Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
29 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Try our new hacking/archaeology sites!

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-05-22 14:40:17 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Soundwave
Hey everyone

As of today, the data/relic sites (the old hacking/archaeology) sites have been updated for highsec and lowsec. We’re currently working on updating the 0.0 ones, which should be coming within the next 2-3 days.

For now, we’d love it if you tried our new exploration experience. Grab a ship, head into high sec or low sec and scan some signatures. What we’re looking for specifically, is stuff like:


  1. How do you like the look and feel of the new sites? We put in new containers and moved things around.
  2. How do you like the hacking challenge? What were the results? (what was your strength and coherency, did you win the challenges etc)
  3. How do you like the new looting mechanic?


Quick note: This thread is the sites/hacking game/loot mechanic. Probe, system scanner feedback etc, is not for this thread.

Also, I think I'll do a few known issues:


  1. Containers do not despawn properly upon completion


Anyway, we’ll be watching the thread for potential changes, thanks guys.

Soundwave
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2013-05-22 14:40:28 UTC
Sisi is being updated right now btw.
#3 - 2013-05-22 14:41:40 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Sisi is being updated right now btw.

Did the remirror get deployed today?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

C C P Alliance
#4 - 2013-05-22 14:48:46 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Sisi is being updated right now btw.

Did the remirror get deployed today?


Update today, remirror tomorrow!
#5 - 2013-05-22 14:48:48 UTC
The Server says its off line. Is there an ETA for when it will be back up?
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2013-05-22 14:50:28 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
The Server says its off line. Is there an ETA for when it will be back up?


40 minutes max I believe (15:30 EVE time)
#7 - 2013-05-22 14:51:30 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Sisi is being updated right now btw.

Did the remirror get deployed today?


Update today, remirror tomorrow!

Sorry but I cant bug hunt thenCry

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

#8 - 2013-05-22 14:56:45 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Sisi is being updated right now btw.

Did the remirror get deployed today?


Update today, remirror tomorrow!


Great news, Soundwave, thanks!
#9 - 2013-05-22 15:03:24 UTC
Ahnn wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Sisi is being updated right now btw.

Did the remirror get deployed today?


Update today, remirror tomorrow!


Great news, Soundwave, thanks!

Yes it is great news lol.

Now if they got the new auto update password programing in to days build everything would be perfect.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

#10 - 2013-05-22 15:04:29 UTC
I wonder how COSMOS archeology sites and Epic ark missions that require hacking\archeology will be affected with those changes?
I hope developers didn't forget to update loot tables for those old containers.. Roll
Ushra'Khan
#11 - 2013-05-22 15:04:36 UTC
login right now, cant wait to try it
#12 - 2013-05-22 15:04:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Azorria
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Also, I think I'll do a few known issues:


  1. There are some performance issues related to the clouds in some sites
  2. The 0.0 sites have all the containers on top of each other


Anyway, we'll be watching the thread for potential changes, thanks guys.

Soundwave

There are major performance issues with ALL the clouds, in every site / mission in the entire game - can you please, please, please just remove the damn things already, or at least make them optional. It would probably be one of the most popular features in the entire expansion.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Point Blank Alliance
#13 - 2013-05-22 15:09:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Domanique Altares
Grey Azorria wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
Also, I think I'll do a few known issues:


  1. There are some performance issues related to the clouds in some sites
  2. The 0.0 sites have all the containers on top of each other


Anyway, we'll be watching the thread for potential changes, thanks guys.

Soundwave

There are major performance issues with ALL the clouds, in every site / mission in the entire game - can you please, please, please just remove the damn things already, or at least make them optional. It would probably be the most popular feature in the entire expansion.


+1.

At least add an option in configuration to remove these clouds. EVE is pretty, but I can't see it when I'm zoomed all the way out to try and salvage what little FPS I can when I'm having to navigate through one of these horrid things.
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2013-05-22 15:12:07 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
I wonder how COSMOS archeology sites and Epic ark missions that require hacking\archeology will be affected with those changes?
I hope developers didn't forget to update loot tables for those old containers.. Roll


Should be taken care of. The rule of thumb should be if a container has a "vital" component for completion, it will not scatter (and thereby not risk getting stuck), but if a container only contains loot, the scatter mechanic will apply.
Gate Camp Theory
#15 - 2013-05-22 15:17:42 UTC
how much are these sites even worth for isk? Would one of these in lowsec be as profitable as a gas cloud ladar site in lowsec?

TunDraGon Director ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

My ship fits

Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-05-22 15:26:03 UTC
There was a lot of negativity expressed towards the scatter mechanic, the difficulty / player skill required for the hacking game and the loot (ie: junk) released in this thread Has this been addressed?
#17 - 2013-05-22 15:32:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Kor'el Izia
Dax Buchanan wrote:
There was a lot of negativity expressed towards the scatter mechanic, the difficulty / player skill required for the hacking game and the loot (ie: junk) released in this thread Has this been addressed?

I think a lot of the potential damage could be mitigated by simply reusing the jetcan mechanics; allowing the scattered cans to live for 1-2h.

I quite like the anology someone posted to the fisherman
#18 - 2013-05-22 15:34:45 UTC
Found a Decayed Guristas Particle Accelerator .4 space.
Virus Strength is 30 Coherence is 125.
I was able to complete the first spew can with about 50 Coherence remaining, the loot was worth about 12,200 ISK.
The next 3 spew cans I was not able to successfully hack, and were destroyed.
New Mini-Game overall challenge 8/10.
Loot for Difficulty 1/10

The Dust cloud killed my FPS also
#19 - 2013-05-22 15:41:46 UTC
Not very well so far.

http://eve-files.com/dl/262592

Can is inside station and has a invisible wall keeping me about 7k away.

Site is "Decayed Blood Raider Mass Grave".

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Ushra'Khan
#20 - 2013-05-22 15:43:17 UTC
sorting option (by clicking the "Distance" "ID" etc.) not functional
29 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump