DUST 514 Information Portal

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

4 Pages123Next pageLast page

EVE Orbital Bombardment Event : Tourney Prize Winners announced!!

Author
Dirt Nap Squad.
#1 Posted: 2013.01.10 03:02  |  Edited by: Kane Spero
The finals for the tourney will this Saturday and I will be offering a 1 Billion ISK prize!!!!

Attention*500 million ISK to the pilot who gets the first OB Kills and an additional 500 million if he survives to the end of the match. If someone destroys their ship they get the 500 million he would have received for surviving instead.*Attention

A big thanks to everyone who has participated! You are not part of the story of New Eden!!

http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=5045&tid=5

The Finals system will be announced at 2100 with the Region being announced Friday.

EvE side coordination for Orbital Bombardment support during the tourney will take place through the channel "Dust OB" and is open to all factions and corporations. We are going to be trying get as many people from as many corps together as possible.

To help with Orbital Bombardment coordination faction specific Dust OB channels have been made: "Dust OB Minmatar/Gallente" and "Dust OB Amarr/Caldari"

Videos recorded of Orbital Strikes during the tourney and submitted to NewEdenSports@gmail.com using https://www.wetransfer.com/ will be eligible for the grand prize for the recording contest that includes a PLEX and an official Dust 514 T-shirt from CCP's office in Shanghai.

The Eve pilot with the most confirmed orbital bombardment kills during the Double Elimination phase of the tourney, which is going on now, will be eligible for a PLEX!!

Also Eve-side betting on the tournament is live for the finals of the tourney!

Take a look at the brackets and stats of the teams competing at www.dust514stats.com .

AttentionI will be hosting an Dust OB event this weekend in conjunction with the Semi-Finals and Finals of the Dust Orbital Bombardment Tournament.

I will be picking a system for the teams in the tournament to fight the matches for this weekend. Please check back here as the details will be formalized as we move forward this week.
* CPM0 and Owner of Spero Escrow Services *
Follow @KainSpero for Dust and CPM news
Explore the Connection
#2 Posted: 2013.01.10 04:54
I personally will have Dust and EVE running for this event.

Should be a lot of fun. Smile
Pilot & Soldier of New Eden
#3 Posted: 2013.01.10 09:49
Please be aware, just so there's no disappointment on the day, that CCP confirmed you have to be in factional warfare to perform orbital strikes against DUST players.
Dirt Nap Squad.
#4 Posted: 2013.01.10 14:11
CCP Nullarbor, has stopped by in the "Dust OB" channel. Also Dusters are now in channel as well, so stop by and say hello to the the ground troops.
Explore the Connection
Dirt Nap Squad.
#5 Posted: 2013.01.10 22:08
The response on the Dust beta forums has been good.

The system will be announced 1 hour before the event on Saturday in this thread, in the "Dust OB" channel, and the event thread on the closed beta forums.
Explore the Connection
#6 Posted: 2013.01.11 01:21
We are constantly broadcasting intel on where battles are taking place. Even if you aren't in a militia, you can watch the fireworks from space.
#7 Posted: 2013.01.11 01:22
Sounds pretty exciting to me. :)
Liandri Covenant
#8 Posted: 2013.01.11 03:59
Dirt Nap Squad.
#9 Posted: 2013.01.11 06:33
CCP Frame and CCP Cmdr Wang are in the "Dust OB" channel. Come by and say hey.
Explore the Connection
#10 Posted: 2013.01.11 07:28
I predict this will end in a massive fireball and not on the planet surface.
Dirt Nap Squad.
#11 Posted: 2013.01.11 14:28  |  Edited by: Kane Spero
Thomas Gore wrote:
I predict this will end in a massive fireball and not on the planet surface.

All of the best events end in a massive fireball. Pirate
Explore the Connection
#12 Posted: 2013.01.11 17:47
This is all taking place in low sec, right?

Massive, Massive, Massive fireball is likely, unless the DUST planet is in High sec, and its arranged so that only one FW side shows up to the fight...
Dirt Nap Squad.
#13 Posted: 2013.01.11 20:37
Verity Sovereign wrote:
This is all taking place in low sec, right?

That would be correct. All of this will take place in low sec.

The star system for the event will be announced one hour before in this thread, in the "Dust OB" channel, and in the event thread on the Dust beta forums.

With all of the Dust corps that have signed up for the event the fight on the ground will be a who's who of Dust corporations.
Explore the Connection
Gallente Federation
#14 Posted: 2013.01.12 11:05
Im still new to EVE but my understanding is you can use a destroyer with laser turrets for OB cant you? Also if this may end up in a big fireball in space would it be advisable to use a jump clone?

This would be my first time with anything PvP so a bit scary for me.

Eitherway i will be there to watch everyone go *pop* or to ninja in and *pop* a few dust mercs. I just hope i dont have to fly 40+ jumps to get to the system.
Dirt Nap Squad.
#15 Posted: 2013.01.12 13:26  |  Edited by: Kane Spero
James TrendaII wrote:
Im still new to EVE but my understanding is you can use a destroyer with laser turrets for OB cant you? Also if this may end up in a big fireball in space would it be advisable to use a jump clone?

This would be my first time with anything PvP so a bit scary for me.

Eitherway i will be there to watch everyone go *pop* or to ninja in and *pop* a few dust mercs. I just hope i dont have to fly 40+ jumps to get to the system.

Fly in what you can afford to loose and make sure your clone is up to date and using a jump clone isn't a bad idea. This is taking place in Low Sec so you WILL get shot at. PvP being scary is one of the main things that makes it fun. Shoot some s*** and have a good time.

For specific questions about how to do Orbitals please use the "Orbital Information Network" channel to keep coms in the "Dust OB'" channel clear. Expect for Dusters to be hopping in an out of voice coms in the Dust OB channel.
Explore the Connection
Mildly Sober
#16 Posted: 2013.01.12 14:19
Kane Spero wrote:
We are currently working on organizing an EVE/Dust Orbital Bombardment event for this Saturday.

EvE side coordination will take place through the channel "Dust OB" and is open to all factions and corporations. We are going to be trying get as many people from as many corps together as possible.

We have Dusters in touch with CCP to help with the event since we expect it to have a lot of interest.

Right now we are looking at the following time so that US, EU, and AU corps can participate:

2 pm New York, Saturday
11 am Los Angeles, Saturday
8 pm Paris, Saturday
7 pm London, Saturday
6 am Melbourne, Sunday

Please respond if you would like to participate or join the channel "Dust OB".

So let me get this strait...Cos i am a Pi player myself:) lol, how is this event going on? will it be in Hs? Thing is i am not up to date how can somebody bomb from outer space the planet....you also need ground support? or not?
It would be great to kill some competition in a way of ninja killing when nobody is in local.
Sry if this is not the thread. If i am in the game tonight i will join this. Mail me the details what to bring? bs bc?
Later
Dirt Nap Squad.
#17 Posted: 2013.01.12 15:21
The best resource for how is here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE-DUST_514_Link_FAQ

This will be all low sec.
Explore the Connection
#18 Posted: 2013.01.12 16:36
sounds like there will be some nice targets for stealth bombers and the like....
Dirt Nap Squad.
#19 Posted: 2013.01.12 17:22
I will awarding the following rewards for the first confirmed OB kills in the Event system:

100 Mil to the person or corp that fires the shot.

50 Mil to the Corp on the ground that calls it in.

25 Mill to the Corp on the ground that gets blown up.
Explore the Connection
Dirt Nap Squad.
#20 Posted: 2013.01.12 18:11
Ikoskio is the System! Get in there and have fun.
Explore the Connection
4 Pages123Next pageLast page