In-Game Events and Gatherings

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page
 

(#261SE) BIG Lottery 10 Year Anniversary Draw - 200B ISK in prizes and five special ships and PLEX

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#1 Posted: 2013.05.02 13:28  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
The BIG Lottery
http://biglottery.big-eve.com


The BIG Lottery 10 Year Anniversary
Round # 261



Yet another year has gone by with The BIG Lottery running non-stop round after round, and giving away billions each time.

We can now celebrate The BIG Lottery 10 year anniversary!

10 years - That's rather monumental!

In those 10 years
56.320 unique characters have bought
978.786.830 tickets in The BIG Lottery (that's 978 billion ISK - and change)

And I have no doubt that we will break the 1 trillion mark during the 10 year anniversary round - Which seems rather fitting P


For the 10 year anniversary we are (naturally) going completely crazy with prizes, and breaking all previous records.
I very much doubt we'll be seeing such large prizes any time soon (perhaps the 20 year anniversary Big smile)
So get your tickets!

---This is a quote to make it stand out--- wrote:

The BIG Lottery 10 Year Anniversary prizes :

  • 1st : 100,000,000,000 ISK + Ishukone Watch Scorpion + 2 PLEX
  • 2nd : 50,000,000,000 ISK + Intaki Syndicate Catalyst + 2 PLEX
  • 3rd : 25,000,000,000 ISK + Quafe Catalyst + 2 PLEX
  • 4th: 15,000,000,000 ISK + Sukuuvestaa Heron + 2 PLEX
  • 5th: 10,000,000,000 ISK + Vherokior Probe + 2 PLEX

  • Ships and PLEX kindly sponsored by CCP
    200B ISK in total - We must be crazy P


    ---This is a quote to make it stand out--- wrote:

    Important changes for the duration of the 10 year Anniversary Round

  • The ticket cap has been raised to 500K tickets (500M ISK) per character (not account)
  • 25 percent bio link bonus : The usual bio link bonus is not in effect



  • Round #261 - The BIG Lottery 10 Year Anniversary round runs
    from Monday, April 29th, 2013
    to Sunday, May 12th, 2013

    -- Only tickets bought in that timeframe are valid for the anniversary draw.

    Round #261 drawing : Monday, May 13th, 2013, 1800 EVE time (GMT) in ingame channel 'BIG Games'.


    Please be aware of all the scammers out there that sets up look-alike characters to try and scam you out of your ISK.
    The character to send your ISK to is "BIG Games" and is a member of BIG - and no one else, no matter what they say.


    Good Luck all.
    Cynosural Field Theory.
    #2 Posted: 2013.05.03 13:34
    Congrats Torn! Wishing you another 10 successful years :)
    RvB - RED Federation
    #3 Posted: 2013.05.03 13:46
    So i think this will be the first time i will try that lottery thing Big smile
    #4 Posted: 2013.05.03 13:53
    TornSoul wrote:
    Ships and PLEX kindly sponsored by CCP
    I didn't know they gave out free stuff now. Where can I get some for my event?
    C C P Alliance
    #5 Posted: 2013.05.03 14:06
    Julius Rigel wrote:
    TornSoul wrote:
    Ships and PLEX kindly sponsored by CCP
    I didn't know they gave out free stuff now. Where can I get some for my event?


    We've always been sponsoring events of all kinds, to a varying degree of course. This is a pretty monumental milestone for one of the longest running player initiatives so nice prices were in order.

    Anyone who's running an event and needs support is encouraged to contact the Community Team to discuss options! :)

    Happy Birthday Big Lottery!
    CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @ccp_guard
    Cerberus Unleashed
    #6 Posted: 2013.05.03 14:37  |  Edited by: Saheed Cha'chris'ra
    How much is one ticket? Or is 1 ISK = 1 Ticket, and i can send as much ISK / buy as much tickets as i want?

    edit: saw it... 1.000 ISK / ticket, right?
    #7 Posted: 2013.05.03 14:45
    CCP Guard wrote:
    Anyone who's running an event and needs support is encouraged to contact the Community Team to discuss options! :)
    Yeah, I'd like some of that technology used by those guys running the alliance tournament that teleports people to POLARIS space, please. And also some limited-edition interceptors to give out as prizes. Nothing too fancy, just give them a nice white paintjob and slap the SRV logo on the side, if it's not too much trouble.

    Oh, and I need that special GM client they use for targeting multiple ships and arranging the targets on-screen, that would be really nice, thanks.
    #8 Posted: 2013.05.03 15:08
    I'm running an event. It's a public auction. Through contracts. i can haz plex?
    Maxim 34: If you're leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    RvB - RED Federation
    #9 Posted: 2013.05.03 15:42
    Bad forum dwellers are bad as usual. Keep it up TS, been a blast joining them draws.
    #10 Posted: 2013.05.03 16:10
    If this ship is meant as a vanity item, can it be destroyed? If a monocle is around 4-5 plex, and this this is, let's say, 15 or 20, it would be ridiculous to get one if they could get destroyed and if they can't, what then, and endless supply of scorps?
    #11 Posted: 2013.05.03 16:15
    Haru Kion wrote:
    Bad forum dwellers are bad as usual. Keep it up TS, been a blast joining them draws.
    I think what TS has accomplished is amazing! A kudos to you, TornSoul!

    But I think it's not very nice of the CCP staff to both give preferential treatment and pretend that they don't.

    DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'm not saying preferential treatment is bad or they should stop. I'm just saying it's a little silly of them to have one branch of the company make all these trailers saying "EVE is a sandbox universe where everyone starts off with nothing and makes their own choices and builds their own empire with the tools that are available", and then have another branch of the company using tools and resources that aren't available to everyone to promote certain events and individuals.

    Again, I'm all for preferential treatment. That's great. If part of the game is making friends with someone employed by CCP to gain benefits, or writing in to the staff to get a piece of the pie, great. That's fine. But do one or the other. Either run a level playing field, or make sure everyone knows that you're not running a level playing field.

    I'd offer a free bump in support of BIG, whom I respect so much for their hard work and accomplishment, but what with the sticky and all...
    Superior Eve Engineering
    #12 Posted: 2013.05.03 19:06
    Big props to TS and BIG. I'll go ahead and buy some tickets this weekend!
    ◄[♥]► 3rd Party Service ◄[♥]►
    ♥ Securing Peace of mind ♥
    Loans available
    Rote Kapelle
    #13 Posted: 2013.05.03 21:14  |  Edited by: v3rtigo
    Julius Rigel wrote:
    Oh, and I need that special GM client they use for targeting multiple ships and arranging the targets on-screen, that would be really nice, thanks.


    SCL gets the overlay only because CCP I-forget-his-name sets it up and streams it to them on his own time. Come up with something original and interesting for players and watch CCP or individuals from CCP give you support.

    Edit: And oh yeah, congrats to TS and the lottery.
    We're recruiting and stuff.
    Amarr Empire
    #14 Posted: 2013.05.03 21:40  |  Edited by: The Antiquarian
    Is the ship "Ishukone Watch Scorpion" also part of the ship sponsored by CCP?

    I believe it is not available on market yet?

    Are BIG Lottery and other lotteries the ONLY VENUE to obtain this beautiful ship?

    By the way, congratulations on such momentous milestone, host of BIG.
    Amarr Empire
    #15 Posted: 2013.05.03 21:48
    Julius Rigel wrote:
    Haru Kion wrote:
    Bad forum dwellers are bad as usual. Keep it up TS, been a blast joining them draws.
    I think what TS has accomplished is amazing! A kudos to you, TornSoul!

    But I think it's not very nice of the CCP staff to both give preferential treatment and pretend that they don't.

    DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'm not saying preferential treatment is bad or they should stop. I'm just saying it's a little silly of them to have one branch of the company make all these trailers saying "EVE is a sandbox universe where everyone starts off with nothing and makes their own choices and builds their own empire with the tools that are available", and then have another branch of the company using tools and resources that aren't available to everyone to promote certain events and individuals.

    Again, I'm all for preferential treatment. That's great. If part of the game is making friends with someone employed by CCP to gain benefits, or writing in to the staff to get a piece of the pie, great. That's fine. But do one or the other. Either run a level playing field, or make sure everyone knows that you're not running a level playing field.

    I'd offer a free bump in support of BIG, whom I respect so much for their hard work and accomplishment, but what with the sticky and all...


    Julius Rigel has legitimate points and he is far from being a troll. Despite so, I disagree with Julius Rigel. BIG Lottery has left quite an impact in the world of EVE and has enriched countless capsuleers' EVE experience ever since its humble founding.

    BIG should be rewarded by CCP for all the effort and sets great precedent for many others to follow to make the game enjoyable for the rest of populous. CCP's sponsorship is marginal at best here and nothing game-changing (AS LONG AS ISHUKONE WATCH SCORPION IS AVAILABLE VIA OTHER MEANS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS EVENT).
    #16 Posted: 2013.05.03 21:54  |  Edited by: Julius Rigel
    v3rtigo wrote:
    SCL gets the overlay only because CCP I-forget-his-name sets it up and streams it to them on his own time.
    Personally I think this wrong (and I'd be happy to go into detail on that opinion in private).

    But I'm only concerned with the fact that this happens on such an under-the-table basis. Why not advertise the fact that players can get extra stuff if they fulfil some criterion or other? So what if those criteria are arbitrary? That's OK.

    v3rtigo wrote:
    Come up with something original and interesting for players
    But I have, and yet I was never offered custom ships as prizes.

    v3rtigo wrote:
    CCP or individuals from CCP give you support.
    Yeah, personally I disagree with this policy.

    The Antiquarian wrote:
    Julius Rigel has legitimate points and he is far from being a troll. Despite so, I disagree with Julius Rigel. BIG Lottery has left quite an impact in the world of EVE and has enriched countless capsuleers' EVE experience ever since its humble founding.

    BIG should be rewarded by CCP for all the effort and sets great precedent for many others to follow to make the game enjoyable for the rest of populous. CCP's sponsorship is marginal at best here and nothing game-changing (AS LONG AS ISHUKONE WATCH SCORPION IS AVAILABLE VIA OTHER MEANS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS EVENT).
    In the context of my desire for the game I love to have a happy, healthy community; do whatever it takes, even if that means preferential treatment, even if that means every battleship is shaped like a My Little Pony to appeal to the brony demographic, even if that means making exclusive ships and textures. Whatever it takes to keep EVE Online alive and thriving.

    Personally I don't think CCP should be giving out ANY type of ship, exclusive or not, or anything else, for that matter. But that's a matter of my philosophy.
    #17 Posted: 2013.05.03 23:14
    The Antiquarian wrote:
    Julius Rigel wrote:
    Haru Kion wrote:
    Bad forum dwellers are bad as usual. Keep it up TS, been a blast joining them draws.
    I think what TS has accomplished is amazing! A kudos to you, TornSoul!

    But I think it's not very nice of the CCP staff to both give preferential treatment and pretend that they don't.

    DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'm not saying preferential treatment is bad or they should stop. I'm just saying it's a little silly of them to have one branch of the company make all these trailers saying "EVE is a sandbox universe where everyone starts off with nothing and makes their own choices and builds their own empire with the tools that are available", and then have another branch of the company using tools and resources that aren't available to everyone to promote certain events and individuals.

    Again, I'm all for preferential treatment. That's great. If part of the game is making friends with someone employed by CCP to gain benefits, or writing in to the staff to get a piece of the pie, great. That's fine. But do one or the other. Either run a level playing field, or make sure everyone knows that you're not running a level playing field.

    I'd offer a free bump in support of BIG, whom I respect so much for their hard work and accomplishment, but what with the sticky and all...


    Julius Rigel has legitimate points and he is far from being a troll. Despite so, I disagree with Julius Rigel. BIG Lottery has left quite an impact in the world of EVE and has enriched countless capsuleers' EVE experience ever since its humble founding.

    BIG should be rewarded by CCP for all the effort and sets great precedent for many others to follow to make the game enjoyable for the rest of populous. CCP's sponsorship is marginal at best here and nothing game-changing (AS LONG AS ISHUKONE WATCH SCORPION IS AVAILABLE VIA OTHER MEANS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS EVENT).

    Sure, a for-profit organization gets given free stuff by CCP to make even more profit? How is this any different from the T2 BPO cheating back in the day? or any other form of dev cheating? It could just as easily be claimed that any of those other for-profits that were given free stuff improved peoples' lives even more than some lotto scam.
    Maxim 34: If you're leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    #18 Posted: 2013.05.04 01:00
    mkint wrote:
    How is this any different from the T2 BPO cheating back in the day? or any other form of dev cheating?
    Some dev cheating (yes, we're both using this term without quotation marks), such as raffling off T2 BPOs, seems to make the general consumer base more happy, while other dev cheating, such as giving T2 BPOs to arbitrary corporations and just skipping the raffling step of the raffle, seems to make the general populace less happy. That's the difference.

    I agree that ideally they would do none of it. Don't give any special tool or prize to anybody who is logging on to the server to participate in the gameplay in any way, shape, or form.

    If you are logging on to the server as a game master to fix a problem or investigate an issue you can use any tools necessary, including despawning / spawning ships and items that have become unusable or lost due to some problem with the software. OTHERWISE you are logging in as a player, and you should abide by the same game mechanics as everyone else.
    #19 Posted: 2013.05.04 01:52
    mkint wrote:
    Sure, a for-profit organization gets given free stuff by CCP to make even more profit?


    The BIG Lottery is non-profit (if that's the organization you where referring to) - Just to put that straight.
    And BIG has even put a little bit into the prize pool on occasions

    Note that "The BIG Lottery" and "BIG" the corporation are economically completely separate - I know that can be confusing to some at times.

    "BIG Games" the character that holds the lottery purse, was in fact not even a member of BIG for a long time - exacectly to drive that point home.
    But due to scammers I eventually had to have "BIG Games" join BIG, so people had *some* way of distinguishing the real "BIG Games" from all the scammers out there.

    ---

    Re preferential treatment:

    I ran the BIG Lottery for a full year - Before ever getting any preferential treatment (prizes)

    And still to this day, 10 years later, it's only that single one time a year that happens - The rest of the time I'm on my own.

    I'm fairly sure that if you run a regular occurring event for a year, and you contact CCP, they would be more than willing to put the spotlight on your event, and add a few nice prizes (I'd be *very* surprised otherwise - CCP are actually quite nice folks)

    On the other side of the coin:
    CCP can't (my opinion) do that for every new startup - That would be manpower (and otherwise) unfeasible.


    So - Hang in there, and contribute something to the community en large for a good while, and I'm sure CCP would be willing to talk to you.

    #20 Posted: 2013.05.04 02:11
    TornSoul wrote:
    The BIG Lottery is non-profit (if that's the organization you where referring to) - Just to put that straight.
    If anyone deserves it, it's absolutely you. We really can't overstate that fact.

    I still think, as I've said above, that the ideal we should strive for is nobody gets preferential treatment. Not players. Not employees who want to run an alliance tournament. Not volunteers with their POLARIS ships. Not nVidia or Intel in General Discussion. Not E-ON magazine on the login screen. Not Julius Rigel in the news section on character select. Not anyone. Nobody. Nobody.

    OR

    Everybody can do those things. But like you said, that's probably not physically possible.
    2 Pages12Next page
    Forum Jump