EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

New Player Training Sessions - Overview and Feedback

First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-10-15 17:43:30 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
The EVE Community Team will be holding regular seminars in an effort to help get rookie pilots through the rough first few days. These seminars are called "New Player Training Sessions" and will hopefully help new players getting a more educated start into EVE Online.

To join those training sessions, please join the chat channel "New Player Training Sessions" at the scheduled times. To join that chat channel, open the chat channel menu from your Neocom, type New Player Training Sessions in the chat channel field and then click the join button.

A dev blog about the New Player Training Sessions is available here: New Player Training Sessions dev blog

Schedule for the first Session track (PVP orientated)
October 15, 17:00 UTC – Modules
October 17, 17:00 UTC – Fitting Your Ship
October 22, 17:00 UTC – Earning ISK
October 24, 17:00 UTC – The Overview and UI
October 29, 17:00 UTC – Piloting Your Ship
October 31, 17:00 UTC – Skills
November 5, 17:00 UTC – Crimewatch
November 7, 17:00 UTC – Combat Basics
November 12, 17:00 UTC – Teamwork
November 16, 17:00 UTC – PVP Fleet
November 18, 17:00 UTC – Progression: What’s Next?

Please use this thread for feedback and suggestions, thank you! We will monitor the feedback and refine the training sessions over time.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

#2 - 2013-10-15 18:29:30 UTC
https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/8/87/Propulsion.png

Isn't that supposed to be 100 km?

Thanks for the session.
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2013-10-15 18:40:45 UTC
Raziel Walker wrote:
https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/8/87/Propulsion.png
Isn't that supposed to be 100 km?
Thank you, that typo has been corrected! The Micro Jump Drive moves you 100 km forward indeed.

Raziel Walker wrote:
Thanks for the session.
Don't miss the next session on Thursday, October 17, 2013!

Fraternity.
#4 - 2013-10-16 01:15:32 UTC
nice article :D

i've missed the sessions as i must have a sleep at that time (GMT+8)

after reading the whole pages
here's my comment
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/File:ArmorPlates.png
in the armor plate description, the mass increase should be state as "reduce the agility of the ship", since it does not lower the max speed, but the acceleration and orbiting.
Darkblad
#5 - 2013-10-16 15:21:57 UTC
That NPTS related evelopedia page really is some good idea! Are there any plans from the Community Team to provide translated versions for this or should those capable of languages other than English stand in and do it - with respect to the information and pictures provided by the english original?
Those rookies not familiar with English will have a great source of information w/o a language barrier then Big smile

NPEISDRIP

C C P Alliance
#6 - 2013-10-17 17:28:18 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
That NPTS related evelopedia page really is some good idea! Are there any plans from the Community Team to provide translated versions for this or should those capable of languages other than English stand in and do it - with respect to the information and pictures provided by the english original? Those rookies not familiar with English will have a great source of information w/o a language barrier then Big smile

We are aware of the language barrier and are considering some solutions. A direct translation of the EVElopedia pages might not work if we modify the Training Sessions for language specific communities. In general, though, we welcome everyone from the EVE community helping our non-English speaking communities! (Special thanks are going to Darkblad for his help for the German community)

#7 - 2013-10-17 17:53:07 UTC
I have now followed two of the aired seminars. My top feeling is that devs dont knwo what the heck theyre talking about.

Dont want to discourage these, but you cant just login and throw one of these lectures. I should be prepared couple days before, write down things that should be mentioned. Etc....

Some of the fittings choises might need some rethink. Im prettysure no new player has patience to train medium tech2 ammunition in firts few months. Cheked my indy alt, takes 32 days to get basic use of Medium NULL ammo....

Honestly, maybe next series CCP should hire EvEUni staff to do these. Real player is always better then dev that dosent play. And thats my first impression here. Dev talking stuff he dosent know.

But for really new players, i quess its much better then the usuall nothing. Even if tutorials have improved a lot, theres still a lot of work needed for them. Way too many new players just skip them...

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Together We Solo
#8 - 2013-10-22 21:39:59 UTC
I used to train newbies how to be as awesome at PvP as me, and I'm down to volunteer to help out with the sessions if CCP wants to outsource to the playerbase.

Not EvE Uni, they can't fight without 50 ships to kill 3 frigates.
A Band Apart.
#9 - 2013-10-25 13:41:40 UTC
Are there any plans to run these sessions regularly? Say, every couple of months?

I won't be able to join this time round but I would like to in the future

dehino 'smin yathā dehe kaumāraḿ yauvanaḿ jarātathā dehāntara-prāptir dhīras tatra na muhyati

C C P Alliance
#10 - 2013-10-28 09:54:36 UTC
The plan is to have these sessions be re-occurring, with a different focus each time. The track we are currently following is directed towards PvP-style gameplay, while the next track might be focused towards exploration or mining.

We will also be constantly improving the sessions in any way we can as we proceed. It is an organic project and it will continue to grow as we keep it going.

CCP Gargant | EVE Universe esports Coordinator

Affirmative.
#11 - 2013-11-14 00:46:01 UTC
Quote:
"The fleet finder allows you to find any active fleets that have adverts up, so you don't need an invitation to join the group you want to. The fleet's controller can set up a fleet advert, specifying the parameters pilots need to meet to be eligible to join. This can range from nothing (an open fleet) to corporation or standing specific numbers." CCP Garant

http://eve-files.com/dl/265851
errata, CCP Garant. "NO ONE HAS ACCESS" Please either promise this is something you'd like to see as a suggestion, and may i be the (probably not) the first to make such a suggestion. oh wait ...or, on the other hand please tell us that this feature is indeed part of a future patch planned soon™
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-11-18 00:48:19 UTC
As a newbie i found the pvp event nerve racking and hell of a fun, you hear so much about low-sec an see so many videos on it that (well for me anyhow) its really the one place you want to go and experience, im glad you guys gave me the opportunity to experience a small bit of it in such a fun manner, hopefully when my characters abit older an more experienced i can go and experience it to it's fullest :)

I'd love to see more of them in the future tbh
Affirmative.
#13 - 2013-11-18 02:56:50 UTC
still waiting for that pvp fleet link
#14 - 2013-11-20 20:07:16 UTC
I cant believe i missed this!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do more of this.
I am starting again for the third time.. All the other times i have quit because it's to hard and i get lost in the vastness of the game.

I really want to learn the grips..
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2013-11-22 10:51:33 UTC
Art Obscura wrote:
I cant believe i missed this!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do more of this.
I am starting again for the third time.. All the other times i have quit because it's to hard and i get lost in the vastness of the game.

I really want to learn the grips..

Currently we are planning the next track of the New Player Training Sessions. The good feedback and enthusiasm of the participants encouraged us to continue these sessions.

In the meanwhile you can check some of the educations organizations in EVE Online, for example EVE University.

Coalition of the Unfortunate
#16 - 2013-11-22 11:13:08 UTC
The guy above is right, there is no way to have a fully public fleet. You have to be individually invited, hence why you'll see floods of people X'ing up at public events.

If CCP is doing fleets then someone might have to devhax an automated 'type X to join' function in the chat window.
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#17 - 2013-11-22 12:16:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Great job. These lessons are not linked any where in game yet however. They need to be linked either in the help menu or at least referenced and then highlighted again in the NPE.

The fact that the help window tutorials are only mentioned once at the end of the main start up training and not in the individual career agents needs to be cleaned up as well.

There needs to be a session about the esc menu and neocom about options that most players have turned on that are not default.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

C C P Alliance
#18 - 2013-11-22 16:36:48 UTC
The next New Player Training Session track has been announced:

Exploration

The new sessions will start on November 27 and will run mostly Wednesdays and Saturdays - that is a change from the previous Tuesdays/Thursdays schedule.

Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-11-22 17:13:46 UTC
ohhh sign me up im dying to get my paws into some exploration, just not got the brains for it lol, maybe some better explanation will help
#20 - 2013-11-22 19:48:55 UTC
Keep up the great work CCP!I Wish they had this 6months ago( or maybe they did and I missed it when I started) instead of learning by trial and error better late than never. Im not a new player however I ant old so may I drop in?lol Cheers!

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

2 Pages12Next page