CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
9 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM 9

First post First post
Author
#21 - 2014-02-16 12:47:56 UTC
absolutely, my votes, all my friends votes and anybody else i can convince. You are exactly the right kind of advocate for the things you mentioned in your post. I have been plugging your services in local wherever i go in new eden and someone asks for info about manufacturing/invention/bp's etc. :)

go steve!
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#22 - 2014-02-16 18:40:22 UTC
Dersen Lowery wrote:
CCP looks to be concentrating on industry somewhat this year, so you have my vote again this year.

If I could ask one thing: I've done invention enough to realize that the user interface was designed to build SQL statements to traverse a set of tables. In other words, the user interface isn't designed at all, it's just an extension of the model. I know that you can't ~demand~ anything, but can you urge CCP to allow the UI designers free reign in actually designing the interface from a user perspective, and leave any translation to the database to the controller which (presumably!) sits between the model and the view?

Failing that, could you politely insist that they implement MVC? ;-)

Thanks, and good luck!

It's a little more complicated than that.

Many things interact with the state within a solar system, rather than directly with the database, with an occasional syncing between them (look at the assets ui for an example)

You are, however, entirely right. The UI should come from the game play perspective, rather than the underlying data storage.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2014-02-17 02:03:05 UTC
Supported. Not a difficult decision. Extremely helpful and useful site.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Royal Amarr Space Industries
#24 - 2014-02-17 11:32:18 UTC
Nice reading so far. I don't agree in all points, but in general it sounds good.

If you would be in charge, how would you design a bpo-api?

And which ways do you see how we researchers could benefit from CREST?
#25 - 2014-02-17 11:55:09 UTC
Achanjati wrote:
Nice reading so far. I don't agree in all points, but in general it sounds good.

There are two APIs I can see being useful for blueprints.

The first is a variation of the assets API, just for blueprints, with attributes for ML, PL, runs, and a flag for if it's a copy or not. This would have to be an authenticated API. Either CREST or the older style would be fine.

The other would be similar to user provided details, as a public CREST endpoint providing blueprint details.
Similar to https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprints/xml/16229/75/5

It's a lot less important, as all the details are provided via static data extract and can be provided by people like yours truly. Nice to have, but that's it. Static data doesn't need it anywhere near so much.

As for CREST, I'm in two minds about using it for research. If it allows for jobs to be put in without user intervention (if it can be automated, it would be. And any write can be automated) then it would massively affect industry. in POS, for example, all jobs would be single run to reduce liability (Unless there are changes made to disadvantage short runs)

Part of me says: automate and be damned.
But the more considered part days that would screw up newbies. You shouldn't need to use a third party tool, to be competitive.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Royal Amarr Space Industries
#26 - 2014-02-17 12:52:06 UTC
Thanks for your answers. I fully agree on your concerns about possible automatation.
On the other hand, it could be an interesting experiment to play the game with the UI we build for our own within the limitations of CREST.

Anyways, Count on my votes.
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-02-17 17:59:58 UTC
1) Epic toolset built to help the community excel.
2) Approachable demeanor with old and new players alike.
3) Passion for the Indy/Manu side of the game.

You have my votes.

(ps. thanks again for being so approachable to indy newbies)
#28 - 2014-02-17 18:10:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Freelancer117
What is your view on CCP's Carbon framework, is it a success or a failure ?

Compared to other game engines out there, it seems to hardly be impressive or even do it's job well.

How do you think you as a future CSM member can influence the allocation of resources by CCP's upper management concerning this ?

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

#29 - 2014-02-17 19:34:41 UTC
Freelancer117 wrote:
What is your view on CCP's Carbon framework, is it a success or a failure ?

Compared to other game engines out there, it seems to hardly be impressive or even do it's job well.

How do you think you as a future CSM member can influence the allocation of resources by CCP's upper management concerning this ?

Carbon is under on-going development. Recently DX 11 was integrated. That's still being worked on.

You have to admit, the video on the Carbon development is pretty impressive. Sure, there's now TressFX for doing hair stuff, but that's released around 2-3 years later.

The Avatar stuff /looks/ good. It's not been developed any further, but that's due to player backlash. (Bit of a shame really. it /could/ be good, if they had content. Content comes first)

Sure, CCP could buy in a game engine, and refit Eve to use it. This would:
A: Cost a bunch of time to reach the current state.
B: Tie them to someone else's development timetable.
C: Cost them money to actually license it, year on year.

Right now, I'd say: Stay the course. Of course, I don't know what's going on within CCP.

Of course, that's just the graphics side of it. The backend server would be kind of hard to buy in a replacement for. It's not like anyone else deals with the same number of users, on the same system.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

#30 - 2014-02-17 21:39:50 UTC
Thanks for the great answer Steve, you will have my 2nd vote.

PS: I do agree that from now on, barring any stupid stuff from CCP hitting the gaming media, stuff will and have to be improved upon.

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

#31 - 2014-02-18 14:19:26 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Achanjati wrote:

The first is a variation of the assets API, just for blueprints, with attributes for ML, PL, runs, and a flag for if it's a copy or not. This would have to be an authenticated API. Either CREST or the older style would be fine.

The other would be similar to user provided details, as a public CREST endpoint providing blueprint details.

It's a lot less important, as all the details are provided via static data extract and can be provided by people like yours truly. Nice to have, but that's it. Static data doesn't need it anywhere near so much.

As for CREST, I'm in two minds about using it for research. If it allows for jobs to be put in without user intervention (if it can be automated, it would be. And any write can be automated) then it would massively affect industry. in POS, for example, all jobs would be single run to reduce liability (Unless there are changes made to disadvantage short runs)

But the more considered part days that would screw up newbies. You shouldn't need to use a third party tool, to be competitive.

YES! This!

So far I had to force one of our corp members to enter all the ME information to the database manually. Which was tedious. So I had to pay him some ISK.

And it's in sync only as long as no new BPOs are bought and researched. API solution would be perfect!

@FuzzySteve for CSM9!

Proud developer of LMeve: Industry Contribution and Mass Production Tracker: https://github.com/roxlukas/lmeve | Blogging about EVE on http://pozniak.pl/wp/

#32 - 2014-02-18 14:39:34 UTC
Lukas Rox wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Achanjati wrote:

YES! This!

So far I had to force one of our corp members to enter all the ME information to the database manually. Which was tedious. So I had to pay him some ISK.

And it's in sync only as long as no new BPOs are bought and researched. API solution would be perfect!

@FuzzySteve for CSM9!

Just checking. you know you can C&P the blueprint data from the S&I interface, by double clicking on the place name, and then doing it from the new window that pops up?

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

#33 - 2014-02-18 19:42:02 UTC
Fuzzwork has been a staple among my Eve websites for a long while, and the third party community definitely needs the love. You 100% have my vote, and I will desperately try to convince everyone else I play with of the same. Good luck sir. o7

On another note, I've always wanted CREST to include a standings setup. Being able to display/manage/update personal/corporate/alliance standings from a custom application or webpage would make administrating it so much easier, especially when you need those standings standardized, or updated en-mass (such as war-dec watch lists and the like).
#34 - 2014-02-18 19:44:35 UTC
Def Monk wrote:
Fuzzwork has been a staple among my Eve websites for a long while, and the third party community definitely needs the love. You 100% have my vote, and I will desperately try to convince everyone else I play with of the same. Good luck sir. o7

On another note, I've always wanted CREST to include a standings setup. Being able to display/manage/update personal/corporate/alliance standings from a custom application or webpage would make administrating it so much easier, especially when you need those standings standardized, or updated en-mass (such as war-dec watch lists and the like).

The first example code that was released for CREST was for standings Smile It's not public yet, but I'd suspect it'll be one of the earlier ones to come out.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Central Omni Galactic Group
#35 - 2014-02-18 19:53:30 UTC
you have my vote. just let me know when. I'll share you with my friends...

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Snuffed Out
#36 - 2014-02-19 15:11:59 UTC
Another AFK cloaking whiner? Meh.
Mercenary Coalition
#37 - 2014-02-19 15:33:56 UTC
You have my vote

The object of war is not to die for your alliance but to make the other bastard die for his. http://flyingdead.org/

#38 - 2014-02-19 16:04:07 UTC
I met Steve next to the Starbucks in the Rio at Eve Vegas this last year. He introduced himself and was already excited and campaigning for this CSM, even then. We chatted for a few minutes, he fielded questions, and frankly was as sincere as anyone could be to a stranger.

He'll have a minimum of a vote from me. Good luck this year, Steve.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

#39 - 2014-02-19 16:22:38 UTC
Grarr Dexx wrote:
Another AFK cloaking whiner? Meh.

Something to note:

AFK cloaking has never directly affected me.

Spending most of my time in high sec, with the occasional roam through low and null, it wouldn't.

AFK gameplay irritates me though.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Snuffed Out
#40 - 2014-02-19 16:40:55 UTC
If he's AFK, there is no issue.
9 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page