Science & Industry

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Retriever High Sec Solo Mining.

Author
Amarr Empire
#1 Posted: 2013.04.12 11:06
Hello folks,

I'm returning after a long period of time and alot has changed, Miners have Ore Hold Dam this is new.

So was thinking having my alt miner mine in highsec with a retreiver.

I've tried to do calculations but it's all messed up but i'll try explain. I have come to total ore hol is 28,078m3 for retiever with MB lvl 5.

Then say if i mined Scordite which seems highest profit atm. How much isk would i make an hour if i mined high sec solo?

Just to see if it's vaible. I'm considering to join a mining corp but need to find one first.

Many Thanks to any feedback
Ivy League
#2 Posted: 2013.04.12 11:33
Retriever is your best pick, just check how long it takes you to mine the hold full and do roundtrip to empty it at station.
#3 Posted: 2013.04.12 11:39
Scottty Rova wrote:
Hello folks,

I'm returning after a long period of time and alot has changed, Miners have Ore Hold Dam this is new.

I've tried to do calculations but it's all messed up but i'll try explain. I have come to total ore hol is 28,078m3 for retiever with MB lvl 5.

Then say if i mined Scordite which seems highest profit atm. How much isk would i make an hour if i mined high sec solo?

Just to see if it's vaible. I'm considering to join a mining corp but need to find one first.

27500 ore bay, actually.

max skills, 3% implant, no boosts... 16.6 mil isk/hour on scordite.
Amarr Empire
#4 Posted: 2013.04.12 12:03
Dave Stark wrote:
Scottty Rova wrote:
Hello folks,

27500 ore bay, actually.

max skills, 3% implant, no boosts... 16.6 mil isk/hour on scordite.

16.5mil hour not too bad if its the worst i can do.

So how much would be worth in high sec if i had boosts etc? Also within that hour having 2 strip miners how many times in the hour will i need to dock up and let all ore out?
#5 Posted: 2013.04.12 12:06  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Scottty Rova wrote:

So how much would be worth in high sec if i had boosts etc? Also within that hour having 2 strip miners how many times in the hour will i need to dock up and let all ore out?

actually, that's the best you can do, as it's max skills and 0 travel time.

boosts are worth up to ~70% extra.
Amarr Empire
#6 Posted: 2013.04.12 12:16
Dave Stark wrote:
Scottty Rova wrote:

I ment worst situation with solo + Retreiver. Because anything on top of that will increase the income.
70% wow so you can possibly be earning 30-40mil an hour. Dam that's alot than i thought.

Might consider finding a mining corp but they have been to dying out since i last played which was many years ago.
#7 Posted: 2013.04.12 12:47
Scottty Rova wrote:
I ment worst situation with solo + Retreiver. Because anything on top of that will increase the income.
70% wow so you can possibly be earning 30-40mil an hour. Dam that's alot than i thought.

Might consider finding a mining corp but they have been to dying out since i last played which was many years ago.

erm no, 28.22m at best, not even close to 40m.

that's because corps have nothing to offer miners that own more than 2 accounts.
#8 Posted: 2013.04.12 12:50
Scottty Rova wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Scottty Rova wrote:

no. not 30-40 mil.

max skills in a hulk, I was pulling in 20-25m per hour (though I wasn't cherry picking the scord ... i needed to fill in a few shortages because the market was being slow).
One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia
Amarr Empire
#9 Posted: 2013.04.12 13:19
Hmmm well it's only one account with a retreiver so dont know if its worth my time activating him just to mine. Any input anyone?
#10 Posted: 2013.04.12 13:27
do you want an account that will make 16.5 isk/hour? --> yes? --> reactivate your account.
l
v
no?
l
v
don't reactivate your account.
#11 Posted: 2013.04.12 13:32
Wouldn'the be batter off in a mack?
#12 Posted: 2013.04.12 13:33
15m per hr is 15m/hr... trouble is, cherry-picking scord isn't really something you can do AFK.

2h/day means you're getting 150m/wk.
One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia
#13 Posted: 2013.04.12 13:38
Sorao Soreen wrote:
Wouldn'the be batter off in a mack?

5% yield for like 3 weeks training or something.

erm, no, not really.

not to mention the cost difference between the two ships.
the fact it's a bigger target for gankers.
more skills needed to fit a tank on it so gankers are less likely to try and shoot you.
etc
#14 Posted: 2013.04.12 13:39
Velicitia wrote:
15m per hr is 15m/hr... trouble is, cherry-picking scord isn't really something you can do AFK.

600m a month, covers his plex.
and you can afk cherry pick scordite, i do it daily.
#15 Posted: 2013.04.12 14:20
Dave Stark wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

ok thanx for that :)
#16 Posted: 2013.04.12 14:32
Dave Stark wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

definitely -- that was my point with the ISK.

guess the systems I've seen just have too many people doing the cherry-picking to make it AFK-able (1-2 cycles/rock isn't really "AFK" to me). Granted, mining isn't my main income source these days, so I don't scout out "good" mining systems anymore.
#17 Posted: 2013.04.12 14:37
Velicitia wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

definitely -- that was my point with the ISK.

guess the systems I've seen just have too many people doing the cherry-picking to make it AFK-able (1-2 cycles/rock isn't really "AFK" to me). Granted, mining isn't my main income source these days, so I don't scout out "good" mining systems anymore.

quite right, it's not the best afk activity you can do.

it's more of a "tabbed out doing something else" activity than a "i'm going to take the dog for a walk for an hour" type of activity. however the input is minimal for the rewards you get out of it.