EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
8 Pages123Next pageLast page

Get rid of gate camps.

First post
Author
#1 - 2013-06-26 07:38:11 UTC
So I would like CCP to some how do away with gate camps.
I Do not have the full details on how this will work out.
My goal is not to lower the amount of pvp but do something to increase it.
Gate camps to me are not real pvp. I would like ccp to implement something to add more pvp to EVE without the use of gate camps. I am not sure what they could do to make this happen but I would like to see more pvp but little to no gate camps at all.

Maybe add lvl 6 agent to low to draw people into system and engage them at the site. Like i said I don't know how to pull this off but gate camps are boring and lame there needs to be a lot more options for pvp
#2 - 2013-06-26 07:40:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jint Hikaru
So please share the story of where the nasty gate camp touched you inappropriately.

It gives the tears posting more backstory!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-06-26 07:41:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Knights Armament
Majindoom Shi wrote:
Gate camps to me are not real pvp. I would like ccp to implement something to add more pvp to EVE without the use of gate camps. I am not sure what they could do to make this happen but I would like to see more pvp but little to no gate camps at all.

Maybe add lvl 6 agent to low to draw people into system and engage them at the site. Like i said I don't know how to pull this off but gate camps are boring and lame there needs to be a lot more options for pvp

CCP should add a ship specifically for getting rid of gate camps, I envision a ship like the one from star trek armada,

Phoenix
Romulan Phoenix-class superweapon

Role: Super weapon
Crew: 50
Officers: 5
Construction time: 40
Dilithium cost: 3,000
Shield strength: 300
Special weapon: rift creator (create a rift in space time, destroying everything within range, including itself)
Omega containment vessel
#4 - 2013-06-26 07:41:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ravnik
You want to get rid of campers....and you are in a corp called "We the Gankers"...i LOL'd at work at this Lol

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-06-26 07:44:18 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:

Good news. CCP lets you, the player, do this because it's obviously part of the game Blink

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-06-26 07:49:30 UTC
Only way to get rid of gate camps is to do away with the blob warfare, as a way to encourage small gang PvP (which should be the main PvP fare as it encourages having fun with your RL friends).

But the main problem is the cost to PvP is so high. Want more PvP and even attract more PvErs to engage in it here and there, the price for it has to come down. With the inflation in the game (100% ratio in 3 years), that's not going to happen anytime soon.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-06-26 08:12:15 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Only way to get rid of gate camps is to do away with the blob warfare, as a way to encourage small gang PvP (which should be the main PvP fare as it encourages having fun with your RL friends).

But the main problem is the cost to PvP is so high. Want more PvP and even attract more PvErs to engage in it here and there, the price for it has to come down. With the inflation in the game (100% ratio in 3 years), that's not going to happen anytime soon.

none of my RL friends would go near a video game like eve

once people reach a certain age all they do is complain about money and their ugly girlfriend they knocked up
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-06-26 08:14:31 UTC
1. Buff gate guns
2. Add more things in space people can warp to directly that are profitable or wanted
Yulai Federation
#9 - 2013-06-26 08:19:26 UTC
gates r fine
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-06-26 08:25:58 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:

Want to beat the Blob?

Goku Fleet.
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-06-26 09:31:16 UTC
Gates are fine.
Camps are the issue.
Campers blow up everything they are able to catch and kill, regardless of value, be that Isk or Tactical.
IF campers took the time to scan a ship to see if it had anything worth the ammo of killing and released those ships that did not, then you might see some decent gameplay.
However, there is always the Killmail Value and Bragging Rights, and aslong as those things carry any kind of weight, gate camps will remain until there is a better/easier way for the campers to get their jollies.

The problem here isnt the mechanics, its the nature of the human animal.
Interhole Revenue Service
#12 - 2013-06-26 09:34:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Liafcipe9000
Here is the ship you're looking for: http://i.imgur.com/t2ZGfrd.jpg
The Initiative.
#13 - 2013-06-26 09:37:22 UTC
Dorrann wrote:
Gates are fine.
Camps are the issue.
Campers blow up everything they are able to catch and kill, regardless of value, be that Isk or Tactical.
IF campers took the time to scan a ship to see if it had anything worth the ammo of killing and released those ships that did not, then you might see some decent gameplay.
However, there is always the Killmail Value and Bragging Rights, and aslong as those things carry any kind of weight, gate camps will remain until there is a better/easier way for the campers to get their jollies.

The problem here isnt the mechanics, its the nature of the human animal.

There's a good reason gate camps operate the way that they do, from my direct experience:

(1) You have to successfully tackle a target to see what's inside it. It takes longer to do a scan and check than it does to simply blow up the target and find out, and it's not any easier to do it.

(2) People aren't always super truthful about how much ISk they have to pay things like ransoms. And they're generally not willing to pay at all, meaning the pirates will have wasted everybody's time to trying to follow your suggestion

(3) Other people may come along at any time and interrupt the proceedings

(4) You'd be amazed at the valuables people will move through lo-sec in hilariously unsuitable ships. Yes even noobships.

What it boils down to is: the optimal strategy is to explode whatever you catch, check the wreck and wait for the next guy. Complaining about pirates doing this is about as useful as complaining about mission runners blitzing for LP.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

The Initiative.
#14 - 2013-06-26 09:41:57 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:

Wow you're right. OK I just used my time machine and went back in time and forced the devs on Team Five-0 to completely rework the entire range of T1 frigates and cruisers for the Retribution expansion, so that they're amazingly good now. They didn't want to make it possible to buy viable PvP hulls for under 10 mill ISK and fly them with less than 1M SP, but when they saw the pictures I had of them, the sheep and the jello tub, well, that argument was soon ended.

(Of course they'll pretend they wanted to do this all along. But now you know the truth.)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

#15 - 2013-06-26 10:12:12 UTC
Malcanis you're turning into a shitposter. Welcome aboard.

Easiest way to 'fix' gates is make the 'ball' you spawn in once jumping through 200kms radius.

If you get caught at a camp in a system you are already in, then you deserve it.

[u]**Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote: **[/u]  CCP should not only make local delayed in highsec, but they should also require one be undocked to use it. Then, even the local spammers have some skin in the game. Support a High Resolution Texture Pack

#16 - 2013-06-26 10:22:30 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:

Ever thought about FW?

You will get pvp daily.

I find gate camps an annoying incovienience, I do loose ships to them but in all honesty eve has become a playground of blobs and over kill.

Caldari State
#17 - 2013-06-26 10:32:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
Join a nullsec alliance and use their bridges. Make sure to move around in a fleet of 80 when going outside blue territory, and never volunteer to +1.
#18 - 2013-06-26 11:21:16 UTC
i gave up pvp a few years ago because it was too boring....you cant avoid gate camps because they are the bottlenecks the universe is tied together with. Of course you fight at the gate because that is where the defending fleet has the most advantage.

what would be cool if ccp added in stuff to make pvp more interesting - space anomalies or gas clouds (that dont appear on directional or overview) that can bring you out of warp or effect certain ships systems - longer to lock, lower resists, slower movement, faster movement etc - bit like in wormholes but only apply to small areas within a system.

That way the gate wont be the obvious only place to fight - if you put the effort in to scout (probe scan) a system properly and find out whats there, a shield tanking fleet that know the enemy is predominantly armor, might choose to position themselves in an a area of space that gives a shield resist boost or a armor resist reduction - when the armors come in they might just go right for them with no regard and find themselves at a disadvantage or they may be cautious and scan first and then try to find a way to lure the sheild fleet out etc etc.

tactics wise, atm there isnt much to consider in eve pvp (numbers, ship composition, are they in a dead end) which makes it very boring.
#19 - 2013-06-26 11:26:14 UTC
What is real pvp?

If players are shooting at each other it is pvp despite your personal feelings of injustice or honour.

The-Culture
#20 - 2013-06-26 11:27:44 UTC
Oh, the "more easy targets for me, less targets for the others" thread...Lol
8 Pages123Next pageLast page