CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
4 Pages123Next pageLast page

Mangala Solaris for CSM 9

First post First post
Author
Spectre Fleet Alliance
#1 - 2014-02-19 11:26:50 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
Just a short year ago, I posted a thread like this one, asking for you all to support me in my candidacy for a position on the 8th Council of Stellar Management. You found it in yourselves to provide me with that support and since April 2013 I have served as a delegate on the 8th CSM.

I come to you today to ask that you renew that support and elect me to CSM 9.

Background
For those who do not know me, I have been playing solidly for over seven years and in that time I have been an industrialist, a mission runner & over the past few years an avid pvper. I currently live in Empire, where I am a Director in RvB. During my time in RvB I have gone from regular line animal to one of the key enablers within that community. In fact the work I do with RvB has spilled over into the wider EVE community thanks to my work expanding RvB Ganked into one of EVE’s premier public events & larger social groups. More recently I have also begun writing a regular column for the Crossing Zebras site looking at various aspects of EVE from my rather unique point of view.

CSM 8
During my time serving on CSM 8, I have continued to be a very active delegate, including attending the majority of the regular stakeholder meetings, the Summer Summit via remote & the Winter Summit in person as well as several Townhalls. Additionally I have been involved in many, many discussions and debates with both CCP & my fellow delegates, and I will admit when I feel I lack the knowledge to contribute well enough, I at least have asked questions of those who do understand the topic at hand.

Why elect me to CSM 9?
Last year I ran on a platform of continued balance changes and quality of life additions to the client, I will continue to maintain this focus during my term on CSM 9, after all it is the small things that really let us enjoy EVE, as the improvements implemented by CCP Karkur have proven to popular acclaim. When it comes to the big ticket items and changes to them, items like drone assist, power projection, sovereignty warfare and many others, I will endeavour to represent the views of my fellow enablers from within the EVE community as well as the little guy; The guy who believes they do not have a voice in the process that is the evolution of EVE. I will not shill for one group over another, or favour one special interest over another.

I do have things I would love to see implemented into the game, who doesn't? Tools that enable the formation of social groups in EVE, beyond those offered by chat channels & mailing lists; Tools that let enablers like myself undertake larger projects that involve more community interaction; More reasons for people to be in space exploding one another be it in high sec, low sec or null sec.

Additionally, I feel I can offer continuity to CSM 9 by taking my experience of the CSM process forward, enabling CSM 9 to spend less time rediscovering how the CSM works, and more time representing you on the issues that matter.

How to contact me
I can be reached via evemail, twitter and even skype (jon.simmers). My door is always open, I may not reply in a timely fashion but I will listen, I will get back to you, especially if I disagree with you!

Please feel free to ask questions of me in this thread, I want to see what you all have to say and do my utmost to demonstrate why I should continue to represent you on the Council of Stellar Management.
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-02-19 11:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Xander Phoena
As well as being a personal friend, Mangala has proven himself to be a knowledgable and tenacious member of CSM8. He isn't afraid of hard work and there isn't much he doesn't know about life in high sec. He will be appearing highly on my ballot for CSM 9. I can't endorse him highly enough.

www.crossingzebras.com

Neo-Bushido Movement
#3 - 2014-02-19 11:41:10 UTC
Great guy, tireless content creator, patience of a saint. Actually actively reached out to the lowsec community during the current CSM term.

Will be on my ballot right below Sugar.
#4 - 2014-02-19 11:50:18 UTC
Not really your area, and I am probably flogging a very dead horse - but your thoughts on the chances of POS improvements/changes coming in the next year or so?
Snuffed Out
#5 - 2014-02-19 12:17:00 UTC
I support Mangala Solaris for CSM 9

Given Mangala’s extensive experience in EVE, his performance on the current council, as well as his massive body of work with RvB, I have no doubt that he will continue to do good work on CSM 9. His keen interest in rewarding PvP, direct engagement with the community on a hands-on level as well as his conduct in both public and personal conversations have proven to me that he has the right values at heart and that he will continue to represent the players well.
#6 - 2014-02-19 12:30:50 UTC
Where do I vote for you?
#7 - 2014-02-19 12:32:11 UTC
Mangala Solaris is the only High-Sec candidate (and quite likely the only candidate at all) who I feel represents more than his own little corner of the game or a certain group of players.

So, no matter if you are a High-, Low- or Null-Sec dweller, if you PvE or PvP, a vote for him is a vote that will represent your interests.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-02-19 12:44:33 UTC
Mangala has worked hard on CSM8 and strongly deserves a prominent place on your ballots. He'll certainly be on mine!

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-02-19 12:46:01 UTC
Xander Phoena wrote:
knowledgable and tenuous

Ahahaha... feeling the pressure there, Xander? It's a bit early to be going negative, especially in such a passive-aggressive way! Twisted

Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-02-19 12:51:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Xander Phoena
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Xander Phoena wrote:
knowledgable and tenuous

Ahahaha... feeling the pressure there, Xander? It's a bit early to be going negative, especially in such a passive-aggressive way! Twisted

:P

It wasn't meant as an insult or faint praise. Mangala knows I love him and my ballot will reflect that.

Nice to see you getting warned up for your retirement though Trebor ;)

Edit: I meant 'tenacious' not 'tenuous'! D'oh.

www.crossingzebras.com

Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-02-19 13:01:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Trebor Daehdoow
Xander Phoena wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Xander Phoena wrote:
knowledgable and tenuous

:P

It wasn't meant as an insult or faint praise. Mangala knows I love him and my ballot will reflect that.

Nice to see you getting warned up for your retirement though Trebor ;)

Can we really afford to have someone on CSM whose grasp of English is as tenuous as yours (admittedly, you are a Scot)? Don't you agree that a good CSM should exhibit a tenacious ability to use words properly? Twisted

#12 - 2014-02-19 13:03:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Legedric Striker
Mangala's work and dedication to the CSM and EVE Online in general is just outstanding!

I've never met a person before who is so keen on creating events or simply "content" being accessible for every player in New Eden with his bare hands.

Mangala is not only living in the sandbox as every other player, he is "forming" the sandbox. Not as a CSM in its first place but as an ordinary player building events like RvB Ganked or just RvB events in general using his genious mind as his very own tool.

EVE-Skillplan.net - Plan your pilot skill training online on PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone!

Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-02-19 13:11:25 UTC
Not only is Mang a great content creator, his access to RvB gives him a connection to a great cross-section of EVE players. RvB players are of all types - industrialists looking for a break, newbros, carebears wanting to finally learn PvP, null players tired of TiDi, lowsec pirates wanting a quick fight, etc etc. This helps give him a very broad perspective.

Mang is, and *will be* a great CSM member.

I blog a bit http://hspew.blogspot.ca

Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-02-19 13:33:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
Wouldn't want to besmirch mang's rep with failed comments of 300 vegemite commune living failtards but still have a question Lol

What are your thoughts on the wardec mechanics, how would you improve them and do you have any ideas on making mercenary work something more tangible (ex.: merc work contracts, ingame merc boards, link with bounty system... etc..)

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Shadow Cartel
#15 - 2014-02-19 14:49:28 UTC
What is your point of view about lowsec and #nerfforceprojeciton in general?

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

Amarr Empire
#16 - 2014-02-19 20:07:04 UTC
I'm glad Mangala has decided to run for CSM 9. If you have never flown in an RvB Ganked fleet, you owe it to yourself to try it out! The content Mangala creates touches Eve every week, and gives him a unique perspective on PvP and on the various communities that come together to participate. All of Eve is lucky to have Mangala on CSM, and we will be lucky to have him continue to serve! Big smile
#17 - 2014-02-19 20:23:43 UTC
I support Mangala 100% for CSM9.

He has done great work for the community and is a personal inspiration for what he's done with RvB Ganked.

As with last year, he will be an excellent addition to CSM9.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

The Initiative.
#18 - 2014-02-19 20:42:32 UTC
If there is one member of CSM8 that this can be said of, it is Mangala: he brings no baggage to the job

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

#19 - 2014-02-19 21:21:07 UTC
If you don't vote for Mangala, it's because you have never joined him on one of his famous public roams.

Those are fun, educational, lethal, hilarious, tense, unusal, amusing, impressive, incredible, mind-blowing, amaterurish, lol-able, chaotic, humorous, extraordinary roams in impossible places against impossible fleets. Did I mention fun?

Everyone calls EVE a sandbox. Mangala is the only true artist among the kiddies. When everyone else digs holes in the sand and pours sand over each other, he makes the most unlikely people play with each other and have them build unique formations.

Test him out on a public roam (google him on his website Ganked!), join him next Saturday, and you'll love him forever! Remember to ask him in a personal in-game mail, if you can bring your Drake!

And then go vote for him. He's the best representative you can have to deal with those grownups outside the sandbox: the CCP kindergarten teachers .
#20 - 2014-02-19 22:21:10 UTC
I've been coming along for most of the RvB Ganked roams for the past 7 months. It has had a tremendously positive effect on my experience playing EVE.

Ganked is a clear expression of what Mang does. It's open to anyone. The focus is to go out and have some fun, not taking things too seriously. Each roam has a theme to keep things interesting and Mang has brought in many guest FCs as well.

Mang is a great communicator who has made many connections with other players both in game and in-person. I've seen his ability to make these connections have positive effects on other groups within the game. It feels like more and more, we're all working together to have some fun. Much of this is because of Mang's efforts. I know Mang has plans to expand on this and help foster more open groups in the future. I'm looking forward to that and I hope more players can experience the same positive impact I've felt.

I see Mang as not just a person but a philosophy that I hope will spread in EVE. Having Mangala Solaris on the CSM is essential to the future of EVE. I urge your to vote for him.

And, CCP, if you're listening, I hope you'll support Mang's philosophy and vision. His efforts are a big part of why I've stayed subscribed for so long this time (where in the past I've been more of an off-and-on subscriber).
4 Pages123Next pageLast page