Ships & Modules

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dominix L4 PVE Fits, need recent ones.

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 Posted: 2012.12.08 13:38
I've been running a bunch of L3's and doing pretty well, even after the changes this week, and I'd like to start gearing up for L4's. I want to go with a Dominix drone boat with a shield tank, but when I search for fits, I find a lot of old fits and not many new ones. (new = last 6 months). The other thing I notice is all the fits tend to be full T2. Can you run L4's with a T1 Domi or is it best to wait for full T2?

If someone can point me to (or post) some decent, recent Dominix PVE fits I'd appreciate it.
Situation: Normal
#2 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:18  |  Edited by: Derath Ellecon
Kibblet Brinalle wrote:
I've been running a bunch of L3's and doing pretty well, even after the changes this week, and I'd like to start gearing up for L4's. I want to go with a Dominix drone boat with a shield tank, but when I search for fits, I find a lot of old fits and not many new ones. (new = last 6 months). The other thing I notice is all the fits tend to be full T2. Can you run L4's with a T1 Domi or is it best to wait for full T2?

If someone can point me to (or post) some decent, recent Dominix PVE fits I'd appreciate it.

Age doesn't matter. Domi hasnt changed in forever so a good 2 year old fit is still a good fit. Personally I've always preferred an armor domi for missions anyhow
Gallente Federation
#3 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:19
You should install EFT or pyfa and roll your own fits. That way you will learn what modules do what, and why you put them on your ship.

And yes, if you can't fit T2 you should probably wait until your a bit more skilled. It's not so much about the T2 modules, but the skill levels you need to fit them.

Company Company
#4 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:23
The shield tanked mission Dominix that everyone is drooling over works better on the navy version, with its extra midslot. It also works better when you have the skills to support a full balls-to-the-wall gank style of mission running, and a wallet to support a cap-efficient shield booster.

I'd recommend T2 sentries (it's going to be slooow without them), and preferably T2 tank and support. T2 guns can wait.

I'd recommend starting with something like this:

[Dominix, Forum low SP PvE armor]

Large Armor Repairer II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
100MN Afterburner II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

350mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge L
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Nanobot Accelerator I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Garde II x5

Armor tanked, but it'll tank as long as you have charges. 900ish DPS, most of it drones. Rails are there to help, but don't expect them to crack anything by themselves.

If you insist on shield+gank tanking it, I suppose you could do something like this:

[Dominix, Forum low SP PvE shield]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Thermic Dissipation Field II
Thermic Dissipation Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I

Garde II x5

About 200 more EFT DPS, but significantly less sustained tank, less mobility, and less drone range and tracking. Really tight on CPU too.

Good luck, have fun, and try not to die in a fire! P

Quote:
Age doesn't matter. Domi hasnt changed in forever so a good 2 year old fit is still a good fit.

Dude, DDAs were kind of a game changer. What?
#5 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:27
Derath Ellecon wrote:
[quote=Kibblet Brinalle]Age doesn't matter. Domi hasnt changed in forever so a good 2 year old fit is still a good fit. Personally I've always preferred an armor domi for missions anyhow

Ignore this post. The mission Dominix has changed enormously. The addition of the Drone Damage Amplifier modules has changed fits significantly.

The following fits should get you started. I'm not happy with them yet, they can be better, so keep that in mind. The shield one is probably overtanked (and a bit expensive).

[Dominix, Mission Fit Shield]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Caldari Navy Thermic Dissipation Field
Caldari Navy Kinetic Deflection Field
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Field

350mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge L
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Garde II x5

[Dominix, Mission Fit Armor]
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Imperial Navy Large Armor Repairer

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Drone Link Augmentor II

Garde II x5
Situation: Normal
#6 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:39
Yea you are all right, I wasn't thinking in terms of the DDA when I posted. That being said, for a shield tanks an older fit can still be used fine, as the DDA will change the lows. So you can still start with an old bc fit and modify it to your needs.

I also haven't run missions in forever. I don't think I could go back to an isk/hr that low.
Low-Class
#7 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:40
Disclaimer: I do not fly Gallente, that being said, the Navy Domi is much better suited for shields due to the extra mid slots.

I am pretty curious to see some fits also.

B.
Gallente Federation
#8 Posted: 2012.12.08 14:58
Ignore everyone. The new FoTM is here. Use sentry-sniper-teleport-potato!

[Dominix, DPS@100km+TP]

Large Armor Repairer II
Armor EM Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Target Painter II
Sensor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Garde II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Warden II x5

It delivers @ 100 Km. Use the shiny new MJD to get away from incoming waves of rats, then deploy sentries and pop without stop.
Gallente Federation
#9 Posted: 2012.12.09 00:25
OK, Things like the DDA was what I was worried about, thanks for all the responses. I guess there's a larger skill jump for Battleships, thats why I didn't see any "entry level" T1 versions. I can be patient a bit longer....

Actually I can do mostly T2, just 42 days for T2 Large Rails, and 24 days for T2 Sentries

...wanders off talking to the voices...
#10 Posted: 2012.12.09 02:35  |  Edited by: Mund Richard
Vixorz wrote:
Ignore everyone. The new FoTM is here. Use sentry-sniper-teleport-potato!
It delivers @ 100 Km. Use the shiny new MJD to get away from incoming waves of rats, then deploy sentries and pop without stop.
Shocked
Why didn't I think of THAT?
Not that I could put it to good use right now, but still.

Kibblet Brinalle wrote:
OK, Things like the DDA was what I was worried about, thanks for all the responses. I guess there's a larger skill jump for Battleships, thats why I didn't see any "entry level" T1 versions. I can be patient a bit longer....

Actually I can do mostly T2, just 42 days for T2 Large Rails, and 24 days for T2 Sentries

...wanders off talking to the voices...

Entry level for battleships is T2 everything but weaponry.
For the Domi, also aiming fast towards T2 sentries and Drone Interfacing V.
Guns you can get away with meta 4, it only adds damage (well, and T2 ammo), while (sentry) drones also add range (and much more damage if done properly.)

My 0.02 isk:
Shield fits are awesome, but so are your Garde IIs hitting out to 50km optimal in serp space, while being able to hit orbiting things (1 shot rail destroyer). And after Omnitrackings, you have few shield slots left. Doable, but maybe later.
For armor, I'd use something like Seraph Castillon's Mission armor fit as a start, but without magstab (also, T1 guns for obvious reason), adding a DC for safety.

And add a Target Painter!
Will help you keep your drones alive longer.
The meta4 works excellent, and has trully a PWNAGE name.
"We want PvE activities to require active participation and mirror PvP more closely."
Stacking penalty for NPC EWAR then? Lock range under 9km from over 100 in a BS is not fun. Nor is two NPC web drones making me crawl 10m/s. PvP SW-900 x5: 75m/s.
#11 Posted: 2012.12.09 05:48
I haven't flown a navy domi in a few months, but I was using this and it worked quite well, I'd actually put it about on par with a nightmare, though obviously geared towards kinetic/thermal rats instead of em/thermal ones.