Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

Eve Industrial Organiser : Release 2

Author
#1 - 2012-12-10 10:35:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Sidrat Flush
http://eveindustrialorganiser.blogspot.co.uk/

Direct Download Link

I proudly present to you, the eve forum dwellers the newest (and best) iteration on the Eve Industrial Organiser suite of industrial tools.

This release offers you an overview in Refining, both asteroids and every refininable in game item.

It comes pre-loaded with the Forge region prices, but you can choose to update the sheet with a different region if you wish. There is as usual the option to enter your own prices manually as always.

Recently added is the Character Assets xml which has been integrated in to the relevant tables.

Why use my sheet when others are available?

• It will not cause eye strain.
  • It is designed to calculate multiple items at once.
  • Imports your Character Assets for ease of use.
  • The ingenious Mineral To Ore sheet will indicate what to mine/purchase or otherwise obtain in order to fulfil your mineral requirements.
  • You will no longer sell your rat loot under refine value.
  • You may start believing the ore you mine is not free, although it actually is to you, but of course we should all get the highest return as possible.

These are just a few reasons to use the sheet.

The next release will be the manufacturing sheet, which of course will be awesome. A version of which should be available for testing in the next week or so.

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

#2 - 2012-12-11 02:02:39 UTC
In an effort to improve the content delivery on Friday I have decided to release a test version, please try to break it in meaningful ways and prove my formulas wrong.

You can download it from http://eve-files.com/dl/259341

It contains three files, the EIO Refinery spreadsheet. the MS Access evedb database file containing the queries and marketprice import and finally the marketprice.xml obtained from Eve HQ.

Please leave feedback.

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-12-11 11:24:31 UTC
Sidrat Flush wrote:
In an effort to improve the content delivery on Friday I have decided to release a test version, please try to break it in meaningful ways and prove my formulas wrong.

You can download it from http://eve-files.com/dl/259341

It contains three files, the EIO Refinery spreadsheet. the MS Access evedb database file containing the queries and marketprice import and finally the marketprice.xml obtained from Eve HQ.

Please leave feedback.

cool. i am downloading now and will give it a go today - will post my suggestions and ofc congrats! :)
#4 - 2012-12-11 20:54:45 UTC
Will testing with a corp mate, I realised Access hadn't been solidified. Sorry about that.

The sheet will function without the market export or access, you'll just be relying on up to date manually entered prices more, which I fully support, but will however be correcting for Friday.

I may include a copy of the Mineral To Ore calculator on the production work book but that's still in the design phase.

#5 - 2012-12-14 04:01:42 UTC
Original post updated due to the release of EIO:Refinery

Have fun, leave feedback, I'm already looking forward to the release of the EIO: Builder and I haven't even started it yet.

#6 - 2012-12-15 13:34:42 UTC
It's currently not available.

I've implemented character assets into the two refinery sheets. I think it has made it far more useful.
I've also seperated the pirce sheet so it can be used by subsequent workbooks without duplication.

There's also a pre-release checklist for me to do so it can be released properly.

I'll post up here when it has been uploaded to eve files.

Feedback always welcome, especially if you've used previous versions.

#7 - 2012-12-17 04:02:23 UTC
Awesome day today, lots of things done on the EIO: Builder book.

This will provide quotes for ALL PRODUCED in game items, even boosters. If there's a blueprint then you can get a quote for it.

I believe I've done most of the heavy work, I'm thinking a material refine estimate will be a good idea on the Building Inventory Sheet, to more easily compare the refine cost vs the build cost.

Hmm.

Asset importing is very nice as well, as long as it's in a station hangar and not on your ship or in a can.

Anyway, shopping tomorrow - will get more done in the evening and I'll think about getting a public release up when the notes and contents have been written.

To all those who's tried it out, please let me know what you think as although I can be anti-social I still don't live in a vacuum.

Have fun fly safe.

#8 - 2012-12-18 11:16:31 UTC
EIO:Refinery version 2 has now reached 51 downloads.

Which is good of course and I thank you for giving it a go.

I have now built EIO:Builder to the point where I can release it for testing in order to get feedback.

If you would like to try it out leave a message and I'll give you the link. In return I will need feedback, positive and negative. I am not able to test every item in game to ensure correct results, so any drug manufacturers out there who can test the results would be appreciated.

As always it covers every in game blueprint on the same page, so you can get quotes for t1, t2, t3, drug manufacturing, capital ships and everything else, as long as it is elated to creating an item from a blueprint it should be there and the numbers should be correct.

I'm considering putting in a refine price reference column as well but it won't have the same functionality as the EIO: Refinery work book. In fact I'll probably do that shortly.

Have fun all.

Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-12-19 11:41:23 UTC

as i was never using EveHQ, i am having atm some difficulties
in importing the prices. i guess i will figure it out when i find more
available time.

so , judging on my own actions, i guess it would be great
if your program could import prices directly, like using the api
from eve-central for example.

leo
#10 - 2012-12-19 12:51:26 UTC
leoplusma wrote:

as I was never using EveHQ, i am having atm some difficulties
in importing the prices. i guess i will figure it out when i find more
available time.

so , judging on my own actions, i guess it would be great
if your program could import prices directly, like using the api
from eve-central for example.

leo

Thanks I'll get a tutorial featuring screenshots to import prices via EveHQ.

The trouble with importing prices via excel manually is the need to have 20+ data connections to cover the materials (you don't isk for one price at a time) and then you have to make sure everything is covered in the future by hand. I've used the method in the past and it's far too much hassle to keep updated compared to an already generated xml file containing all you need.

Look out for the EveHQ how to download prices picture guide in the next hour or two.

Saying that I always advocate using your own manually entered local prices as a guide, saves hauling to market hubs and people will okay extra to not go eight plus jumps.

#11 - 2012-12-19 15:21:42 UTC
The guide is up along with a progress report

http://eveindustrialorganiser.blogspot.co.uk/ for those that have signatures turned off.

#12 - 2012-12-21 12:57:58 UTC
96 downloads so far which is nice and very little to no feedback received. This can only mean it's working an awesome to use.

If you think thats good wait till you see EIO: Builder. It will knock your socks off.

I'm still testing it, looking at best methods at the moment It's working very well as a market trader as it can indicate items that might be available at below refining price.

I'll upload it with the updated database as well when I have produced a screenshot overview. Perhaps this evening or sometime tomorrow.

Far cry 3 is Awesome.

#13 - 2012-12-23 00:02:55 UTC
While writing the EIO:Builder screenshot guide I've been able to fix a few issues and make informed decisions to help the user decide their own pricing point and see the profit estimate.

All in all the guide which is up although still a work in progress has been stalled due to the obligations around Christmas.

I'll endeavor to get it released tomorrow if possible or very soon after Christmas.

It is without doubt the best version of EIO I've produced and I can't wait for you all to try it out against the other spreadsheet solutions already available.

Sidrat Flush.

Mordus Angels
#14 - 2012-12-23 17:39:32 UTC
I have downloaded your files and need just a little extra help in getting it up and working. I have seen the program shots on your page, but how do i get to that point. Once I have the files in a folder, what is the next step. I can open the spreadsheets and the xml files are just program language when I open them . Any extra help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Shadow of xXDEATHXx
#15 - 2012-12-23 18:22:56 UTC
i appreciate the effort but is there anyway to just make it easier to update everything such as a Button you click
#16 - 2012-12-23 18:35:49 UTC
Aphelion Thunderclap wrote:
i appreciate the effort but is there anyway to just make it easier to update everything such as a Button you click

Yes, that would require a macro - I hate macros, there's no reason to use them you really just need to click a menu and then a button to update the xml tables on the following files

EIO XML Sheet
EIO: Char Refinery (on the two tables listed in contents)
EIO: Char Builder (on the two tables listed in contents)

This will update your assets and market prices that you've downloaded via Eve HQ, and copied in to your EIO Public folder.

Hope this helps, and please see the new updated pages as well.

Also let me take this opportunity as the internet has chewed up the previous draft, introducing the brand new EIO: Builder for all your building requirements.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Sidrat/EIO_Public_2.rar

As with all Eve-File downloads, please click the orange link underneath the big button as it's not available as a torrent file.

Shadow of xXDEATHXx
#17 - 2012-12-23 18:53:01 UTC
personaly i enjoy the Spreadsheet once its up and running and the general idea behind it but the name of the game is Simplicity and in my opinion would require a Macro button to make this worth my time.....Make one with that feature and the ability to include my Skills to affect the cells and i will be happy to pay you for it
#18 - 2012-12-23 19:08:24 UTC
Aphelion Thunderclap wrote:
personaly i enjoy the Spreadsheet once its up and running and the general idea behind it but the name of the game is Simplicity and in my opinion would require a Macro button to make this worth my time.....Make one with that feature and the ability to include my Skills to affect the cells and i will be happy to pay you for it

ahh I think I believe I know what the real issue is, let me ask to make sure.

Will your button leave out the Eve HQ requirement?

If so, then sadly it's not an option. download xml files direct from ccp or eve-central/battleclinic in excel is a total pain in the behind.

No really I mean I've done it before with the prices, and ended up with over twenty tables to cover the tech 1 items alone, and then the user is limited to one region and one region only. This method enables the user to download market prices from any region and use that.

The character skills can be manually altered, this does not need to be updated, although if you copy and rename your charactersheet xml file from the eve hq appdata folder, in to eio public, then update all pages in "EIO Xml Sheet" it will update itself.

Manual yes. A lot less aggro for me - Yes.

It's also a lot less hassle for the end user as if you rely on a button to do things for you, when something related to the button breaks you've lost the ability to influence it.

IF you can convince me pulling the market data and character api data via the excel workbook itself is a good idea, then I will implement it. Otherwise copy, paste and rename three xml files from the eve hq appdata folder/sub folders and enjoy for free.

#19 - 2012-12-27 16:54:46 UTC
Just stop building things for under material value and download eve industrial organiser for Excel 2007.

#20 - 2012-12-29 22:55:56 UTC
I'm currently planning the PI sheet which is going well.

I hope to get it done in a week however I'm still undecided on the layout in some aspects, yet I'll stick with it and reiterate if need be.

2 Pages12Next page