soooo god and why they want to force this to us.
Unnecessary, irritating and annoying. Nothing more. Therefore.. ROLL BACK!
What should a random delayed and not logical sorted overview bring? We had a functionality overview since last week and the "CTRL" button on our keyboards to lock the overview... WHEN WE WANT.
Now we have crap.
#239 Posted: 2012.02.23 10:55
Hannott Thanos wrote:
My point exactly. Customers/people have no clue what they want

I know what I want. A functional overview without delay, and I had it until CCP ****** it
Eliminate Cloack + MWD trick/exploit
#240 Posted: 2012.02.23 12:10
LuisWu wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:
My point exactly. Customers/people have no clue what they want

I know what I want. A functional overview without delay, and I had it until CCP ****** it


What you also had, was an overview that only updated once every 2.5 seconds, as where now, it updates every second, so it is actually a lot less laggy than it was before the patch.
Forum Jump