CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
8 PagesFirst pagePrevious page678

Xander Phoena for CSM9

First post First post
Author
The Initiative.
#141 - 2014-04-08 13:14:18 UTC
The Scot we need; the Scot CCP fear; the Scot we'll have to hear a lot less from if he's elected.

Vote for Xander!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gallente Federation
#142 - 2014-04-08 16:41:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Crasniya
"DUST is Dead" and "Walking in Stations is Dead" as vote match answers pretty much guarantees you would never get my vote or my support. Not that you need it, from the looks of things. However, it not only demonstrates to me you have no concept of how badly EVE will continue to fail in gaining subscriptions without new content, but your stubborn adherence to "x is dead" indicates you will not be open-minded about the sorts of things CCP will need to work on in an era where space sim competition is becoming more and more prevalent.

I spend about eight hours a day with the DUST community. Very possibly more. I can't support the notion that "DUST is dead", or place any credibility in someone who believes that's the case.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Minmatar Republic
#143 - 2014-04-08 17:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Xander Phoena
Crasniya wrote:
"DUST is Dead" and "Walking in Stations is Dead" as vote match answers pretty much guarantees you would never get my vote or my support. Not that you need it, from the looks of things. However, it not only demonstrates to me you have no concept of how badly EVE will continue to fail in gaining subscriptions without new content, but your stubborn adherence to "x is dead" indicates you will not be open-minded about the sorts of things CCP will need to work on in an era where space sim competition is becoming more and more prevalent.

I spend about eight hours a day with the DUST community. Very possibly more. I can't support the notion that "DUST is dead", or place any credibility in someone who believes that's the case.

Thanks for taking the time to reply in my thread Crasniya. Can I ask which WiS/Dust advocate you will be voting for in the election in my stead?

Crasniya wrote:
However, it not only demonstrates to me you have no concept of how badly EVE will continue to fail in gaining subscriptions without new content

I'm disappointed you haven't read any of my election platforms or listened to any of the panels or interviews I have done. New content isn't just needed in Eve, it's 100% vital to ensure the longevity of the game. You seem to be suggesting that the only new relevant content in the Eve universe is WiS, something which almost killed the game three years ago because of the community backlash or Dust 514, a game with approximately 3,000 PCU.

There are plenty of other exciting ways to bring to new content into New Eden. What about the logistic frigates? The ESS? The other mobile deployables? Incursions? Ghost sites?

If you had listened to my content recently, both on CZ, in this thread and on panels and podcasts, you would know how strongly I have advocated new content in the Eve universe.

www.crossingzebras.com

Gallente Federation
#144 - 2014-04-08 17:56:45 UTC
Quite a few candidates are at least open-minded to further integration with DUST 514. WiS support is a bit lighter, but it's there. I'm actually not opposed to voting for anti-WiS and anti-DUST candidates, but there's an incredible amount of communication in calling them "dead" in how open-minded you are to things you may not directly play or want personally. I haven't actually decided my vote ticket, though I'll be consulting expert advice, the vote match against my own beliefs, as well as people's individual candidacy threads.

WiS didn't kill the game. Mismanaged expectations, a horrible macro-transaction pricing scheme, and a very misunderstood internal leak almost killed the game. WiS is something that will be the standard norm for this genre's games in the next two years. If you want to see almost killed become actually killed, elect a CSM that doesn't back WiS.

DUST 514's community is easily a solid 10% of EVE's. Sure, CCP has bungled a large amount of it's handling, but it's there, and it's alive. A lot of them spend more time on the forums than the game, because the community is the part of the game that keeps us there. But with politicans and warriors, scammers and soldiers, DUST players have every single right to the New Eden universe as you do. And while ignoring that community would be okay if EVE's subscribers numbered in the millions, the reality is, it's a sizeable percentage of CCP's customer base. One you've written off as dead outright.

EVE's subscription numbers have been poor of late, at least, in terms of new players. There have been a lot of initiatives to push the creation of new alts, and you've definitely seen that in sub numbers. Given how few new players have joined, I'd actually go so far as to suggest the majority of new EVE players may actually be from DUST. Between the situation that you have to get an EVE account to manage high-level DUST stuff (poor DUST UIs, no API, etc.) and the number of people introduced to New Eden through DUST, I see a lot of people joining EVE because of DUST, even in the state it is now. Some end up as highsec miner pubbies, some I push to PvP academies, and some are just looking to get out and provide orbital support in Molden Heath, but they're there.

Minmatar Republic
#145 - 2014-04-11 18:00:17 UTC
I was on another DoW panel with Ali Aras, DNS Black and Jayne Fillon. This was an interesting one...

http://declarationsofwar.com/?p=676

As always, thanks to Alekseyev Karrde for hosting.

www.crossingzebras.com

New Eden Trading Company.
#146 - 2014-04-11 18:20:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alekseyev Karrde
In fairness Crasniya, DUST has their own council and Xander is not running for it. The CSM gets essentially an update twice a year at the summits, sessions which are traditionally totally NDA'd and during which the CSM is mainly concerned with any upcoming DUST impact to EVE or CCP's brand generally.

In that capacity I think Xander would do quite well.

PS: given this [past year has had Brave Newbies explode in growth and a general uptick in new player oriented groups I'm not sure where you're getting the idea EVE has unusually poor subscription or new player numbers. Seems to be a pretty good year, or at worst average.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Gallente Federation
#147 - 2014-04-11 18:48:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Crasniya
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
In fairness Crasniya, DUST has their own council and Xander is not running for it. The CSM gets essentially an update twice a year at the summits, sessions which are traditionally totally NDA'd and during which the CSM is mainly concerned with any upcoming DUST impact to EVE or CCP's brand generally.

In that capacity I think Xander would do quite well.

Again, it's not about DUST, it's about how DUST integrates with EVE. How DUST affects EVE. That's EVE stuff. I don't want a CSM who's going to hear a proposal to make such and such EVE functionality be partially or wholly based on or affected by DUST stuff, and say "No, nobody wants that, DUST is dead."

The Initiative.
#148 - 2014-05-03 17:57:49 UTC
gratz Xander
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2014-05-03 20:54:35 UTC
Thanks everyone. I don't really know what to say other than 'thank you'. I'm humbled my all your support and I'll be working incredibly hard over the next 12 months to represent you.

www.crossingzebras.com

#150 - 2014-05-15 04:11:53 UTC
Congrats Xander!

I'm one of the non-CFC block that had you in the number 1 slot. I know several others that did as well.

That all said - I really hope the NDA ball gag doesn't ruin your podcast or drive you nuts (well, nuttier anyways)...
8 PagesFirst pagePrevious page678