EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

Want to get into Null Sec

Author
Epsilon Fleet
#1 - 2012-08-05 06:33:50 UTC
o7

Can anyone recommend any "Null Sec guides"? I've been wanting to go, but don't want to go in blind. Thanks for any help. Smile

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Natasha Mendel
#2 - 2012-08-05 06:42:54 UTC
Go in blind, it's lots of fun.
Epsilon Fleet
#3 - 2012-08-05 07:00:41 UTC
Natasha Mendel wrote:

rather keep my ship and pod, thanks.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Natasha Mendel
#4 - 2012-08-05 07:02:34 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
Natasha Mendel wrote:

Then why are you going to null at all?

You're going to lose both, if not instantly, then certainly later on.
The Initiative.
#5 - 2012-08-05 07:22:59 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
o7

Can anyone recommend any "Null Sec guides"? I've been wanting to go, but don't want to go in blind. Thanks for any help. Smile

Can you fly a covert ops ship? If so, chose a 0.0 enterence that's not straight from hi-sec and go and have a look. I recommend that you start with the NPC 0.0 regions (Syndicate, Venal, Curse, Stain)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

#6 - 2012-08-05 07:23:06 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:

nullsec mini-guide #1:

First, have at least one jump clone.

Open the map, color stars by My Available Agents, and look for pirate agents at the fringes of space. You'll find NPC nullsec around them - places like Venal and Stain (separated from empire by sov null), places like Curse and Syndicate and Delve (adjacent to empire). There are more.

You don't need the locals to actually like you, since ratting them is worthwhile too, but if you do want them to like you then you'll probably want Social V and Diplomacy V to help the grind (you can't do any missions above L1 without faction standing > -2), and you can also pick pirates that hate you relatively less. There are pirate epic arcs that can turn your empire faction standing into standing boosts towards Angel Cartel or the Guristas.

Once you've picked NPC null to go to, open the map again and color stars by average pilots in space in the last 30 minutes. Plot a route that avoids really obvious gatecamps, study it a bit, don't be too horrified at really high numbers of jumps between your empire staging and your nullsec destination, and fly out there in a covops if you have one or a fleet interceptor if you don't.

Fly out there in this manner: jump into a system, if there's nobody at the gate then burn at least 150km off it and set a bookmark (this scheme may be worth copying). If there is even one person in the system with you (or if it's a long warp even if there's nobody in the system), then get a scan on the next gate before warping to it. If it's clean, warp to it at 100km and burn off to set another bookmark. Bookmarking is tedious; the reward is when you ever go back or ever come this away again. (And since really obvious gate camps aren't that mobile, the route you come up with will probably be the route you want in the near future, as well.) Ways to get a scan on the gate before landing on grid: open up the solar system map and pick a celestial near the gate; use cap dumping to warp short of the gate.

If the gate isn't clean, or if you jump into a camp, use your own judgement. I've burned back, I've warped out cleanly, I've warped to a safe in the direction of a gate and then warped right back after they 'followed' me, I've overheated my MWD and burned out of a sabre's bubble, I've changed my route to avoid a direct and possibly camped path. But don't feel too bad if you die, even if you die in a really stupid non-pvp interceptor fit. All interactions with the enemy are learning experiences.

Once you're in NPC null, congratulations! Move your medical clone. If you want to bring in more jump clones (jumping to another point in a region is a fair way to avoid a nasty situation for a bit), then jump out and use your bookmarks to get back. Ways to reinforce your NPC null forward operating base include

1. http://black-frog.red-frog.org/jumps.php

2. Scanning down wormholes, jumping into them, scanning down five hundred Ladar sites and finally more wormholes, jumping into lowsec 8 jumps from Jita.

---

nullsec mini guide #2:

1. Be in a player corporation.

2. Go to KBP7-G, confirm that you're not red.

3. Move in.

Providence has a ton of stations that are available to you, you can use the KOS checker to kill other people in Provi without running afoul of the law, you can base in Provi and fly out of it.

I've never tried this, but I docked in KBP7-G one time, set my medical clone there, and then podded off a gate while setting bookmarks for being red. So ask in local first. There's some some political channel you can join, a website, and other bother.
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2012-08-05 07:27:14 UTC
There's really no point going there if you don't have a corp.....
#8 - 2012-08-05 07:41:37 UTC
terzho wrote:

If you're going to be a Johnny no mates, you may as well be one with a bomb launcher.
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-08-05 08:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
terzho wrote:

depends - I have a mission alt in NPC 0.0 and while she is technically in a corp and alliance (my alt corp, alliance are a few friends that live 30 jumps away) I am basically playing solo on that character.

The "point" of that endeavour is that I can earn significantly more in 0.0 than in high-sec doing exactly the same thing (due to higher mission rewards and better ISK/LP) and if I get camped for a few hours I can always just do missions on a high-sec alt during that time.

With a scout alt in a covops, a nullified Tengu and a main that can use his carrier to ship stuff to/from high-sec once every few weeks playing "solo" in a quiet corner of 0.0 is neither impossible nor pointless for me.

#10 - 2012-08-05 09:05:38 UTC
Step one is to overcome the fear of losing ships and pods. If you ever make it into 0.0 and are still risk averse you will probably never leave the home system because "what if there are baddies on the other side of the gate?" This would turn living in 0.0 the equivalent of living on one of those open prisons in the middle of a desert.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Epsilon Fleet
#11 - 2012-08-05 21:44:02 UTC
Kuehnelt, thanks for all the tips. and thanks for all the replies. I do like to mission and wouldn't mind getting my pirate faction standings up!

A Band Apart.
#12 - 2012-08-06 00:22:59 UTC
Your gonna die alot, embrace it.
#13 - 2012-08-06 00:43:32 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
Natasha Mendel wrote:

Then you aren't ready for nullsec yet.
#14 - 2012-08-06 00:44:13 UTC
Kuehnelt wrote:
terzho wrote:

If you're going to be a Johnny no mates, you may as well be one with a bomb launcher.

1 bomb is worthless.

7 bombs is dangerous.
#15 - 2012-08-06 00:46:02 UTC
I find nullsec exits from highsec wormholes all the time. Might be a better option if you just want to poke around, rather than trying to get through gate camps.
#16 - 2012-08-06 01:05:16 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
Natasha Mendel wrote:

See this is the problem, people just dont want to die Roll

I'm an American, English is my second language...

#17 - 2012-08-06 04:34:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Kult Altol wrote:
Natasha Mendel wrote:

With that attitude you are not ready for null-sec, carebear. Stay in hi sec where you can tell yourself you're safe, even though you're not.

In null sec you will lose your ship. And your pod. Quite often at the beginning. Less so after a few months - but even then you can always be caught by surprise. So, those +5 implants? Don't get attached. That faction fit ship? Don't get attached. In null-sec you can reap fabulous riches, but you'll always be poor at the beginning because you will be spending all that isk on replacing ships and clones. After a while you will figure out what is cost effective and what isn't.

Want to get to null-sec? Look for null-sec alliances that are recruiting (most of them are all the time, the grinder always needs new meat). Convince them that you're not a spy, bend over backwards and give them your full API, kiss a lot of backsides, put in a lot of hours doing stuff FOR OTHER PEOPLE and not demanding that stuff be done for you, and you'll soon feel right at home.

Edit: Oh, and if you do get out here don't be a **** and insult people you're currently fighting. Allegiances change quickly in null and the people you are fighting one month might be the ones you are counting on to save your butt the next. But if you were the idiot always crap-talking in local, heh, well I've got news for you buddy, people remember that sort of thing.
#18 - 2012-08-06 14:45:39 UTC
Just one reason I'll never be able to go to Nulsec, I won't hand out my full Api again.

All of the rest of this is sound advice though. /thumbsup

John Hancock

Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-08-06 16:16:05 UTC
Kuehnelt wrote:
terzho wrote:

Yes, because 1 bomb is going to kill ALL TEH THINGS!
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-08-06 16:21:09 UTC
I recommended coming to Catch, we have cupcakes and fresh cookies.
2 Pages12Next page