Ships & Modules

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page
 

What is the Fastest Ship in Eve?

Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 Posted: 2011.11.08 16:03

There have been so many changes, does any one know the fastest ship currently in Eve?

Minmatar Republic
#2 Posted: 2011.11.08 16:23
crusader with 10MN mwd (and pwg mods of course)
#3 Posted: 2011.11.08 16:54
I can EFT a Navy Slicer that gets 24km/s cap-stable in a C6 Black Hole WH with a Mindlinked Loki boosting. That's the best cap-stable fit I've seen (it gets 12km/s in k-space and 9495m/s without the Loki or WH).
Minmatar Republic
#4 Posted: 2011.11.08 17:13
mxzf wrote:
I can EFT a Navy Slicer that gets 24km/s cap-stable in a C6 Black Hole WH with a Mindlinked Loki boosting. That's the best cap-stable fit I've seen (it gets 12km/s in k-space and 9495m/s without the Loki or WH).


Can you post your fit? I get better results with the Dramiel than I do the Slicer.

Thanks
#5 Posted: 2011.11.08 18:45
Rumor has it that you can hit 14km/s in a tornado with links and implants in Kspace.
Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.
#6 Posted: 2011.11.08 19:01
Top speed is probably 24.9au/s with a covert-ops/interceptor with 2x Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer IIs plus a HY-2.5 implant that provides a 15% warp speed boost.

#7 Posted: 2011.11.08 19:12
[Imperial Navy Slicer, SPEED]
Micro 'Vigor' I Core Augmentation
Micro 'Vigor' I Core Augmentation
Thukker Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Ammatar Navy Power Diagnostic System
Ammatar Navy Power Diagnostic System

Corelum C-Type 10MN MicroWarpdrive
True Sansha Cap Recharger

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Dynamic Fuel Valve II

And I'd forgotten about implants and such before. With them it caps out at 25.2km/s and is still cap-stable.
Amarr Empire
#8 Posted: 2011.11.08 19:19
stoicfaux wrote:
Top speed is probably 24.9au/s with a covert-ops/interceptor with 2x Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer IIs plus a HY-2.5 implant that provides a 15% warp speed boost.



Nice literal interpretation. Does the high warp speed influence the warp acceleration time? As in, can you instawarp anywhere in a 20 AU system?

 Though All Men Do Despise Us
#9 Posted: 2011.11.08 19:28
[Claw, Speed]
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Micro 'Vigor' I Core Augmentation

10MN Digital Booster Rockets
[empty med slot]

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router II

Black Hole 6, Overheated Micro, Loki, Snakes, Zor Hyper Link.

43.9km/sec
#10 Posted: 2011.11.08 19:52
Alara IonStorm wrote:

43.9km/sec


... for 41 seconds. And you can hit 49.6 if you include Quafe Zero.
#11 Posted: 2011.11.08 19:55
mxzf wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

43.9km/sec


... for 41 seconds. And you can hit 49.6 if you include Quafe Zero.

Quafe does that huh. I just ignored it.

Why does time matter when the OP wants "the Fastest Ship in Eve"
#12 Posted: 2011.11.08 20:07
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Nice literal interpretation. Does the high warp speed influence the warp acceleration time? As in, can you instawarp anywhere in a 20 AU system?


I can't take credit. The "fastest ship" + "warp speed smart aleck response" has been done before.

As for instawarping, IME, no. I was in a 19.4 au/s covert-ops ship and wasn't able to over-take a cruiser during a series of jumps (we were both going to Jita.) The acceleration and deceleration times are long and seem constant enough to eliminate any warp speed advantage you have except for the very longest of warps.

#13 Posted: 2011.11.08 20:11
Alara IonStorm wrote:
mxzf wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

43.9km/sec


... for 41 seconds. And you can hit 49.6 if you include Quafe Zero.

Quafe does that huh. I just ignored it.

Why does time matter when the OP wants "the Fastest Ship in Eve"


Yeah, Quafe Zero gives 5% speed boost. And I'm not arguing that your fit isn't faster, but if we race for 2 min, I'll end up further away (especially once your MWD burns out). I agree that your fit is faster over the first 41 seconds, I was just pointing out that there is both burst speed and sustained speed to keep in mind.
Minmatar Republic
#14 Posted: 2011.11.10 06:07
mxzf wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
mxzf wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

43.9km/sec


... for 41 seconds. And you can hit 49.6 if you include Quafe Zero.

Quafe does that huh. I just ignored it.

Why does time matter when the OP wants "the Fastest Ship in Eve"


Yeah, Quafe Zero gives 5% speed boost. And I'm not arguing that your fit isn't faster, but if we race for 2 min, I'll end up further away (especially once your MWD burns out). I agree that your fit is faster over the first 41 seconds, I was just pointing out that there is both burst speed and sustained speed to keep in mind.


I'm so sorry guys. I should have specicified. I was looking for the fastest top speed with a MWD within the confines of a system. Not having anything to do with the system to system warp speeds. I want to find the fastest "straight speed". No overheating involved. Sorry again for the lack of specifics. Thanks for all of your replies.
Amarr Empire
#15 Posted: 2011.11.10 06:28
What was the speed of an old 8 MWD Scorpion?
Wasn't it faster than warp speed, but could only reach something like 0.014AU/s before it capped out?
I can't remember.
#16 Posted: 2011.11.10 06:53  |  Edited by: mxzf
Vestri Nex wrote:
I'm so sorry guys. I should have specicified. I was looking for the fastest top speed with a MWD within the confines of a system. Not having anything to do with the system to system warp speeds. I want to find the fastest "straight speed". No overheating involved. Sorry again for the lack of specifics. Thanks for all of your replies.


I believe the current non-overheated, subwarp speeds are.

Cap Stable:
My Navy Slicer fit, 25.2km/s

Flat out speed:
Alara's Claw fit, 33.6km/s

Both assuming full HG Snake set, Zor implant, Quafe Zero, Mindlinked Loki booster, in a C6 Black Hole WH.
#17 Posted: 2011.11.10 17:43
Do rare ships count?

[Mimir, New Setup 1]
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

Republic Fleet 100MN MicroWarpdrive
Vizan's Modified Cap Recharger
[empty med slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

24,3 km/s cap stable (Claymore with Skirmish Implant)
Why the hell can't I fitt capital repairs or shield booster on an Orca ... it's an CAPITAL ship!
#18 Posted: 2011.11.10 19:31
Jojo Jackson wrote:
Do rare ships count?

[Mimir, New Setup 1]
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

Republic Fleet 100MN MicroWarpdrive
Vizan's Modified Cap Recharger
[empty med slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

24,3 km/s cap stable (Claymore with Skirmish Implant)


If you use two cap rechargers, you can drop the CCCs for Aux Thrusters. With those, Loki boosting, and Quafe Zero it can hit 26km/s and still be cap-stable.

And I'd forgot the Skirmish Mindlink in my previous numbers, editing the post to include the mindlink.
#19 Posted: 2011.11.10 22:51  |  Edited by: Chvra Noxx
If you wanted to do the warp speed joke properly you'd need this.


[Freki, Warpfrek]



Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II


It warps at 17.58 AU/s before implants.
#20 Posted: 2011.11.10 22:54
If you want I can provide a bookmark to the center of a sun, that will even make your dreadnaught go over 100.000 km/sec.
2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump