EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page
 

Is a character Bann always permanent??

Author
Amarr Empire
#1 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:00
Hi guys.

I did something bad. I told a high sec suicide pirate I was going to come to his house and tear him in half like paper.

Now I've been banned from Eve. I'm using this trial character to post this.

I'm curious, who can I talk to about the possibility of coming back to Eve? I appologized to a GM about the incident and promised it would never happen again, but I'm slightly doubtful that is going to help.

Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else ever had any experience with something like this?

I've been playing Eve for years, and I was just about to be able to fly a carrier, so I certainly don't feel like starting over. If my character can't return, then I won't return.

I wasn't really going to tear someone in half like paper. I only weigh 120 pounds, so I don't think I'll ever be tearing anyone in half.

I was playing eve a lot, so I'm rather sad that I've been banned.

Any advice other than never telling someone you're going to tear them in half??
#2 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:25
Prob temporary, but i dunno for how long...
The Drake is a Lie
Amarr Empire
#3 Posted: 2012.02.24 05:49
I hope it's not too much longer. I have four POS's that will run out of fuel on Saturday night. Alltogether, they contain over 1.2 billion in reacted materials.
#4 Posted: 2012.02.24 08:32
Yes, ban is likely temp. but can't say for how long. The only option is to contact CCP for that.

Tip of the year: Think before you act. So think what you are about to say before you do, your words have consequences in game. (bans, wardecs, making enemies etc.)
Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Ever wanted to PvP but can't find people to fly with.
Look no further and this chat: Redemption Road
#5 Posted: 2012.02.24 09:27
Real life threats are a good way to get a vacation from the game. Hope you learned something...

As for ban length, you need to petition CCP and ask. They won't discuss bans on forums.
C C P Alliance
#6 Posted: 2012.02.24 10:22
The type of ban is listed when you try to log in, and in case of temporary bans it will also tell you until when the ban is active. However, no matter the type of ban, one is always able to still contact us to present his case and appeal a ban. But as mentioned by others in this thread already, this has to be done via the petition system and not through the forums.
GM Karidor | Senior Game Master
#7 Posted: 2012.02.24 18:58
Spece Dregan wrote:
Has anyone else ever had any experience with something like this?


Yes, I do. I got somebody banned for the same reason then you got banned after I busted his little mining operation in Mai (I kid you not!). He was back after 3 days to apologise.

Spece Dregan wrote:
Any advice other than never telling someone you're going to tear them in half??


Let me say it with The Sniper:

Be polite! Be efficient! Have a plan to kill everyone you meet!
If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.
#8 Posted: 2012.02.25 00:36
Spece Dregan wrote:
Any advice other than never telling someone you're going to tear them in half??



I did some google-fu and this came up:

http://www.amazon.com/Potter-Pig-Control-Stories-Management/dp/1575430843/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330130069&sr=1-11

Hope this helps.

Forum-unbanned since 2011.10.20.

Mangala Solaris for CSM 9
Ineluctable.
#9 Posted: 2012.02.26 23:12
This is both sad and funny...Funny because you told him you were going to tear him in half, and the fact that the kid actually reported you for it...Sad because you actually got banned.

I mean seriously, who gets banned for a threat that doesn't even make any sense unless you actually know the person IRL and you guys are joking around.

He's a capsuleer darnit, shouldn't be afraid of being torn in half :D

Anyhow, petition to check how long or maybe just explain that it was in an act of rage because you got killed.

People say and do stupid things when mad, sorry to hear but atleast you made someone smile because of what you did :D
#10 Posted: 2012.02.27 00:27
its not cause you said you were going to tear him in half

its cause you said you were going to go to his house

next time say your going to go to his house and hug him really really hard

might not get so banned

#11 Posted: 2012.02.28 14:40
Agustice Arterius wrote:
its not cause you said you were going to tear him in half

its cause you said you were going to go to his house

next time say your going to go to his house and hug him really really hard

might not get so banned


and he will be scared for life xD


Rule number 2 in EVE: act as polite as possible, but act as hard as needed. Twisted

(btw: such tears are one reason why ppl gank other ppl in Highsec. they are delicious)
#12 Posted: 2012.03.02 02:45
J'Poll wrote:
Yes, ban is likely temp. but can't say for how long. The only option is to contact CCP for that.

Tip of the year: Think before you act. So think what you are about to say before you do, your words have consequences in game. (bans, wardecs, making enemies etc.)


Anything that touches upon real life tends to have much more severe consqequences than stuff that stays in-game.

Threats of physical violence. Probably threats to hack too. Don't do those, ever. Do anything you want in-game. Be a total ******* towards other players, if it helps you get a boner. But keep it in-game.
General Tso's Alliance
#13 Posted: 2012.03.02 19:55
You will never get in trouble for making someones life a living hell in game.
(PS this is way more fun because it induces more tears the the later).

You will get in trouble if you talk about making someones life hell in real life.
#14 Posted: 2012.03.03 08:38  |  Edited by: malaire
Jouron wrote:
You will never get in trouble for making someones life a living hell in game.
(PS this is way more fun because it induces more tears the the later).

Not true.

"There are certain forms of griefing that can get you banned from the game. These include (but probably are not limited to) can baiting in rookie systems and certain forms of verbal harassment."

From http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Griefing
New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else
Gallente Federation
#15 Posted: 2012.03.03 16:52
Spece Dregan wrote:
I have four POS's that will run out of fuel on Saturday night. Alltogether, they contain over 1.2 billion in reacted materials.


sure give me the location and i take care of it
I don't always post, But when i post I do it with my main
Amarr Empire
#16 Posted: 2012.03.03 19:10  |  Edited by: Spece Dregan
gfldex wrote:
Spece Dregan wrote:
Has anyone else ever had any experience with something like this?


[quote=Spece Dregan][quote=gfidx]Yes, I do. I got somebody banned for the same reason then you got banned after I busted his little mining operation in Mai (I kid you not!). He was back after 3 days to apologise.




That's really fast. It's been 11 days since I got banned. 10 days since my first petition, and 4 days since my second petition, and I still have not gotten any reply at all.

Usually, when I've had a technical problem, I get a petition reply within like 30 hours. Is it typical for Ban petitions to take so long to get a reply?
#17 Posted: 2012.03.08 16:53
Spece Dregan wrote:

Usually, when I've had a technical problem, I get a petition reply within like 30 hours. Is it typical for Ban petitions to take so long to get a reply?


It's prety much a procedural thing: they have to investigate the circumstances, which means combing through chatlogs and connection data (for him as well as you). Once they do that, they have to determine if the ban was validly executed, or if the circumstances might have warranted a lesser penalty.

Bottom line, folks (as some have mentioned here):

Watch what you say, online or off. If that threat had been anything more severe than 'tear you in half', it might have come to the attention of police or federal officers (and they do watch forums like this), both of which are a whole galaxy full of trouble that you really don't want.
I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....
#18 Posted: 2012.03.08 17:25
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Watch what you say, online or off. If that threat had been anything more severe than 'tear you in half', it might have come to the attention of police or federal officers (and they do watch forums like this), both of which are a whole galaxy full of trouble that you really don't want.


Ophelia watches you....
Forum-unbanned since 2011.10.20.

Mangala Solaris for CSM 9
#19 Posted: 2012.03.08 23:12
malaire wrote:
Jouron wrote:
You will never get in trouble for making someones life a living hell in game.
(PS this is way more fun because it induces more tears the the later).

Not true.

"There are certain forms of griefing that can get you banned from the game. These include (but probably are not limited to) can baiting in rookie systems and certain forms of verbal harassment."

From http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Griefing



totally, true but a friend of mine is being chased by someone who holds a grudge for 5 years now in-game.

He petitioned CCP cause it makes playing the game impossible for him, CCP's response: nothing we can do as he is using legit game mechanics.

So you will need a really really solid case against the guy before CCP actually interupts.
Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Ever wanted to PvP but can't find people to fly with.
Look no further and this chat: Redemption Road
#20 Posted: 2012.03.08 23:16
Spece Dregan wrote:

That's really fast. It's been 11 days since I got banned. 10 days since my first petition, and 4 days since my second petition, and I still have not gotten any reply at all.

Usually, when I've had a technical problem, I get a petition reply within like 30 hours. Is it typical for Ban petitions to take so long to get a reply?


That's also because CCP uses a definition in petitions of which requires more need to be looked into as soon as possible.

A player stuck inside a mission or something that breaks the game requires more attention of CCP (as it is related to the actual game at that time) then something less important like finding out if your ban is legit. This also because finding out if your ban is legit takes a longer time then just to quickly resets some stuff for a player so he can do the mission.
Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Ever wanted to PvP but can't find people to fly with.
Look no further and this chat: Redemption Road
2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump