EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
176 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Barge Fairy Tale

First post First post
Author
#1 - 2012-07-26 01:50:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Herr Wilkus
***DISCLAIMER: This OP was originally longer, more entertaining, and actually made sense.
Here is the link to the original on eve-search.
Eve Search: its where you go if you want to see the full context of a thread before its mangled beyond recognition.

Cargo Hulk, Yield Hulk, Tank Hulk, those were the choices - all with drawbacks.

Cargo - for a Hybrid Exhumer/Hauler, with a risky AFK 'cruise control' option.
Yield - to maximize returns with friends providing transport.
Tank - 30-40K EHP to discourage/thwart gankers.
(and really, one could still put up a reasonable tank on either Cargo or Yield fit Hulks, if they used the mid-slots....Roll)

But choices are dangerous things. Given the choice, miners will take cargo/yield every time - and then they are ganked. The rare, clever miner who tanked his Hulk; well, he weathered the storm - and reaped the benefits as mineral prices rose.

But throw that out the window, just give the whining miners all three.

So, good game, CCP.
Good to know we are still steaming, full speed ahead! - towards Hello-Kitty highsec, a paradise for stupid gameplay.

Edit: Trolling removed, CCP Phantom
#2 - 2012-07-26 01:58:57 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
Oh he mad.


But is he wrong?

Nope.

Fitted properly, a Hulk cannot be profitably ganked.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

#3 - 2012-07-26 01:58:59 UTC
Nice to see the miner knows to overheat his invuls.

Every change leaves the badguys just about to fall.

We just need more coalitions to exist to destroy them, more legions to be paid off, more lasersov, more something!!

#4 - 2012-07-26 02:20:48 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Marconus Orion wrote:
Oh he mad.


But is he wrong?

Nope.

Fitted properly, a Hulk cannot be profitably ganked.

How about a fleet of 30ish velators w/ cheap blasters?
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-07-26 02:21:32 UTC
Sounds like someone needs a box of tissues as they are to stupid to adapt to the changes?

Shoe is on the other foot so to speak. Roll
#6 - 2012-07-26 02:22:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Herr Wilkus
And before this thread fills up with endless gloating threads from miners....(and why shouldn't they gloat? They think CCP just handed them the keys to the kingdom - removed the LAST risk they faced in highsec....)

Realize this: if you are a miner who is reading this thread, chances are YOU are the Third Little Pig.
The one that stands to benefit from knowledge of good fits and how to avoid a gank.

Sure, in reality the Wolf won't try to blow your door in. He'll move along and kick down another straw house....

but allowing the stubborn...the new....the bots to feed at the same trough 'without risk' means an impending crash in mineral prices - and the smart miners end up suffering.

So, gloat away......
Suqq Madiq
#7 - 2012-07-26 02:24:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Suqq Madiq
Pipa Porto wrote:
Marconus Orion wrote:
Oh he mad.


But is he wrong?

Nope.

Fitted properly, a Hulk cannot be profitably ganked.


So what? There are literally dozens of ships in EVE that, when fit properly, can't be profitably ganked. Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets. It's idiotic and you sound stupid for trying to pass off such a blatant falsehood as "The Truth".

edit: Oh yeah, and, INB4 this dumb thread is locked.

2nd edit: I can't believe this dumb thread didn't get locked.

3rd edit: 100 pages? Goddamn, CCP, your tolerance for bullshit is extremely high.
IDLE EMPIRE
#8 - 2012-07-26 02:25:51 UTC
eh mining is some of the worst income in game.... and now that they will be free to afk mine again lowends should crash making their income god awful again.

@ChainsawPlankto

#9 - 2012-07-26 02:31:56 UTC
MinefieldS wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Marconus Orion wrote:
Oh he mad.


But is he wrong?

Nope.

Fitted properly, a Hulk cannot be profitably ganked.

How about a fleet of 30ish velators w/ cheap blasters?



So taking 7.5 man hours to gank a Hulk profitably. Ok Roll

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

#10 - 2012-07-26 02:33:01 UTC
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.


They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

#11 - 2012-07-26 02:33:01 UTC
OP is right.
Suqq Madiq
#12 - 2012-07-26 02:35:02 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.


They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.


They don't. This is another one of your preconceived notions that exists only in your head. Again, there are dozens of ships that aren't profitable gank targets when fit properly, so why should Hulks be the exception?
#13 - 2012-07-26 02:40:32 UTC
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.


They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.


They don't. This is another one of your preconceived notions that exists only in your head. Again, there are dozens of ships that aren't profitable gank targets when fit properly, so why should Hulks be the exception?


The Hulk isn't a profitable Gank target when fit properly either.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Suqq Madiq
#14 - 2012-07-26 02:42:04 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.


They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.


They don't. This is another one of your preconceived notions that exists only in your head. Again, there are dozens of ships that aren't profitable gank targets when fit properly, so why should Hulks be the exception?


The Hulk isn't a profitable Gank target when fit properly either.


Then what's the problem? You're spewing your opinion all over the place advocating for Mining vessels to be profitable gank targets. Why?
#15 - 2012-07-26 02:42:29 UTC
cry more, gankbear. now you have to shoot things that shoot back like the rest of us, poor poor baby. HTFU

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

#16 - 2012-07-26 02:46:30 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
MinefieldS wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Marconus Orion wrote:
Oh he mad.


But is he wrong?

Nope.

Fitted properly, a Hulk cannot be profitably ganked.

How about a fleet of 30ish velators w/ cheap blasters?

So taking 7.5 man hours to gank a Hulk profitably. Ok Roll

30 vs 1? Interesting idea there. Even gankers have to blob now?

Every change leaves the badguys just about to fall.

We just need more coalitions to exist to destroy them, more legions to be paid off, more lasersov, more something!!

#17 - 2012-07-26 02:48:39 UTC
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.


They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.


They don't. This is another one of your preconceived notions that exists only in your head. Again, there are dozens of ships that aren't profitable gank targets when fit properly, so why should Hulks be the exception?


The Hulk isn't a profitable Gank target when fit properly either.


Then what's the problem? You're spewing your opinion all over the place advocating for Mining vessels to be profitable gank targets. Why?


I'm saying they don't need a tank buff because they're fine as they are.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-07-26 02:49:14 UTC
Interesting...


Unfortunately, I can't test the specific changes (which likely are not yet final) because I only have one account and its full.

I like the concept. Essentially, throw the miners a bone, and if they still don't take it, tell them to deal with what happens.



If miners still whine about getting ganked, CCP can genuinely say HTFU.
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-07-26 02:51:10 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
......
Then what's the problem? You're spewing your opinion all over the place advocating for Mining vessels to be profitable gank targets. Why?


I'm saying they don't need a tank buff because they're fine as they are.

No, the low level ones are useless and have no purpose. The only reason Macks are flown is because of their ice bonus.

CCP is trying to make all of them have a reason to fly. They just need to (possibly) work on the details.
Turifica
#20 - 2012-07-26 02:56:42 UTC
Pathetic post is pathetic. Just pathetic.

In this thread: Moronic whiner complains that it will take more than one ganker to kill a target now. Also fails to realize that ganks are still easily accomplished with a small group of 2 week old Thrasher or Catalyst pilots. Doubtless, if I go back through this ******* moron's posts, I will find at least one that says something along the lines of "EVE is an MMO, that's MULTI player blah blah blah." Nut up and put together a crew, loser.

For a bad guy pirate type, you've got zero balls and zero imagination. You're problem isn't that its being rebalanced, its that you know you can't put together a group of ten people who would give you the ******* time of day, never mind listen to your pathetic drivel.

I'm looking forward to the new challenges. Like many in these new mining threads, I know that lazy people are lazy and will take the easy path. I'll be ganking them for years to come.
176 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump