Ships & Modules

^ Back to top
100 Pages123Next pageLast page

EFT v2.22.2 - Rubicon 1.3

Author
#1 Posted: 2011.10.21 20:46  |  Edited by: Gripen
EFT version 2.22.2 (Released: 12 March 2014)
Alternative mirror

Archive file md5 sum is: e3692a5b8fa18cd8f4693f8bdc3d1d9b
Archive file sha256 sum is: 4f7bd88eaf948bf4b6a75617c44edf0675529bab49d9e8a1cfb91cb5159d7d97

If you are new to EFT or have a question check FAQ.txt included to EFT archive before asking here. This little document covers few questions which have been asked multiple times already.

Officially supported platforms: Windows XP, Windows 7. There is no plans for non-Windows versions.

If you enjoy EFT and want to support its further development and maintenance you can do so via Paypal to evefittingtool@mail.ru

Known issues:
  • Mining Foreman Mindlink do not apply its bonus in some cases. It is recommended to plug it into some character in Character Editor and use this character as Squad\Wing\Fleet Commander for mining yield bonus to apply.
  • It is possible to use 6 gas cloud harvesters in EFT while in game only 5 can be activated at once with max skills.
  • <..> Strategic Cruiser and Thermodynamics will be listed in affecting skills of <..> Engineering - Supplemental Coolant Injector subsystems. This is display issue only.
  • Mining Laser Crystals do not list all their skill requirements due to ore reprocessing skills are not included in EFT database
  • Siege Modules do not affect maximum locked target count as they should
  • Industrial Core I will display incorrect Heavy Water consumption quantity when fitted to Rorqual.

Possible technical issues and workarounds:
  • Issue: Tooltips for missing skills indicator or ship bonuses appear empty without any text.
  • Solution: Create a shortcut for EFT.exe and add /OldHints switch to the Target box. Launch EFT with this shortcut.
  • Issue: Item icons display incorrectly, usually with black background.
  • Solution: If you are using 16-bit screen color depth try switching to 32-bit. Also try "Force high-color icons" option in EFT Preferences.
  • Issue: Some text, most noticeable groupbox captions in Setups window appear bolded and truncated.
  • Solution: This is caused by incompatibility between EFT and your Windows theme. Try a different one or disable use of themes for EFT only (Open Properties dialog for EFT.exe, click "Compatibility" tab and check "Disable visual themes").
  • Issue: On the first start or after an update EFT gives errors on startup like "File not found" or "Read beyond end of file" or "Acces violation".
  • Solution: If this happens after an update refer to FAQ.txt for recommended update procedure. If this happens on the first start make sure you've instructed software you are using to extract archive to keep directory structure when extracting files.
#2 Posted: 2011.10.21 20:48
Welcome back.
Amarr Empire
#3 Posted: 2011.10.21 21:06  |  Edited by: Wylee Coyote
Thank you Gripen!
#4 Posted: 2011.10.21 22:15
Thank you very much for your continued support of this essential Eve Tool. You are a god among men.
#5 Posted: 2011.10.21 23:10
Thank you Sir!
Pain is short, and joy is eternal.
Caldari State
#6 Posted: 2011.10.21 23:35
Many thanks, Gripen.
Goonswarm Federation
#7 Posted: 2011.10.24 04:25
I would like a feature that lets me import a "character" via a txt skill plan from EVEMon in addition to the current API import.

This way as I help new players plan to get into a specific fit, I can import the fit, import a skill plan for a new player, and see what other fitting skills they might need to add to their plan. I do this today by manually creating a character to see if I thought of everything.

Or it would be even better if EFT could export a recommended skill plan for a new player that takes into consideration fitting skills (CPU/Powergrid/Upgrade skills etc) for a particular fit that they could then import into EVEmon.

Late Night Alliance
#8 Posted: 2011.10.24 05:16
Does this latest version accept the new API codes?
Change isn't bad, but it isn't always good. Sometimes, the oldest and most simple of things can be the most elegant and effective.

"How did you veterans start?"
Amarr Empire
#9 Posted: 2011.10.24 05:44
ShahFluffers wrote:

Yes.
#10 Posted: 2011.10.24 05:58
FalconX Blast wrote:
I would like a feature that lets me import a "character" via a txt skill plan from EVEMon in addition to the current API import.

This way as I help new players plan to get into a specific fit, I can import the fit, import a skill plan for a new player, and see what other fitting skills they might need to add to their plan. I do this today by manually creating a character to see if I thought of everything.

Or it would be even better if EFT could export a recommended skill plan for a new player that takes into consideration fitting skills (CPU/Powergrid/Upgrade skills etc) for a particular fit that they could then import into EVEmon.

When you have a ship fitting open in EFT, with an underskilled charachter, EFT will have a red bar indicating missing skills next to the charachter selection in the fitting window. Hover over this and missing skills will be listed.
Late Night Alliance
#11 Posted: 2011.10.24 06:52  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Wylee Coyote wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

Yes.

I appear to have done something wrong then. Downloaded it and it seems to not care for the new APIs. What?

edit: I get an error saying: wininet error #127 : (Unknown WININET error # 127)
Change isn't bad, but it isn't always good. Sometimes, the oldest and most simple of things can be the most elegant and effective.

"How did you veterans start?"
Agony Empire
#12 Posted: 2011.10.24 12:19
ITT: Gripen, developer of one of the most honored third party Eve utilities, gets only 35 forum "likes."

Also, thanks for the new version!
#13 Posted: 2011.10.24 15:37
<3<3<3
Company Company
#14 Posted: 2011.10.24 15:41
Keep up the good work.
#15 Posted: 2011.10.24 16:50
Thanks again!
"Measure Twice, Cut Once."
#16 Posted: 2011.10.24 16:51
Thanks for the update. Cool
#17 Posted: 2011.10.24 17:43
Thx for the good job.
#18 Posted: 2011.10.24 19:53
FalconX Blast wrote:

EVEMon has the ability to export any character in EFT format.
Also from within the Skill Planner you get the ability to export a character in EFT format as it would be after completing that plan.

@Gripen
Thanks for a great app.
Silent Requiem
#19 Posted: 2011.10.24 22:51
I heared rumors about EFT not lasting alot longer due to the new Api's. Can this be confirmed or deny this ?
Jitters 4-4: Eve Online Comic   In the Future when reffering to Noobs we should say "This pilot doesn't have them all on Level 5"  instead!
Goonswarm Federation
#20 Posted: 2011.10.25 11:15
Rhapsodae wrote:
I heared rumors about EFT not lasting alot longer due to the new Api's. Can this be confirmed or deny this ?

This is the first version that works with the new apis and it looks like it has some troubles sometimes but it does work eventually.
100 Pages123Next pageLast page