EVE Technology Lab

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

4 PagesPrevious page1234Next page
 

Killboards: what additional data would be cool?

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Northern Coalition.
#21 Posted: 2012.02.24 03:58  |  Edited by: Tazarak theDeceiver
I think in general I'd like a scoreboard. An official killboards, of sorts, even though I realize this is controversial. I don't know why it is, but everyone just tells me it is.

I'd like to look on the Eve website and see which top 100 or 1,000 individuals:

a) had the moth deathblows in a week
b) participated in the most kills
c) killed the most isk/lost the most isk
d) scored the most 'points' (although I'm still not sure how the killmails calculate points, whatever they are)
e) had the highest kill to loss ratio, isk killes to loss ratio

And for corporations and alliances:

a) Who killed the most, destroyed the most isk, etc.
b) Which corps killed the most per member. Which corps killed the least per member.
c) rankings for most sovereignty gained, lost or held

I want to phone my brother in law in the midwest and chest thump about how I dominated him in the previous week and his crappy corp blows.

That data is all there. Give us rankings!

p.s. I love the idea of a dps graph or timeline from beginning of engagement to the kill. Player A took 40,000 damage in 4 seconds by 20 players versus 40,000 damage against 20 players over 5 minutes are totally different fights.


edit
/page
Brave Collective
#22 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:14
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Logis onto killmails. Yesterday. Every time a logi fits a gun for harvesting killmails, god kills a kitten.


Very much this. This will have two pro's.

Dedicated Logi pilots will get recognition, and those that use logi will have the logi they used listed.
The Unthinkables
#23 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:39
Pod's clone grade should be included in kill mail, and would give pod kills an actual value.
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#24 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:41
Tazarak theDeceiver wrote:
I think in general I'd like a scoreboard. An official killboards, of sorts, even though I realize this is controversial. I don't know why it is, but everyone just tells me it is.


Opt in, of course.
Northern Coalition.
#25 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:44
Shade Millith wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Logis onto killmails. Yesterday. Every time a logi fits a gun for harvesting killmails, god kills a kitten.


Very much this. This will have two pro's.

Dedicated Logi pilots will get recognition, and those that use logi will have the logi they used listed.


Most damage reps per hour logged in would be a great stat.... differentiating pve vs pvp damage of course.

Northern Coalition.
#26 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:46
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Tazarak theDeceiver wrote:
I think in general I'd like a scoreboard. An official killboards, of sorts, even though I realize this is controversial. I don't know why it is, but everyone just tells me it is.


Opt in, of course.


Maybe you could explain to me your thought process? is it just that you don't play Eve to kill other people? noob tears don't lubricate your psyche? I'm just curious, really.

And, I of course, agree. You should be able to /anonymous your stats if you feel the desire to.
#27 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:49
Official Killboard, please.

API verification doesn't work when you're not the one getting the killing blow, which is often.
Against ALL Authorities
#28 Posted: 2012.02.24 04:56
Probably the only thing I really care about is finding a method to get friendly logistics to show up on enemy km's.

You will a lot of HTFU responses about it, but the simple fact is many people refuse to fly logistics because they never get any e-honor cause they never show up on KM's.

Basically, If you rep someone who kills someone else, you should get some in game "killmail" for it.
Fidelas Constans
#29 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:01  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
* Fixed damage numbers.
* Fixed involved parties in large fights (have 900 people bash a TCU, onlu 200 or so get on the mail).
* Fixed POS killmails (shoot all the POS structures, you only get on like half of them. Shoot the stick only, you get on all the mails.)
* Logistics on killmails.
* Scouts on killmails (yes, good luck).
* "Kill"mails for reinforcing structures.
* Involved parties persisting even after a jump.
* Killmails for selfdetructed ships. Selfdestruction should be noted on the killmail.
* Send killmails to more people. Currently if the victim and the last hitter both disappear, there is no killmail, even if 100 other people are involved. Send a mail to everybody who got on the kill.
* Get everybody involved in the fight on a mail, not just the three tards with two racks full of sebos.

* Ideally, replace the individual killmail system with a complex battle report system, which enumerates all the involved parties, kills, and losses on a fleet/alliance level, not individually.
Caldari State
#30 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:02
Adding to the call for logis on killmails.
Northern Coalition.
#31 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:04
ShadowandLight wrote:
Probably the only thing I really care about is finding a method to get friendly logistics to show up on enemy km's.

You will a lot of HTFU responses about it, but the simple fact is many people refuse to fly logistics because they never get any e-honor cause they never show up on KM's.

Basically, If you rep someone who kills someone else, you should get some in game "killmail" for it.


The archetype 'healers' should get half the 'points' at least for a kill. They enable it to happen.

With that said, I still don't understand how the killboards assign points. Is it the ship killed or hte skill points of the player?? I don't understand.

Point Blank Alliance
#32 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:58
KB points aren't on CCP's end. "Points" are determined by the developer of the individual KB.



I would like to see logis and gang boosts appear on KMs. The reasoning should be obvious.
#33 Posted: 2012.02.24 06:03  |  Edited by: Petrus Blackshell
I approve of fixing the "None"s and "Unknowns", damage values, verification, logis, and other weird quirks, but...

Killboards need less information, not more. Remove the fitting of the victim altogether. I don't know what it is about the giant fiery explosion of a ship that tells you about exactly what modules it had on it (even those that were destroyed) when you couldn't do the same when the ship was intact. In the same vein of thought, adding implants onto podmails was also wrong, despite how fun it is to laugh at the poor sop who just lost a +5 set. Ed: Showing the dropped mods is fine.

This change would remove efficiency grinding as a reason to PvP (and a motivation to blob), and promote more innovative fitting and more risk-taking.

(Ready for flames)
Rifterlings - newbie-friendly swashbuckling corp ("weflyrifters" in-game channel). Join today! www.rifterlings.com

Accidentally The Whole Frigate (blog) - Learning how to pew pew, one loss at a time - www.thewholefrigate.com
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#34 Posted: 2012.02.24 06:15
Tazarak theDeceiver wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Tazarak theDeceiver wrote:
I think in general I'd like a scoreboard. An official killboards, of sorts, even though I realize this is controversial. I don't know why it is, but everyone just tells me it is.


Opt in, of course.


Maybe you could explain to me your thought process? is it just that you don't play Eve to kill other people? noob tears don't lubricate your psyche? I'm just curious, really.

And, I of course, agree. You should be able to /anonymous your stats if you feel the desire to.



Killboards reveal intel.

Like where you've been killing folks. Or what kind of folks have been dying in a particular system. If it's on for everyone, that's a huge faucet of intel.


Aside from that, I can just hear the creis of outrage, echoing back through time, if it's not optional.
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#35 Posted: 2012.02.24 06:18
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
* Fixed damage numbers.
* Fixed involved parties in large fights (have 900 people bash a TCU, onlu 200 or so get on the mail).
* Fixed POS killmails (shoot all the POS structures, you only get on like half of them. Shoot the stick only, you get on all the mails.)
* Logistics on killmails.
* Scouts on killmails (yes, good luck).
* "Kill"mails for reinforcing structures.
* Involved parties persisting even after a jump.
* Killmails for selfdetructed ships. Selfdestruction should be noted on the killmail.
* Send killmails to more people. Currently if the victim and the last hitter both disappear, there is no killmail, even if 100 other people are involved. Send a mail to everybody who got on the kill.
* Get everybody involved in the fight on a mail, not just the three tards with two racks full of sebos.

* Ideally, replace the individual killmail system with a complex battle report system, which enumerates all the involved parties, kills, and losses on a fleet/alliance level, not individually.



Maybe some way to assign roles (non-functional, purely information) in a fleet, so you can mark someone as a scout, or logi, so they get mentioned on any kill mail from that fleet?
#36 Posted: 2012.02.24 06:22
For the victim:
All effects at the time the ship exploded (# of points, scrams, neuts, webs, ewar, cyno, cloak, gang boosts etc)
Speed and sig radius of the ship

For each player involved:
Fleet name, names of FC, WC, SC (likely controversial)
List all offensive effects applied to target and associated damage (or cap drain)

Turn the killmail into an extensible XML object, so you can easily push upgrades while retaining backwards compatibility. Use item-id's instead of item names. The eve client should include a killmail viewer utility that behaves similar to ship fittings. If you get killed, you should be able to drag your killmail on to an intel channel where everyone can see it. You should be able to right-click and save a fitting from a KM linked in a chat. You should be able to right-click on each mod in a KM and look up the price.

Greater Western Co-Prosperity Sphere
#37 Posted: 2012.02.24 07:12
CCP Greyscale wrote:

What sorts of data could we provide to make killboards better?


From the work I have done on EDK over the years, here is a list of what I would like to see from the API.

Correct the unknown ship issues.
On occasion, when a pilot was involved in an attack and then killed, it appears on the kill mail as his capsule doing the damage! If he was also poded, it would show as unknown.

Fix the damage records.
Once I was attacked by a dread, I know I had taken over 10 minutes of abuse (Damn is siege, yay for triage!) and eventually died. It reported as me taking 800k damage. I knew this wasn't right as I was just under my maximum tank for 10 minutes (8k dps tank for 4 min(without overheat), so he was doing about 5-6k dps = 3.6 million damage for 10 min)

Fix the weapon field
Often it will say you used your ship, or a piece of ammunition to kill your enemy. What did they do? Hop out of the ship and beat them to death with a piece of titanium sabot! Did they ram their ship into them till he died? I want what turret they used! Why not have it so that it shows up at "weapon that causes damage : ammunition used". For weapons that use no ammo but damage or warp disrupt, just go straight up and say "warp disrupter II". I can elaborate more...

Fix the loot...
If they had a Secure container named "I hate you" I think it should be in the killmail, same with bookmarks.
Why not, for containers "I hate you : Giant Secure Container" and for bookmarks, "I hate you : Bookmark"


As I see it, the information the api gives on killmails are great, but they need to be made more accurate.
Fix what you have, then see about making something new!

On another note, I would love to have the IGB upgraded to use java and adobe flash!


Gary
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#38 Posted: 2012.02.24 07:28  |  Edited by: Project 69

  • for the fun of it.... killed crew members, we know ships don't only run on love
  • BPO/BPC ?
  • Add a battlerecorder, add link to the battle of that ship

Lol
Free 2 Play
#39 Posted: 2012.02.24 08:58
chat me up on fanfest, i've a few ideas how to solve some of the problems i mentioned earlier.
3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications
Goonswarm Federation
#40 Posted: 2012.02.24 09:16  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi Logi !!

a) To stop the need to mail *****
b) To stop so many highsec failtards getting a "solo kill" when in reality they had 4 guardians, incoming cap and tracking links. This should all be shown so we can point and laugh.

edit: perhaps also show what character / ship was applying active boosts at the time? I have no problem with people using ganglinks, but being able to see this fact is useful.
"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual, issued in the 1930
4 PagesPrevious page1234Next page
Forum Jump