Test Server Feedback

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

Mass test on Singularity on Thursday, 31st January at 19:00 UTC

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.01.28 15:42  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi!

We will be holding a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, January 31st, at 19:00 UTC (= EVE time).

What exactly is being tested?
  • Performance of the Retribution 1.1 release
  • Changes and defect fixes to missiles, effects, ...
  • Optimizations to brackets in space

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

Test steps:

  • Meet in FD-MLJ at the gate to X-BV98
  • Jump to X-BV98
  • Sub-capitals of fleet X: Jump back to FD-MLJ
  • Sub-capitals of fleet X: Jump to X-BV98
  • Warp to a starbase
  • Shoot the control tower
  • Tests for brackets (drop fleet, set standing)
  • Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and prepare gate-camp
  • Fleet X: Warp to Poitot stargate
  • Fleet X: Jump to Poitot, FIGHT
  • Warp to planet 1
  • Kill NPCs?


What else should I know?
  • We will be moving players to the test system - join the channel massmoveme for this
  • Please bring a good mix of ships! Cynos will be provided.
  • Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
  • Please run logserver during the mass test, if possible.
CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
Bug reporting | Mass Testing
#2 Posted: 2013.01.29 16:12
CCP Habakuk wrote:

  • Skill points will be awarded for this mass test


  • As in strictly on the test server or they will actually affect my real characters? Forgive me for not knowing these things but having never participated to a test, I don't think I am the only one asking myself this question.
    "I do want to point out one "abuse" thing I did see however. *snipped*
    Please do not post details of possible exploits on the forums. - CCP Eterne
    "

    ... Because of Falcon.
    C C P Alliance
    #3 Posted: 2013.01.29 16:32
    Thor Kerrigan wrote:
    CCP Habakuk wrote:

  • Skill points will be awarded for this mass test


  • As in strictly on the test server or they will actually affect my real characters? Forgive me for not knowing these things but having never participated to a test, I don't think I am the only one asking myself this question.


    The skill points will be applied to your character on Singularity. Nothing on test servers will affect your real character on TQ.
    CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
    Bug reporting | Mass Testing
    SpaceMonkey's Alliance
    #4 Posted: 2013.01.30 14:22
    CCP Habakuk wrote:
    Thor Kerrigan wrote:
    CCP Habakuk wrote:

  • Skill points will be awarded for this mass test


  • As in strictly on the test server or they will actually affect my real characters? Forgive me for not knowing these things but having never participated to a test, I don't think I am the only one asking myself this question.


    The skill points will be applied to your character on Singularity. Nothing on test servers will affect your real character on TQ.



    Other than the knowledge gained from testing new modules, new ship balancing and new ships that would be expensive to do on TQ.

    My corp is aiming to make a corp op for the next mass test to allow us to test out our usual BCs and how the new modules might effect the armor ones!
    Gallente Federation
    #5 Posted: 2013.01.30 15:08
    A number of players have complained that hey never go their Skill Points from previous Mass Tests, and are therefore no longer willing to participate.

    How can we be assured that we will be compensated for our participation ?

    I'm getting set up to participate, but if there is questionable payout, I'd rather not waste my time.
    #6 Posted: 2013.01.30 15:28
    Urgg Boolean wrote:
    A number of players have complained that hey never go their Skill Points from previous Mass Tests, and are therefore no longer willing to participate.

    How can we be assured that we will be compensated for our participation ?

    I'm getting set up to participate, but if there is questionable payout, I'd rather not waste my time.


    The reason the skillpoints expire after 5 mirrors is to keep you participating. If CCP let us keep all the skillpoints, by now some of us would have over 50M in free SP. People would reach a comfortable level and stop going to mass tests forever.
    The Kadeshi
    #7 Posted: 2013.01.30 15:28
    Urgg Boolean wrote:
    A number of players have complained that hey never go their Skill Points from previous Mass Tests, and are therefore no longer willing to participate.

    How can we be assured that we will be compensated for our participation ?

    I'm getting set up to participate, but if there is questionable payout, I'd rather not waste my time.

    If you're there and actually take part you will get your SP
    C C P Alliance
    #8 Posted: 2013.01.30 16:02
    J3ssica Biel wrote:

    If you're there and actually take part you will get your SP


    Exactly this. You will get your skill points without any problems, if you participate in the mass test for the whole time. If you are missed somehow by my scripts (for example by joining bit late or if you are constantly crashing), then you will normally also get the skillpoints without problems, if you are asking me through the correct thread in this forum within one week after the mass test.

    Most complaints are from players, who:
    * login only for a few minutes.
    * forget, that only the skill points of the last five mass tests will be re-applied after mirrors.
    * cannot remember in which mass tests they were present.
    * want to "game" the system somehow. Evil
    CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
    Bug reporting | Mass Testing
    SpaceMonkey's Alliance
    #9 Posted: 2013.01.30 16:06
    CCP Habakuk wrote:


    Most complaints are from players, who:
    * login only for a few minutes.
    * forget, that only the skill points of the last five mass tests will be re-applied after mirrors.
    * cannot remember in which mass tests they were present.
    * want to "game" the system somehow. Evil



    just to check, as i cant log on to sisi just now, i participated in a Mass test on Bucky before the retribution release, its likely that i will have SP to play with when i log on later today?
    #10 Posted: 2013.02.01 01:04
    I participated in this test.. But now it struck me.. The skillpoints will be awarded to players on singularity. Im on tranguility :/ anyway to get the skillpoints anyways? I did participate..
    #11 Posted: 2013.02.01 03:28
    Rasmus Broend wrote:
    I participated in this test.. But now it struck me.. The skillpoints will be awarded to players on singularity. Im on tranguility :/ anyway to get the skillpoints anyways? I did participate..


    You did participate. You also got owned. Lol
    "I do want to point out one "abuse" thing I did see however. *snipped*
    Please do not post details of possible exploits on the forums. - CCP Eterne
    "

    ... Because of Falcon.
    #12 Posted: 2013.02.01 16:40
    Yes i was raped pretty severly Shocked, nevertheless.. why would anyone want 2 mil skillpoints on singularity?
    Forum Jump