Author
Eve Engineering
#1 Posted: 2013.02.04 16:54
Corporation: Brave Newbies Inc.
Size: 362
Consists of: Massive amounts of newbies

You're welcome
#2 Posted: 2013.02.04 20:04
I'm guessing that you are the forum alt of the guy whose Legion they killed today. Thanks for posting!Lol
Amarr Empire
#3 Posted: 2013.02.04 20:50
Never under estimate a swarm of rookie ships. Infact be afraid, be very very afraid.
I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.
#4 Posted: 2013.02.04 21:15
These guys are awesome! They all came through a gate and kind of panicked, so I got some solid hits from my Talos. Should have ungrouped the guns though. I hope to see them again soon!
Surely You're Joking
#5 Posted: 2013.02.04 22:26  |  Edited by: KillaMcgee
hrhr NewbSwarm. wait.. is that taken?!

(Edit: All seriousness they're a good bunch of guys and, and are doing well according to that Legion Mail!)
#6 Posted: 2013.02.05 09:28
What is this? I don't even
Summary of EvEs last four expansions:
http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

#7 Posted: 2013.02.05 10:06
Freaasd Drovotet wrote:

You're welcome

I'm guessing you're suggesting easy targets.

Let me explain the difference between these guys and most other pvpers I've seen.

Some pvpers will carefully weigh up their odds, deciding if they have a decent chance of winning before they engage in a fight. They'll take into account the race of ship, damage type required, resistances, weapon types, slots and ecm possibilities and call on their experience to figure out the best way to attack.

A lot of these guys don't even know what I just said, and they'll go head first into low and nullsec. Yes they will lose a lot, but they'll also take on battlecruisers and heavy assault ships whilst bubbled. They're here for the fight and sometimes you'll lose - to newbies, in frigates.

They may well have weak ships and little experience and knowledge, but they put their nose into areas of space that most eve players would never dare venture to, and they'll give you a black eye even if they don't win. So think carefully before poking them with a stick.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#8 Posted: 2013.02.05 11:42
Wow that was a terrible legion.

Also definitely going to declare me some war on these newbies, got to show them some competent highsec griefing.
The Nova Foundry
#9 Posted: 2013.02.05 12:53
Freaasd Drovotet wrote:

You're welcome

Did you create an alt just to post this.... Huge Fail.

Well those "newbies" seem to 'Get Eve' so much more than you.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Minmatar Republic
#10 Posted: 2013.02.05 13:54  |  Edited by: Xai Suyin
Lina Drasselbaff wrote:

They may well have weak ships and little experience and knowledge, but they put their nose into areas of space that most eve players would never dare venture to, and they'll give you a black eye even if they don't win. So think carefully before poking them with a stick.

Think carefully? Why think carefully when you can just throw Thrashers at it!

In all honesty thanks for the supportive words. It's funny though, because a lot of folks are all set to "show us what the game is like" and don't understand that we really don't care if we get podded seven times in a day. It's fun, so long as you keep your clone up to date and we have just enough income to keep buying silly frigates. And we get to seed things that escalate into folks like PL dropping cap fleets on our heads, which is just too awesome to see.

/me doffs cap to Lina

See you in space, fellas.
7o
#11 Posted: 2013.02.05 15:15
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Wow that was a terrible legion.

Also definitely going to declare me some war on these newbies, got to show them some competent highsec griefing.

Pretty much what i was going to say. but we're already at war with them.
-The Ghost Protocol-
Mercs For Hire
Caldari State
#12 Posted: 2013.02.05 15:40  |  Edited by: Phobos Motsu
Thanks for the kind words! I'm only here to have fun and get blown up. This is a much more exciting way to learn EVE than grinding low-level missions.
#13 Posted: 2013.02.05 17:19
Intar Medris wrote:
Never under estimate a swarm of rookie ships. Infact be afraid, be very very afraid.

This.
Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?
#14 Posted: 2013.02.05 17:45  |  Edited by: Marlon Darmazaf

That was the most entertaining EVE video I have ever seen, in my opinion.

Keep going, Nubros. You're better at EVE than most of us who've been playing for a long time. Why? You get it. Good attitude. No tears. Just fun.

Enjoy your choice.

PS: +1 for not having crappy techno music in the video. Voice chat that was actually positive and nice to listen to? Why did the newbies do it better than the pros?
So... um... yeah!
#15 Posted: 2013.02.05 17:57
Xai Suyin wrote:
Lina Drasselbaff wrote:

You misunderstand.

There's a trend where certain pvp corps like to declare war on new player friendly corps, because it provides easy kills.

You guys however don't give a crap and will come out and fight back and sometimes you come out on top. So those after easy kills should think carefully.
#16 Posted: 2013.02.05 18:24
Thumbs up for daring Newbies. I like your style. If this thread is an advertisement, its a good one
Caldari State
#17 Posted: 2013.02.05 20:45
I told them about artillery thrashers. I'd recommend not being near them.
Minmatar Republic
#18 Posted: 2013.02.05 22:49
Lina Drasselbaff wrote:
Xai Suyin wrote:
Lina Drasselbaff wrote:

You misunderstand.

There's a trend where certain pvp corps like to declare war on new player friendly corps, because it provides easy kills.

You guys however don't give a crap and will come out and fight back and sometimes you come out on top. So those after easy kills should think carefully.

I know, I was being silly with it, in a "We're not thinking carefully, neither should you!" sort of way.

I mean, yes, you can fly out with the very specific purpose of making life a living hell for us. It's going to be hard though, since we really just don't care about getting blown up left and right (and those times that we do, we're getting better at avoiding the camps and such).

Or, you can ditch the griefing attitude and just throw ships back at us. It's fun, try it out! (You here is a general you). Invite us to come play in your null-sec space and have a massive capital camp waiting; we will die to your guns and ENJOY IT. Because we're crazy like that.

Seeya in space!
7o
Gallente Federation
#19 Posted: 2013.02.05 23:06
Where do I send a bundle of frig hulls to for your guys to blow up in?
Amarr Empire
#20 Posted: 2013.02.05 23:11  |  Edited by: Techavin Uanid
Delias Nelepinskiy wrote:
Where do I send a bundle of frig hulls to for your guys to blow up in?

Contact Matias Otero or, if he's not available, Raist Harding in game to coordinate donations from outside the corp.

Edit: Rest assured, we'll put them to good use.
5 Pages123Next pageLast page