Somethin Awfull Forums
#21 Posted: 2012.02.25 00:31
Killstealing wrote:
those goons sure sound like something awful

Not even close.
#22 Posted: 2012.02.25 01:44  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Vyl Vit wrote:
Their presence is a matter of indifference to me.

Your huge spergy post about us would indicate otherwise.

I love it when you miss the point so entirely, which is usually. To quote a famous phrase:
You couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.
I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility toward every form of tyranny over the mind of man. 
#23 Posted: 2012.02.25 01:47  |  Edited by: Pok Nibin
Gogela wrote:
Of the zillionish posts I've read about Goons... I still don't see what all the fuss is about. What are they doing that anyone else couldn't do?

Roll

I think that was the point of the OP. Derp.
Dont fight it; Rejoin your Amarrian patriarchs; You know you want to.
Goonswarm Federation
#24 Posted: 2012.02.25 01:51
Gogela wrote:
Of the zillionish posts I've read about Goons... I still don't see what all the fuss is about. What are they doing that anyone else couldn't do?

Roll

Making good posts.

The pubbies are jealous of our clearly superior posting prowess.
#25 Posted: 2012.02.25 01:54
Triskian wrote:
Gogela wrote:

Roll

Making good posts.

The pubbies are jealous of our clearly superior posting prowess.

You didn't have to push it into the Nausea Zone.
I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility toward every form of tyranny over the mind of man. 
#26 Posted: 2012.02.25 02:00
Gogela wrote:

Roll

they do quite a bit few if any other alliances are really capable of.

what stands out most is honestly how free-spirited and hands off their culture can be, yet when needed, they buckle up hardcore and become one hell of a disciplined fighting force. it makes no sense but it works. I credit incredible leadership.
#27 Posted: 2012.02.25 02:03  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Akirei Scytale wrote:

what stands out most is honestly how free-spirited and hands off their culture can be, yet when needed, they buckle up hardcore and become one hell of a disciplined fighting force. it makes no sense but it works. I credit incredible leadership.

Mittani for CSM, ~my ceo~ ~commissar~

There were some amazing ~goodifghts~ when Raiden./PL attacked branch but they timed it so many people in US TZ couldn't get in. But we managed to get them with the loss of many drakes! Mittani must have some devious strategy to make sure we give them better than we got.
^^ Delicious goon ((tech nerf, siphon, drone assist, supercap)) tears.

Taking a wrecking ball to the futile hopes and broken dreams of skillless blobbers.
#28 Posted: 2012.02.25 02:07
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Mittani for CSM, ~my ceo~ ~commissar~

There were some amazing ~goodifghts~ when Raiden./PL attacked branch but they timed it so much people in US TZ couldn't get in. But soon we get to pick times to attack, yay!

You do realize the folks posting on this thread aren't so stupid as to think Mittani amounts to anything but to Goons, and since Goons don't have the sense God gave to a goose, you're better off voting for a rock. Oh...you didn't have the sense to realize that. Point taken.
Dont fight it; Rejoin your Amarrian patriarchs; You know you want to.
Loosely Affiliated Pirates Alliance
#29 Posted: 2012.02.25 06:38  |  Edited by: Gogela
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Gogela wrote:

Roll

Right. They do this. ...but there's nothing preventing anyone from doing the same. They just don't. ...and actually I have to admit total ignorance because save side stepping a few scams and bouncing through a few bubbles, I really don't know thing one about 'em, but from what you describe it sounds like they are having fun. Whatevs. I'm sorry I wasted anyone's time who read any of my posts in this or like threads. It sounds like haters gonna hate sums it all up. I was in a fleet for whatever reason where mittens was FC one time and f*** that guy (i didn't even know who he was until months later), but otherwise /ignore
cockandballs. Every. Time. EvE Spaceship Guide Works in game only and not updated often
#30 Posted: 2012.02.25 09:01
Gogela wrote:
...I was in a fleet for whatever reason where mittens was FC one time and f*** that guy (i didn't even know who he was until months later), but otherwise /ignore

Oh. Him. He's the poster child for Anal/Cranial Inversion. He lucked into a situation he now calls his own. Most of his minions haven't been here long enough to know it wasn't him who did it all. It was the guy their website adulates as Adolph...as though bringing up that guy is intended to only extend threads...according to Mitt. But, hey. He's so like Mitt. His mom folds his underwear...still. Go figure.
#31 Posted: 2012.02.25 09:09
Goons are the only thing left that create some drama in EvE (and they know how to use drama and visibility very well). Otherwise you'd notice how little else is going on.
Goonswarm Federation
#32 Posted: 2012.02.25 11:51
Vyl Vit wrote:

TL;DR? Take remedial reading courses and hope for the best.

is remedial running reading courses now?
Star Forged Souls
#33 Posted: 2012.02.25 12:17
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Aiwha wrote:
iirc, Goons have already lost all their space twice.(once because they forgot to pay their sov bills) Because they're not an EVE based community, they will never truly dissolve.

Deklein was also given to them. They didn't work for it at all. Handed to them on a silver platter for nothing.

Confirming all CFC space was handed over pleasantly and with a handshake, Fountain, Fade, Branch, all of it, just handed right over, I know, I was there.
Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.
Gallente Federation
#34 Posted: 2012.02.25 12:18
What are "Goons" ?
Goonswarm Federation
#35 Posted: 2012.02.25 12:34  |  Edited by: Andski
Aiwha wrote:
iirc, Goons have already lost all their space twice.(once because they forgot to pay their sov bills) Because they're not an EVE based community, they will never truly dissolve.

Deklein was also given to them. They didn't work for it at all. Handed to them on a silver platter for nothing.

Tell me more about the trials and conquests of the infamous Tragedy. alliance.

Edit: oh, nevermind. ex-own guy, lawl
Twitter: @EVEAndski

TheMittani.com: The premier source for news, commentary and discussion of EVE Online and other games of interest. 
#36 Posted: 2012.02.25 13:05

whatever you say space barbie lover
TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."
Naquatech Syndicate
#37 Posted: 2012.02.25 14:07
COAD that wayArrow
Gallente Federation
#38 Posted: 2012.02.25 14:52  |  Edited by: Franklin D Roosevelt
The problem with goons is that they have a lot of CCP devs in their pockets and a lot of their directorate secretly works for CCP. Their former CEO is now in charge of security at CCP (Darius Johnson = CCP Sreegs). It doesn't take much to see that there is something fishy going on... Goons web developer SOLODRAKBAN has an interesting role in all this too. On an unrelated note the new eve website looks really nice...

Trust me goons might be good or might be bad but the average mining simulator pubby will never have the same pull as them. I think that miners and low sec pirates and industrialists and other boring carebear types should rise up and demand equal rights.

Andski, who I see is posting in this thread also, recently got CCP to make sweeping changes that puts newbies at risk of evil goon scam artists. All he had to do is make one thread and about 2 posts in it before a CCP dev came and responded. Ask yourself when is the last time you made a thread about suicide ganking and a CCP dev said anything... Ask yourself why he has this undue influence. Ask yourself why goons fly in CCP devs every year for a private goon summit in the US... Why did CCP Sreegs name his son Alex after The MIttani?
Goonswarm Federation
#39 Posted: 2012.02.25 15:01
This level of tinfoil is adorable.
Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat
Gallente Federation
#40 Posted: 2012.02.25 15:07
Lord Zim wrote:
This level of tinfoil is adorable.

The writing is written on the wall so big that you have to step back to see it. Take off your blinders and see the big picture.
5 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page