CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
6 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

Proclus Diadochu For CSM9! *Thanks for the Support!*

First post First post
Author
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-03-01 15:33:29 UTC
Thank you for the in-depth personal response. You certainly seem more organized and professional than the other candidates whose threads I've lurked in.

With that said, back to lurking. Those job buttons aren't gonna push themselves.
Red Coat Conspiracy
#22 - 2014-03-01 19:39:22 UTC
In regard to Tyrant's interview of CSM candidates, I've been in correspondence with him via eve-mail and offered to take him up on his offer to provide one on one interviews with candidates. I don't begrudge EN24 for their style of reporting the news, and their writers, editors, and readers are free to their agendas. It is, of course, a private external community resource.

So, I would ask that we attempt to keep this thread aligned with the intended purpose, and although I greatly appreciate the traffic, opinions, statistics, and bumps; I hope that we can keep the environment amicable, or atleast give it a shot. Thanks!

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Caldari State
#23 - 2014-03-01 23:23:04 UTC
While trolling is considered valid "tactic" in the player base, how would you handle being trolled as CSM member?

What priorities do you see for wormhole space as CSM member?

Questions aside I know Proc for a good while. We have been in the same alliance and have flown together. He helped me a lot during my last CSM campaing so he knows his stuff.

You will definitely have a place on my ballot.

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Red Coat Conspiracy
#24 - 2014-03-02 00:17:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Proclus Diadochu
Chitsa Jason wrote:

Hey Chitsa, I wondered when you’d make a guest appearance in this thread,

While trolling is considered valid "tactic" in the player base, how would you handle being trolled as CSM member?

This is a great question, and certainly one that has application to my playstyle and character persona. As a player, I have been a provocateur, the type of player to create content, either for the enjoyment of myself or my friends. As a CSM delegate, although my commitments will drive my communication with various members of the community toward a more diplomatic approach, I will still utilize the same concepts that allowed for an interesting and successful experience as a player and content driver. I fully expect to encounter trolls, new players, cynical bittervets, angry players, and obsessive characters during my time as a delegate, and to answer your question, I will carry myself professionally.

I have committed to uphold a sincere campaign, and if elected, will continue this methodology throughout my term/s as a CSM delegate. Regardless of the interactions, comments, slander, or tone a member of the community takes toward my campaign, platform, or performance, I will maintain the highest level of candor and professionalism with our community.

What priorities do you see for wormhole space as CSM member?

My priorities for the wormhole community at the moment is to better understand the issues that our membership is facing across every class and ensure that my proposals and suggestions are going to positively impact our community without negatively impacting any of the subgroups (different classes) or other capsuleers outside of the wormhole community. The top issue that I believe is negatively impacting growth for the wormhole community currently is our current POS system. POS’s have been in need of an overhaul for a long time, and I know that you and James pushed for support with the PCHA and PSMA, with obvious progress, however there is more that we can accomplish in this regard. So, if I were to state a priority change, it’s clearly the POS system.

Other priorities within our community would be understanding the direction of CCP regarding the “T3 Re-balance”, how those changes will impact our community; Continuing our discussions about increasing the yield potential and viability for growth in the C1-C4 communities; Consideration and understanding the effects on our C4 members regarding the introduction of dual statics, receive their feedback and propose a sound idea that our community would feel positively impacts C4 space; Working with wormhole community members, as well as members outside the wormhole community to develop ideas, suggestions, and concepts to create a proposal for a “customizable bookmarking system”, which could range from alliance bookmarking through fleet bookmarking options. This last idea, as well as others, would take into consideration the requests and ideas of community members, however would require further discussion and feedback from the development teams.

As a CSM delegate, I’m not a game developer, but my goal will be to understand the details of ideas, suggestions, and proposals provided by the community and to promote and discuss with CCP Staff, while maintaining the best level of transparency possible, and ensuring that the discussions are two-way, productive, and available to the community members (Likely through utilization of the Eve-O forums, in-game channels, and any other effective avenues I have available).

Thanks for taking the time to visit, ask questions, and the kind words. I look forward to an opportunity to represent our community, if I'm permitted.

A Band Apart.
#25 - 2014-03-02 14:14:56 UTC
A wormholer, was waiting for this.

Couple of things you mention you find FW boring, I'm not a real fan of what you say there I personally think there are some issues with FW but I definitely don't find it boring, and know many others don't either. Which changes or mechanics do you specifically not like and what could there be changed to make it more your cup of tea? What would you think if a CSM member focused on FW would come in and say he feels wormholes are boring and would like the mechanics changed?

Most of your campaign seems to be focused on 'listening to the community', I've read all posts and it's a very common theme I must say, what are you going to do different than others to make sure you are actually listening to the community and not just your friends and corporation/alliance? I feel as though every CSM has pretty much mentioned this, no one has gone out their way to make them as approachable to the community as possible, and still feel they are really just fighting for their own opinions, it's a broken promise.

I disagree

The Bastard Cartel
#26 - 2014-03-02 16:08:13 UTC
There are so many issues and conflicting ideas to 'improve' the game both inside w-space and out there in known space. However, thinking a CSM member has any power to change any game mechanics is, frankly, laughable.

Can we please hear from former CSMs in detail about their 'powers' because I think a lot of the community think when a CSM is voted in, they have some kind of 'big- wig' role in game development and the power to make their ideas reality?
Red Coat Conspiracy
#27 - 2014-03-02 17:46:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Proclus Diadochu
SKINE DMZ wrote:

Couple of things you mention you find FW boring, I'm not a real fan of what you say there I personally think there are some issues with FW but I definitely don't find it boring, and know many others don't either. Which changes or mechanics do you specifically not like and what could there be changed to make it more your cup of tea? What would you think if a CSM member focused on FW would come in and say he feels wormholes are boring and would like the mechanics changed?

Solid question, and frankly I'm not opposed to any candidate coming in and saying any community is "boring" or they feel needs change. My opposition would be if they blindly begin making proposals on behalf of a community to CCP without transparency or any communication or discussion with said community.

I did say that I found some aspects of FW boring, and when I was flying in FW, it was warp in, spin on a button, and profit. Please remember that I formed Fweddit nearly two years ago, so changes have taken place since then. That was my opinion relative to the time and my experience. If I were to ever consider proposing changes to any community, it would always be after I have spoken with the community understand issues, ideas, and suggestions; which would lead to a drafted proposal, and then I would share this proposal with the community to receive feedback. This would all happen before I ever submit any of these ideas to CCP. I also understand that I won't please everyone every time, so I will make determinations based on what I feel would represent the overall community.

Most of your campaign seems to be focused on 'listening to the community', I've read all posts and it's a very common theme I must say, what are you going to do different than others to make sure you are actually listening to the community and not just your friends and corporation/alliance? I feel as though every CSM has pretty much mentioned this, no one has gone out their way to make them as approachable to the community as possible, and still feel they are really just fighting for their own opinions, it's a broken promise.

This is one of the primary reasons that I've committed to CSM9. As you clearly noticed, this is my platform; this is my promise to the community. The difference you would see from me is [CSM9] _______________ Discussion | Community would be seen in various subforums throughout these forums where I would engage the community, ask questions, understand ideas and suggestions, and listen to the community. I would also share these threads through social media and have redirects from Twitter, and even send redirects to these thread discussions from in-game avenues. These threads would be where discussions about specific items take place, and where I would share proposals for discussion, and eventually, my dialogue would be continued from my representation of the proposals to CCP for further discussion and feedback. Sometimes the NDA issues will prohibit some disclosure, but I'd make every effort to be as transparent as possible.

Thank you for your questions.

A Band Apart.
#28 - 2014-03-02 20:14:48 UTC
Thanks for answering, it clears some things up for me and I appreciated what you've said.

I disagree

Red Coat Conspiracy
#29 - 2014-03-03 05:46:19 UTC
Here is an example of the type of discussions I'd like to have with the community regarding features, ideas, and proposals.

Please feel free to provide feedback about the feature/idea there or provide feedback about the discussion template here. Thank you!

Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2014-03-03 10:40:02 UTC
Duke Wendo wrote:
There are so many issues and conflicting ideas to 'improve' the game both inside w-space and out there in known space. However, thinking a CSM member has any power to change any game mechanics is, frankly, laughable.

Can we please hear from former CSMs in detail about their 'powers' because I think a lot of the community think when a CSM is voted in, they have some kind of 'big- wig' role in game development and the power to make their ideas reality?

You are semi-right; a CSM member can't just walk up to CCP with a list of campaign promises and have them implemented in the next release. However CCP will come to the CSM with a whole range of ideas, some of them will be unbelieviably pants on head stupid. We need a CSM of non-shitlords who can say "are you high?" to these ideas. Just flick through the CSM minutes, you'll quickly see which members need a bullet to the brain for the good of humanity and which ones should be allowed to survive the purge.
Affirmative.
#31 - 2014-03-03 11:09:42 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
The difference you would see from me is [CSM9] _______________ Discussion | Community would be seen in various subforums throughout these forums where I would engage the community, ask questions, understand ideas and suggestions, and listen to the community. I would also share these threads through social media and have redirects from Twitter, and even send redirects to these thread discussions from in-game avenues. These threads would be where discussions about specific items take place, and where I would share proposals for discussion, and eventually, my dialogue would be continued from my representation of the proposals to CCP for further discussion and feedback. Sometimes the NDA issues will prohibit some disclosure, but I'd make every effort to be as transparent as possible.

I fear you may be underestimating the scope of the NDA and how it limits your ability to engange the community on matters that are actually relevant to CCPs development plans.
I often get the impression that the communication from people like Ripard Teg and Ali Aras is already bordering the NDA tightly.
Have you talked to current CSM members regarding you plans on forum discussions, how feasible they are within CSM constraints?
#32 - 2014-03-03 11:22:28 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
I often get the impression that the communication from people like Ripard Teg and Ali Aras is already bordering the NDA tightly. Have you talked to current CSM members regarding you plans on forum discussions, how feasible they are within CSM constraints?

I think this is a very good question, in fact, I am going to write this down and ask Mike Azariah this question when he's on the podcast in a couple of days.
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#33 - 2014-03-03 16:28:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Lakshata Chawla
Will you be as available as Chitsa? And how many dreads has RCC Seeded into our home?

Edit: All wormhole candidates have my full support because I'd do anything to have wormhole space be improved, and to have candidates other than null coalition members.
#34 - 2014-03-03 21:44:54 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

33. Posting of chat logs outside the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited.

The posting of chat logs between player parties is prohibited on all forum channels of the EVE Online forums, with the exception of the Crime & Punishment Channel where they can be posted as part of stories in the Pirate Story Thread.
Specific rules regarding the omission of pilot names apply in this instance. Further details can be found in the rules stickies in the Crime & Punishment forum channel.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

#35 - 2014-03-04 02:38:08 UTC
Hello everyone,

You can find Proclus Diadochu's interview which he had with me at the following link:

Mp3 Download Link:
http://www.legacyofacapsuleer.com/mp3/CSM9_interview_07_Proclus_Diadochu.mp3

Watch It On YouTube At:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eblk0eevZM4

Hope you guys enjoy the interview and I hope you get to know Proclus Diadochu a bit better.

Greetz & thanks,

Tyrant Scorn
Plucky Adventurers
#36 - 2014-03-04 22:55:19 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:

Of course, like most people running for CSM, I have ideas of my own, however I’m not running to pursue a personal agenda. My ideas will not always be the best ideas. I’m running for CSM to represent this community, you, to CCP and voice your ideas and issues. My promise to this community is to communicate and facilitate discussions, and barring NDA obligations, provide the highest level of transparency to this community. Some members of this community may wish to know my ideas for particular mechanics or ideas, and if asked, I will take the time to provide you with my thoughts and opinion, but my job as a CSM delegate will not be to work for CCP as a developer, my job will be to listen to you, understand your ideas and issues, and communicate them with CCP, then I will receive feedback, and within the limits that I’m allowed, communicate with you, the community, and further listen to your feedback. I will be your avenue for the clearest communication possible, and that is my promise to you, if you decide to give me that opportunity and responsibility.

I'm very concerned by this idea. Especially in today CSM, a large part of the job is going to be discussing things with CCP that are not public by any means. If you are planning on waiting until those things can be discussed in public, you are going to be left out of the decision making process.

Everyone says they will communicate with the players and try to involve them in the process, but that isn't possible in most cases. So I think you owe it to your potential voters to lay out a little more about how *you* feel about the state of the game, both in w-space and outside of it.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Adhocracy
#37 - 2014-03-04 23:49:27 UTC
Two step wrote:

I'm very concerned by this idea. Especially in today CSM, a large part of the job is going to be discussing things with CCP that are not public by any means. If you are planning on waiting until those things can be discussed in public, you are going to be left out of the decision making process.

Everyone says they will communicate with the players and try to involve them in the process, but that isn't possible in most cases. So I think you owe it to your potential voters to lay out a little more about how *you* feel about the state of the game, both in w-space and outside of it.

I have to agree, in part, with this.

When it concerns the CSM, the communication is largely in one direction. CSM provides feedback on CCP's ideas that they present to the CSM, but the CSM is largely not able (NDA Ballgag) to communicate those ideas back to the playerbase.

Eg, a few weeks back I asked if there was any metrics CCP would be able to provide as concerns population density of various classes of Wormholes. James Arget was very quick to get back to me, and stated that CCP did not provide those kinds of metrics anymore, and even if they did they (CCP) felt that it would break the "immersion" of W-space by having that kind of information so readily available.

Does it sound like a cop out or a legitimate concern? Not my place to judge. This is, in short, what the CSM is supposed to do. James, to his credit, did his job as CSM rep.

Now when it comes to Chitsa and James "making the rounds" with individual entities in W-space. I personally feel that this kind of communication was far less frequent than when you, Two step, held a seat on the CSM.

I think that any CSM rep, W-space or not, needs to realize that it's not "CCP Junior Developer" but more "CCP Player Focus Group".

#38 - 2014-03-09 18:59:18 UTC
/ eats humble pie.

It's one thing to see an EvE and EvE-O Forum persona and make a judgement based on lack of contact and forgetting that EvE by pure definition is a dark world where we cathartically get to act out our dark sides with little or no consequences.

I'm impressed! Plain and simple. Clear, communicative, human and obviously not just running on a whim.

Definitely a CSM representative I would now consider having heard the interview.

+1

The Nexus 7's

What we fall short of in numbers we more than make up for in stupidity

Transmission Lost
#39 - 2014-03-10 06:06:53 UTC
People need to realize you can troll and give a shiit about the wormhole community.

No trolling please

#40 - 2014-03-10 07:14:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrant Scorn
Bane Nucleus wrote:
People need to realize you can troll and give a shiit about the wormhole community.

There is trolling and there is insulting... Two separate things. Also, there is a language aspect... I would have used the word "care" instead of the word "shiit".
6 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page