EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
6 Pages123Next pageLast page

CCP layoffs

Author
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2013-12-11 19:59:21 UTC
Here

I guess this means WoD is finally put out of it's misery...Does this mean the "community reps"will be getting the ax as well?
#2 - 2013-12-11 20:06:18 UTC
I didn't see this one coming.....

I swear!

Last Calamity
#3 - 2013-12-11 20:09:08 UTC
Wow, they practically waited until Christmas day for this.

Smooth.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Vae. Victis.
#4 - 2013-12-11 20:09:36 UTC
Considering WOD was featured prominently as part of the CCP line up (EVE, DUST, VALKYRIE, WOD) in their latest video I kinda seriously doubt they suddenly decided to stop development.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

#5 - 2013-12-11 20:11:42 UTC
Yeah, lay offs can only mean that things are going down, not up. Besides, why couldn't most of these guys be moved over to work on EVE? If it was the money and not their role I wonder where CCP's going...

The Drake is a Lie

Destination SkillQueue
#6 - 2013-12-11 20:11:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
Clearly DUST and the recent expansions have been so successful, that CCP decided they don't need to make any more new games and can rely solely on their existing megahits.

Seriously I doubt they'll kill WOD, since it's currently their best chance of making another popular game. It's a known franchise with a popular theme. You'd have to be a colossal fool to let it die.

PS. Merry Christmas indeed
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-12-11 20:14:36 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Considering WOD was featured prominently as part of the CCP line up (EVE, DUST, VALKYRIE, WOD) in their latest video I kinda seriously doubt they suddenly decided to stop development.

They did base the development out of the Atlanta office. Would not be the first time they did a 180 with marketing.
#8 - 2013-12-11 20:16:53 UTC
Last time they did layoffs it was the end of decent live events.

This time.. eh not so much.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Last Calamity
#9 - 2013-12-11 20:17:54 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
Yeah, lay offs can only mean that things are going down, not up. Besides, why couldn't most of these guys be moved over to work on EVE? If it was the money and not their role I wonder where CCP's going...

CCP is in dire straights, as evidenced by their donation of 200k to charity.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

#10 - 2013-12-11 20:18:39 UTC
Just wait for any announcement but please enjoy speculating :P Keeps people's minds working :P
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-12-11 20:22:31 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
People on twitter said things and some dude in China is no longer with the company eve is dying help me obi-wan kenobi you're my only hope
It's like people aren't aware of what rumors are and how they get started.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Caldari State
#12 - 2013-12-11 20:24:28 UTC
As there is a total lack of evidence outside of a couple Twitter posts I would hold off making any predictions. It may just be that these few people did a Google search and saw all the articles about layoffs without realizing the articles were years old. Or it might have been a single person who posted wrong information and it spread without any fact checking, which is a common scenario on social media websites.
Vae. Victis.
#13 - 2013-12-11 20:26:25 UTC
Thead Enco wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

They did base the development out of the Atlanta office. Would not be the first time they did a 180 with marketing.

Anything is possible of course, but the only reason WOD would be dropped is if they ran into a technical limitation that was insurmountable... which is highly unlikely.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

#14 - 2013-12-11 20:31:01 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Thead Enco wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

Anything is possible of course, but the only reason WOD would be dropped is if they ran into a technical limitation that was insurmountable... which is highly unlikely.

You mean like their complete inability to come up with any fix for lag, other than lag for everyone?

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Independent Faction
#15 - 2013-12-11 20:32:25 UTC
It's not like CCP is going to come out and say 'We laid off a bunch of people because our profit margin sucks'.
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-12-11 20:32:39 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
You mean like their complete inability to come up with any fix for lag, other than lag for everyone?

Yeah CCP while you're at it could you tell us if P = NP I've been waiting forever a chimp could have figured it out by now.

Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-12-11 20:37:30 UTC
EvE dying?
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-12-11 20:40:28 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
People on twitter said things and some dude in China is no longer with the company eve is dying help me obi-wan kenobi you're my only hope
It's like people aren't aware of what rumors are and how they get started.

Agreed!

I doubt they are dropping WOD due to the fact they are going to need a new game eventually... or an EVE 2.0 of sorts maybe with a different lore.

On a side note, if they are doing layoffs my thoughts go out to all the families.
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-12-11 20:41:12 UTC
CCP Bro's sheep's head and hakarl addiction really cut into the company's profit margins this year. Naturally we'll just lay off some americans because lol

Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2013-12-11 20:49:34 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Thead Enco wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

Its more of a 'Hilmar bought a failing RPG studio in 2006 whilst on a Brennivin and rotten shark binge and we've been trying to make lemonade out of these rotten lemons without success for 6 years now' limitation.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

6 Pages123Next pageLast page