CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

DNSBLACK for CSM9

First post First post
Author
Dirt Nap Squad.
#41 - 2014-03-07 16:20:49 UTC
BRAD KING/DNSBLACK for CSM9!!!
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2014-03-07 16:48:44 UTC
Xander Phoena wrote:
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
While "harsher" methods to get points across may earn people frownie points, we have things like the Jita riots around Incarna that may suggest it may be a viable measure at times.


I'm on the fence about DNSBlack over exactly this issue. I eagerly await his response to the questions raised in this thread as to how he dealt with the Somer situation from last year. Once I hear that, I feel I'll be able to make a better decision on him one way or the other.


how exactly does the Somer cituation effect you or the game? How he dealt with the cituation was between him and CCP, if CCP found no issue with what Somer was doing, the final verdict of what happened wouldnt have been the outcome. Being on the CSM is about being the voice between the players and CCP, like I stated in my previous post, Bradley aka DNSBLACK has the know how and the passion to relay the thoughts and concerns of the EvE players.
#43 - 2014-03-07 16:52:36 UTC
Its not about the situation its about how he handled himself in the situation
Dirt Nap Squad.
#44 - 2014-03-07 18:39:07 UTC
Hello Monument Visitor wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Hello Monument Visitor wrote:
The past few years have seen CCP taking the CSM and subsequently the players, more seriously than ever before. Would DNSBLACK diving in feet first and and giving CCP a piece of his mind undo all of this progress?
I know you haven't known him as long as I have, given that you're less than two weeks old...


Let me tell you about alts... Oh hold on... You've been playing for 6 years and you don't know about alts? Shocked

You definitely need a break from CSM duties and get back to playing as it appears you're lacking knowledge on major aspects of EvE.


Let me tell you about sarcasm. . . Oh hold on . . .
Dirt Nap Squad.
#45 - 2014-03-07 19:18:54 UTC
BadAssMcKill wrote:
Its not about the situation its about how he handled himself in the situation



Xander and BadAssMcKill

I am currently working on a reply to the Sommer Blink/RMT issue. Please understand that I still have to follow EULA guild lines when sharing CCP material on these forums. So I can better respond, please share with me what your concerns are about how I handled myself? If possible I'd like to speak with both of you (Xander, BadAssMcKill ) personally first and then share our discussion. Perhaps on my coms or Skype? I will do my best to respond and shed light into a number of matters that were addressed and resolved during the investigation of Sommer, myself, and other third party sites and the complete handling of the situation by the community/marketing team at CCP. Look for my coms info in your mail box tonight.

DNSBLACK
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-03-07 19:39:24 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
Look for my coms info in your mail box tonight.

DNSBLACK


Rgr o7

www.crossingzebras.com

Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2014-03-07 19:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
While the way he protested the Somer situation was a bit brazen, I think it was necessary. He demonstrated the logical conclusion of CCP essentially sanctioning a method of converting one's in-game assets into real money. There were basically only three options: continue allowing the practice (bad idea), restrict it to a few select 'partners' (gives certain players a massive and unfair advantage over their competitors) or prohibit the practice entirely. Black's demonstration could have had unfavorable results (him being banned or the second option being taken) but that wasn't the case.

But let's not forget how he unwittingly yet utterly took down the most powerful player in EVE by getting him wasted and smug as **** with the unholy trinity of a cardboard wizard hat, Jager and Red Bull.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

The-Culture
#48 - 2014-03-07 19:51:27 UTC
Andski wrote:
While the way he protested the Somer situation was a bit brazen, I think it was necessary. He demonstrated the logical conclusion of CCP essentially sanctioning a method of converting one's in-game assets into real money. There were basically only three options: continue allowing the practice (bad idea), restrict it to a few select 'partners' (gives certain players a massive and unfair advantage over their competitors) or prohibit the practice entirely. Black's demonstration could have had unfavorable results (him being banned or the second option being taken) but that wasn't the case.

But let's not forget how he unwittingly yet utterly took down the most powerful player in EVE by getting him wasted and smug as **** with the unholy trinity of a cardboard wizard hat, Jager and Red Bull.



F'ing meta gaming genius.
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2014-03-07 20:22:09 UTC
Andski wrote:
But let's not forget how he unwittingly yet utterly took down the most powerful player in EVE by getting him wasted and smug as **** with the unholy trinity of a cardboard wizard hat, Jager and Red Bull.


Nevar forgate.

www.crossingzebras.com

#50 - 2014-03-07 21:25:30 UTC
Xander Phoena wrote:
DNSBLACK wrote:
Look for my coms info in your mail box tonight.

DNSBLACK


Rgr o7



Sure I'd love to hear from you
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2014-03-07 22:42:45 UTC
Hello Monument Visitor wrote:
Let me tell you about alts...

And let me tell you about farming anonymous cowards for bumps... Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

#52 - 2014-03-08 07:33:24 UTC
Good luck Black, the CSM needs more novelty headgear.
Hello Monument Visitor
#53 - 2014-03-08 07:46:50 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Hello Monument Visitor wrote:
Let me tell you about alts...

And let me tell you about farming anonymous cowards for bumps... Twisted


And let me tell you about CSM representatives who attack the poster rather than the content of what they say ...

p.s. this wasn't a free bump - it was already top. Farming fail?
Esha Amphal
#54 - 2014-03-08 09:36:58 UTC
I for one eagerly await your CSM candidacy interview/s on Legacy Of A Capsuleer, Cap Stable, Podside, etc.

DNSBlack, Subjugater of Space Tyrants. Much respect, elected onto CSM9 or otherwise. *salute*
Dirt Nap Squad.
#55 - 2014-03-08 13:12:33 UTC
Capqu wrote:
dnsblack aka recon lossmail specialist how many buffs do you plan on advocating for recons to compensate for your complete inability to fly them



It is indeed true that DNSBlack loses a lot of Arazus. According to CCP, he's the all-time record holder when it comes to getting blown up in them. He considers this a badge of honor, much as the Rancer pirates pride themselves at having -10 sec status.

Every time Brad lights a covert cyno to begin a hotdrop, he knows that his Arazu is a sitting duck, but getting it blown up is usually a small price to pay for inflicting much more damage on his targets. That said, mocking him when he loses one is a DNS tradition.

If elected, DNSBlack will work to make the game better, period.
skill urself
#56 - 2014-03-08 17:57:03 UTC
Sar Hasarin wrote:
Capqu wrote:
dnsblack aka recon lossmail specialist how many buffs do you plan on advocating for recons to compensate for your complete inability to fly them



It is indeed true that DNSBlack loses a lot of Arazus. According to CCP, he's the all-time record holder when it comes to getting blown up in them. He considers this a badge of honor, much as the Rancer pirates pride themselves at having -10 sec status.

Every time Brad lights a covert cyno to begin a hotdrop, he knows that his Arazu is a sitting duck, but getting it blown up is usually a small price to pay for inflicting much more damage on his targets. That said, mocking him when he loses one is a DNS tradition.

If elected, DNSBlack will work to make the game better, period.


ok i'm sold

as long as he doesn't want buffs for recons/stealth bombers
Pandemic Legion
#57 - 2014-03-09 00:28:06 UTC
For us unwashed masses who aren't allowed to grace DNSBlack's personal comms with our presence I'd like to read the reasoning behind openly challenging CCP and dancing around the EULA when he tried to sell his account via raffle on the forums
#58 - 2014-03-09 17:55:49 UTC
I am working on the interview I did with DNSBLACK, it's a 2 hour conversation that I need to edit but I agree with a lot of what he says, he has so much passion...
Dirt Nap Squad.
#59 - 2014-03-09 21:58:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Tcar
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
I am working on the interview I did with DNSBLACK, it's a 2 hour conversation that I need to edit but I agree with a lot of what he says, he has so much passion...


Wish we had an editor for corp meetings. . .

Michele Bachmann wrote:
For us unwashed masses who aren't allowed to grace DNSBlack's personal comms with our presence I'd like to read the reasoning behind openly challenging CCP and dancing around the EULA when he tried to sell his account via raffle on the forums


DNS coms are not the EVE Uni Mumble. Our IT is handled by a talented member and consist of an Amiga 4000 and a 56k baud modem. This is an upgrade from our old Tandy TRS-80 with a 300 baud modem. We are not set up for half of EVE to come and hang out on our TS.

On the other hand, I am sure that if you contacted Black and asked nicely, he'd be happy to get you on coms and talk, if that is what you truly desire.
#60 - 2014-03-10 00:19:35 UTC
Michele Bachmann wrote:
For us unwashed masses who aren't allowed to grace DNSBlack's personal comms with our presence I'd like to read the reasoning behind openly challenging CCP and dancing around the EULA when he tried to sell his account via raffle on the forums


I talked with Brad as the final scandal was winding down. The TL;DR is that he saw something that was bad and figured he didn't have enough firepower on his own to get the GTC sellers loophole that allowed SOMERblink to RMT ISK closed. So he decided to perform an outrageous action that would draw attention to the fact the loophole existed and get additional help from the EVE community. The fact that someone was able to use the instructions DNSBLACK provided to openly set up a business on the official EVE Online forums plus the resulting attention got things changed. CCP Juris (aka chief legal council William Winter) informed the ETC sellers telling them their player partners could no longer violate the EULA and that the ETC sellers were responsible for their player partners following the EULA in regard to ETC sales.

I can also state that if he had not done what he did, I would have continued to believe that any rumors of SOMERblink engaging in RMT activities that violated the EULA but did not violate the ETC-sellers agreement as just more anti-SOMER trolling.

Hopefully, if he is elected to the CSM, Brad will not feel the need to do anything as outlandish again. Indeed, getting Brad elected and under an NDA might be in CCP's best interests Smile

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Forum Jump