CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
5 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

Ali Aras for CSM9

First post First post
Author
#21 - 2014-02-17 21:36:41 UTC
Thanks for the great answer Ali, my 3rd vote will go to you Cool

I liked your response on the media option a lot, it was sadly necessary at the time though.

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-02-18 10:23:36 UTC
I'll not be voting for you again Ali,

Nowdays you just seem to regurtitage Mittens poisonous narrative. Not that it'll matter, I have no doubt you'll have the goon block vote behind you.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

#23 - 2014-02-18 21:45:06 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
I'll not be voting for you again Ali,

Nowdays you just seem to regurtitage Mittens poisonous narrative. Not that it'll matter, I have no doubt you'll have the goon block vote behind you.


Can you elaborate on that comment about her parroting the goon's agenda?
I am not saying you are wrong, I just need some references.
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-02-18 22:17:46 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
I'll not be voting for you again Ali,

Nowdays you just seem to regurtitage Mittens poisonous narrative. Not that it'll matter, I have no doubt you'll have the goon block vote behind you.

Heh, I'd be surprised.

You seem to have a rather poor opinion of my critical thinking skills. While I find it unusual that I'm saying the same thing as Dinsdale-- mind citing some specific stuff? I'd love to address the issues and clarify my thought process a little.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog

#25 - 2014-02-18 22:24:59 UTC
Ali Aras wrote:
You seem to have a rather poor opinion of my critical thinking skills. While I find it unusual that I'm saying the same thing as Dinsdale-- mind citing some specific stuff? I'd love to address the issues and clarify my thought process a little.


If it has to do with drone assist being limited because of the ~Goon narrative~, I want a cookie.

(And I'm not even particularly enthusiastic about that change--it seems more like a band-aid than anything else.)

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2014-02-19 11:32:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Speedkermit Damo
Ali Aras wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
I'll not be voting for you again Ali, Nowdays you just seem to regurtitage Mittens poisonous narrative. Not that it'll matter, I have no doubt you'll have the goon block vote behind you.
Heh, I'd be surprised. You seem to have a rather poor opinion of my critical thinking skills. While I find it unusual that I'm saying the same thing as Dinsdale-- mind citing some specific stuff? I'd love to address the issues and clarify my thought process a little.


From your blog Ali,

Quote:
The announcement of the drone assist nerf has been met with cheers by many (and a few resubs!) but it’s also been a point of politics: Goon smug versus N3PL frustration. That frustration takes the form of the old meme, “Goons can’t beat things, so they get them nerfed.

Thing is, that meme just plain is not true.


Actually I think it is true. Also I wasn't impressed with a lot of the stuff you came out with regarding the Provi civil war. However I accept that you have been incredibly productive on CSM8 and all the other CSM members speak very highly of you. But for me personally your association with TMC and Gianturco makes you not an option.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, although I doubt you'll have the Provibloc vote this time around.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

#27 - 2014-02-19 14:55:02 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Ali Aras wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
I'll not be voting for you again Ali, Nowdays you just seem to regurtitage Mittens poisonous narrative. Not that it'll matter, I have no doubt you'll have the goon block vote behind you.
Heh, I'd be surprised. You seem to have a rather poor opinion of my critical thinking skills. While I find it unusual that I'm saying the same thing as Dinsdale-- mind citing some specific stuff? I'd love to address the issues and clarify my thought process a little.


From your blog Ali,

Quote:
The announcement of the drone assist nerf has been met with cheers by many (and a few resubs!) but it’s also been a point of politics: Goon smug versus N3PL frustration. That frustration takes the form of the old meme, “Goons can’t beat things, so they get them nerfed.

Thing is, that meme just plain is not true.


Actually I think it is true. Also I wasn't impressed with a lot of the stuff you came out with regarding the Provi civil war. However I accept that you have been incredibly productive on CSM8 and all the other CSM members speak very highly of you. But for me personally your association with TMC and Gianturco makes you not an option.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, although I doubt you'll have the Provibloc vote this time around.


1. OK, anyone who posts anything for goon Pravda, trying to give it more stature and clicks, is highly suspect in my books. I would suggest anyone who is concerned with the well-being on Eve should boycott that thing.
2. Why do you think she is losing the Provi voting bloc? Once again, not saying you are wrong. I just would like some more background behind that statement.
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-02-19 17:58:15 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Ali Aras wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
I'll not be voting for you again Ali, Nowdays you just seem to regurtitage Mittens poisonous narrative. Not that it'll matter, I have no doubt you'll have the goon block vote behind you.
Heh, I'd be surprised. You seem to have a rather poor opinion of my critical thinking skills. While I find it unusual that I'm saying the same thing as Dinsdale-- mind citing some specific stuff? I'd love to address the issues and clarify my thought process a little.


From your blog Ali,

Quote:
The announcement of the drone assist nerf has been met with cheers by many (and a few resubs!) but it’s also been a point of politics: Goon smug versus N3PL frustration. That frustration takes the form of the old meme, “Goons can’t beat things, so they get them nerfed.

Thing is, that meme just plain is not true.


Actually I think it is true. Also I wasn't impressed with a lot of the stuff you came out with regarding the Provi civil war. However I accept that you have been incredibly productive on CSM8 and all the other CSM members speak very highly of you. But for me personally your association with TMC and Gianturco makes you not an option.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, although I doubt you'll have the Provibloc vote this time around.


1. OK, anyone who posts anything for goon Pravda, trying to give it more stature and clicks, is highly suspect in my books. I would suggest anyone who is concerned with the well-being on Eve should boycott that thing.
2. Why do you think she is losing the Provi voting bloc? Once again, not saying you are wrong. I just would like some more background behind that statement.


Dinsdale, That would be the Provi civil war from about 6 months ago, caused a lot of bad feeling. There was a lot of bad propaganda and hypocrisy published by Ali at the time.

However i have said my piece, and don't want to derail this thread any more.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-02-19 18:03:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ali Aras
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

From your blog Ali,

Quote:
The announcement of the drone assist nerf has been met with cheers by many (and a few resubs!) but it’s also been a point of politics: Goon smug versus N3PL frustration. That frustration takes the form of the old meme, “Goons can’t beat things, so they get them nerfed.

Thing is, that meme just plain is not true.


Actually I think it is true. Also I wasn't impressed with a lot of the stuff you came out with regarding the Provi civil war. However I accept that you have been incredibly productive on CSM8 and all the other CSM members speak very highly of you. But for me personally your association with TMC and Gianturco makes you not an option.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, although I doubt you'll have the Provibloc vote this time around.

Man, it’s interesting you bring up that post, because the thing that you (and a lot of people) seem to have missed in there is that I’m equally if not more annoyed at Goons for that stupid meme.

Goons build and maintain the idea that their posting drives CCP changes, making them the unsung heroes of EVE Online. When the sentry drone change went in, they weren’t saying “our posting does nothing”, they were saying “SEE WE DID IT, WE SHOWED THEM.” It’s self-aggrandizing, it gives them some amount of political power, and it’s complete and utter bullshit.

Politicizing an issue, as happened with sentry drones, makes it harder to talk about and handle in a reasonable way. Their posting crusades don’t make it easier to get what they want, but they do make it easier to declare victory later. If you look at Jayne Fillon’s thread, you can see his experience with being asked “what side are you on” whenever he was looking into sentry drones. All the propaganda and war back-and-forth muddied the waters in the feedback threads, making it harder for CCP and the CSM to do their damn jobs.

Hence, the post, although I recognize that many saw it solely as frustration with the N3PL posts post-change. (I was frustrated with them too. Them saying it's unfair props up the Goon narrative and this was annoying me on twitter, which is the 100% guaranteed way to get me to post to my blog.)

As for TMC...shrug, your loss. I’m an editor there; I can write whatever I want, get others to write whatever’s news regardless of political affiliation, and use it as a CSM communication platform that reaches an additional audience. My experience there has made me a much better people-organizer, and that’s a skill that’s incredibly valuable to have on the CSM.

My tenure there has nothing to do with politics. Should the work of harassing people to finish what they start and fixing a stunning variety of creative interpretations of English grammar ever require me to pledge allegiance to the Fatbee, I’d quit. Don’t believe me? I walked away from Provi when politics threatened to compromise my principles. I lost space, ships, and alliancemates over that. I’ve survived, I’m still having fun. Independence and principles will always take a first place seat for me.

Edit: you posted while I was mid-draft, so let me fold my reply in instead of double-posting--

Speedkermit Damo wrote:

Dinsdale, That would be the Provi civil war from about 6 months ago, caused a lot of bad feeling. There was a lot of bad propaganda and hypocrisy published by Ali at the time.

However i have said my piece, and don't want to derail this thread any more.


And here we get into politics again Blink

I left provi (er, messily) because I was tired of getting kicked around by some elements there. I still worked for and kept eyes open for NRDS stuff this year-- I'd hate to have abandoned those campaign projects. I don't think a Providence vote for me this go 'round would be wasted-- I'm interested in NRDS, I'm still interested in small independent groups, I'm still (almost uniquely) against destructible stations at this point in time. Providence and hypothetical similar groups are very important to the health of the game, and I'll continue looking out for them and working to make them better.

That said, I am not expecting any support, because as you say, there was some bad feeling. I stood up for principle over politics, and I'm okay with that.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog

Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2014-02-19 18:50:32 UTC
thank you for informing us you had input with "Drone assist"
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-02-19 20:41:30 UTC
Ali Aras wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

From your blog Ali,

Quote:
The announcement of the drone assist nerf has been met with cheers by many (and a few resubs!) but it’s also been a point of politics: Goon smug versus N3PL frustration. That frustration takes the form of the old meme, “Goons can’t beat things, so they get them nerfed.

Thing is, that meme just plain is not true.


Actually I think it is true. Also I wasn't impressed with a lot of the stuff you came out with regarding the Provi civil war. However I accept that you have been incredibly productive on CSM8 and all the other CSM members speak very highly of you. But for me personally your association with TMC and Gianturco makes you not an option.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, although I doubt you'll have the Provibloc vote this time around.

Man, it’s interesting you bring up that post, because the thing that you (and a lot of people) seem to have missed in there is that I’m equally if not more annoyed at Goons for that stupid meme.

Goons build and maintain the idea that their posting drives CCP changes, making them the unsung heroes of EVE Online. When the sentry drone change went in, they weren’t saying “our posting does nothing”, they were saying “SEE WE DID IT, WE SHOWED THEM.” It’s self-aggrandizing, it gives them some amount of political power, and it’s complete and utter bullshit.

Politicizing an issue, as happened with sentry drones, makes it harder to talk about and handle in a reasonable way. Their posting crusades don’t make it easier to get what they want, but they do make it easier to declare victory later. If you look at Jayne Fillon’s thread, you can see his experience with being asked “what side are you on” whenever he was looking into sentry drones. All the propaganda and war back-and-forth muddied the waters in the feedback threads, making it harder for CCP and the CSM to do their damn jobs.

Hence, the post, although I recognize that many saw it solely as frustration with the N3PL posts post-change I was frustrated with them too. Them saying it's unfair props up the Goon narrative and this was annoying me on twitter, which is the 100% guaranteed way to get me to post to my blog.)

As for TMC...shrug, your loss. I’m an editor there; I can write whatever I want, get others to write whatever’s news regardless of political affiliation, and use it as a CSM communication platform that reaches an additional audience. My experience there has made me a much better people-organizer, and that’s a skill that’s incredibly valuable to have on the CSM.

My tenure there has nothing to do with politics. Should the work of harassing people to finish what they start and fixing a stunning variety of creative interpretations of English grammar ever require me to pledge allegiance to the Fatbee, I’d quit. Don’t believe me? I walked away from Provi when politics threatened to compromise my principles. I lost space, ships, and alliancemates over that. I’ve survived, I’m still having fun. Independence and principles will always take a first place seat for me.

Edit: you posted while I was mid-draft, so let me fold my reply in instead of double-posting--

Speedkermit Damo wrote:

Dinsdale, That would be the Provi civil war from about 6 months ago, caused a lot of bad feeling. There was a lot of bad propaganda and hypocrisy published by Ali at the time.

However i have said my piece, and don't want to derail this thread any more.


And here we get into politics again Blink

I left provi (er, messily) because I was tired of getting kicked around by some elements there. I still worked for and kept eyes open for NRDS stuff this year-- I'd hate to have abandoned those campaign projects. I don't think a Providence vote for me this go 'round would be wasted-- I'm interested in NRDS, I'm still interested in small independent groups, I'm still (almost uniquely) against destructible stations at this point in time. Providence and hypothetical similar groups are very important to the health of the game, and I'll continue looking out for them and working to make them better.

That said, I am not expecting any support, because as you say, there was some bad feeling. I stood up for principle over politics, and I'm okay with that.


Good post Ali.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#32 - 2014-02-21 11:46:15 UTC
One thing is for sure, provi bloc will not give you votes this year or any time soon, because provi bloc doesn't forget your lies and your ******** propaganda on several other sites like reddit and TMC.

1 - what have you done for the NRDS comunity during the entire year? I would dare to say NOTHING!!

2 - About ESS: have you realized the ESS alongside with the syphon units are the most ******** features since encarna?

"Ali Aras" wrote:
This year is different than last-- I have no bloc, big or small, behind me. I’m no longer a Provident, although I still hold a soft spot in my heart for the region, for NRDS, and for small independents. I’m running on nothing but my record and a strong, unwavering commitment to excellence, honesty, and transparency. Vote for me, and let’s make CSM9 an even better year.


Escuse me? what place on your heart? Because you probably forgot about the last attempt of a so called invasion ( 9UY being SBU'ed by SOUND and NOIR with EMP+PL support ) and all the drama who came after it.

You stating you do not have a bloc no matter what size it has behind you, well really? i would say you have a small portion of the comunity behind your campaign, the MERC comunity, reason why you're adding high sec on it and not because of newbies as you trying to say.

Anyway, good luck with your campaign, but you will not have my vote....again and surelly not providence residents votes either.
#33 - 2014-02-21 13:21:29 UTC
i never seen a useless csm8 member as you.
your wrote in last year post, between many other lie :

"Define ‘activity-based’ sov

The goal: make space which is empty harder to hold, incentivize higher activity in sovereign nullsec. Make sovwar less of a boring supercap slog.
[...] "


U failed in all the point u wrote and this is only one of your major failure.
Be puppet in the hands of powerblock, "your boring supercap slog", just after having the seat.
NO more vote for you. bye bye ali.
#34 - 2014-02-21 14:02:54 UTC
Wow, Ripard, Trebor and Malcanis (all three of them) endorsed your candidacy, which means I have to vote for you... again. Smile

Now I just have to find out if you wrote anything about your work, I haven't read anything from you yet.

Objective sighted. Target locked. Lasers activated. Pew-pew-pew. Die roid..., DIE!

Of Sound Mind
#35 - 2014-02-21 14:15:34 UTC
Mynutor, you should read her blog. There's quite a bit of writing about her CSM work. http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com/

I fight for the freedom of my people.

Spectre Fleet Alliance
#36 - 2014-02-21 14:20:15 UTC
That members of the Proviblock are using Ali's thread to make personal attacks on her in the form of baseless claims that she was a useless member of CSM8, a goon shill, causes global warming, is responsible for the holocaust, just suggests to me that they are so out of touch with how the past year has been for CSM8 and EVE in general.

Ali has been at the forefront of all our activities, been involved in all discussions with the developers - good and bad. She has worked tirelessly on the duties of Secretary. As a consequence I am definitely endorsing her for CSM 9, and will be placing her highly on the ballots I recommend to my supporters.
#37 - 2014-02-21 15:31:16 UTC  |  Edited by: XavierVE
You have no idea how amused I am that nine months later, members of CVA leadership are still so butthurt over what my alliance did to them during the NOMEN war that they're bitter-posting in Ali's CSM thread.

Like an old girlfriend that just can't... quite... let... go. :)
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-02-21 15:53:11 UTC
I commend the work you've done and you'll definately be a consideration on my ballot. If you were to secure a consecutive seat on the csm would there be anything you would improve upon from your time spent this year? Rather is there anything you've though you could do better and will do better going forward into csm 9?
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-02-21 16:08:24 UTC
XavierVE wrote:
You have no idea how amused I am that nine months later, members of CVA leadership are still so butthurt over what my alliance did to them during the NOMEN war that they're bitter-posting in Ali's CSM thread.

Like an old girlfriend that just can't... quite... let... go. :)



Say's the guy who quit eve over the ceptor changes, you and poetic stanzel should hang out Cry.

Why, don't you leave this to Ali, and not try to turn her platform into a rehash of who shot first, at the end of the day's it about what Ali has done for the community not who you are or your perceived slights on both sides. I think its clear Ali has displayed leadership that has benefited eve as a whole, i'm looking foward to hearing more of her platform as we move on.




TL:DR Keep your personal drama out of someone else's campaign thread.
The-Culture
#40 - 2014-02-21 16:49:33 UTC
Ali has been one of the strongest CSM members this year, it's sad to see that some people are bitter over the actions of SOUND, which, IMO, resulted in a couple of great conflicts and put Provi and NRDS in the spotlight.

Yes, she will not have the provi-bloc vote because she is not a member of provi-bloc, but did she do a good job as CSM?
Hell yes, she did the hang outs, she was a strong voice at the first CSM summit (Minutes because they are a pain to find: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/csm/CSM8_August_Summit_Minutes.pdf), and she really stood up for newbies, which was her platform. It's a shame that the first Summit is kind of bland and that we won't see the winter summit, which seems to be NDAed heavily, till the next CSM is elected but it's worth reading and seeing who is worth re-electing.

Although you don't have a particular platform this year i'd like to hear your views on the state of NRDS, and how you would improve it/ make it more viable, since entroncas made a pretty rash posting and it'd be a shame if you didn't address it as someone who has been NRDS and is now NBIS/ Merc.
5 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump