EVE General Discussion

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

13 PagesPrevious page12345Next pageLast page

Is this Fanfest public behavior actually okay? Are there any limits?

Author
The G0dfathers
#41 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:36
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
Wow you represent me ? F**k. Oh well teaches me to vote next time.

Pubbies say this every year and next year you won't vote either.

Ahh the plebs speak. Voter apathy for the win Lol
#42 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:37
To answer the OP

Yes it is

Many ThanksBig smile
Goonswarm Federation
#43 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:40
Sadly, it looks like the OP saw he's being ridiculed for making a dumb post on the internet and isn't coming back to the thread.
The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.
Caldari State
#44 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:40
I didnt read the other thread on this, but if the story is true and if i were the victim, living in the US (or any other country with similar laws), i'd sue CCP for US-$ 500.000.000,00 for intentionally inflicting emotional distress. Sometimes people even win such cases.

An article to begin with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress
Goonswarm Federation
#45 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:40
0oO0oOoOo0o wrote:
I didnt read the other thread on this, but if the story is true and if i were the victim, living in the US (or any other country with similar laws), i'd sue CCP for US-$ 500.000.000,00 for intentionally inflicting emotional distress. Sometimes people even win such cases.

An article to begin with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress

Like most internet law professionals you have no idea what you're talking about.
Goonswarm Federation
#46 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:42
What about this.

We have all been laughing at a noob titan pilot (really, wtf and pathetic) who was unable to fit the proper damage mod to his guns. Would anyone be out of line for saying to an audience, "Send this guy an eve mail and congratulate him on the fullness of his mental capacity"?

I don't think so. I guess the argument is teasing vs. bullying; Everyone needs to be able to take some teasing, learn some humility, and such. Rote and brutal harassment is not good, however. Sometimes it is hard to discern the difference, and certainly the line is sometimes crossed.

If you can't take people laughing at you for making dumb mistakes, then you should probably stop playing this game.
The Kadeshi
#47 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:46  |  Edited by: Thomas Abernathy
The Mittani wrote:
It's pretty funny that you have people watching a TV stream who have never been to Fanfest trying to wag their fingers and cluck as if this is Hello Kitty Online. This is EVE, and Fanfest is a drunken, shambolic revel - it always has been, if you've been to one.

Crying about people being drunk and partying at Fanfest is like crying about suicide ganking and nonconsensual PvP in the client itself.

Well I didn't watch the stream, but from all the posting, sounds like your the perfect king to this circus.....Oops

Oh, and I should say to OP, Goon's are famous for personal attacks on live people...see Ladie Harlot....Lol
"Fighting CCD since 2139"
Caldari State
#48 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:47
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Like most internet law professionals you have no idea what you're talking about.

And you have an extremely ugly avatar face. Do yourself (and the rest of the forum community) a favour and end yourself (in game).
Goonswarm Federation
#49 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:49
0oO0oOoOo0o wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

And you have an extremely ugly avatar face. Do yourself (and the rest of the forum community) a favour and end yourself (in game).

Straight from internet lawyering to personal attacks. Classy.
#50 Posted: 2012.03.25 17:59  |  Edited by: Kaivar Lancer
Hi CCP. Just so you know that I'll be letting my subscriptions lapse. The Alliance Panel et al was a disgrace. Recently, I heard that Goons scammed 80billion isk from a suicidal player who ended up in hospital. **** this. You aspies can go **** yourselves. I'm out of here.
Goonswarm Federation
#51 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:07
Also, I didn't suggest that people evemail the guy. I suggested that they run locator agents on him and blow up his Mackinaws - which is exactly what locators are for.

~hi~
#52 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:12  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
In before little bee damage control.

Damn!

Too late.

Mr Epeen Cool
There are 86,400 seconds in a day. You just saved one of them by typing 'u' instead of 'you'.  Congratulations, dumbass!
The Kadeshi
#53 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:14
Ladie Harlot wrote:
0oO0oOoOo0o wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Straight from internet lawyering to personal attacks. Classy.

Pot? Kettle? Black?
"Fighting CCD since 2139"
Caldari State
#54 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:18
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Killer Gandry wrote:
You can always petition it under ToS 1:

Speaking of petitions, how did yours go after the Recruitment MOTD scandal?

Sorry to tell you that any communications between CCP and a player are not to be published.
Caldari State
#55 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:21
The Mittani wrote:
Also, I didn't suggest that people evemail the guy. I suggested that they run locator agents on him and blow up his Mackinaws - which is exactly what locators are for.

Still can be classified as harrassement.
Calling for harrassing people doesn't make you less responsible. But you don't care anyways so not going to discuss further with the likes of you.
Amarr Empire
#56 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:29
So is this video up anywhere yet?

A pic http://www.evenews247.com/2012/03/fanfest-2012-alliance-panel/ doesn't really get the point across as it stands.
Minmatar Republic
#57 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:36
Those that find this behaviour unacceptable should contact CCP and respectfully voice their protest. It does not matter if action is taken or not, no one of goodwill should be silent here.

God Bless
#58 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:37
The Mittani wrote:

Dude you delibaretly targeted ingame someone you where aware was mentally unstable.....

Really

Are you proud of the outcome as well and would do the same thing again ?

YOU MUST THINK FIRST....

"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion

The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar
Goonswarm Federation
#59 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:44
Professor Alphane wrote:
Dude you delibaretly targeted ingame someone you where aware was mentally unstable.....

Really

Are you proud of the outcome as well and would do the same thing again ?

Are we supposed to go out and get a psych evaluation for each person in-game before we blow up their ship?

Keep in mind, the evemail that was published was sent from the miner to Mittens...it's not like we hacked this guy's computer.
Goonswarm Federation
#60 Posted: 2012.03.25 18:45
Killer Gandry wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Killer Gandry wrote:
You can always petition it under ToS 1:

Speaking of petitions, how did yours go after the Recruitment MOTD scandal?

Sorry to tell you that any communications between CCP and a player are not to be published.

Haha you either got ignored or told off. Excellent.
13 PagesPrevious page12345Next pageLast page