CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

Alyxportur for CSM9

First post
Author
Badfellas Inc.
#1 - 2014-03-10 02:01:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Alyxportur
Though I'm not an official candidate, I encourage you to vote for Sugar Kyle and Major JSilva.

===========================================================================================
Cap Stable interview: http://www.capstable.net/2014/03/23/csm9alyxportur/

Endorsed by www.eveskunk.com: https://twitter.com/eveskunk/status/444734528385323008

"Whether you vote for me or not, if I win, I will still represent you all as best as I can."

I’m Alyxportur, a current resident of sov nullsec, and I’m campaigning for CSM9.

EDIT: I'll try to keep issues/ideas from this thread updated here for anyone that doesn't want to click through multiple pages.

When CCP changed the voting method for last year’s CSM8 election, players were given the right to vote for all 14 of the CSM candidates they wanted as their representatives rather than a single individual. To me, this underscores their desire for CSM members to represent the interests of all groups and not just special interests.

The last three years of my experience in EVE has moved from highsec to lowsec to wormhole space and then finally to sov nullsec. As the game has changed, some things have still remained the same.

One of the core issues I am campaigning on is the expansion of corporate bookmarks (perhaps skill-scaled like member size) and the addition of alliance bookmarks. The usefulness and need for bookmarks doesn't decrease when your corp size goes up. If skills can increase your maximum corp size, perhaps they should increase your maximum bookmark size as well. However, for corporations in an alliance, locations important to all member corps should have their own section, rather than bloat corporate lists. One alliance set of bookmarks seems far more utilitarian than a dozen identical corp sets.

Two issues that will be found throughout most of the CSM posts:

• Corporation Management (tied to POS structures and their management; it needs an update, but I surmise that the coding effort would be high)

• Power Projection (on the one hand, if they own the space, shouldn’t they be able to protect it, on the other hand large empires should still have vulnerabilities)

I look forward to feedback on these issues and any new ones as well in the replies below, since again, if elected I’m supposed to speak for you, not just my interests. If you’d like me to elaborate on anything, please post a question as well.

If you’re wondering about my PVP experience, it’s likely higher or lower than your preference----depending on where you live in EVE----but nullsec has given me some of the best and worst experiences, and for the foreseeable future, I can’t imagine wanting to leave it. I’ve fought in large-TiDi battles that lasted long enough for me to make my number two several times. I've sat on gatecamps listening to EVE-Radio and enjoyed warping about in interceptors since they were changed in Rubicon.

If I’ve ever stolen things, it wasn’t a large enough value for me to remember it. I’ve trained plenty of skills that ended up useless on their respective character. I served Phreeze and Emperor Salazar with loyalty in the tedium of SRP payouts while in Insidious Empire. I also enjoy recruiting more friends into playing EVE, whether it be into my corporation or into RvB or Brave Newbies Inc.

In real life, I live at my computer whether I’m at work, school, or home. I plan on attending EVE Vegas in the fall with corpmates and EVE friends. I’m currently attending university to earn my Geography MA.

(EDITED)
Additional issues:

• Killmails for all anchorable units. Mainly an issue with bubbles, which lack them. All the newer mobile units generate killmails.

• Cloaky camping: Nullsec dwellers have a consistent complaint about cloaky-campers. The changes talked about by residents is typically a method of detection and/or max time length of the module being active. More recently, I've heard it being talked about as tied to sovereignty via an iHub upgrade with POS module for cloak-disruption, which would be interesting.

• Option to turn on a 'global' setting for in-game chat channels: In otherwords, you turn the option on under the Settings -> Audio & Chat tab, and then all your channels (and especially any newly opened channels) would use the same formatting you have set for your other chat tabs (e.g. compact view, text size, show text only).

#2 - 2014-03-10 04:29:53 UTC
You have my vote for sure as a past corp mate and friend i think they would be lucky to have you
Upholders
#3 - 2014-03-10 07:18:39 UTC
I demand alliance bookmarks! This is all.
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-03-10 11:49:24 UTC
You have my vote..:)

+1
Of Sound Mind
#5 - 2014-03-10 16:57:14 UTC
Alyxportur wrote:

• Corporation Management (tied to POS structures and their management; it needs an update, but I surmise that the coding effort would be high)
  • Power Projection (on the one hand, if they own the space, shouldn’t they be able to protect it, on the other hand large empires should still have vulnerabilities)

I look forward to feedback on these issues and any new ones as well in the replies below, since again, if elected I’m supposed to speak for you, not just my interests. If you’d like me to elaborate on anything, please post a question as well.

You've accurately described what everyone else is talking about. What do you think about these issues?

(put otherwise, why should we vote for you above one of those other candidates?)
Badfellas Inc.
#6 - 2014-03-10 18:15:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Alyxportur
Ranamar wrote:
Alyxportur wrote:

You've accurately described what everyone else is talking about. What do you think about these issues?

(put otherwise, why should we vote for you above one of those other candidates?)

If you want to vote for someone who has the same view as you on a topic, I understand that.

My personal views on those two issues:

• Corporation Management: Corporation management needs to be changed. An overhaul in role management and assignation benefits the majority without removing content creation from the game. For example, giving someone the ability to research their blueprints means that they have the ability to cancel and deliver any corporate BPO in the progress of research in addition to their own. In real life, just because I can login to my email on campus, doesn't mean I can access other students email and delete/reply to their messages. 20,000+ years in the future, we should have at least the same partitioning of control.
  • Power Projection: I don't think power projection in terms of jump-capable ships will ever be removed from the game. I believe the logistical difficulties involved in creating and sustaining a titan-bridge link to move a fleet of subcapitals across territory with multiple bridges is already difficult. The ease of jumping capital ships themselves is something that I am very on the fence about. I can't imagine living in nullsec without them, however if the mechanic was removed from the game, it would be an equal disadvantage for all the blocs. Considering how the nullsec empires layout their defensive and offensive tactics around the range limitations of their capital fleets (defensive, offensive, and logistical), I believe the blocs have enough experience and intelligence to quickly adapt to any changes to the mechanic (such as limiting range, increasing fuel consumption, etc.). If I were to really be pressed on the issue, I would still say that it's a complex issue (I wouldn't call it a 'problem' because of my own nullsec bias), and I don't consider that response a non-answer. There would be no change that would not upset a significant portion of the playerbase.

If I were to spend my time arguing on behalf of players for one of the above issues, it would be corporation management. I would also do more research on the corp management improvements that need to happen, especially in regard to management issues that particularly come up with wormhole corporations who live in a very different manner than the rest of us----truly settlers on the 'frontier'.
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-03-10 23:10:44 UTC
A fellow corpmate and a friend, I know he has the passion and commitment to be an excellent CSM rep for all EVE players. He'll put in the time for all of us on every single issue - and for that he has my vote.
#8 - 2014-03-11 00:09:54 UTC
I approve of these products and services
Intrepid Crossing
#9 - 2014-03-11 09:46:50 UTC
You will have my vote.

Though something that I would like to know, is what (if any) other issues interest you?
Badfellas Inc.
#10 - 2014-03-14 00:13:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alyxportur
Col Crunch wrote:
You will have my vote.

Though something that I would like to know, is what (if any) other issues interest you?

More issues:

• It would be nice to be able to save planet setups (building positions/links) similar to how fittings are saved. Giving players the ability to save their layouts (which in my experience are pretty standard when it comes to processing) or even design them on an empty planet tool would augment all the documentation work players have already done.
  • Fixing the Industrial Core bug/anomaly. It's been around since before I came to nullsec (1.5+ years?). It's a niche issue.
  • I love the new d-scan. I wish the standings box (for adding/modifying standings) had a text box too rather than the same slider the old d-scan had.

I'll setup an ongoing list at some point this weekend and then link it on this thread.
inPanic
#11 - 2014-03-15 07:30:40 UTC
This guy is alright, two thumbs up !!
King of Warcraft
#12 - 2014-03-15 09:41:10 UTC
During the recent Wormhole townhall meeting, CCP Fozzie gave an explanation about how Alliances work and why making improvements to Alliance management is so difficult. How do you feel about his explanation, and how do you think it effects your platform?
Badfellas Inc.
#13 - 2014-03-17 08:29:40 UTC
King of Warcraft wrote:
During the recent Wormhole townhall meeting, CCP Fozzie gave an explanation about how Alliances work and why making improvements to Alliance management is so difficult. How do you feel about his explanation, and how do you think it effects your platform?

Not ignoring this. Will post an actual reply tomorrow night if I can squeeze in listening to part 2 of the townhall mp3.

Can I ask how you feel about blapdreads in wormhole space?
Badfellas Inc.
#14 - 2014-03-17 08:37:06 UTC
As I put into the original post, I'll try to keep issues/ideas from this thread updated here for anyone that doesn't want to click through multiple pages.
King of Warcraft
#15 - 2014-03-17 18:58:13 UTC  |  Edited by: King of Warcraft
Alyxportur wrote:
[Can I ask how you feel about blapdreads in wormhole space?

I am not a wormhole resident on any of my toons, so I do not have any feelings about wormhole mechanics. My initial impression is that they provide a significant advantage to a defender, but then again, a determined attacker could overcome such an advantage through stealth, trickery, and better fleet comps. But as I have previously stated, I am not a wormhole resident, so I may be wrong.
Badfellas Inc.
#16 - 2014-03-18 05:42:48 UTC
(This list has been added to the initial post.)

Additional issues:

• GUI alterations: Coding an additional chat client program allowing players to login to their corp, alliance, and private channels (if logged into the same account via EVE, then show local as well). This would allow the chat channels in-game to be closed/minimized and free up valuable space on a players view, with the side program running the channels on a different monitor. First objection I would note is that you'd want your fleet chat to be open on the main EVE window for adding players to watchlist, however with all your other general channels cleared off the screen, you won't need to have fleet chat compressed to a tiny shoebox.

• 'Switch Character' button: I really hope this doesn't need an explanation. Being able to go back to the character selection screen would be an extremely utilitarian improvement to EVE for anyone that more than one character on an account.

• Switching training without switching characters: With the recent addition to PLEX (where you can choose which account to add it to or activate it on), players may prefer being able to pause training on one character and activate it on another while being logged into one of the characters on the account
Badfellas Inc.
#17 - 2014-03-18 05:53:03 UTC
King of Warcraft wrote:
Alyxportur wrote:
[Can I ask how you feel about blapdreads in wormhole space?

I am not a wormhole resident on any of my toons, so I do not have any feelings about wormhole mechanics. My initial impression is that they provide a significant advantage to a defender, but then again, a determined attacker could overcome such an advantage through stealth, trickery, and better fleet comps. But as I have previously stated, I am not a wormhole resident, so I may be wrong.

From talking to one of the larger C5/C6 wormhole groups' members, the gist of the conversation was that they not had trouble invading wormholes with capitals. Their main issue was blapdreads being able to massively overpower battleship opposition using target painters and siege.

I wasn't really certain how to deal with that without changing it for everyone, but I'm waiting to hear their opinion on changing target painter modules to be a % chance of working (like jammers) or have wormhole effects which reduce the effectiveness of target painters. The % chance seemed like one of the better choices as more of a 'tweak' than change, without disrupting too much of the utility for players. When I think of target painters, I think of Battle L.A. where you point the laser at something and wait for a airstrike, but you don't always have the laser pointed accurately or in the perfect place.
Pandemic Legion
#18 - 2014-03-18 08:44:19 UTC
Alyxportur wrote:
GUI alterations: Coding an additional chat client program allowing players to login to their corp, alliance, and private channels (if logged into the same account via EVE, then show local as well). This would allow the chat channels in-game to be closed/minimized and free up valuable space on a players view, with the side program running the channels on a different monitor. First objection I would note is that you'd want your fleet chat to be open on the main EVE window for adding players to watchlist, however with all your other general channels cleared off the screen, you won't need to have fleet chat compressed to a tiny shoebox.

Why should CCP spend dev time to features that player already made available for their alliances via great tools like jabber and irc?

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

Badfellas Inc.
#19 - 2014-03-18 08:56:45 UTC
Forlorn Wongraven wrote:
Alyxportur wrote:
GUI alterations: Coding an additional chat client program allowing players to login to their corp, alliance, and private channels (if logged into the same account via EVE, then show local as well). This would allow the chat channels in-game to be closed/minimized and free up valuable space on a players view, with the side program running the channels on a different monitor. First objection I would note is that you'd want your fleet chat to be open on the main EVE window for adding players to watchlist, however with all your other general channels cleared off the screen, you won't need to have fleet chat compressed to a tiny shoebox.

Why should CCP spend dev time to features that player already made available for their alliances via great tools like jabber and irc?

(1) Those tools help your alliance(s), not all players.
(2) They may augment the in-game channels, but they don't replace them or allow you to move them to a different screen

I'm not saying it's a higher priority than the other items, but it's still something to consider. As with any major changes, they could need to gauge player feedback before spending money on it. Sometimes I turn on my Captain's Quarters to walk around though. Blink
Pandemic Legion
#20 - 2014-03-18 12:26:06 UTC
Will you make copying more than 2000 bookmarks a non-pain in the arse?

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

2 Pages12Next page