Issues, Workarounds & Localization

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

4 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Windows XP 64bit client update workaround

Author
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2011.10.20 14:42  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
This is a workaround for users with Windows XP 64bit who are unable to install the client update.

Please open the following folder by pressing Windows Key + R, and paste the following line in the run Window:

English Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\CCP\EVE\
German Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\CCP\EVE\

Depending on the language of your Windows the ‘Application Data’ folder might be localized, so you might need to change this folder name for the above to work. Under there you will find a folder that is named 'c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility' (assuming you've installed EVE in the default location), open this folder.

Now download the following file:

http://content.eveonline.com/codePatch/368752/compiled.code

Place this file in the folder above, and rename it to 343633.code. Now you should have the update installed, so start the client normally and see if the update is still prompted for download. If not, then you've successfully installed the update.

Edit: Updated the link to refer to Escalation 1.0.2 Client Update #1
GM Xamother | Senior Game Master
Minmatar Republic
#2 Posted: 2011.11.29 21:34
Can we get a link to the compiled.code for the Crucible client Update #1 ?

Thanks.
#3 Posted: 2011.11.30 05:57
Having trouble installing the full client on a new PC....says that i cant connect to the URL.....any ideas there for 64 bit xp?
#4 Posted: 2011.11.30 13:03
Can we please get a new compiled code for the latest client update?
#5 Posted: 2011.12.01 12:15
*hugs CCP* I love ya'll, but it's very hard to patch a client that insists it can't patch, can we please have a new update link? I promise i'll play your game for hours if i gets it! :D
C C P Alliance
#6 Posted: 2011.12.01 12:31  |  Edited by: GM Karidor
It's now updated for the Crucible Client Update #3.
GM Karidor | Senior Game Master
#7 Posted: 2011.12.01 18:45
Dear CCP - THANK YOU! Quick Response to my petition leading me here. I'm not as tech-savvy as most EVE players, I thought my computer had a virus or something from all the failed install attempts! Just finished the install and logged in!

Ignore the haters, you guys do good work!
Twilight Imperium
#8 Posted: 2011.12.03 19:51
Is that suppose to work with 32XP? if so.... it doesn't. A pinned thread with updates so we can download em with UNBROKEN download managers would be extremely useful.

I've spent HRS downloading that full offline installer and did a clean install and now it wants to download UPDATE #3, it gets to about 40% and then says it's unable to install update. I haven't been able to log in for 2 days now, in fact, right after I renewed my sub for the month O_o. Am I only allowed 2 weeks out of a month's subscription to play???
C C P Alliance
#9 Posted: 2011.12.03 21:53
AkaiDruiD II wrote:
Is that suppose to work with 32XP? if so.... it doesn't. A pinned thread with updates so we can download em with UNBROKEN download managers would be extremely useful.

I've spent HRS downloading that full offline installer and did a clean install and now it wants to download UPDATE #3, it gets to about 40% and then says it's unable to install update. I haven't been able to log in for 2 days now, in fact, right after I renewed my sub for the month O_o. Am I only allowed 2 weeks out of a month's subscription to play???


Yes this should work in Windows XP 32 bit as well. The only difference is that the default folder is named ''c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility', instead of ''c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility'.
GM Xamother | Senior Game Master
Twilight Imperium
#10 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:02
GM Xamother wrote:
AkaiDruiD II wrote:
Is that suppose to work with 32XP? if so.... it doesn't. A pinned thread with updates so we can download em with UNBROKEN download managers would be extremely useful.

I've spent HRS downloading that full offline installer and did a clean install and now it wants to download UPDATE #3, it gets to about 40% and then says it's unable to install update. I haven't been able to log in for 2 days now, in fact, right after I renewed my sub for the month O_o. Am I only allowed 2 weeks out of a month's subscription to play???


Yes this should work in Windows XP 32 bit as well. The only difference is that the default folder is named ''c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility', instead of ''c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility'.


Well Thanx for answering back but..... I tried it and it doesn't work. It still asks to dl update #3 and I still can't log in. I notice it trying to download this file --v

temp_xkeqsudlq6kjrepxesvm3w==_dl.tmp

Is there a way I can use my download manager that does work, and get it that way??
C C P Alliance
#11 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:08
The file size is quite small, so I don't see using a download manager would make much difference.

Just to make sure, you renamed the file after you placed it in the folder, and the files size was about 5Mb?

Also what is the full path where you installed the EVE client or did you install it in the default folder?
GM Xamother | Senior Game Master
Twilight Imperium
#12 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:18  |  Edited by: AkaiDruiD II
GM Xamother wrote:
The file size is quite small, so I don't see using a download manager would make much difference.

Just to make sure, you renamed the file after you placed it in the folder, and the files size was about 5Mb?

Also what is the full path where you installed the EVE client or did you install it in the default folder?


I did rename it and no the file I download from ur link is 755KB

And Eve is installed in the default folder.

EDIT I'm gonna dl it again...................
Twilight Imperium
#13 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:25
I downloaded it again and this time it was 5mb and it worked...but... the client still restarts before character screen after logging in
Twilight Imperium
#14 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:27  |  Edited by: AkaiDruiD II
I can rush thru and get to character screen and clk alt but it seems that in a certain amount of time the client will restart..

Thank You very much for getting it thru the update part ;) I guess we are half way there now lol

all thats left is being able to Log in before the client restarts itself
C C P Alliance
#15 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:31
AkaiDruiD II wrote:
I downloaded it again and this time it was 5mb and it worked...but... the client still restarts before character screen after logging in


I cannot say directly what could cause the client to restart, but please try resetting both cache & settings. Instructions on how to do this can be found here. Make sure to do both and not just the cache.

If this doesn't help, please file a petition under the Technical / Crash/Lock ups from here, and we will do everything we can to assist.
GM Xamother | Senior Game Master
Twilight Imperium
#16 Posted: 2011.12.03 22:57
I ESC to get settings window(reset setting AND cache) - client restarted. I ESC again, waited 30 seconds, then tried to log in. pop-up said 'socket was closed'. Right after closing that pop-up I logged in and got to character screen and did nothing and waited...... it remained open UNTIL I clicked my character, at which time the client restarted.... are your servers closing sockets again? I had this problem before
C C P Alliance
#17 Posted: 2011.12.03 23:02
No the server is not closing sockets. The socket closed error is usually given when the client has lost 5 packets (due to packetloss) in a row.
GM Xamother | Senior Game Master
Twilight Imperium
#18 Posted: 2011.12.04 18:47
Only 16-20 hops and nothing changed on my end but here are a few interesting nodes;

Name: if-20-2.tcore2.l78-london.as6453.net
IP Address: 216.6.99.14
Location: Westminster (51.506N, 0.128W)
Network: Unknown

Name: if-13-0-0.core4.ldn-london.as6453.net
IP Address: 80.231.131.50
Location: Westminster (51.506N, 0.128W)
Network: 80-RIPE

Name: ix-12-0-0-3045.core4.ldn-london.as6453.net
IP Address: 195.219.67.242
Location: Westminster (51.506N, 0.128W)
Network: LDN-CORE2

Name: srv248-e.ccp.cc
IP Address: 87.237.36.248
Location: REYKJAVIK (64.133N, 21.894W)
Network: 87-RIPE

Name: srv200-g.ccp.cc
IP Address: 87.237.38.200
Location: REYKJAVIK (64.133N, 21.894W)
Network: 87-RIPE
These are the last 5 nodes on the trip and it only at these nodes that it seems to get congested and at one of the london nodes, their server is/was filtering packets....
Twilight Imperium
#19 Posted: 2011.12.04 18:51
I still can't get on, client continues to disconnect. I JUST paid for another month's sub and this is bullshit! I've considered tunnels but I'd be more pissed for paying more just to connect to the ONLY ******* server on EARTH that noone can connect to outside of UK
#20 Posted: 2011.12.06 23:59
Anyone caught out by the latest patch - the download link on this page is fine. Just rename the file 324265.code (the current build) and not 323699.code (the old one)

Thanks for giving us the resources to fix this CCP, and grats on an awesome looking update. But please, PLEASE, fix autopatching.
4 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump