CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
6 Pages123Next pageLast page

Proclus Diadochu For CSM9! *Thanks for the Support!*

First post First post
Author
Red Coat Conspiracy
#1 - 2014-02-28 19:05:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Proclus Diadochu
Hello to all my fellow capsuleers, pirates, mercs, barons, nomads, bears, and trolls. My name is Proclus “Proc” Diadochu, and I’m officially announcing my candidacy for CSM9. For those that don’t know me, I’ve been a member of New Eden since 2007, and have played in many communities within the game. I’m currently the alliance executor for a wormhole alliance, Red Coat Conspiracy, and was also the founder of the Faction Warfare Corporation, Fweddit. I’ve spent the majority of my time in-game between null and the wormhole community.

As a capsuleer and player within this community, my goal is to enjoy the game and the community. I am quite active on the in-game forums and Reddit, enjoying the community interactions, whether trolling or having interesting discussions. Most in the wormhole community would associate me with trolling and “conflict driving”, as that is how I have preferred to interact as a player, however I sincerely do have desires to progress the community and work with the community and developers on discovering, understanding, and communicating issues and ideas between those two entities, which as a CSM delegate would lead opportunity to pursue a more professional approach to my interactions.

As for myself, in real life, I’m a 26 year old American, who works fulltime engineering and working within the high volume manufacturing division of a major semiconductor manufacturer. I also attend college fulltime, capitalizing on my veteran’s benefits from my service in the U.S. Armed Forces. My enjoyment of Eve Online and my friends within this community have been a deciding factor to commit to running and, if elected, serving this community as a CSM delegate. I manage my schedule well, and I announce this candidacy with the understanding that this is a commitment and that I will be committed to leading, supporting, and dedicating time to this community and your voice.

Of course, like most people running for CSM, I have ideas of my own, however I’m not running to pursue a personal agenda. My ideas will not always be the best ideas. I’m running for CSM to represent this community, you, to CCP and voice your ideas and issues. My promise to this community is to communicate and facilitate discussions, and barring NDA obligations, provide the highest level of transparency to this community. Some members of this community may wish to know my ideas for particular mechanics or ideas, and if asked, I will take the time to provide you with my thoughts and opinion, but my job as a CSM delegate will not be to work for CCP as a developer, my job will be to listen to you, understand your ideas and issues, and communicate them with CCP, then I will receive feedback, and within the limits that I’m allowed, communicate with you, the community, and further listen to your feedback. I will be your avenue for the clearest communication possible, and that is my promise to you, if you decide to give me that opportunity and responsibility.

I’m sure that this opening may be less in depth than some would prefer, so I urge you to ask me questions, provide your thoughts, and I will take time to respond and help further a dialogue with the community as this campaign progresses. Thank you.

Additional Information and Resources:

Cap Stable Interview
Legacy of a Capsuleer Interview
Down The Pipe Debate

Independent Articles Regarding Ideas:

Class Four Wormholes | A Super Highway
Class Four Wormholes | Redux
Strategic Cruisers | Part One

Stance on Major Issues:

[YES] Prioritize POS Overhaul/Changes
[YES] Overhaul Corporate Role Management
[YES] Implement Alliance/Customizable Bookmarks
[YES] Increase C1-C4 PVE Yield
[YES] Change Bonuses to Blackhole Wormholes
[NO] Implement Wormhole Stabilizers
[DISCUSSION] Prioritize Changes to C4 Wormholes
[DISCUSSION] Strategic Cruiser Rebalance
[YES] Limit the Discovery Scanner / New Signatures
[YES] Change Gravimetric Sites Back to Requiring Probes
[YES] Increase Wandering Wormholes

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

#2 - 2014-02-28 19:19:37 UTC
I worry about your willingness to listen to other people. You have a history of attacking people on the forums. You have displayed a fair amount of dislike against others because they have a difference in opinion.

I worry that with your aggressive stance and your immature behavior on the forums, that you lack the diplomatic and/or social skills to represent a broader community, then just your own little group of people that you hang out with.

I would also like to point out that you will have to take constructive criticism a lot better then what you have shown up until now. I have tried multiple times to have a normal discussion about WH issues and often your reply was "Eat a Bag Of D*cks" or just plain trolling and name calling.

In order to function on the CSM you will have to take a more diplomatic stance, you will have to be open to criticism and allow people to disagree with you. If your reply is going to be "bag o' d*cks" everytime, I doubt anyone will support you.

You can shrug my post aside if you wish but I rather see you take a mature stance for once in your life and address issues rather then name calling and attacking people who try to have a discussion without the flaming.
Red Coat Conspiracy
#3 - 2014-02-28 19:39:31 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

Alright, Tyrant, I will address this in a manner I would address this as a CSM delegate. For those that are unaware, Tyrant Scorn is the alt of a wormhole member, Red Garsk. He changed characters to allow him a cleaner slate to provide videos and podcasts to the community. There is some context.

Firstly, my willingness to listen to others is considered a virtue in many societies, regarding diplomacy and community leadership/representation. I have countered your posts in the past, sometimes aggressively, due to my difference of opinion as well as observing that you, in particular, were unwilling to listen to others who approached in a more diplomatic manner. I'm an innovator, and I'm willing to take the risks of testing multiple forms of communication in a discussion.

In your opinion, trolling is considered immature, however as a player, trolling and as we would probably say in the wormhole community, "conflict driving", is just one form of communication on the forums. If you observe my conversations on the forums, you'll see that I communicate differently with different people. As a player, I have abhorred when players refuse to participate in the community with their main characters, hence the infamous "bodeys" reply that we use in the wormhole sub-forum.

If you further look at your posting history, you'll find that you are one of the louder voices in the wormhole sub-forum who blindly argues your opinion, without acknowledging the counter points of others. When you posted as Red Garsk, there were times that I gave sincere discussion, and many times, like many forum characters, you disregarded our points as valid counters. This is your prerogative, and I don't fault you for this stance, however when you carry on this manner on the forums, people begin to troll you. Such is the way of things.

If I was concerned that wouldn't receive any support, I wouldn't announce a candidacy to join the CSM delegation. I feel confident that those who I've interacted with in the past and currently, who know me, and trust that I'm sincere in saying that I will carry myself in a manner suitable for diplomatic discourse and discussion will vote to give me the opportunity to help represent this community.

As I said in my opening statement, I will take the time to reply and answer questions. This was a promise, and I intend to keep this promise. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide an example of how I'm willing to adjust my communication to provide a better delegate to this next CSM. Hope that this response helps you to understand my desire to take this opportunity seriously, and also see that I'm sincere in my campaign.

Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2014-02-28 19:57:15 UTC
Buttes or Dongues?
Red Coat Conspiracy
#5 - 2014-02-28 20:06:34 UTC
Arkon Olacar wrote:
Buttes or Dongues?

You are well aware of the answer to this question. Also, how's your cat?

#6 - 2014-02-28 20:48:00 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:

Alright, Tyrant, I will address this in a manner I would address this as a CSM delegate. For those that are unaware, Tyrant Scorn is the alt of a wormhole member, Red Garsk. He changed characters to allow him a cleaner slate to provide videos and podcasts to the community. There is some context.

If you further look at your posting history, you'll find that you are one of the louder voices in the wormhole sub-forum who blindly argues your opinion, without acknowledging the counter points of others. When you posted as Red Garsk, there were times that I gave sincere discussion, and many times, like many forum characters, you disregarded our points as valid counters. This is your prerogative, and I don't fault you for this stance, however when you carry on this manner on the forums, people begin to troll you. Such is the way of things.

I don't think you are in the position to call people alts or mains, I think I can pretty much decide for myself which character is an alt or a main and which character I use to post, podcast and write on. I think it's again, childish of you to pick the personal route to make a point, trying to insinuate that my concerns aren't valid because I have another character ? or that I am an alt ?

If you believe posting on an alt, main, 1 million skill point or 80 million skill point character , should be a limitation to whether or not you can voice your opinion, I think you have no place on the CSM.

Triumvirate.
#7 - 2014-02-28 20:53:39 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
[Rabble

I think his point was that since eve is a sandbox with consequences, those that post on characters separated from the organization they call home do not take place in the community, as they are insulating themselves from the consequences of their words.
#8 - 2014-02-28 20:59:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonny Copper
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
and was also the founder of the Faction Warfare Corporation, Fweddit

SOLD!!!

+5 votes from me

But seriously guys, the man founded fuckin' fweddit.
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-02-28 21:01:13 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Arkon Olacar wrote:
Buttes or Dongues?

All good here, spend most days nappin' it up. If ya know what im sayin'.

+1 here
#10 - 2014-02-28 21:25:57 UTC
Quote:
As I said in my opening statement, I will take the time to reply and answer questions. This was a promise, and I intend to keep this promise. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide an example of how I'm willing to adjust my communication to provide a better delegate to this next CSM. Hope that this response helps you to understand my desire to take this opportunity seriously, and also see that I'm sincere in my campaign.

Well spoken for a self-admitted troll.
I was hesitant at first, but now I'm interested - I'll be back when I've thought of some good questions for you.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Red Coat Conspiracy
#11 - 2014-02-28 22:32:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Proclus Diadochu
Calmatt wrote:

Well said, Calmatt. Thank you for your support and thank you for comprehending my intended meaning. Although, as a player, I tend to validate my points in sometimes jovial, sometimes aggressive ways, I think that my aim is to enjoy the community I reside within and share that community with my friends.

That being said, I acted and communicated in these ways as a private player, which is not the capacity I'm committing to fulfill now. Anyone who wishes to slander my position as a player should understand that I wasn't a community representative during that time. It wasn't my responsibility to listen to everyone's opinions, it wasn't my responsibility to communicate and facilitate discussions. It was my responsibility to enjoy my community of friends and be a leader within that community.

As an alliance executor for a relatively large wormhole alliance, I've accomplished those commitments. I have helped to develop and improve my community, whether it is through providing popcorn potential entertainment on the forums, or building an alliance from the ground with my friends. That was my commitment to my friends and community.

I am committing to a larger community now. If elected, I will have to compromise. I'm sure that I will take ideas, issues, problems, opinions, trolling, and criticism from mains, alts, new players, bittervets, PVE'ers, PVPers, roleplayers, and so on. The point is that my actions on and off the forums in the past were in keeping with my commitments to myself and my community. As a CSM delegate, I'm willing to compromise and work with those that I've taken issue with in the past. If that isn't enough of a commitment for some people, they are welcome to communicate their concerns further, privately or publicly.

Jonny Copper wrote:

Thank you and I'm glad that it wasn't Calmatt to point out this little tidbit :)

Jayne Fillon wrote:

Thank you for your open-mindedness, and I look forward to fielding any questions, and enjoying any subsequent discussions.

Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2014-03-01 00:15:10 UTC
Arkon Cat wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Arkon Olacar wrote:
Buttes or Dongues?

All good here, spend most days nappin' it up. If ya know what im sayin'.

+1 here

Dude this is starting to get creepy

My cat has been dead for a decade
Red Coat Conspiracy
#13 - 2014-03-01 03:41:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuning
Is this where I sign up for Star Citizen?

+1
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-03-01 03:42:30 UTC
Obligatory RCC Member +1
#15 - 2014-03-01 03:51:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Henry Cummings
I've known Proc for a good time now, and while he's a self-admitted troll, he still has proven to act seriously and professionally given the correct circumstances. I am convinced he would be an excellent choice to represent myself, but I have a few questions for him:

What areas of space need the most 'work', in your opinion?

How will you push CCP to address these areas?

While you are a recognized member of the wormhole community, how will you address the needs of those who do not play the game the same way as you?

What is your stance on griefing?

What differentiates you from other wormhole candidates?

Given CCP's new direction with the role of unknown space, how will you push to make wormholes more interesting for me as a player?

What is your stance on Eve's pve?

That's all the question's I'll ask for now., as I won't vote blindly. Best of luck to you.
Red Coat Conspiracy
#16 - 2014-03-01 03:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Proclus Diadochu
Henry Cummings wrote:

Thank you, Henry.

Reserved.

What areas of space need the most 'work', in your opinion?

Well, as an avid wormholer, I'm always interested in improving our community, however I also feel that our community would need the least amount of "work". That being said, in Fweddit, I tried my hand at Faction Warfare, and although I enjoyed the community we created in those "early days", I felt that the FW mechanics were pretty boring. With SOV nullsec, I find that plenty of work could make soverienty more interesting. I wrote a Features and Ideas up a long time back about what I felt could make SOV more engaging. So, to answer your question, I think that FW and Null could use improvements and the most work.

How will you push CCP to address these areas?

Well, I've read the white paper to understand the CSM delegation and our relationship with CCP better, and I feel that I will "push" dialogue with CCP and try to create a connect with the features and ideas of the community, as well as specific community issues. An idea would be to standardize an option to run F&I threads to discuss, learn, and provide feedback as progress is made concerning areas of interest, such as "change requests", "work needed", or "broken mechanics", and other types of requests that are brought up by the community.

While you are a recognized member of the wormhole community, how will you address the needs of those you do not play the game the same way as you?

As many are familiar within our community, I have been known for my trolling in the past, however as a CSM delegate, I would make a concious effort to understand other playstyles, within various communities. With this understanding, I will be able to solidify a better line of communication with those members of our community as a representative, which will sacrifice a level of my player entertainment, but as I've said before, I'm commiting to take this responsibility and sincerely apply effort to help and support the community.

What is your stance on griefing?

I understand both sides of griefing, however again, as a player, I've been known for piracy and griefing personally. One thing I've learned about the wormhole community, in particular, is that rivalries and fights can still result in actions of mutual respect, where griefing would be frowned upon. Some of us have been involved with fights where afterward the victor helped the remnants of the losing fleet out safely, and I've participated in this. So, to answer this question, I'd say my stance is relative to the situation and the community, however I'm not opposed to griefing gameplay.

What differentiates you from other wormhole candidates?

I'm an open book. If asked, I rarely see a reason to withhold about anything. I was told as a kid that I "never met a stranger", so I think that I can be a personable individual. That said, I have my sense of humor and my style of gameplay that doesn't always suit others' style, so I'd say that I'm known by a few for my innovative ways of communication.

Given CCP's new direction with the role of unknown space, how will you push to make wormholes more interesting for me as a player?

Well, I personally like quite a few of the ideas that our community continues to propose, and honestly, I like the idea of something possibly coming down the road where we, the community, begin manufacturing stargates, or finding routes in wormholes leading to other regions of space. Think of all the potential travelers through the void to get to these regions? I've always viewed the wormhole community as the frontier, and hopefully it leads somewhere.

What is your stance on Eve's pve?

I feel like you targeted this question for a reason. Personally, I'm not hugely into PVE, whether site running, anomalies, missions, or FW; (now for the M. Night twist) I absolutely love research and manufacturing. I've made billions in the manufacturing of capital weapons and ammunition, and I do enjoy chillin' to some tunes and going through my motions with my indy characters.

Thanks for taking the time to ask some questions, Henry. Cheers, as always!

Caldari State
#17 - 2014-03-01 04:10:51 UTC
+1 from Probestergo
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#18 - 2014-03-01 06:09:45 UTC
Proc would make the worst CSM ever!

#ShotsFired

All kidding aside I think proc would make a great CSM because of his vast knowledge of the game and being able to work with other people. He has been a great diplo and alliance leader which will help when he is listening to ideas and trying to work out a plan to make eve a bigger and better place.

Proc for CSM!

Viva La EVE!
#19 - 2014-03-01 09:42:03 UTC
+1 Proc, i finally don't have to vote bane out of guilt. Blink
Red Coat Conspiracy
#20 - 2014-03-01 15:13:20 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Removed reply to a deleted post. ISD Ezwal.

Winthorp wrote:

Thank you for your support of my campaign. I feel that Bane will hopefully forgive you for choosing to remember your red coat brother in this year's CSM campaign. I want to take a moment to address your and Tyrant's interaction within this thread. This is an example of differing views, and this provides me the opportunity to express my stance that regardless of someone's opinion or statements, as a CSM delegate, I'm committing to listen, understand, and discuss diplomatically with any individual. This is different than my choices and commitments that I chose to carry out as a private player and alliance leader. Thanks for that opportunity.

6 Pages123Next pageLast page